Damage Control Sunday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls.

The bowling banquet was okay. I was just too tired to really have fun dancing or anything so we sat most of the night. I had a few drinks but I was not into it. Yeah, a hangover from drinking the night before will do that to ya! :p

As you've probably noticed from my work outs the past few days I've strayed from the CLX rotation. Well I am hoping to get back to it with week 3 of Lean within the next few days. Today would be great if I can swing it! My crappy sleep patterns resulting in being very tired and my on again/off again congestion issues are killing me and making it hard for me to get motivated for heavy lifting. Fingers crossed that I can pick back up with it PRONTO! :)

K, let me get this blather posted and then I'll be back with personals!;)

Diana: Oh that nutrition analysis program you are signing up for at the rec cntr sounds fabulous! I can't wait to hear all about it and about your results when it is over! :) As for the daycare job offer, I considered asking if I could bring Joey there when need be but truth be told, I really don't want to have to do that either and my DH agrees. My situation is not such that I need to grasp at any offer I am given. I am going to send out more resumes to different places and wait it out until the RIGHT offer comes along. :)

Jen: In talking to different people I got the feeling that the daycare industry is a tough one to work in as well. I told DH that I will not be accepting the position due to the hours and he was totally fine with that. He wants me to go back to work but he wants it to work for our family. We don't NEED me to work to live comfortably but of course the extra money always helps. As for the office position, I emailed my resume thursday and was not contacted on friday. I wanted to send them a follow up email friday (they did not offer a phone number in the ad-only fax and email) but the day got away from me so I will be emailing them today or tmrw. I have no info on the pay rate for this office job. I need to find that out as well as the hours before it can even be a consideration.

Laura: Hope they find out what's up with SIL's dad soon! A lodged stone would be good news I guess as it's much less serious then the alternatives I'll bet! Fire in the legs huh? YAY! I passed on my pain to you! Enjoy it! :p

Jacque: Hope you are havin' fun with your DH this weekend!!!!;)

Hi ladies,

Hope you don't mind, I just popped in to WHINE! DH had to go in to work today and left pretty early. I ended up getting up and watching a few recorded shows. Now it's time to get busy-that's when it all fell apart.

DS has been told to clean his room for weeks and I told him it had to be done by noon, 4 hours. He doesn't think he can clean his room in 4 hours. He doesn't take care of anything and loses expensive things. For example, he can't find the charger to his PSP that we got him for Christmas. He doesn't think it's a big deal. He lost 2 school hoodies just this year. After he lost the first one I bought him a second one for Christmas. He left that one on a bus after a field trip but didn't tell me until the following week. I'm just so mad right now...

After doing a bit of cleaning I logged in to pay our bills and the billpay is down for "regularly scheduled maintenance". Who knows when that will be back up.

Then I decided to try on some capri's I bought yesterday. Neither pair fit, they both gap in the back about 3-4". It's so discouraging.

Okay, rant over, thanks for listening. Time to get back to the housecleaning, I know I can do that!

Whine away, Diana! That's what we are here for! ;) Hope your day got better!!!

Speaking of whining....I feel terrible. My head is so filled with snot it's not even funny! I can breathe believe it or not but my face hurts and I feel like I am in a complete fog. I also feel a wee bit achy like I might be running a fever so I'm taking my temp as I type this.....Yeah, slight fever. Nothin' to get excited about though. If I don't feel better in the morning I'll drag my butt to the doc since I have the day off. I can't take much more of this! :(

All of that being said, I haven't worked out today. I took 2 naps and have been pretty much useless all day. BLECH!

Oh man, I have deep sympathy for both of you!

Diana: Believe me, I feel your frustration. It's Sunday night and I'm counting down until school starts tomorrow. Argh. Tonight I made the kids a pizza for supper, from scratch, dough and all...apparently I started it a bit later than I should have and they were both hovering with "Mom, when are we gonna eat?" and so I rushed to get it together, and in my rushing as I was putting it in the oven the damn thing slipped right outta my hand and dumped all over the inside of my oven. :mad: OMG...it took all I had in me to calmly ask them to remove themselves from my kitchen! Yeah, I know it wasn't their fault, but oh, at the time....

Of course the oven is now covered in crap and started on fire and everything. I'll have to find time to clean that this week :rolleyes:

K, I'll quit whining now.

Wendy: You'd think they'd at least send you an acknowledgement that they received your email, geesh. I think you probably did the right thing re: the daycare, and if you're in a position where there's no urgency to find a job, then def hang out a bit, take your time and be choosy. Considering the commitment it is and sacrifices it requires, you owe it to yourself you'll like. Don't worry, the right one will come along.

So I got my workout done late this afternoon after a day of heavy housecleaning, which I haven't done in a looooong time :eek: I washed just about every floor in this house, cleaned up the basement a bit, did laundry and a bunch of other shtuff. Then finished it off with Burn Circuit 2. I feel accomplished :D

Off to watch the Celtics...huge game tonight. Will bbl or tmrw!!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.