Damage Control...Sunday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Peeps. :)

DS and I ended up having a crazy busy day y'day. Far busier then I had intended but it was fun so I'm happy we did it.
It started out with an 8 am trip to the food store (okay, not so fun but needed!LOL). I wanted to get there early to beat the weekend crowds. After we came home and I cleaned the old crap out of the fridge, unpacked the grocery bags and we ate something it was after 10am! Centergy starts at 10:30. OOPS. That wasn't gonna happen. :p
That being said we headed for the park. We were there for about an hour playing on the jungle gyms and riding Joey's new tricycle he had gotten for Christmas.
Once we got home from the park it was time for lunch and then a rest. No one slept unfortunately though. Before we knew it we were off to the boardwalk down the street from me to go on rides, play games and have ice cream. No, I did NOT have ice cream!!!! Only a single lick off my son's cone to "taste" it! We spent about 90 minutes to 2 hours there before coming home and changing and running out the door yet again!
This time we took the 10 min drive over to DH's cousin's house as he was having some family over for a bbq. DH met us there on his way home from the bowling tournament he was doing. I got there about 5:30 or so and we didn't leave until about 9:45 at night! All three of us were exhausted by then! It was a great day though!

The only thing is that I blew what was supposed to be a low cal day when I went to the bbq. I new that would happen. :rolleyes: I was good, only having one burger (no cheese) and some salad for dinner but then I had a few drinks and ALOT of kettlecorn (it was ADDICTING!:eek:). I wouldn't even think twice about it but today is a high cal day since I am going to my mom's for dinner. GRRR. I hate when life gets in the way. :p I was going to dispense with cardio today but I think it's back in the plan now along with Push 2. Not just intervals either. I'm gonna do straight cardio before or after the weights to try and burn off some y'day's crap.

OMG let me get this monster posted and I'll be back for personals. :D

Okay, I'm back.

Diana: Man your weather is nuttier then Jersey's these days! LOL We had temps in the mid to high 70's yday and by tmrw it's going to drop into the 40's but even that isn't as bad as what you are getting! :eek: So were you successful in getting your boys to help you with cleanmax y'day? What do you have planned for today? How's the food logging going?

Jen:
I would love to get the bread bag for DH's bread. I buy wheat for myself and DS and DH hates it so I buy him white. He doesn't go through it as quickly and if I neglect to get it in the freezer in time it goes moldy sometimes before even half the loaf has been eaten! What a waste! You are such a lucky duck going to the shore to hang for a few days! ENJOY!!!!

My work out is done. Push 2, half of Interval X+ and the 20 min TJ cardio work out. Needed to burn off some of last night's damage and make room for tonight's damaging dinner at my mom's house. :eek:

Good Morning Girls! Posting from my phone so I'll be quick. :)

Wendy, OMG what a day you had yesterday! Sounds like a blast, and with all that running around, I doubt you need to worry about cals. I'm Lol about the kettlecorn, because I nearly polished off a bag of it myself last night!! My neice bought it for me because it was "Jennie's Kettlecorn" so I kinda felt obligated ;) Two big glasse of Pinot Grigio with my sis, too, and cals were no on my mind. Will do better today :)

No formal workout today, but we already hit the beach for a long walk, and we're heading out for Shopmax soon.

Hello to all who follow! Will likely check in later.

Jen

WARNING ! I AM CATCHING UP SO THIS IS QUITE LONG !

Well Happy Sunday ladies - I am finally back to a "normal" schedule here !

Took me forever to catch up on all the posts for the last four days, actually about an hour :eek: but here I am and I'm all caught up:

I have been away for quite a while longer than I thought ! See that I never even posted on Thursday? Trying to catch up a bit here and other than Tues, should be back in the groove next week. Not a single workout since Wednesday – though yesterday I was working on the yard again, studied some for my class next weekend and decided I only have one more STS weight workout and next week is a “rest week”. Cardio week it will be for me.

Wendy – I was playing around a bit with the staggering and actually checked out the staggering idea that was on the link posted. It staggered pretty much daily. I did start logging my food yesterday and think I need to sit down and figure out some basic meals so I can work on the different levels of daily calories. I ballooned up another 3 lbs this week ! Pretty soon I’ll be back to my old high school chubby days if I don’t get this under control – the “fluff” is looking very obnoxious !

I got 3 KB DVD’s for Xmas and haven’t opened them either. I know I have Newport but not sure about Firepower. DH just ordered about everything on the site. We definitely need to do a KB rotation of some sort. I am thinking of full body workouts 3X a week and cardio at least 3X when STS is over. Sound tempting? What about 2 KB’s and a Cathe full body each week?

Idea for squat stands: sell some of your books on eBay ! Yesterday sounds like it was great – I know what you mean about busy and barely taking a breath, but when you are spending on fun things like you did it is definitely worth it ‘cuz life is just to short sometimes ! A little extra cardio should take care of the extra cals – you know you love it anyway ! Great job on getting your workout done already - enjoy your evening with Mom.

Diana – I tried to stay away from the scale but after seeing my buddha belly yesterday I couldn’t resist. Good thing ! I started logging and watching it yesterday just like you mentioned on Thurs. How is it going for you lately? ITA about Cardio Fushion all cardio mix – for me I think it is the high step that is the killer ! I am always drenched after that one too !

Sorry about the snow days you seem to be having. Guess our CA weather has finally arrived as it was nearly 80 y’day and will be warmer today. It feels so good to be out in less clothing and soaking up the Vitamin D. I know my body has missed that sun !

I think I’d call the FitDay customer service and demand a refund. Or can you give the info to your credit card company and have them refund it? At least you are getting more than you had and it seems to be beneficial. Are you going to stagger similar to Wendy?

Laura – thanks for the good thoughts on Friday – but that was one Friday I wasn’t my usually cheery “Happy Friday” kinda day. I left the house at 6AM and returned at 9PM – driving about 9 hours of it. Only good thing was being face to face with my co workers that I don’t see too often. But that is over with only a plane flight to San Diego on Tues and I’ll be done with the traveling for now.

How are the jeans fitting these days after all your Kicka$$ workouts lately? Are you jumping on the wagon like the rest of us? OMG about SIL and the deer. My dad did that once too and man oh man was he lucky all it did was damage the car ! So sorry she had a new car – hope the insurance company treats her right. Poor thing.

Know what you mean about the "white factor" - I can't believe it is almost the end of April and I've only had one day to enjoy some sunshine with less than long sleeves and jeans on ! :confused: Hope we get at least a few months of summer and don't get shorted due to the long winter.

Jen – my favorite thing to enjoy my wine but lighten up is to add some diet 7up and ice to make a wine cooler out of it. It is so quenching in the warmer weather too ! So did you give in to the enablers on the OD forum? I don’t go there too often either – I always find something that sounds good or has me jumping around to various websites checking out the latest workouts or fitness info. Then my day is shot to all h#!!. I am with you and Wendy on the MGD64’s. It is typically in my fridge – pretty much water with a little beer flavor and doesn’t up the alcohol macro too much. Great choice for summer weather too !

You are doing great with the workouts ! Are you keeping the DOMS away from the ab area so the doc doesn’t spank you? Well now that I am to the end of my “catch up” reading, I see you’ll be gone for a few days ! Hope you are having a grand ole time – sounds like a blast !

OK - off to get more weekend chores started in time to be able to enjoy our warm weather again. This just seems too good to be true ! We have another Sharks Stanley cup playoff game tonight and a buddy (restaurant manager we visit after the games) is being laid off cuz the owner is switching the restaurant from Italian to Mexican and laying off all the employees. Even the Mexican cooks in the back ! What an idiot ! So there is a "last night" party after the game. Will be a long night and I have a 7 AM meeting to attend - soon it will all be back to normal !:rolleyes:

Enjoy the day ladies - will probably pop back in later - don't want Wendy to have to post to herself all day ya know ! :p

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

I've had a busy day. I went downstairs to work out this morning and the floor was wet. We did have 11 inches of snow Thursday and its melted already with our 60 degree temps. The sump pump was full so I immediately went upstairs and notified DH. Thankfully he was able to get the pump working again and we are keeping a close eye on it.

Thankfully my w/o area was dry! I did have to move my db's since the floor was wet under them. I did SJP/SB 90 min cardio combo but only 80 minutes of it. My feet and knees were killing me by that point. I skipped the blast challenge but there is no way my feet could take it. I finished up with ab jam.

DS and I made a trip to the recycle center and then I went to our brand new King Soopers. Its supposedly the largest KS in the nation. Unfortunately, they don't have a recycling center. We return our cans for cash and let DS have it. I ended up making an extra trip and also stopped at kohl's and bought a new pair of cross trainers. I just bought a pair and have worn them a few time but they are too small. I bought them online and through out the packing materials so I can't return them. I'll probably give them to one of my nieces.

I've decided to do a 3 day juice fast to get rid of the bloating belly. I wish I would've started yesterday but I'll manage. The scale said I was down 1.5lbs and I'll take that any day. Tuesday will be a tough day because I'm going to an all day seminar in downtown Denver. I'll do the best I can.

Wendy-Nice job getting your w/o done! I so do not miss the days of my kids throwing everything they wanted in the basket or pitching a fit because I also said NO.

Jacque-the standard calorie staggering system is 3 low cal days followed by a maintenance calorie day and repeat. Here a site that might be helpful http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm. You can choose how low you want you low cal days to be by decreasing your mtn cals by 200-500 calories. I'm not sure I'm going to stagger right now, but I do want to track my calories better.

Jen-Hope you are having a nice retreat. It sounds like a wonderful time.

Diana

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.