Damage Control: Sunday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls!

I hope more of you come out to play today! :) I was around all day and all night minus my gym jaunt and a super quick trip to Old Navy before dinner and it was super duper quiet. (Thanks Diana for popping in so that I wasn't talking to myself ALL day long!:p) Today I have to head to my mom's around 3 so I won't have as much time to yap and as Murphy's law would have it, I am sure that you will all come out of the woodwork today for a party in my absence! :eek: LOL

Today's work out is Push Circuit 1 with either cardio intervals in it or a 20 minute ITread at the gym afterwards....Knees feel good again. :)

BBL!

hello ladies,

i popped in for a minute to see what's been going on in cathe land and i see the post of shaun T's new workouts coming soon!! OMG..now that is what i am talking about. i can't wait!!!

wendy- looks like you are doing awesome with CLX!! i stopped for a minute back to TT. but will pick back up after my cruise in april. by then i will be ready for INSANITY!!

hope all of the damage control ladies are doing well.

until next time,

Dee Dee

Ok Dee Dee...fess up...did you FINISH the CLX rotation?? Somehow I'll bet not! :p So how far did you get before you got turned on to something else? I am starting my 2nd week of Push and have no intention of stopping! :D:D:D

Okay, I'm off to the gym for the run and then I'll come back do my weights a little later. I usually like to do weights FIRST but with DH still in bed it's easier to take DS to the gym then to worry what's he is up to while I am locked away in another room doing a work out!

Toodles!

Hey girlies !

Never did my workout Fri evening - Bi's & Back so ended up getting it in y'day AM before we left for the baby shower and Sharks game. We were gone from 10:30 AM to 12:30 AM so didn't get to make it here to "play". Sorry 'bout that Wendy ! ;)

Lori - So so happy things are getting back to "normal" for you. Agree that workouts are a great to get rid of the extra stress & emotions. And nice to see you got some much needed sleep with DS in bed - less worries I'm sure when you subconsciously know he is right there with you. :D

Wendy - Congrats lady - sounds like a rest day helped - now the challenge, to do it every week ! :p Did you take your glucosamine today? Sure hope the legs start to "calm" down a bit since the nice weather is on it's way soon and I know you like outdoor runs. Another ? - do you ice your knees after they hurt and a day or two following? That could possibly help too ?

Hope your gym jaunt was successful - and the afternoon with Mom is a fun one !

Diana - I can't wait to let you be the "guinea pig" and test 6 days of cardio to see how it fares ! :rolleyes: I do think the added time I have spent is helping me - wonder what 6 days would do? I do worry about eating enough though with the weights we are lifting - that is why I hope the extra cardio works in combo with eating to fuel for the weight training. My appetite has been down a bit :confused: and I am just not sure which direction to go. Will try listening to my "hunger pangs" and see where it takes me. Making sure I eat the right things has been a bit of a temptation lately since DH is a junk food junkie ! :eek: He does eat what I fix him for dinner, but it is the roach coach at lunch and half a bag of chips when he gets home at 7 PM. That's why he like dinner so late. :(

Hey Dee Dee ! Good to see you are still hanging in and working out, though ADD style I guess ! Did you see a while back that Wendy was thinking of NROL4W? Want to go there again? :p

Laura - hey hey hey if you make it here today. I know you aren't a real weekend "Damage Control" kinda gal, but ya just never know !

Today will be CCPP for me. We'll see if I make it to the Extra Challenge ! :rolleyes:

By the way . . . the lifting hooks came in handy yesterday when doing 60 lb deadlifts. I did well holding 60 for the bentover row sets, but after the 1st set of deadlifts at the same weight the forearms and hand grips were tired. I made it through with flying colors, and actually think I could have kept going on the "TF" set but everyone else had stopped for a few reps so I did too. I know they weren't "cheating" like me so their forearms were probably hurting pretty bad. Felt good ! Definitely worth the $25 I paid for them to add an extra set or two with heavier weight.

I had a great workout day and met all but 1 of my 1RM's as printed. That gave me increases on nearly every exercise and I only struggled on 2 - was quite happy !
4_1_112.gif

BBL to check on everyone !

Hey Ladies,

Well this is my 2nd time to try and post. I've been having internect connectivity issues with my router. It's 10 yrs old and comcast provided it so I want them to replace it. Not having much luck so far.

I lazed in bed this morning and watched the last of my recordings. I finished making breakfast for DS and his friend that spent the night and got laundry started. It's almost time for my workout. It will be at least an hour of cardio today. I'm thinking of joining Jacque on CCPP on the EXT today.

My diet will be much better this week. Going back to my old stand by that will look something like this:
B-fiber one, prot powder, flax, almond milk, fruit
S-eggbeaters w/veggie (spinach, broccoli), 1/2 tomato, oatmeal
L-green salad w/can of tuna, fruit or yogurt
S-fruit and yogurt or fat free cottage cheese
D-protein & carb

Wendy-Did you find any great buys at Old Navy. I haven't had much luck lately at any stores. Glad the knee is feeling better, don't forget to take your glucosamine!! Yes, the legs do burn on the EXT!!! I was so winded doing PP on the treadmill. I must've been pushing myself too hard to begin with 'cuz I was beat after only 30 minutes or so.

Dee Dee-thanks for poppin' in. Wow, your'e going on a cruise-how exciting. Is this your first cruise?? Where are you sailing to?

Jacque-I just ordered the lifting hooks as my forearms were hurting so much during back and biceps. I won't have them for this weeks workouts but hopefully for next week. I did one hand over and one under grip for the deadlifts and that seemed to work okay. I used 35's for the squats and it was hard on the forearms so the hooks will come in handy. My body needs a lot of cardio so 6 days should do me good.

BBL

Hello Ladies.

So I did Itread 16/20 mins this morning and then hit the weights with Push Circuit 1 a couple hours later. I upped the weights on a few exercises where I had noted to try to go heavier and then even on one or two that I didn't! :eek: I was able to get through it all though I was crying for mommy through some of it, I admit! :p And YES ladies! I remembered to take the Glucosamine all on my own this morning! *patting self on back* :D

Diana: Old Navy had some of their fitness clothing on sale but ofcourse what I purchased was NOT on sale. :rolleyes: Your planned eats look good. How much cardio will you be doing each day? You will still lift 3 days per week with STS as well?

Jacque: I am bad about icing. I rarely do it. I forget to half the time but besides that, I never felt it really helped at all....I tended to think it made it worse! I swear the knee will stiffen up and feel worse after icing then it did before! :eek: Perhaps that is normal and just part of the process...?? :confused: Glad the hooks helped you. I am definately purchasing a set once DH is back to work on a steady basis. I think I will do okay with the 2 rest days. I am planning on taking one tmrw and I think I might actually be looking forward to it!?! :eek: LOL

Okay, we have to be outta here in 45 minutes and the little guy needs a bath first so I gotta jam!

BBL or in the morning!:)

wendy- yes, the ol' ADD has reared it's ugly head once again. but it's all good because me and dh are working out together on the weekend and he is not interested in CLX, lol

jacque- you hit it girl. i was doing CLX but stopped after a month to go back to my beloved TT's.

wendy- are you still thinking about NROLFW? if so let me know i was thinking about it upon my return from my vacation!

diana- hey lady!! no, this is not our first cruise. we love crusin'.. we are going to the bahamas and florida a 7 day cruise..woohoo!! i see you are loving STS. good for you!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.