Damage Control Sunday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls! :)

Lori isn't around (for unfortunate reasons-I hope Rylan will be OKAY!) so I think I can start this thread the "right" way w/o fear of a double post this morning! :p

SIL's house was fun stuff. I didn't overdo it in the eating dept and only had one slice of pie for dessert. I had 4 CABS though...a mixed drink who's name eludes me but it was yummy, a beer, a glass of wine and then another mixed drink. :eek: After that I watched the comedy duo (SIL and her cousin were drinking together and quite entertaining!) sitting across the table from me while I sobered up. :D I didn't get home until after 11pm.

Today's work out will be some kind of yoga and/or stretching routine. Tmrw I start PUSH!

I am feeling a phlegm ball beginning in my throat. I need to get my hands on some airborne PRONTO in hopes of stopping it in it's tracks! :eek:

So I was talking to...okay more like COMPLAINING to my SIL about my stubborn weight gain and how I can't seem to get rid of it. She suggested trying more circuit style work outs (meaning weights and cardio in one work out) and then cutting back to only 20 min cardios on other days. I am willing to try anything but not so sure I will have it in me to combine cardio spurts into the PUSH work outs and I sure don't wanna quit doing CLX at this point! Any thoughts??

Jacque: Thanks for keeping me company yesterday. You're the bestest! :D So what did the scale say to you this morning? I won't get on today after last night's cab-fest. :p

That's all for now.
BBL!

Morning Everyone !

Well still piddling around here but the first thing I noticed when I opened the Forums pages was the new STS Shock Cardio post - check out Ask Cathe for her new DVD series. Sounds fab to me so I have my preorder in already ! :p

I do believe I'll be doing something today - just not sure what I feel like so will figure it out once I hit the workout room. Guess sometimes it is fun to have a choice when there is no rotation to follow.

Wendy - try something like I did yesterday - it was a blast and I still have a fairly flat tummy even after the CAB's and antipasto yesterday ! :rolleyes: A couple of my fav Cathe circuits are Cardio & Weights and you know LIC works well. Trying to remember a few more, like Cardio Fusion has some weights from Body Max 2 ? maybe. Now that I am typing I guess I remember you don't have a TM or EXT? The blast premixes and then weight premixes would work. Is PUSH a 6 day rotation or can you fit your own cardio in there? Is SIL a trainer or just very experienced in fitness? I'll keep thinking about it and I'm sure the others will pipe in here - you'll figure something out.

What did you read about Lori's DS? I could not find anything on the OD forum?

And I haven't hit the scale yet . . . still debating ! BBL

Somehow I hit a key and lost my thread. I hate when that happens.

Anyway-Friday night Jerod and I went to the Denver Nuggets game. (Professional Basketball) It was the first time I've been to a nuggets game. We were there because my niece was cheering during the pre-game. The second half was pretty exciting and we won 116-105.

No workout to report for yesterday. I met an ex-coworker friend and a couple of coworkers for lunch yesterday. We had a great time. Then I ran some errands the rest of the afternoon. It was a nice day!

I need to workout today but have no idea what to do. I obviously need to do some cardio (as I'm eating chocolate chips right now). I also need to start working my legs at least twice per week. I'm thinking of doing meso 2 week one legs on Sunday and on Wednesday. My other thought is to do either plyo legs or one of the heavy leg training once per week.

My ankle and up the side of my leg is really hurting today. I wore sandals yesterday and that probably wasn't a good idea since it didn't provide much support for a twisted ankle. I have to be careful in choosing my w/o for today.

Lori-I hope Rylan is doing okay. When you have a chance please let us know how he is doing.

Wendy-Push only works one body part at a time. After each weight exercise you could do 1-2 of cardio (jacks, high knees, KB swings, etc.) This method would allow you to continue on with CLX. Just a suggestion.

Jacque-I didn't even see Cathe's post until after I read our thread. I'm definitely pre-ordering it too. I'm so looking forward to starting meso 2. I have all my worksheets all printed up. I should 3 hole punch them and get them all in a notebook. Right now that are all over the top of the entertainment center.

bbl

Hi Girls.

I just finished my work out. I ended up plugging in 90 seconds of cardio after most exercises. I wasn't sure I'd be able to do it but it worked out okay so I will continue doing this and see if it helps me at all. I really liked this Push work out. The combo of focusing completely on just one body part along with the lower rep count made me feel so strong because I was obviously able to lift so much heavier that way! :)

Diana: Glad you had fun with Jerod at the game. Thanks for the cardio suggestion. I read it after my work out but it's exactly what I did. I didn't think to do kettlebell swings though. Great idea! I'll try it with Push #2!:)

Jacque: My SIL is a trainer. CLX is written as a 5 day rotation but I've made it 6-7 day rotation cause I'm nutty like that! :p;):D Since what I did today worked out ok I will do that for each Push Circuit in addition to the other cardios I already do (which are all pretty short) and see what happens. If it doesn't help or seems to have a negative affect (too much cardio) then maybe I will stop doing Burn It Up for a couple of weeks and see if that helps. SOMETHING'S GOTTA GIVE!!!:eek:

Alrighty, well I promised DS some play-time outside before dinnerso I'd better shower up and get out there with him. I'll pop back in later if I have time but if not...Have a great Sunday all!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.