Damage Control...Sleepless on a Friday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hey Girls.

I've been outta bed since 4am. Couldn't sleep. ICK! :confused:

Playing today by ear as far as a work out goes. If I don't rest today I will rest tomorrow. I want to try and make the Centergy class tmrw morning though so it would be an active rest day if I decide to work out today. That's okay. I haven't taken one of them yet and I keep saying that I am going to! LOL

My inner thighs are still SCREAMING at me over here. I could barely change positions in bed last night with out grimacing. :eek:

Well, just wanted to get us started...

BBL!

I just ate an apple. I was STARVING since having my 2 cups of coffee and being up since 4am. Today is a low cal day. Gotta try and keep the hunger under control until at least 7am or I'm in trouble....:eek:

Good morning, Ladies!

Wendy, I commend you on your wine restraint! I had double that last night :eek: Still came in slightly under cals though, so the damage might not be too bad, but I think I'll have to search out something else to substitute for my nightly wine while I'm counting. It's kind of calorie dense when one can't hold oneself to 4.5 ounces.

I hear you on the "working out from a book" issue. It really can get boring! It'd be different if I was going to a gym with a workout partner or something, because that'd create the distraction...but when you do it by yourself at home...***YAWN***

So, what book are you reading? I just started New England White by Stephen Carter. I'm only about 100 pages into it but it's very good. (I made a New Year's Resolution to read more this year. It's something I love to do but always let it fall by the wayside when life gets hectic.)

Haven't decided on a workout yet! The weather looks cooperative, so I'll likely hit the road for a run, unless I get ULTRA brave (or stupid?;)) and pull out Power Hour again. We'll see...BBL to report ~

Jen

OMG...I have to stop reading the OD forum! Every time I open it up, somebody has posted about some cool new fitness gadget. And I always want it!! This place is going to make me broke!

Off to hide my credit card....:rolleyes:

Jen,

Move to Jersey and we can do NROL together! ;) I have another book program that I eventually want to try one day in addition to getting back to Afterburn. I am so bad...I just collect all of this stuff and it takes forever for me to get around to using some of it! I bought Newport and Firepower right before I got CLX and haven't even opened the wrapping yet! :eek:

I guess the fact that you had 2 glasses of vino last night answers my question as to wether or not you can drink these days. LOL I can limit my wine intake simply because it goes to my head INSTANTLY so that little bit can be enough for me. LOL Yes, it is very calorie dense. I almost fell over when I discovered how many cals are in it! :eek: I could have TWO MGD 64s for the calories in a glass of wine!!!! Ofcourse, the beer doesn't taste nearly as good but I guess it's a trade off. :p

I am reading the first in a series. It's called The Stephanie Plum series and the book is entitled "One for the Money". It's a good book so far. It's a mystery. Never read a mystery before so this is a first for me. I finished Marley and Me a week or so ago. I sobbed at the end of that book! I was never a big reader but have been getting into it in spurts over the past couple of years. I have several books which I never finished. I just lost interest in them as well as many that I successfully read from cover to cover. I need to go to a used book store and sell the ones I am done with. I can't see throwing them out. I bought them all BRAND NEW!

Good luck with whatever work out you decide on today!!!

OMG...I have to stop reading the OD forum! Every time I open it up, somebody has posted about some cool new fitness gadget. And I always want it!! This place is going to make me broke!

Off to hide my credit card....:rolleyes:

LOL! I know the feeling! What do you want now?

I want Cathe's new stand but I have no room for something like that in my house. :( I AM going to investigate squat stands though. If they are the ones that are 2 separate units (Takes up less space) then I might be able to swing it. I think I will wait until I decide to take the STS plunge though. That is when they'll really come in handy! :D

Wendy, I think you and I were cut from the same mold :) I have a million books lying around that I started and never finished, but I hold onto them with the intention of getting back to finish :rolleyes: Same story with the workouts...STS is still in the box in my closet, 4DS I used once or twice before I got sick, never even opened Muscle Endurance, and who knows what else! I certainly don't need to purchase anything new to keep things fresh as I have plenty, but does that stop me? Nooooooo.

My mom and DD both read Marley and Me and encouraged me to read it. I tried picking it up back in December after the first op while I was home recovering, and you know what? I couldn't read it because I knew I'd end up heartbroken at the end. Couldn't do it to myself at that time. But, it's in the "need to finish" pile ;)

You read my mind on the MGD 64s. I'll probably grab some today.

P.S. I'm kind of taken by that adjustable kettlebell. And the Go Wear Fit. I'm not doing it though! Re: the squat stands...I bought the Valor two piece unit like you're talking about. It was about $150.00 and worth it's weight in gold. (Especially during NROL4W.) It still takes up some space, but definitely not as much as the one piece units.

Last edited:
Thanks for the squat stand enable SIX MONTHS EARLIER then I intended! :D:p

Crap! My DH is laid off so I can't buy 'em right now. My B'day is at the end of the month but I'm thinking that's too much to shell out right now considering the circumstances. We are doing surprisingly well financially but I don't want to take any chances either....Hmmmm...what's a girl to do?? Any ideas? :p

Hmmm, I'll have to think on that one! The good thing, though, is that the price of those seems to stay consistent...it's not like you'll miss out on a deal if you wait. However, if you decided where you're going to order them from, you might be able to drop hints about gift certs. to those who will be wondering what to get you for your b-day ;)

Hi Ladies,

Wow, you two have been chit chatting for a while now! The weather here is unpredictable. We could get 1-2 feet of snow or it could just be rain/snow mix. I guess the whole weather system is dependent on the temperature. If the temp is lower we'll get the big snow, if not, then we'll just get the rain snow mix. It's snowing pretty good here now but it's not sticking yet. Fortunately for me, I'm working from home today!

I'm in the same boat as you two. I have plenty of workouts to keep me busy but sometimes its overload. Trying to pick a rotation and follow it to the end is sometimes hard.

I downloaded the new fitdaypcV2 last night. It was $29.95 It specifically said I could sync my fitday.com acct to my fitdaypc acct. "And with the FitDay v2, you can download all of your online data onto your desktop version!" Well it doesn't work that way. When I tried to sync, the message indicated you need to be a premium member to sync. Premium membership is $65 for one year.

Today is my last w/o in meso 2, back and biceps. I'll probably do it at lunch today. I might try to get some cardio in also.

Wendy-sorry you were up so early today. I would be quite bi***y if I was up that early. What w/o did you do that has your legs screaming?

Jen-It sounds like you are starting to get back to your old self;) As an alternative, you could try muscle endurance. It's another endurance w/o like Power Hour but not quite as intense IMO.

Time for me to get to work. BBL

Flyin' by to say that Power Hour is done. It doesn't hurt quite as much as last time...but who knows, I may be singin' a different tune tomorrow. I figure I'll probably be taking a walk later on this afternoon with the kids. They both want to start running, so maybe we'll give that a shot today.

Diana, sorry to hear you were kind of taken by the Fitday people! :mad: That'd totally tick me off. And so would your weather! Ugh...that's the pits. Hope you have a great workout to brighten up your day.

Off to shower.

BBL~

Jen

P.S. Wow, page 2 and it's not even noon yet! :)

Hello ladies .. another hectic drive by .. my office area is almost done .. :D.. BUT we are having puter problems so work is touch and go .. I am gonna be moving a few things .. but my files are not in yet .. aahhhh ... I am ready to get in my new digs!!! :)

SIL hit a deer this morning .. she is so upset ... luckily her nor my DN was hurt .. but it tore up her car .. mangled the front .. she said she has not cried this hard in a loooong time .. her car is a new maxima not even a year old .. I know she is sick .. stupid stupid deer!!:mad: and bless her heart she has been running wild trying to get ready for the fundraiser tommorrow .. and stressed b/c she is nervous .. I just feel for her!!! I was gonna take her class and help out .. but she told me she would be MORE nervous if I were in there ... since she is doing my choreography .. she says she doesnt want me to know it if she screws it up .. poor thing .. I totally understand .. so I am gonna arrive just before my class as to not freak her out!! I have gotten more people to sign up .. although some I am BRIBING to come .. :confused: .,. pitiful!!!

Wendy ... I am like you and Jen but w/fitness gadgets and DVDs .. I will try anything if it looks decent .. have my Reebok slide and DVDs - my core board and DVDs - my exercise bike - my stairmaster - and my multistation workout machine all laying stationary .. not to mention the DVDs .. OY ... some still in the plastic wrap!!:confused::eek:

Jen .. you sound stronger everyday!!! I joined you and Wendy in the CABS last night I knew I would not be able to indulge tonight (well maybe one ;)) :p .. ITA about the boards .. I SO WANT THE pushup tower!!!:confused::)

Di .. gggrrrrr aobut the online sync mess up .. man that would tick me off .. I would have to see about getting my money back :mad:

Jacque .. hope today is treating you well ..

OK .. I am off for lunch .. errands and I am hitting the tanning bed (gasp) .. have not tanned in a tanning bed in YEARS .. we usually have made several trips to the beach by now and I am stark white .. :eek: ... only gonna get a base then quit .. I have on two coats of sunless tan as we speak and barely have a hint of color :mad: .. ok .. gotta run .. have agreat one!:D

Oh crap! I slept for like an hour and a half after work today! I am sitting here with coffee trying to wake up now. Napping for more then 20 mins puts me into a fog. DH took DS out bowling so I'd like to take advantage of the time to exercise (even though my legs are still hurting) but I need to wake up a bit more so I don't kill myself in the process! :p

Laura: Getting new office space is exciting. I remember when my job at the bank moved to a different city. I was excited about the new cube I was getting. At a job prior to that they redesigned the cubes so it was like a new space as well. So exciting! Heck, ya gotta find SOME kind of joy in your job, right? :D So sorry about SIL hitting the dear. My BF hit a dear once on the highway. Scared the crap outta her! A friend of her X's once hit a deer (a buck) and it ended up coming thru the windshield and impaling him with it's antler! :eek: He had a collapsed lung but was VERY lucky and ended up being okay.

Jen: Heheh...I can't wait to hear from you tmrw morning once that DOMS sets in! *insert evil grin here* :D Thanks for the tips on the stands. That's a good idea...perhaps I will ask for a giftcard to put towards stands. Where did you buy yours? I am wondering if I should scope out my local Modells and Sports Authority first. I think DH has a connection for a discount at SA and I want to see how big this kind of thing is anyway before I commit to it.

Diana: So sorry that FitDay misguided you. That's rotten! What are you going to do now? Will you write to them and complain? Perhaps a squeaky wheel will get some oil. It's worth a shot IMO! So what do you get for the money you paid? The work out that gave me such intense DOMS in my legs is Push 1 with KB swings inserted for cardio. YEOWCH! I was originally going to try this as a low impact option for Burn Intervals but I just couldn't wait and did it the other day. OH.MY.GAWD. !!!!!! :eek: LOL

Alrighty, time to grab a small snack and see what I can do about getting my arse in gear for a work out...I wanted to do a little cardio first in order to loosen up the legs before doing Push 2. The cardio sounds doable and maybe it'll pump me up for Push. If not, I may leave it at that (just cardio and abs perhaps) and do Push 2 on Sunday. No biggie...I'm learnin' to roll a bit easier these days. :)

Off I go...wish me luck!!!!

Hey ladies,

I just finished Back & Biceps. Now I have a whole week to devote to cardio--YIPPEEE!!!! I have some early meetings but should be able to get to the rec ctr for some cardio, or even maybe run if the weather is nice enough.

I think I'm going to put in a movie and get on the EXT for an hour. I should finish just in time to pick DS up from school.

Wendy-Nice job inserting the KB swings. They sure are effective. I already had fitday pc which I think I paid $20 for. Its on your pc so you don't have to connect to the internet to use it and it has more options than fitday.com. The screen indicates fitdaypc V2 provides sync capablity which I wanted. Apparently you also have to have a Premium fitday acct ($65) to use the synch function. It did automatically pick up everything in my fitdaypc V1 but I'm still not very happy about it.

Laura-How scary for SIL. I hope SIL and DN are okay. Although it sounds like she's physically fine, an accident is very traumatic.

Jen-you will definitely feel the effects of power hour tomorrow!!

bbl

Hi Girls.

I just finished my work out. I did TJ Cardio Party and Ab Burner. I'm letting Push 2 go until Sunday. Tmrw I am hoping to make it to Centergy class and call it an active rest day. :) I hope the legs feel better by Sunday! :eek:

Diana: Have fun with the cardio. I hope it sparks some changes for ya! So have you started logging your food then? Are you calorie staggering or just tracking to get a feel for your cals and macros right now?

Gotta jump in the shower and think about what to do/make for dinner.

TGIF!

BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.