Damage Control September :)

rmrmr

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

Saturday I did a mud run, pics are on FB. It was fun and not very difficult. It was all women and supported cancer. Yesterday I ran 5 miles and then did STS disc 6-Legs. Surprisingly, my legs aren't as sore as I was expecting. This morning I did STS Disc 7-CSB and BR day 3. Let me just say, STS was pushup hell and then BR also had a ton of pushups. I'm beat!

Last night DH, MIL and I went to a new steakhouse for my bday dinner. It was delicious. I had spinach feta chicken that was heavenly. A side salad and baked sweet potato. They also brought me ice cream as a bday treat. The baked sweet potato put me way over on my carbs, but it's a special occasion...lets be honest, the ice cream didn't help with the calories either!

I've been craving chocolate chip cookies so will be making those tonight. I'm also ordering a bike computer/cadence sensor, my gift from DH & the boys.

Time to mow the lawn then head to the grocery store...then laundry.

bbl to see how everyone is spending the long weekend.

Hello Ladies. :)

Today's work out was 32 rounds of 30 sec work and 30 sec rest. I mixed and matched the following exercises:: KB Swings (one hand, alt hand & and 2 hand), Myagis (single and alt), Kneeling Slide Reaches (Single and Alt), KB Pick Ups (1 hand/1 kb and 2 hand/2 kb), Plank to Push Ups, 1 arm DB Speed Squats & Burpees. Good work out!

Di:: STS and BR back to back!? :eek: Better you then me, lady!:p Glad you enjoyed your B'day dinner. Gotta indulge once in a while. You've been doing so well that you definitely deserved it! So the mud run was easy ey? Do they have Spartans near you? If so, you should try a sprint! :)

Happy Labor Day!

BBL!:cool:

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend! This morning I did BR day 4. I'm scheduling a meeting with my trainer to go over the Project Me program. I'm happy to share the details once I have them. I'm guessing it will be very nutrition focused since this is what they really push at this new gym. They are also big into Herbal Life products.

Wendy-it was a tough combo doing STS & BR back to back, but I'm a Cathlete!!! This particular mud run was not as difficult as the previous one I did. They do have the Spartan race here, I'll probably cave one of these times.

Tina-For my bday I ordered the garmin 510 bike computer/cadence sensor. I'll have to try it out this next weekend and see how it works!

Hi Jacque, LL, Laura....Happy back to work day!

Tue that is MON .. ugh

still INSANE here .. we are SO BUSY .. so will make this quick note .. NO EXERCISE to report .. NONE ... SAT was gameday .. WE WON ..> WHOOHOOO ... SUN was house cleaning day .. and YSTDY was a ME day .. then today it is back to reality H### ... we are STILL shorthanded .. my friend/co-worker still has not returned to work .. ??? ... IDK ... ??

Today: planning on either doing T-25 cardio .. or Z-WOW 1000 rep workout :confused: whatever I do is going to kick my butt .. LOL!!

Di - congrats on the mud run .. the pic on FB .. you look awesome .. can see your weightloss .. WTG! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY .. sorry I missed it ...

Wendy - loved the picture of your furbaby sleeping .. SO SWEET!!! check out the workout posted on my FB page .. I dont have any stairs or i would be doing that challenge ...

hello to everyone that follow .. cant believe it is SEPTEMBER already ..taking forever to type this .. gotta run... have a great one ..

Hey Ladies!:)

No work out for today but tmrw it's on!;)

I am sooo sore today! OMG! :eek:

Today I worked the new place from 9am to 1pm and now tonight I work at the studio from 6pm to 8pm - first day working my new a.m./p.m. schedule!

I am off from the gym tmrw and DS starts school. I am hoping to drop him at school and go to the gym to run. Going to be too hot around here this week to run outside. Fingers crossed that I don't get lazy about going there!:p

BBL for personals!:cool:

Hi Ladies,

This morning was Disc 8-Back & Triceps. My triceps are so sore. Yesterday's BR w/o had a ton of tricep pushups. I've been incorporating the BR Squat Challenge when I can fit it in.

I have a meeting with my coach tomorrow night at 6pm to go over the project me program. I hope it's not too expensive that I can't afford it. I know it focuses a lot on nutrition which is really where I need the most help.

Wendy-I know your house is up for sale. Have you done any house hunting yet? It's tough to balance selling and buying, all the stars have to align. Hope you are able to find what you want. My problem is what I want is out of my budget. How did your split schedule work out yesterday?

Laura-HUGS, hope things settle down for you soon. Thanks for the nice comments on my pic, it's been a lot of hard work....really just putting down the fork which is quite difficult for me.

bbl to see what everyone else is up to.

Hi Girls.

Today's work out was 12 hill sprints followed by a 30 min steady state run at the park.

Di:: We had our agent show us one house. Other then that we've been combing the open houses on our own. Probably won't ask the agent to show us anything else until our house is under contract. Not worth it. My schedule y'day was fine except that I lost track of time and as I was sitting down to eat dinner I realized that I should have left for work already! :eek: Needless to say that dinner got thrown in the fridge only to be eaten at 9pm that night. :rolleyes: Today I lucked out - not only am I off from the gym every Wednesday but tonight a stroke of luck has me off from the studio as well. It's like another vacation!:p I hope the Project Me program is in your budget since you obviously really want to do it but WW seems to working wonderfully for you so I am wondering why you don't just stick with it? I figure that you are you going to quit WW if/when you start Project Me or are the programs set up to complement one another?

I tried to post this morning, but I kept getting an error message. This long weekend was a total of 140 miles and yesterday and today I did STS Meso 3, week 3. Only one more week of STS left. I think after my upcoming rest week, my rotation will be one week of circuits alternating with one week of heavy weights. I'm itching to get back to Burn Sets and Gym Styles. :)

Diana, happy belated birthday to you! You're going to love your Garmin! You can download all of your info from your Garmin to a Strava account for free. Strava will give you your standings on all of your road segments. My favorite feature is the cadence meter, I watch that like a hawk! How is the new job working out? Have you started working from home a few days a week?

Wendy, did I hear you talking about burying a statue in your yard for better luck selling your house? I was listening to a Podcast this weekend and they brought up this same idea, only for it to work, the statue must be buried upside down or it won't work. I can't remember the Saint it's supposed to be, but that's my tidbit of "things I've learned from my iPod". :p

Hi to everyone! :)

Good Morning Ladies,

Today will likely be a rest day. My legs are still very sore and unless I get a wild hair and work out this morning, I probably won't have time to. I am working 9am-1pm and 4pm-8pm.

Tina:: Yes, we bought the statue of St. Joseph. My husband buried it over the weekend. I never asked him if he buried it upside down though. I must do that! Which STS rotation are you doing - the short one or the long one?

This morning was 40/20. I plan on a bike ride tonight, but just in case it gets too busy, I've got some form of workout under my belt.

Wendy, I've never done the longer STS rotation. You've got me considering it. I think this is either my sixth or seventh time through, maybe I should just keep going, where I'm so close to the end. What's two more months? I have two weeks to think about it. Don't you get exercise in while training on your job? You must burn some massive calories! :eek:

Off to do biology, algebra 2, Spanish, American history, walk two miles, and read Flowers for Algernon. Thank goodness DS is doing flight training videos on his own first thing in the morning (that's my me time). Have a great day! :)

Hi Ladies,

This morning was BR day 5. It was cardio/abs for 44 minutes. Not a big calorie burner but definitely worked the abs good. This would be more like an active rest day.

My great niece had her baby yesterday at only 26 weeks, things are not good. Her baby girl-Annabel only weighs 1lb 12 ounces. Please pray for her.

Tina-your long rides are so amazing! I'm looking forward to trying out my new bike computer this weekend. I think it should arrive tomorrow!

Wendy-Hill Sprints...fun fun fun!!! I love them and running stairs. I may not be great at them, but they definitely work me in all the right places! I hope you find something you love. I haven't been tracking in WW and have missed the last 2 weeks meetings because I can't get there in time. I'll be cancelling my WW membership but have been tracking in myfitness pal for the last 5 weeks I think, since I started at the new gym. I'll keep you updated on what my coach tells me tonight.

Gotta run to a meeting...bbl

Hi Girls.:)

No work out for me today. Busy day!!! I worked from 9am-1:30pm at the gym this morning and I was constantly busy! I was filling in at the desk for the first half hour I was there, then I walked the floor a bit and then I had 3 back to back fitness orientations to do with new members. When they were done I ran around trying to clean up the best I could before I left. I'm exhausted already:rolleyes: (no time for a nap!:p) and now I have to work from 4pm-8pm tonight at the studio! :eek:

Di:: I love a good core/ab work out! Let me know if you are sore tmrw! Oh so I guess WW isn't working for you now with the job switch, huh? Well hopefully Project Me fits the bill for you! Keep us posted.

Tina:: I did only one STS rotation and it was the long one! I got great results as long as I was on spot with my eating. Very easy for me to eat too much during that rotation and that spelled big trouble for my body! :eek: Wow you've done STS so many times! I envy your ability to keep repeating it! I am so horrible at doing any rotation more then once! I'm horrible at sticking with a rotation AT ALL most of the time!:rolleyes: PT is definitely not a couch potato job which is nice. I was so over sitting at a desk all day long. I don't teach classes (yet) so my exercise at work comes from walking around, cleaning up the floor, walking up and down the stairs and demonstration of exercises. I did teach classes for a short time at a previous job. That would require me to do more of the exercises with the class but still not all of the time since I'm not a choreography girl. When I run a class/group I do it drill style so I demonstrate and then observe and correct the rest of the time.

Hi Ladies,

This morning was Disc 9-Legs. Only 3 more discs to finish up Meso 1. Looking forward to Meso 2....my favorite of the 3 mesocycles. After I finish up those 3 discs I'll be doing a week of the BR challenge and Cathe cardio.

After talking to my coach about project me, I've decided to do another challenge at the gym instead. It's a 10 week Men Vs. Women weight loss challenge. I'm going to try to bribe Jerod into doing it with me. Again, they focus a lot on nutrition and I can still do my own w/o's at home and Jerod can go to his gym for his w/o's. That one starts on September 15th, right after my weigh in for the 6 week challenge. I haven't really lost but maybe a few lbs, but my body comp should be improved.

A package was delivered yesterday but I didn't have a chance to open it last night. For sure this weekend I hope to get it on my bike and try it out.

Wendy-sounds like a busy day for sure.

Hi to Jacque, Laura, and Tina! TGIF!!!

Today was a much easier day work wise. 9-1, nothing crazy and I don't work Friday night thank goodness! :)

Well tmrw is race day! *GULP* :eek:

I have been hemming and hawing over doing some type of work out today and part of me wants to but I think maybe I'll play it safe and call it a rest day. I'll get a WEEK's worth of exercise in tmrw! :p

Good luck with the new challenge you are joing, Di. So was Project Me cost prohibitive or did this challenge just sound like it suited you better?

Hi ladies,

This morning I went to the new gym for the Sunday Fun Day class. Then I did Disc 11-B & T when I got. I added on the next day squat challenge and my ab machine w/20#'s. My bike computer is charging and DH said he would put the cadence sensor and computer attachment on my bike for me. I probably won't be riding today though, the Bronco game etc.

My weight is up a tad, time to reign in the diet before the weigh in on Saturday morning. One more disc to finish up meso 1 then I'll be doing circuits this week.

Wendy-how did you do in the Spartan race??? Project me isn't really cost prohibitive, but it does take a lot of time. Not only tracking your food-which I'm doing already, but checking in with your coach throughout the week. I also don't think my coach is project me coach. He is the owner of the gym, project me is a separate program that contracts with his gym if that makes sense.

bbl to see how everyone else spent their weekend!

Good Morning Ladies,

Thanks for starting the new month Diana! :)

So anyway, THE RACE! The first half seemed too easy but the 2nd half was brutal! We didn't rush so the course took us 4 hrs and 45 mins to get through. It was probably 8.5-9 miles long. If we had picked up the pace where it was safe to do so, we could have finished sooner but we weren't worried about time. There was a thunderstorm looming and threatening the race but it never actually hit the area. It was nearby enough to cause concern for a short time but passed quickly thank goodness. I am sore (ub especially) and my heels hurt because I have broken blisters on them but other then that I am ok! Not feeling nearly as beat up as I did after the one we did in May and this race was twice as long! :eek:

Other then the race I have no workouts to report but hopefully I will get something done later today!

New job is going well. I really like it so far. :) I'll like it even more though when I start picking up some PT clients!;)

Phew, last week was a blur. Back to the grind of work, school, workouts and substandard house upkeep. I snapped a chain in half on my Thursday night bike ride. The chain was only three weeks old and the guys at the bike shop felt so bad (faulty chain) that they went through my bike and replaced my brakes, lubed my pedals, and upgraded my chain. My bike rides like new again. :) I finally made 3000 miles for the year. I'd like to get another 500 in before winter sets in. This morning I'm starting the last week of STS. I'm still on the fence about doing the 5.5 month rotation. I'll decide on my rest week.

Wendy, great job on your Spartan race! That sounds torturous! :eek:

Diana, I can't wait to hear how you like your new Garmin. It took us a few rides to get ours squared away. I like how you can customize what readouts you can have on the main screen. I really don't need to know what my elevation is during ride time, I can look at that when I get home. I have mine set to current speed, distance, and mileage. I didn't care for the flipping screens, so I changed mine to one screen only.

Hi to everyone, I hope you have a great day. :)

Good Morning Ladies,

Let me just say that 5am came pretty early today! This morning was disc 12-legs. Meso 1 is DONE!!! I'm sufficiently fried all over. My legs are sore from class yesterday, squat challenge and legs today. My UB is also fried from STS on Sat and Sun. The next 4 days will be BR circuits. My weigh in for the 6 week challenge is on Saturday morning. I hope to start Meso 2 on Sunday.

I bribed DS into doing the Men Vs Women 10 week weight loss challenge. I will pay him $10 per pound lost. I would be happy if he would just do some cardio each week. This challenge starts on September 15th. They will use my ending 6wk stats as my beginning 10 week stats. My goal is to get down to my WW goal which is about 5-7lbs away on any given day.

Baby Belle is doing so amazing. She's off the ventilator, (still on oxygen) but is breathing on her own. She has a long way to go so please keep her in your prayers.

Tina-glad you could pop-in! My bike computer is not on my bike yet. DH will take care of it this week some time. Hope you weren't too far from home when your chain snapped. At least the bike shop made up for it. The garmin bike computer is similar to my 305 that I use for running and/or biking. I don't think I will need 2 screens either. We'll see though after I start using it. We can pretty much ride in the winter as long as it's not too cold or we don't have icey or snowy roads.

Wendy-sounds like you did great in the Spartan race! I need to look for some short but fun races to do this fall. I'm opting out of the October Rock N Roll HM since I just am not fitting in the necessary training.

bbl

Hi Girls!

Today is my Friday! Woot!:)

Yesterday's work out was 4 rounds of Lunges, Swings, KB Pick Ups and Weighted Speed Squats.

Today's work out is YTBD but whatever it is, I'm doing it this morning BEFORE work! This will be my first early a.m. work out since quitting the law firm I think! :eek: Wish me luck!:rolleyes:

Di:: Happy to hear that the baby is doing better! Fingers crossed that the improvements continue! LOL - bribing your son to do the challenge with you. Hey, whatever works right? ;) Congrats on completing Meso 1! Great job! I always think about giving STS a shot again now that I am subscribed to Cathe on Demand but considering how little I've used the service, I've also considered canceling it. What to do?!:confused: I would love to run an HM again some day but I'd have to get consistent with my running and really train in order to do it. Not sure that will happen. *sigh*

Ok, off I go!

ETA:: Just finished my work out (7:10am). I did 4 rounds of Plank to Push Up, 2 Arm Swing, Squat Curl Press R, Running Mountain Climbers (on discs), Squat Curl Press L. 30 seconds of work and 15 seconds of rest. It was short but NOT easy! WOW! :D

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.