Damage Control...Saturdays are the bestest! :)

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hey Girlies. :D

Gotta love it. I was awake before 6am this morning. No sleeping in for me I guess. I have been officially programmed to get up early all the time now. UGH. :rolleyes:

My goal is to make Centergy class this morning, though I could fail miserably for any number of reasons....LOL

I also plan on a food shopping trip and a trip to the park. DH is gone all day long at a bowling tourny in Philly. He left at 6am and won't be home until tonight so it's just me and DS today. Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing!? :p LOL

My legs are still sore. This is CRAZY! :eek:

Hope everyone is well...I'll pop back in soon to see if anyone is around.

Later Babes!

Good Morning ladies!!

Wendy, I was up before the sun this morning as well (4 a.m.), but I did manage to go back to bed for an hour after I read for a while. I was SOOOO hungry that I made myself go back to bed so I wouldn't start eating that early. Believe it or not, DOMS aren't so bad this morning.
In fact, I think the workout may have helped to work some of them out.

So how do you like grocery shopping with DS? Is he at an age where he asks for his own stuff? I always dreaded going shopping with the kids and avoided it at all costs. I could never concentrate while saying NO all the time :rolleyes:

Laura, so sorry to hear about SIL and DN in their accident! That's awful scary :( I hope they're on the mend and driving safely.

I'm going to try to get some cardio in today, just not sure what...likely running. Will BBL to report~

Jen

Jen,

I hear ya on the hunger! When I woke up at 4 the other morning I wanted to eat a house by 5am! :eek:

Glad the DOMS isn't bad for ya today. My legs are still complainin' but it's not as bad as it was unless I sit or lie still for a while then OUCHEES until they loosen up again!

Grocery shopping with DS? Um...not a fan! LOL I do it when I have to but if I can avoid it, I will!!! Yes, he asks for all kinds of stuff. Today he asked for fruit roll ups (not on a bet, kid! Is that mean?), tons of expensive cereal (I made him pick one that was on sale!), Goldfish crackers (I actually bought them), cookies and m&m's. There is probably more that I am forgetting about! :p

So I bought those Debbie Meyer Green Bags that I see everywhere I go. There was a thread on them in the O/D a while back and they got good reviews so I figured I'd give them a try. I buy a good amount of fresh veggies for salads as well as fruits and no matter how quickly we eat them it seems SOMETHING is always being thrown away cause it's going bad. I hope they work!

So I finished my book last night. Ready to start the 2nd in the series tonight! It was a pretty exciting read though there is one part of the story line that really bothered me. One of the bad guys was a rapist who liked to mutilate/torture his victims. Every time it came up in the book I got freaked out and a little sick to my stomach. :eek: Keep in mind though that I am a HUGE weenie when it comes to most violence so what bothers me may not bother a "normal" person. :D

Centergy isn't happening today. By the time I got back from food shopping and cleaned out the crap in the fridge and loaded it up with the new stuff, I was starving! I just finished eating and class starts in 10 mins. I don't think I'll make it! :p No big deal. I kinda had a feeling it wouldn't happen anyway...

Gotta go. Promised Joey I'd take him to the park and I'd like to leave soon to try to avoid the crowds which I'm thinking may be there in the afternoon!

BBL!

Good Morning Ladies,

Jen and Wendy were up early today. Actually, I was up before 7am which is very unusual on a weekend for me.

We got 11" of snow yesterday! Today it is raining/snowing so it will probably just be a slushy mess in a bit. We could get a couple more inches of snow today but it won't last long. The temps are supposed to be in the low 70's next week.

Since we are stuck inside today, I will get the kids to help me with cleanmax. We've really been slacking in that dept and the house needs a thorough cleaning. I'm sure they won't be happy about but at least it will be done.

I plan on doing a long cardio today either CF mix & max or SJP/SB 90 min cardio sweatfest. I'm a little worried about the next meso cycle-I don't want to gain anymore weight.

Wendy-It alway cost so much more when I had to take the kids grocery shopping with me. Now I just try to bring one along to help out. Mostly, they don't want to come grocery shopping with me anymore. Fitday has me calculated at almost the same cals as annecollins. I think to start I just try to stay within my calorie range, then next week I'll start staggering.

Jen-Is it nice enough for you to run outside, or will it be inside on the TM? Whatever it is, hope you have a great w/o!

bbl

Diana, it was cloudy and a bit breezy today but warm. I actually went out for a light walk/run with DD (10). It was fun and she did really well. I can't believe you are dealing with that much snow in mid-April!! I think I'd shoot myself :eek: Hope you get lots of help with Cleanmax today. Planning on doing a bit of that myself. Enjoy your workout! It sounds like you've got a killer one planned.

Wendy, you'll have to let us know how you like those bags. I've heard good things about those and have thought of getting them myself. I'm notorious for letting things like baby spinach and lettuce go bad, usually because I overbuy. I think she has some specifically for bread now, too. I would have the same reaction as you do to that sort of story line, and I seem to get more squeamish the older I get. I have to admit that I don't even watch the news much anymore for that very reason. :(

And what is UP with the price of cereal? I mean seriously, I don't get it! Most of it is crap anyway, and then they charge an arm and a leg for it? That's not to say I don't buy it, but it is to say that it infuriates me to have to. DS likes the Quaker Toasted Oatmeal Squares, and the grocery store gets like $4.50 for a box! I've taken to shopping more at the WalMart Superstore for that very reason, because I can get a larger box for over a buck and a half less. (Okay, rant over :D)

Well, I guess I've avoided my housework long enough. I'll BBL to see who's popped in.

Jen

Just made some very impromptu plans to take off for a few days and head to my family's condo at the beach. It's supposed to be decent weather for the next couple days. Cool, but SUNNY!!! :D My sis and my nephew are coming along with us, and we're leaving in a couple of hours. I'll be home Tuesday or Wednesday.

Bringin' my runnin' shoes. I'll try to check in from my phone while I'm there. Hope everyone has a great week :cool:

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.