Damage Control...Saturday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Morning Girls.

I feel like I'm doin' lots of talkin' to myself lately. VERY quiet around here. It's been an oddly long time for Jacque to be gone w/o even a quick check in. I hope all is well and that she is just busy. Even chatty Lori hasn't been on as much!:p

This morning my bed gets delivered. Can't wait for that post work out afternoon nap now! :D Gotta straighten up a bit before the delivery guys get here though. Gotta make sure there is nothing "alive" under my bed! LOL Just gonna be me and Joey home when they get here. Hate being home alone for deliveries, etc but DH has to work O/T today so I have no choice in the matter. :(

So today's work out will be Absolute Kickboxing I think. It's all cardio where the other 2 have toning in them..though they DO offer premixes....hmmm...I wonder what I can "create"....!?!? *wheels in head start to turn and smoke starts pouring out* :p ;) :D

BBL!:cool:

Good Morning Ladies,

Woo Hoo...I slept in til 9am. I've been so tired the past few weeks...and since Jerod doesn't have a football game this morning...I took full advantage and slept in.

Enjoyed a nice relaxing evening with DH last night. We watched a movie, Red and it was good.

I will email Jacque and see if we can make sure she is okay and just super busy at work.

So I'm considering doing a week of Barry's Bootcamp. Well, to be honest, I'm actually chomping at the bit to do another round of STS. I'm holding off for the new w/o's to arrive and see if Cathe puts out a rotation with the them for November.

Wendy-Hope you like Absolute Kickboxing, be warned there are few miscounts in this w/o. I use the kickbox intervalled w/the combat intervals. It has a good ab work section at the end. Hope you like it. I have her kickbox bootcamp, but only did it once. I didn't care for it. If I recall, it was shorter and pretty easy and wasn't much of a calorie burner for me. Sorry you think you are talking to yourself. I just can't get here from work...and I enjoy reading your posts! Hope you love your new bed!!!

Lori-How are you spending your weekend off?

bbl

Hi Diana! I would have LOVED to sleep in this morning but I had to get up for the bed guys. I already tried out the new bed though. Took a 30 minute nap and it was AWESOME! Glad you and your DH had a nice quiet evening together. Not often enough that you can do that, huh? Jen and I talked about doing BBC for a few weeks but it never got past "talking". lol One day I will pull that one back out again...just not now! Hey, you mentioned STS and it seems like you and I have the same plan! I want to give it another go but don't even want to bother trying until after I've played with the new Cathes! Once we get them you and I should try and set a target date to start a round of STS together! Game? I will keep you posted on my thoughts about the KS work outs as I get them done. My next stop after this actually is to do my work out! BBL! :D

OMG, DS2 and my nephew just showed...to demo the Kirby vacuum no less. I can't complain much since I've been on DS2 to get a job. So instead of working out...I'm watching a demo. He gets paid just for demonstrating, he doesn't actually have to sell a vacuum to get paid. Although I would love to have one...they are quite expensive.

Hi there my best girlie friends !

I have not only been busy at work but sick to boot. Not a single workout to report for over a week at least ! :( Had a "flu" day over a week ago, nausea stayed with me for a few days - then DH had it - then he got a cold - then I got the cold - and with all the early mornings and long days with our annual retirement meetings at all our locations I've been totally run down and can't get back on track. Only one more meeting - flight to San Diego and back on Tues and hopefully I can get back to "normal". Still not feeling well so will take the weekend off and see if Monday will be a new start. Work still way too busy but I'm making slow strides.

Enough about me - I caught up on the last week's threads last night before I hit the bed . . . thanks for missing me ! :p I've missed coming here too but have been pretty much going right to bed after I came home and ate. Trying to get as much rest as possible - mornings have been 4:30 wake up and out the door by 5:30. Home about 12 - 15 hours after that. YUCK but almost finished.

Wendy - woo hoo on the new bed. I still love the one we got about 5 years ago with a pillow top ontop of memory foam. Heaven to say the least ! Well worth it. LOL'd at DH who like our old bed - I'd roll to the middle as soon as he got in ! :eek: :rolleyes: Enjoy. Gonna get Joey his pumpkin this weekend?

Diana - sorry about your foot & knee issues. Hope they get resolved soon. I am toying with just a slow walk on the TM today if I feel a little better just to get moving. Good to hear you are adjusting to what works and not pushing yourself which typically causes more injury. I had a knee issue about a month ago and stopped lunges and high step and it resolved itself. Used the RICE method like you mentioned. ;) I've heard the Kirby's are super vacuums - good to hear he is doing something. Yep, was on the road and bossman had to listen to the Giants game so I heard only a few minutes of the end of the Avs game the other night. Was pleasantly surprised as the Sharks lost the first two home games that we attended ! :confused:

Lori - Super job young lady in finishing your mary - I'd never even attempt a 1/2 so be proud of yourself ! Hope you are enjoying your days off - nice to hear you have your first client ! Perhaps once you get a little more experience training and finish your courses you can do it full time ! Let DH figure better ways of running the store to help pay the bills too !

Laura - Sorry to hear life has not been treating you the best lately. Other than your War Eagles that is ! :D Give SIL a little "push" from me too - she needs to take care of herself and let exercising take a back seat to her health. She can start back up again when her body doesn't need to focus on other issues. Heck, I've felt so guilty lately but have finally learned we can only handle so much "stress" or "healing" and exercising when you are tapped out does not help !

Well ladies - off to figure out what I need to do before I take a break and rest a little more . . .

Have a super day !

Heeey Ladies!

JACQUE!!!! You ARE alive! I knew you were! I just knew it! :p:D Glad to see you here today! Sounds like it's been a rough one for you. :( ((((HUGS)))) Totally understand why you haven't stopped by. Hopefully things are only going to get better from here for you! As it turns out Joey brought a pumpkin home from school so we will not be going to get one of those BUT we do intend to go Halloween costume shopping this weekend! :)

Okay...on to the work out report! I LOVE LOVE LOVED it, ladies!!!! :D Here's what I did...

Absolute Kickboxing...Cardio Kickboxing premix...It's an hour long and I think it includes abs but I didn't do them-just warm up and cardio.
Cardio Combat Surge....1st Combat Segement + 1st Med Ball Segment, cool down and stretch.

Took about an hour. I was a sweaty mess. I used my unloaded Troylite barbell for the combat segment and a 4# ball for the med ball segment. Next time I will try my Firm Sculpting stick and a heavier med ball! Skipped ab work because well....quite frankly I forgot about it, LOL! In my defense though, she works the core so incredibly well in the work out that I really didn't feel guilty about missing the ab work!!!

Okay, off to Chuck E. Cheese! What else would I be doing on a weekend afternoon! :rolleyes::p

BBL~

CIAO!

Hey Girls,

The knee is a little quirky today so I did PUB. I went heavier than Cathe on Chest, back and triceps and totally expect to be sore tomorrow! I may give tonique a try tomorrow...it counts as cardio in my book as I always burn close to 500 cals.

So, although I did not want to spend the money on the Kirby...DH did. It is amazing and I'm sure we will be cleaning our house like made this weekend, mattresses included! DH said he bought not just for us, but to boost DS's confidence and make him some money too. I get it, we just really don't have the money. Oh well...my floors will be super clean, right.:D

Jacque-so glad you popped in. I even sent you an email this morning to make sure you were okay. Sorry to hear you have been so sick...and those long hours don't help at all. Take care and get back to your w/o's when you are recovered.

Wendy-glad you liked the w/o! I like AK a lot and use my 15# body bar for the combat intervals. The ab work is good in this w/o too. I'll have to check out the other KS w/o's and see what she's got.

I have Jerod trying to put together the vacuum so I can try it out...LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.