DaMaGe CoNtRoL SATURDAY!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

I can have used more sleep but I feel ok. Should be a quiet day at work and I am hoping to get some studying done. I NEEEEED to. I haven't touched a book all week. The course is suppose to take me 9-15 months to finish and I only have 10 very thin books left to read. I can't see it taking me 7-12 m to finish that up.

So my friends are leaving for the city today...actually,they are probably already left:( Maybe I should have went? LOL Who knows? And its to late now anyway:D

Wendy** should we expect a pic on fb? I think you should post one when its all healed up and pretty!:D A guy I work with has all kinds of tattoos and that's the only reason I know that they need to heal. Other then that, I would never know. Where did you get it? On your foot somewhere? Hopefully the pain subsided so you could sleep. Did you know that high waisted pants are suppose to be making a come back? Us short waisted people are DOOMED! I like low cut jeans b/c it makes my torso look longer.

Jacque** When do the festivites start? yesterday or today? Have fun. Hate having heavy legs!!!!

I decided to have a look last night to see where I should be in my training and its a good thing I did. I am suppose to be starting week 7 tomorrow which is 19km. Fairly long. I may attempt to do that today...we will see. I am trying to map it out in my head. I may also take my training schedule to work with me and make a rotation up. Maybe I should read my "designing programs" book...and design one for ME!:eek:

Alright....I will be able to check in at work! No manager around....YIPPEEEE!

Lori:)

Good Morning Dearies.

I feel so much better this morning. The ibuprofen kicked in last night. It still hurts some but nothing compared to last night. I feel like a new woman! :p Sleeping was a PITA though. I slept with my foot outside of the covers b/c having it touch/rub on anything would not have felt good.

I posted a pic of the tat on f/b but deleted the wall pic as soon as it posted so you won't find it there. Go into my pics and it's the top pic in my "mobile uploads" album. Go check it out if you wish. :)

So today's work out will be upper body and I'll be wearing flip flops while I do it! LOL I'm think Muscle Endurance. Haven't done that one in a while and it always gets me! My biceps are finally recovered and will be on fire again tmrw!:D

Lori:: The tat is pretty right now. Last night it was a little less pretty cause it was red with some dots of blood on it. Today that stuff is gone. It's gonna get *UGLY* before it heals though. When tats heal the top layer of skin dries up and peels off. Kinda like a peeling sunburn only you are not allowed to peel it. You have to let it just happen. It also itches as it heals which can make ya nutty depending on how bad it is cause you can't scratch it either! :eek: Much of what a tat feels like and acts like (AFTER you have it done) can be compared to a sunburn actually. So how many more weeks of mary training do you have? Will you go for a third when you are done with this one??? ;)

BBL

Hey Girls!

Managed to get 17 kms done today. I started to run out of steam and time. I probably should have ate something before I went. And I also threw some hills into the mix. Im sure I will be starving alllll day now:eek:

Wendy** How many tat's do you have now? I have a friend who has a few of them but you can't see them when she is wearing clothes. I don't think she has any of her lower arms so they aren't that noticable but put her in a swim suit...oh me, oh my! I think she even has them on her neck. Im guessing I have 10 or more weeks left of training. I didn't want to start right from the beginning b/c its kind of pointless AND it would have started right after the last mary. So I waited until the longer runs started. I don't know if i will do another. I am only really doing this one b/c I had registered for this one before the last one and my sister booked tickets to come watch:eek: She did tell me not to feel obligated but of course I can't back out. This is where my running partner kinda gets on my nerves a little. I love her to death and she is very sweet but she knew when I registered that my intentions were to go with DH b/c its close to our anniversary and we haven't went anywhere this year. She went ahead and registered for it as well...which is fine. But now she keeps asking me if DH is really going with me. I feel as if she thinks that he should stay home and that we should go together, why else would she keep asking?. She isn't hurting for money but she knows that if she goes alone or with her DH, then it will be more expensive then if the two of us went together. I also have alot of relatives in that area so I also have the option of crashing somewhere other then a hotel, which I probably won't do. Anyway...b/c she is thinking about going she thinks we are going to rearrange our plans. Same thing goes with the Boston Marathon. She knows that we are going to FL next yr for 2 weeks, and it most likely will be around the same time when the Boston is. She keeps saying "so your def going to Fl"? I almost feel as if she thinks I am going to change my plans to run the Boston...which I haven't even qualified for yet. And I certainly can't do both. Anyway...sometimes I just feel like I am being steered in certain directions that don't interest me. I really don't know if I will do any more after this one. I think my running partner is hooked...but me.... not so much. So if she thinks I want to do 2 marathons a yr...or can even afford to travel to do 2 marathons a year..she needs to be brought back to reality!

Phew...that was long! I should do some work I suppose!

Lori:)

Hi ladies,

I was rudely awoken at 6am by DS3s alarm, unfortunately he was alseep downstairs on the couch...uugghh:mad:. My main concern was that it would wake the girls..needlees to say, I'm thankful that didn't happen.

We are going to MIL's for brunch this morning. Just another opportunity for the family to see the girls before they leave on Wednesday. No other plans for the weekend, hopefully relaxing.

I'm going to try to get some of our family pics (minus DH) on FB later today. I'm pretty happy with them, except that DS3 did not smile in any of the pics...rather looks bored or annoyed.

My scheduled w/o is PCC, so I'm heading down for a sweatfest with Sean T after this coffee kicks in.

Lori-yep, you should be your own guinea pig and design a program for yourself. If you need practice when you get to that section, I would be happy for you to design a program for me.:D No, not high waisted pants, they irritat my bb ring and are not that attractive anyway. I like midrise as they are just right on me and not too low.

Wendy-checked out the tat on FB, looks good. Its bigger than I was anticipating. I think its ME that has the hard bicep work, with something like 15lbs and it goes on forever-good luck.

Jacque-I'm sure you are super busy at the Garlic Festival-have fun!

Laura-what do you have planned for the weekend? Hope DH feels better soon from his test. Happy Anniversary!

PunkyJen-will you be heading down to the Garlic Festival?

bbl

Afternoon Ladies.

We got back a little while ago from the movies. Took Joey to see an 11:10am showing of Toy Story 3 in 3D. :eek: That was a little too early for me but DH wanted to see it. He has plans later and a later showing would have him rushing to get ready to go out later.

Right now I am scarfing down some lunch and then I'm hittin my bed for a snooze. I am very tired from not sleeping well last night and I also have a headache. :( Hopefully a short nap will help me to feel refreshed and ready to work out! After that, DS and I are going to Target. I have some B'day shopping to do for my nieces and I told DS that if he's good, he can use some of his B'day money to buy a toy for himself so we'll see.

Lori:: Good luck keeping your running partner in check. Sounds like she would be making all kinds of crazy plan for the 2 of you if you didn't say anything. The tat I got last night is #4, btw.

Diana:: Yeah this tat is larger then I had originally envisioned as well but I loved what she drew up for me so I went with it. I did ask her to make it a bit smaller then it was originally though. Hope brunch with your family was good! Enjoy the rest of your time with the girls! ME is definitely a killer bicep work out. I have never been able to match Cathe's weight on that one. I don't even try. Bi's are the body part that I have never been very successful at matching her in. Must be a weak point for me. Oh well. I still LOOK like I could kick butt so I'm happy! :D

Well, off I go!

BBL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.