Damage Control Saturday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls.

Just getting us started even though Lori doesn't like it when I do this. :p

Be back in a jiff! :)

Lori: I would like a work out partner but not on an every day basis. I was only doing the work out with BF to show her what to do and keep her motivated since she is just starting out again after almost a full year off! :eek: I used to have a running parter whom I would run in the park with on the weekends. That was nice. Wish she would start running again. She would force me to get my azz outside once in a while! :p

Diana: Sorry about the ankle incident on the Bosu. Hope it's feeling okay today. Yeah, the tubing can be KILLER! That's why I've started using it for Burn Intervals. ;)

Jacque: I think more then carbs have attached themselves to me! :eek: I am so at my wits end trying to figure out how to beat this weight gain! It's not muscle either cause my BF is up too! :mad: I guess maybe I should try upping my cardio a little bit more as well. Right now I am doing Burn It Off (25 minutes), Burn Intervals (45 min circuit) and 1 run (30-40 minutes) each week. Maybe I will try to add another short cardio into the mix. I can't do TOO much cause I know that will backfire on me. As much as I am struggling right now, I HAVE lost some weight since I stopped training for the marathon so I don't want to mess that up! :confused:

Laura: So why are you creating 2 work out areas? Do you need more room and this is the only way to do it? Just curious. :) I have decided that once my resume is put together I will apply for personal training jobs as well as clerical/csr/collections stuff. I wasn't going to but at this point I have nothing to lose, right? I also thought about trying to get into teaching classes too. I really like the Centergy class I am taking and think teaching a class like that would be nice. It would force me to get my yoga/stretching in with out clashing with my own personal work out schedule. We'll see....

So I am contemplating battling the crowds to get to Centergy class this morning. I also have to do Burn It Off or perhaps I will sub in another intense cardio work out to change things up....

We are heading to my SIL's this afternoon for dinner so that should be fun.

BBL!

Lori: I read on FB a little while ago that your son is in the hospital!?!? I hope he will be okay and that it's nothing too serious. My thoughts and prayers are with you, him and your DH. ((((HUGS))))

Morning all,

Did get a cardio in last night. Didn't realize Plyo Legs were part of the regular STS workouts and there were quite a few weight exercises so I ended up doing Taebo Strength instead. Not alot of calorie burn (they used to kick my butt !) but do have some shoulder soreness.

Today will be a longer than usual run - hoping for at least an hour.

Wendy - I am so tired of trying to "figure out" how to drop lbs these days without eating 1000 cals ! Keep going round and round, then something works for a couple weeks and plateaus. :confused: Oh well, at least I am seeing strength and toning gains from STS so I'll take that for now.

Lori - looked for the post on DS but didn't find anything. Keeping good thoughts for whatever is going on.

Hi Girls. Quiet here today...

I decided to hit the EXT at the gym this morning instead of Burn it Off or the TM. I did CC #4 and it ROCKED!!!:D My legs were ON FIRE!!!! When I got off the EXT after my work out they felt like LEAD!!! :eek: I opted to skip Centergy today. I decided that I will do yoga at home tmrw instead of having to "force" a complete rest day. Ofcourse, if I just don't feel like moving tmrw then perhaps a real rest day will happen anyway but I'll let it happen as it happens. No pressure! ;)

Monday I start PUSH! :D

Jacque: I hear ya. I'm liking the results I am getting from CLX aside from the fact that I can't lose the weight. I don't blame that on CLX as I was having the problem prior so I am going to keep on truckin' and see if adding a bit more cardio and maybe changing up the cardio I do every week helps.... Enjoy your long run today! :)

Well, we are heading to SIL's for dinner in about an hour so this will likely be my last post for today.

Have a great one and I'll be back in the morning! :)

Last edited:
Just so Wendy doesn't feel lonely today . . .

I went right from my workout to the kitchen to grab a bowl of yogurt with Kashi cereal ontop to the shower to the Sharks game. Just got home after we stopped at our fav restaurant/bar and chatted with the bartender for a bit (about 4 hours !:eek:). We did get an antipasto platter, Yummo ! and I had 2 Merlots and a Coors light (which DH had some of also !).

Workout this AM turned out to be 10 min/1 mi run, LIC blast #1+ circuit, 10 min/1 mi run, LIC blast #2 +circuit & 10 min/1 mi run, LIC blast #3 + circuit.
Burned nearly 700 cals. Just enough to cover my CAB's I guess? :rolleyes:

Sharks won - played a good game - now we play Avs tomorrow Diana and we are going again. Not until 5 PM though so can do a good workout and get some chores done also ! :p

Wendy - guess you changed your mind on today's workout too? I just wasn't feeling like a long TM run (we turned cold today barely hitting 63 mid day) so thought I'd do circuit in between and it was fun and the time flew by. Glad you had a good workout too ! I know I have plans for something tomrrow, but we'll see how much I feel like working out before starting STS Meso 2 on Monday vs working around the house. Perhaps the scale will decide in the AM ? ? ? ;) Hope you enjoyed your visit with SIL !

Hope everyone else is OK - especially Lori if DS is in the hospital ! BB tomorrow to check.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.