Damage Control....Monday-They come too soon!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hey Ladies.

Today is DS' first day of his summer care program. He's only going for half a day since I only work for a few hours every morning. I will pick him up by noon. Why am I all nervous for him like it's the first day of school again??? He will be with new kids (maybe some from his class but this is not a guarantee) and new teachers though so I guess that is why. It's also a different set up/program so I'm not sure what to expect and hope that he likes it. *fingers crossed* He is a very social kid. I am sure once he gets "settled in", he'll have a blast but that doesn't keep the butterflies away....:rolleyes:

So DH is laid off again (BOOH!) but not for long...or atleast it's not supposed to be. He should only be out of work for a week or 2 but of course this happens 2 weeks before we leave on vacation! GRRRRR!

I posted some rather pathetic personals last night (LOL) so go check 'em out if you haven't already. I promise to do better today! :)

Today's work out will be Jillian's BFBM. FUN! Looking forward to it! :D

Okay, well let me get this posted before Lori sneaks in on me and we have a double!

L8r Gators!:)

:)Good Morning Gals!

Hmmmmm....I thought Wendy would have spilled the beans;) LOL

I did win 1st place in the womens devision yesterday. There was one girl ahead of me and I knew that if I passed her I would be in 1st place. I felt sick right from the start though and my feet were cold and numb so I ended up with a shin split in my right leg...that never left the whole time:( I did end up ahead of this girl quit a bit but in the last km I still sped it up cause I was afraid she was gonna pull out a magic trick and pass me;) I won $125 so I went uptown yesterday and bought all of the flowers I needed for my house:D Now i will think about my race everytime I look at my flowers. DH wanted to go out for dinner but I said..."thats a waste, we are going to eat and then crap out my money" LOL I did the race in 46:54. Im pretty sure my time last yr at a 10k was 51 mins. I wanted to get in under 50 mins...and I did. That was my goal...my goal wasn't to win it....but it was a bonus! hehe!

Wendy** I can see why DS would be nervous but Im sure after a couple of hours he will be o.k. Sorry to hear about DH! Hopefully it won't be for to long!

I will try to return and catch up on personnals!

Lori:)

Goof Morning, girlies!

Wendy: Sorry to hear DH is out of work again! What terrible timing! On the other hand, maybe it'll be nice to have him around to help out with DS? DS is going to have a blast at his summer program. What's great about him going for the summer is that he'll have no problems at all when the actually school year starts again in September. He'll just flow right along. My kids always had a hard time when the new school year came around. They got so used to being home with me all day.

Lori: Woooohoooo!! Great job! That must be so exciting that you won! Congratulations, and I like what you did with your winnings. That's a very smart way to treat yourself!

So I did manage to get in a run yesterday. I did 4.5 miles on the treadmill. It wasn't quite as long as I was going for, but DS was at a friends house for the afternoon and called for me to pick him up at 4.25 miles. I managed one more lap then had to get him. This morning I did Push Pull with two minute runs in between every two exercises. It turned out to be a great total body circuit and calorie burn. Hopefully I'll get my walk in at lunch, but guess what? It's freakin' raining again :mad: And it's supposed to be like this all week :mad::mad: When will this end??

Gotta get some work done, but will bbl~

Jen

Hey Girls,

I am back from my run. I started going my normal route but had to take a detour b/c they are doing some construction on the roads around here. I was still out for about 75-80 mins. I still need to fit STS into my day.....but where?? The sun is shining and I don't think DS will want to spend the afternoon inside:confused:

Jen** Our weather was alittle crappier towards the end of last week but this week ( i think) is suppose to be a good one. Im only working 2 night shifts this week so I can enjoy all the nice weather.

My sister also arrives tonight for a month or so....this will be her last trip here before she as to return to work. It won't be nice when she goes back this time b/c we know it will be atleast a year before we see the baby again. Oh well....thats life I suppose!

BBL
Lori:)

Yup .. Mondays come WAYYYY too soon!!

Hello chickas!!!

I had a great weekend .. we did get tossed around a lot though .. it was kinda rough!!! :confused: One of DH friends wanted to take his step son out that is about to get married .. he brought all his close friends .. so I was surrounded by men all day . . young cutie pies too:cool: .. LOL .. but bless their hearts most of them were green all day and the biggest sweetest guy was REAL sick ..but he was a trooper .. he would hurl then go right back to fishing ... 6 ft 5" .. big guy .. wore a size 17.5 shoe :confused::eek: .. I really felt for the big guy .. we didn't have our best catch .. but had a box full .. mainly snapper only baggeed 2 grouper .. and got 2 huge king mackerals .. so although a ruff trip it was a good one!! :cool: SUN was even rougher so we canceled the trip .. had boat troubles coming in so we had some repair work to do anyways ...

Wendy .. I am sure the muchkin will do fine at school ... he sounds a lot like my DN .. he does not meet a stranger .. real independent and makes friends easily .. man hate hearing about DH .. that sucks .. where are ya'll going on vacation???

Lori .. WTG on the race .. I knew you would rock it .. and FIRST PLACE .. woohoooo .... I am impressed!! Nice prize and reward huh??

Jen .. MORE RAIN??? man .. we are needing some now .. our grass is looking parched .. I left DH watering it this morning .. yesterday was 102 when we got home .. and down here that is TOO freaking hot!!!

Jacque .. I did get too much sun .. I DID wear sunblock .. but it was so freaking hot I was sweating it off as fast as I put it on .. plus I jumped in the ocean just about every stop to cool off .. LOL!!! Not a bad blister .. just kinda red and touchy!! thanks for working out for me .. I sure did need it ;)

Di .. hate hearing about the job worries .. that stinks .... I will keep my fingers for the best for you. Glad the nutritionist meeting went well and you were pleased .. my thing is I know what and how much I should eat .. but knowing it and doing it is 2 different things .. but I KNOW I have got to get control over it now ..b/c the fluff is not going away .. and I KNOW it is from the unclean eating and the CAB consumption ... :(.. dang it!!!

OK .. gotta run .. I do have a veggie plate for lunch .. DH made me an egg white omelete for brkfst .. prty good start .. but w/DH at home cooking and the upcoming long weekend I am gonna have to log in some extra workouts to keep up the the intake of food :eek: .. I NEED to get my lazy arse out of bed early and jump on the TM for about 1/2 hour .. EVERY morning... I just sleep so heavy right b-4 that dang alarm clock goes off .. but gonna have to get over it and on with it to do better!!! I can do this right??? think I may go buy me a ped and start competing w/ Wendy and Jen .. (although I know my # wont even compare to theirs b/c of my desk job) ..

Have a great one!!! :eek: and great sweaty workouts!!:D

Hey, look what I did...I got me an avatar!!

I figured I'm always chatting with you girls from work, you might as well have a pic of me from my desk ;)

I've spent way too much work time on that today :eek: Will do something productive and then bbl ~

Jen

Well helllooo Jen ... finally a face to your words!! a lovely face may I add!! :)

OK ... I just ordered a pedometer ... Jen and Wendy .. watch out .. if it means lugging myself up and down the stairs several times a day to get my steps in by dang it .. I am gonna do it .. LOL .. although I am SURE my numbers will be no where near you two!!! but you two have inspired me .. and my ever increasing waistline is telling me to get w/the program!! LOL I should have it by WED ..... now if the brain can remember to PUT IT ON .. I used to have one but couldnt remember to put the dang thing on and finally gave up on it .. hoping since this new one calculates calories it will inspire me to make more steps and eat better and put the dang thing on .. LOL!!!!

OK .. about to be 5 o clock .. have a great one girlies!;)

Hey Girlies.

I decided to make today an active rest day with a 3 mile walk and that's it. I am up over 10k steps already so no worries for me today. I can be as lazy as I wanna be! :p

Not sure what's on tap for tmrw yet. I'm going to try to pull together a plan for this week when I'm done typing this...

Laura:: Yay! Another one on the pedometer band wagon! YIPPEE! Have fun! ;) So we are going down Ocean City, MD again this year for a few days. We leave sat 7/11 and come back that Wednesday. Should be fun. We enjoyed it last year. This year though, we are all staying together in a condo. That could be icky. Last year DH, DS and I had our own room. I much prefer my own space so we'll see...

Lori:: Where does your sis live?? Enjoy the time you have with her! Did you ever get in your STS work out today? I didn't blab your race accomplishment cause I figured you'd want to. :)

Jen:: Finally a face to put with the name. You look so young, you lucky girl! :) I pictured you as a red head. I am never right. LOL Yes, I am hoping this summer program will help DS tansition into next school year with ease. He cried this morning when I went to leave him because he was in a strange classroom with all new kids and new teachers. :( When I came back to pick him up I was told that 2 of his schoolmates are actually going to be there with him this summer so that's good. He had a blast today and is excited to go back now. :D Would be nice if I could find a better job now that I know he likes it! :rolleyes:

Hi Jacque and Diana! Hope all is well with both of you. :)

Off I go for now.

BBL or in the morning!

Hi Ladies,

Had to be to work early today for a meeting so no A.M. w/o for me today.

I did hit the rec ctr for some heavy leg training this afternoon. I had one of the guys show me how to use the standing calf machine for squats. I've seen others use it that way but I didn't know how. Well now that I do I'll be adding some of those in too. Tonight is the first class of the next bootcamp session. I'm really looking forward to it.

Wendy-Sorry to hear about DH being out of work again. I too prefer my space, hope the Condo works out for everyone. How many people are going? I was surprised my AOM prizes didn't include a nice pedometer.

Lori-Congratulations on your win. Wow, I always try to keep my 10K's under 60 min. My fastest was about 52 min. You are fast...keep up the good work. Did your running partner participate in the race??? If so, how did she do???

Jen-How nice to finally put a face to the name. I thought you had blonde hair and blue eyes, boy was I wrong! Isn't it funny how we picture people before we've even met them?? Adding an Avatar to your profile is being productive.:D

Laura-I'm sure I would be sea sick too. Sorry you had boat problems, but it's nice to get away for the weekend. Good Luck with your pedometer. I'm on gadget hold right now. I have a garmin to use when running and a HR monitor for indoor cardio w/o's, a pedometer for walking (although I can't keep up with Jen & Wendy)...I'm not buying anything else right now.

Jacque-thanks for the interview questions, very good information to have. What are you up to today?

bbl

Hey Girls!

No STS today...just not enough time. Its so hard to fit it in when the weather is so nice!

So tomorrow I have to start eating better...seriously! I pick waaay to much and even though the scale isn't showing it...my pants are....or it could be all in my mind:rolleyes:

Diana** Nope my running partner didn't do it. She had to work but Im not sure if she would have done it. Everything she does as to be BIG....she is thinking about doing a marathon but she can't do one around here...not even in her own country! She is looking at doing one in Texas. I bet your legs are going to be sore tomorrow! Hope you are enjoying your workout tonight!

Wendy** My sis lives waaaaay up north. She as been there 10yrs now. Her goal was to pay off her student loan but now she is sucked into the money. I think they are to use to making a certain amount and they will have a hard time adjusting when they move back!

Laura** so you were fishing all weekend? For real? I can't do that. For one, I hate flies and #2...I hate watching something die down around my feet:confused: It takes every onunce of energy for me not to throw it back into the water! LOL

Well....guess what! DH just finished doing P90X and he claims that he is "dying"! He said there was 10 mins left but he couldn't do anymore pushups, I told him he as to finish it, even if its on his knees! He went back to do it and I haven't heard from him since....hope he didn't have a heart attack!!!

BBL!
Lori

Hello ladies!

Just got back from another walk. We took a quick one after dinner. It added nicely to my step count, but we stopped for ice cream while we were out, so I don't think it had much more benefit than the extra step count :eek:

Laura: I can totally picture with big, tall guy being the sickest. It's what you see in movies. The poor guy, that's the worst feeling! Sounds like you brought home a pretty good catch though! So when's dinner ;) If this rain keeps up around here, we'll be able to fish in the streets soon :rolleyes: (And just FYI, 17,060 is the number so far today :D)

Wendy: Thanks for the compliments! But I think that tiny little picture just does wonders to hide the flaws ;) I don't have a digital camera (though my kids do, but somehow I can never remember to swipe it from them), and I was chatting with my hairdresser the other day who was trying to convince me to sign up with Facebook. So I explained to him that I didn't really have a way to get a pic online, and he came up with the genius idea to use my phone and email it to myself. Duh, why didn't I think of that?? So viola, there I am! All brunette and everything ;) So glad to hear DS did well at school today. Oh how my heart sank when I read that he cried when you left him. Boy, do I remember those days :( They're resilient, though, and move on pretty quickly once your out of sight, thankfully.

Diana: I'm not sure my boss would see my avatar as the height of productivity, but you're right, because I feel accomplished :p I'm trying to picture how you use a calf machine for squats. It must be a lot easier, though, to not have to get a barbell on your shoulders. So we haven't convinced you to pull out your ped yet?

Well, jammies are calling. Looking forward to a run in the morning, I think. Saying my prayers that I wake up to some sunshine for a change :rolleyes: I'll catch you all in the a.m.

Jen

Hi Lori! We were posting at the same time! I lol'd about you making your husband go finish his workout. But it calls to mind the woman in Minnesota (or somewhere near there) who killed her husband by not letting him get out of the swimming pool until his workout was done. She had him in there for hours! (He was old though. But you better go check on yours ;):p {jk})

Have a good night!!

Good evening girls !

Just been too dang busy at work and DH came home early so no computer time for me.

Was up early this AM and did a 20 high intensity run (only 2 really intense mins @ 7.5 mph) but there were a couple other tough ones as I went up min by min to the 8 and hit a couple at 7 after that. All in all it was just over 1.75 miles. Good way to start the day. Lunch was PUB back - only 10 min workout - so went through it twice. After work did 40 min. of Plyo Legs #29. That was fun - all the jumping and stepping on a high step - killer sweatfest it was ! :eek:

After all that I'm a bit over 9K steps - that sedentary desk job just doesn't cut the mustard. My HRM did show 325 cal burn with the Plyo Legs and I'm sure I got a decent cal burn with my run this AM. Eats not too bad until we went out to sushi cuz I forgot to take meat out for din din. So had a large salad ez on the dressing, 3 or 4 pieces of each of the 2 rolls and a diet coke ! Yep, the owner was surprised I didn't have my usual tall Coors light but I stuck it out.;)

Wendy - bummer about DH - now he will have to opportunity to go back just when you are going on vacation? Maybe it will be right after and work out perfectly. Glad Joey was much better after school and wants to go back. My DD was little miss social until I took her to her 1st preschool class - only 2 days a week and she was 3, but she cried for so long the teacher and I figured she just wasn't quite ready (same teach that had my DS2 so she knew me). Waited another session and she was fine. Then when kinder came around she couldn't even bother to say "bye" to me and broke my heart since she was my "baby". She is still a little bugger at the ripe old age of 20!

So did you figure out a rotation? I am going to stick to one body part per day and toggle between S&H and PUB/PLB for 4 weeks. Then try to get in as much of a varied type of cardio as possible. Especially trying to get more running in. We were only at 95' today and are supposed to cool off to low 70's soon so I can run after work ! :p

Lori - CONGRATS lady ! Way to go with the time & beating your goal too ! Of course you know I'm happy you spent $ on flowers - I love coming home to a bright and cheery front yard and looking out my kitchen window seeing color too. LMAO about DH going back to finish his pushup - you drill sargeant you ! That is just too funny. Glad to see he is finally starting P90X after all the times he never got around to it. Now you gotta figure out how to get your STS in there too ! :p

Jen - It was very nice to see your pic next to "irishrose" tonight ! I had you pictured as a brunette with curly hair. Not too far off? Way to get a run in y'day - dang girl how do you get in 17K steps and more? Perhaps if I put my computer on my TM while I type these books ? ? ? :rolleyes: LOL about your walk and then grabbing an ice cream. I think you pretty much walked it off today though ! Hope you have some sunshine tomorrow too ! This sun has me in a much better mood lately ! :cool:

Laura - well sorry to hear you had some woes with the sunburn, "green faced" hunks and issues with the boat. Sounds like the catch will be mighty tasty though. So I told you I'd work out for you but that only lasted on Fri nite and then nothing for me. :( Busy lounging and running errands - but the 105' is my excuse and I'm sticking to it ! For some reason I am usually awake by about 5 or 5:30, even on the weekends but this weekend I didn't wake until after 7 so ended up with a late start. Now as far as the ped goes . . . you and I can have a competition just to make it to 10K every day, or somewhere thereabouts. I don't know if my ped is tracking well all the time or not, but I just don't see myself getting much higher than that on a daily basis and that is WITH about an hour of walking/running or moving Cathe DVD (like drill max, etc.). 10K will be fine for me for now. Deal?

Diana - well good to hear you got a workout in at lunch - will be interested to hear how the calf machine works double as a squat machine. Can you lower the bars that sit on your shoulders or do they have a downward "reach" so you can actually squat? Well it sounds like you have the necessary gadgets already. I am thinking about wearing my HRM for a couple of days during the week (my more "normal" routine days) along with my ped and see what the cal burn shows for a couple of 24 hours periods in combo with my step count. Wonder if it would be close enough to the GWF? I did read one blog that said it was within about 10%. That isn't too shabby - then I could monitor my food intake and adjust based upon that perhaps? Can't wait until your nutritionist gets back to you. I actually went online to see if our health insurance had any Reg Dieticians or Nutritionists on the PPO list but they don't. There is a group in the area and a couple of them come down here to our city - may see how much a metabolic workup would be in conjunction with a nutrition plan. Waiting to see what you come up with first.

Well that should much more than catch me up here. Boy do I need to get here more during the day - just been really hard lately.

Hope everyone had a nice evening - catch you in the AM (Hopefully).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.