DaMaGe CoNtRoL MONDAY BLAHS!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

I went to bed early last night:) but I still feel blah:eek: I need to wait for this coffee to set in:)......how's that for faces??:eek::eek:

I am going to go for a run when my foffee is gone.DS actually says coffee now by the way...but we can still say foffee:)

My workout yesterday was 3.5 miles on the TM and DWP. Also did the rest of PH.

Yesterday I thought I was going to lose my mind a couple of times. While I am working out DD text me and wants to know if I can take them to the beach. I read the text wrong and thought it was a beach near by but noooooooo,it was a beach 90 mins away. Told her I wasn't doing that today (cause God forbid they ask someone else's parents) and she got all bratty and was gonna take a cab! LOL Thought I was going to die with laughter! WTH did she think she was gonna get the money?

I go to my inlaws house after lunch and the kids really aren't content but we are staying there for supper so I go out and buy a water slide. The slide was $29.99 and MIL knew this but she wants to pay for it so the slide can stay there....so she gives me $20...and I also have to buy ice cream out of this money! Why bother? I wanted it for here anyway.......now I paid for most of it and its at their house!:confused: Then she was in a big tizzy trying to get supper ready. And Im thinking....maybe you don't need to feed 14 people every week!

While I am working out my running partner calls and wants to know if I want to come over there and relax before I go to my inlaws. I told her I couldn't b/c it was almost 2 and I could tell by the tone in her voice she didn't like it. She thought that the inlaws should watch my child why I lie down and suntan...I suppose. Im not quit sure what I was suppose to do at her house.

DH left early in the a.m to go fishing....5 o'clock still not home. That's when I came to the realization that the only reason he likes for me to be off on weekends is so he can do whatever he wants.

Then the whole race situation and my sweet has pie coworker were kind of bothering me. I really don't think I care to go now but I have a feeling that my friend thinks I am going.I emailed her last night and told her that I didn't register and she is shocked....so we shall see what happens. If she is counting on me to go,then I guess I will.

All of these things were irritating me yesterday....not sure when TMI is due....but it must be in a week or so.

Diana** how was your day with the fam? Did you catch a nap at any point? That was a pretty early wake up call!

Licia** I choose the wrong day to hop back on the wagon!LOL There were to many gatherings this weekend and I didn't do bad....just not as good as I normally would/could do....so now today is the day:D Happy to hear spa day was marvellous!

Jacque** That was a very late supper:eek:but I guess if your just hanging out and chatting time gets away from ya! This is a different race...not the marathon.This is just a local 10 mile race that I have done the last 2 yrs. I just don't know if I want to give my coworker the "party" weekend in return. Not that I care to party but I know she does and she has already burned me a few times.She even offered to work the whole week for me starting Wed! Wasn't that nice of her?:rolleyes:

I will try to check in from work! Time to get mov'in!

Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies,

Well it's back to work for me today and I'm so not looking forward to it at all. DH is still down with gout so he will be home today. This has to be one of his worst attacks, but is to be expected on medication he's taking. The meds are actually to prevent gout, but they said you are more prone to it during the first 3 months of taking this drug.

It will have to be a short w/o for me this morning, still planning on Insanity right now. We'll see when I finish my coffee...

Starting again with the clean eating...I'm sure I will feel much better with some clean foods and not so much "white stuff". I bought a bunch of lemons and limes for my water this week...a nice change of pace.

Jacque-sounds like you had a nice visit with your family. DS takes care of his girls during the day when he is home, but he goes to work at 4pm so isn't around for the girls bedtime. We've been in a heatwave too, 95-100 all this week...hate this heat but it is usually short lived.

Lori-teenagers....I know this attitude all too well. Sorry you have to deal with it. Hope you figure out the race situation. I think you should run it if you want to, don't let your coworker decide for you.

PunkyJen-glad you had a wonderful spa day...they are the best..especially when they are so few and far between. Enjoy the rest of your summer. I'm on to the clean eating again since I'm home from vacation. Still haven't stepped on the scale, maybe in a few days.

Laura-hopefully you had a chance to enjoy the weekend lounging in your pool.

Wendy-not sure if you will be checking in from vacation or not. Hope you have a wonderful time.

bbl

Hey Gals!

Manager is gone for lunch! Seems as if he may be falling back into his old ways! LOVE IT!:p

Todays workout was BM2 abs and 10.5 run outside. I am still super crabby....mad at the world...hate everyone....you know, just one of those days! lol I thought I was feeling better once I started drinking my coffee but now that's its gone, Im mad again! LOL

Diana** Going back to work after holidays is crap...I know! No need to explain. But tell me what gout is again. I forget....I always pictured it as someone rotting....but I know your husband isn't rotting! LOL What workout did you decide on?

I may bb again later if I get a chance!

Hey Ladies,

It's been a hectic morning but I'm hanging in there. Insanity PCC was completed this morning, minus the stretch at the end. I was pushing the time pretty close...thankfully a coworker started my 9am meeting since I was a few minutes late.

Lunch will be Chest & Triceps at the rec ctr and then will tackle bootcamp class tonight. Time to get back into the swing of things.

Lori-I misread and thought you did BM2 and a 10.5mi run...Nice workout, miss 10.5 miles!! I've been sticking to my 5 mile loop and probably won't be running for a few weeks. Gout is a painful, swollen hot joint...for my DH it is usually in his big toe, ankle or top of the foot. He cannot put any weight on it at all basically rendering him useless.

Where's the rest of the DC'rs??? Hope everyone is enjoying their Monday.

Hiya ladies !

Well thank you two for keeping us going here today. Wanted to get to work early so only read and didn't post. :eek: Did not have a workout to post from yesterday so I . . . nothing to add to controllin' the damage for me. :eek: Did enjoy a nice weekend visiting with my kids though. If only my work could take care and do itself ! :rolleyes:

Lori - Sorry you are mad at the world today. It happens to the best of us and it's nice we have each other to vent to ! ;) Nice job on the workouts today ! Even that doesn't help, huh? LOL at DD taking a taxi for 90 minutes ! Teens are so great at speaking without thinking, huh? Especially when you tell them "no".

Diana - good to hear you squeezed in a workout in your "Insane" world lately ! :p Nice of your co-worker to start your meeting - that is great ! Hope DH's issue goes away quickly. Can you pick him up a set of crutches so he could get around or is it too painful to do anything, not just walk on it? FIL gets that sometimes too.

Well ladies - I will go ahead and do biceps & triceps tonight - hope I feel in the mood to add some cardio also . . .

Until later chicadees.

UG

Ok.. first off .. hello to my cyber-pals!!! I had an excellent weekend .. full of cleaning, working out, lounging by the pool :cool: , cooking and visiting w/DH :D that being said was perfect weekend till 10:15 last night .. I got up to shut lights off .. lock up .. went to lock front door to check it .. well didnt realize Buster was laying in floor (he wasnt snoring as per usual to let me know he was down there) .. well .. I TRIPPED over him .. fell . YES AGAIN .. FELL face forward .. my RIGHT hand went in between the chair and ottoman .. fingers went under chair .. thumb got caught on foot of chair .. forearm slid down fabric .. :mad: :eek::eek: :mad: .. So at 10:30 last night I am sitting on couch w/a bag of frozen corn on my wrist/hand .. UGH ... had to sleep w/it over my head to help ease the pain .. today I can move thumb in first joint . not second .. it is swollen around the join and turning blue .. I cant grip anything .. not even a pen :mad: I AM PI$$ED .. WTH????? my forearm has carpet burn and looks bad but is fine .. but the stupid thumb is NOT DOABLE!!! I am popping ibuprofen .. and hoping it is just a sprain or jam... nothing torn .. UGH .. WTH .. I am JUST now over the stupid rib!! .. ok .. I do sense the irony and the fact you cant help but laugh .. sooooo go ahead .. I know .. it is funny .. but not funny b/c darnit .. what am I a KLUTZ from H###?????:eek::mad::(

soooooooo that being said .. I did BH BOBS WORKOUT .. not as bad as I was expecting .. it was the first 30 minute one that was horribly hard .. teh second one not that bad at all ..

Lori .. sorry had to laugh at your DD .. can remember those days well .. she thinks she is grown .. LOL .. but you are still mom!! LOL and dont worry about your MAD AT THE WORLD attitude.. You have ME as a partner .. I have PMS ... and mad at myself for fallilng stupidly and hurting myself again .. mad that the stupid thumb is not working . and mad at how this is gonna affect my working out!! :mad: so I am right there with ya babe .. made at the world!!! LOL

Di .. welcome back to reality .. sucks doesnt it .. LOL .. the one bright spot in my day .. PIA is on VACA :eek: wooohoooooo

Jacque .. my motivation is there .. now IF I could stop FLAILING around like I am GILLIGAN on Gilligan's island .. my body might get there too!!!

Wendy .. how was your weekend .. ??? hope you enjoyed it ..

Hey Punky Jen ... glad you are enjoyed your spa day?? sound like heaven!!!!!

Ok .. better run .. gotta fgiure out what I am gonna do in class .. cant do weights :mad: gggrrrrrrrrr :mad: cant do planks gggrrrrrrrrr :mad: ??? think I may do the LB torture .. no weights high reps w/some plyos .. as long as my heartbeat dont start back in my hand ... UGH .. ok .. wish me luck .. gotta jet .. have a great one!

Hi Girls!

I bailed on lying down with DS.....I am getting super tired of it. Takes up atleast and hour of my night. The whole point was to let him fall asleep alone but now DH is up there with him now. I don't know if I told you guys but he has been super whiny lately. Its driving DH and I mad! He wants something and he whines and whines...."bapple juice....bapple juice....bapple juice"..."watch nickey...watch nickey....watch nickey"..."outside...outside...outside" and he won't SHUTUP until he gets his own way. Right from one phase to another. I haven't really decided which phase I hate the most yet.

Diana** I didn't run that far this a.m! :p It was 10.5km...LOL I wish I had ran 10.5 miles,that would have been some good damage control but I would have been hungry all day so it would have backfired!

Jacque** Hope you get a workout in today!! Gotta start fresh on a monday! Happy to hear you enjoyed your day with the fam.

Laura....Laura....Laura...what can I possibly say??:eek::rolleyes: I thought you were gonna say that you stepped on the dog.And not once during all of that did you blame the dog! LOL Hopefully everything will be ok! hehehehehehehehe!

BB in the a.m!

Quickie report for me . . . S & H Bi's & Tri's done ! Though I can still lift my arms, how come I am matching Cathe and lifting heavier than Brenda? :eek: Am I doing something wrong? Ah well . . . hoping to have some major DOMs in the AM - the forearms are cranky as I type this. :p

Laura - Girl what we gonna do with you, huh? I wasn't laughing . . . first thought your baby wasn't breathing and was getting ready for a sad story - so I am pleasantly happy that wasn't it, but UGH, not that you hurt yourself again ! :confused: You have just burned yourself out so much you aren't being careful enough ! Slow down and give yourself a chance to get going again, OK? Woo Hoo for a great weekend though ! ! ! :p

Lori - thinking DS is old enough to learn to go to sleep by himself. He seems to be training you guys instead of the other way around? ;):rolleyes: My DGS1 is getting quite stubborn and much out of his mouth is NO ! TG his parents don't let him get away with it. Sad when you have to pick your battles with a 3 yr old ! :eek:

Well girls . . . I'll probably be working in the AM so may not post until lunch time. Have a good one.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.