DaMaGe CoNtRoL MONDAY BLAHS!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

I feel much better today and I had an awesome sleep last night! I really needed it!:eek:

Wendy** How was your day with the fam yesterday?? How are you enjoying STS, although you probably have only done one or two workouts so far. Its kinda hard to fit those in in the morning b/c they are so long.

Diana** I think you can afford a couple of rest days. You jam alot in during the week.

Jen** Before I was married my name was Gidge, so DH turned it into gidget:) Never surfed in my life and I can't think I would be any good at it! LOL

Jacque** Holy Moly, you got alot done yesterday morning,even before DH opened his eyes!:eek: I am hoping to gear some stuff up this week for a yard sale even though I am working Sat morning. Yard sales usually don't last very long and we have alot of stuff that can either be sold...or sent to the dump!

I took a much needed rest day yesterday. I did wanted to do a run that was starting @ 2 and it was a fundraiser but when I mentioned it to DH he got all weird about it. We weren't on the best of terms yesterday to say the least. Then I thought maybe I was in the wrong to think I should run on Fathers day but when we were at my MIL"s for dinner, my SIL asked how come I didn't go to the fundraiser earlier that day and they both thought it was weird that DH acted like that.

Anyway....back to work again today. My eating also needs to get back on track...my pants were a wee bit snug last week:eek: and a nice workout this a.m should help.

I worked with some different guys yesterday and I got the scoop that no one is happy and the old man who use to own it before, is still driving everyone nuts and as gotten worse.We thought he was going to make himself scarise after it was sold, but he didn't. Actually, when I went in the other day @ 9:30 he was stood there looking at his watch!:mad: I just ignored him. When there were four girls our day started @ 8...they need to get that time out of their heads!

Enough rambling!!

Lori:)

Good Morning Lori and all who follow.

First let me say that I agree whole-heartedly with Lori's monday morning blahs sentiment!;)

Today I did the Original Tonique w/u drills, squat segment and pre-mat work drills. Then I did 100 reps for upper abs and 120 reps per leg for inner thighs.

Tmrw I am due for M1D2 and wondering how in the world I will accomplish it before work! :confused: By the same token though, having the oomph to do it AFTER work is sooo not promising! Guess I will need to just make it happen some way or another, huh? :eek:

BBL with personals!:)

Good Monday morning !

I have a very short week though will be intense. (off 1/2 day Wed through Fri) 4 meetings scheduled for tomorrow - conference call re: staffing, my second "lead team" and "comp team" meetings and a performance issue (gonna help the production supervisors since the Plant Mgr will be taking off for a few weeks). Ugh ! Then after the meetings we get to go see if we can find Sharks seats closer to the middle (though we are only one section from smack middle right now. Today will be lots of prep work to say no less.

Enjoyed the evening seeing BIL/SIL's new home out in the country and then visit with MIL/FIL. We didn't get home until 9:15 ! :eek: Didn't have any leftovers so threw together quesadillas. Yummy but not good with all the cheese - and I did put lots in there . . . Today will be a mega cardio to make up for it, perhaps an IMax if I don't have too much homework for tomorrow.

Lori - with a good night's sleep why the "blah" today? Hopefully you and DH are over the spat and work won't be too horrible for you. Go get a long run in and the blahs should disappear. Will help with the pants issue too ! :p

Wendy - nice job on the AM workout - at one point I did STS in pieces, more of a 4-5 day split and it helped shorten them enough to fit them into my schedule. Did weights in the AM and then some cardio a few days during the week or on the weekend. Meso 2 is much easier to get it all in.

Diana - did DH and DS enjoy their Father's Day? Wow the girls will be here soon. Have you figured out your "fun" plans for them yet?

Jen - did your DH hit Best Buy y'day?

Time to get moving - until later . . .

Hi ladies,

Well am I ever glad yesterday is over. DH was pretty much pissed at all of us because no one made him breakfast. DS2 cooked ribeyes on the grill and DH wouldn't even come to the table to eat with us. I took his plate down to him and he didn't touch it. As I was cleaning up the kitchen I finally asked if he was going to eat his dinner and he so no. Then he proceeded to go to McDonalds and bring home something to eat.

My arms are sore from yesterday's w/o extravaganza! I did BH long weight w/o and long cardio w/o. The weight w/o is light on legs and back IMO, and chest also. I did not realize the cardio w/o incorporated weights also. I used kettlebells for the cardio w/o, 15, 20, and 30 pound bells. Even though you don't use much weight for the leg sections, my quads are a bit sore this morning.

This morning I'm going to do S&H Chest and maybe triceps if I have time. Need to run to Costco at lunch, bootcamp class tonight. My weight rotation calls for legs on M/Th, but then I struggle in bootcamp class because my legs hurt to bad. Now I'm doing legs on T/F and I'll see how that goes.

Lori-sorry you missed what sounds like a fun run yesterday. That guy's not your boss anymore right, why is he hanging around making everyone miserable? The last 3 or 4 weekends I have been blowing of my w/o's and lazing the day away. It wouldn't be so bad if I was getting more accomplished, but I'm not.

Wendy-In Meso 1, you work in cycles shldr, bi, tri, shldr, bi, tri etc...so even if you have to skip the last few exercises you've still hit every muscle group.

Jacque-how fun to have the gs's stay with you! You will have a blast, and the older is getting old enough to want to go to grandma's house.:D I'm counting down, only a week and a half until my gd's get here.

Laura-What did you do over the weekend? How is your mom doing? I felt a little sentimental yesterday with my dad being gone. DH's dad is gone too and I wonder if that contributed to his behavior yesterday.

PunkyJen-Is DS ready to head off to school? He's probably looking forward to it! It is quite an adjustment, having an empty room in the house.

Better get started on my chest w/o before the time gets away from me.

bbl

Hey Girls

Workout was good today. Did abs, then 5 miles mixed in with some of the weight work from one of the newer dvds I bought.

Wendy** Im not sure how your gonna fit that dvd in either;) I think you should go to bed at 7 and get up at 3!:p You will have lots of time then!!

Jacque** Ah....a short work week but you have to work those buns off to enjoy it. I guess you are cramming whatever you would have done in 5 days in 3.5!

Diana** OMG...I had a little giggle at your DH, although I am sure you wanted to ring his neck;) He sounds a little bit stubborn! LOL The owner that hangs out here, is the FIL of our manager, so that is why is still hangs out. We thought that when the new owners took over he would kind of fade into the back ground but its a force of habit for him. He will even call to see what we have for the day and night...and it doesn't even matter to him anymore. When he was here today he was driving me nuts cause he kept saying that he was leaving and then he wouldn't go!:mad: He kept telling me what each star on a military mans uniform meant! Come on now!! Does he really think I care??

Alright...I may be back later!

Lori:)

UGH .. MONDAY SOOOO SOON????

Hey ...

had a great weekend .. stayed around the house ... SIL and I did Tonique 2 disc 1 and I made it thru it .. but OMG ... was I huffing and puffing ... and had MAJOR DOMS sytdy .... so sore I did nothing ystdy .. DH and I went out to eat SAT night .. had a great time .. it was storming at the house and we lost power .. we just did get ready in time b-4 the power went out .. Sun I spent outside it was gorgeous .. worked on the pool .. then laid inthe pool ... DH got home and he got in w/me .. so it was a nice afternoon ..

Lori .. sounds like your PIA used to be boss is a PIA for everyone!!! GEESH ..

Wendy .. got my shipping notice for Tranier Bob's dvds .. maybe I will have them by the weekend!! woohooo .. bring it on bob!!!

Di .. so DH was being a whinny jerk last night huh? OK .. choosing McDonalds over a steak .. HA .. I dont care how mad I am I am not missing out on a good grilled steak .. NO WAY .. sounds like he got his feelings hurt and was being a big baby!! MEN!!!

Hello to all that follow ..

Today's plan is for step and weights .. and yes gonna try the ab work again tonight .. I am feelling much more myself now .. so gonna attempt it again!!! woohooo

Tar balls are washing up on PC beach now :( :mad: .. they expanded the no fishing in federal waters .. this one might have gotten us .. we are to go fishing this weekend .. we have a wedding SAT morning .. and was hoping to get another fishing trip in .. but looks like it is IFFY now :(

OK .. gotta jet .. have a great one!!! :D

Hey girlies !

Checking in at lunch . . .

Diana - Bummer DH was upset no one made him breakfast. Is it traditional or something? Seems he is a "breakfast" person but surprised he would pass up a nice grilled rib eye? Funny but reminds me of me who expects others to know what I am thinking . . . thought it was the 'Venus' thing, not a 'Mars' thing. Hmmmmmmm. Hope today is better for you and so happy to hear about the DOMS you didn't think you would have ! :p Enjoy Bootcamp tonight !

Lori - great workout girlie ! Feeling better today ? ? ? Ugh your "boss/manager" is a little different, huh?

Laura - good to hear you relaxed and enjoyed yourself this weekend - great way to make the best of a power outage. :p Have a great workout tonight !

Later gators . . .

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.