Damage Control...Monday AGAIN!?! 5/11

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Damage Control Peeps! :D

My head is all clogged up. I feel like I'm in a fog! I hate this! :mad: I got up at 5:15 simply because I couldn't breathe anymore. :rolleyes:

Today's work out is supposed to be cardio but I can't do that if I can't breathe! I want to do an extra leg work out too though so perhaps that's what I will do today if my nose doesn't cooperate.

Jen: I'm so sorry your abs are bothering you. I hope you are at 100% soon! Very smart to lay off for a few days. I am sure I've probably heard the popular songs by these Killer people :)p). I just don't realize it. Okay, we can push the CT weekend back another week. I'll write it on my calendar tentatively and then we can always change it down the line if need be, okay? The fact that you weren't crazy about the food saturday night was probably a blessing in disguise! This way you didn't eat too much AND you had room for MORE WINE!!!!:D:D:D

I guess that's it for now...BBL!
Have a great day!

Last edited:
What a dummie is am!:eek: I started this thread ages ago but gave it the wrong title!!:rolleyes::confused:

Here is what I wrote:

Ugh....Monday!:( And a Monday with snow on the ground...Ugh...Ugh!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last night when we went to bed there was a major thunder and lightening storm on the go. You would have thought rain would have been followed by that....but no....probably hail!:mad: Im sure it won't stay around for long but now I have no clue what to where on my feet to work:confused:

I did STS Disc 1 yesterday (went by a lot faster then the 1st time) and I also went out for a run but 30 mins in it started to snow (and I had DS) so I came home.

Yesterday was also like Christmas for me:) DH bought me a new tank top for running, running capris, 3 packs of socks, jeans, and a new Ipod Nano:D I must be a good mother!!!:p:p I also bought myself a pair of shoes and my MIL gave me some money.

Wendy** What are the plans for the day? I doubt you are up this early trying to start the thread;) Its 5'ish where you live now. Oh how I wish I was still snuggled in my bed:eek:

Jen** My hangover was sleep related I think. I only had 4 drinks but I did drink them rather fast b/c a "friend" of mine was coming and we are on the outs. So in order for it not to be uncomfortable, I had to get smashed:rolleyes: JK! Its so much easier if the kids go out for the night but DS hasn't slept anywhere else yet.

Jackie** What benefits have you seen from STS so far? You are getting close to the end????:)

Diana** DId you stay away from the desserts yesterday? I had a small peice but after dinner I was stuffed. I think it was all the water I was drinking when I was eating.

I will bbl to report my workout. I am just planning a cc and abs!

Lori:)

Back again! Just wanted to report my workout. I did CC# 7. I didn't do the cool down so I ran 6 miles in 56 mins. I am looking forward to training for races again this yr.

Wendy** Hope you feel better soon!

Lori:)

Mornin' Ladies,

I had a great Mother's day. We didn't eat breakfast until noon which worked out great for me. I had plenty of time to drink my coffee, get my workout in and shower. Then we headed over to MIL's at 1:30 and ate around 3. I didn't eat too much cuz I wasn't very hungry. I did have a small piece of dessert, but with all the other food damage yesterday I don't really think it mattered.

Oh, the box on the table was a wii fit! I had asked for one for Xmas but didn't get it. Probably because they were so hard to find during that time. My wii fit age is 10 years older than my real age. It said I needed to work on my strength and balance. I'm certainly hoping to improve on that number.

When we got home from MIL's I did SBT. This is the workout that had my triceps DOMing for a week! I was even able to go heavier this time thanks to the weighted gloves. I was able to do bicep curls with 49.5lbs. I'm heading down now for KPC with my weighted gloves, I'm looking forward to seeing how hard it is. At lunch I'm going to try to get to the rec ctr for heavy leg training.

Wendy-Sorry about the stuffy nose. Hope it clears up soon for yah!

Jen-best to take a rest day and let you abs recover. Hope it's nothing serious.

Lori-I noticed meso 1 discs were slow going when I first did them to. I didn't know what was coming next and wasn't prepared yet. You like heavy lifting so you will really like meso 3. I can definitely see a difference in my upper body. Wow, you made out like a princess! Great job on that run!!

Time to w/o!!! Have a great day ladies. BBL

Morning Ladies ..

Sounds like all of you had a wonderful mother's day .. DH is on nights .. so me, MY DB and SIL took my mother and my aunt (the nice one- she is like a mom/sis to me) out to eat and a movie! It was a nice day . . My mom and DN went to see Monsters v/s Aliens and my mother had not been to a movie in 30 years .. this one was 3 -d .. she had a BLAST..all of us went to see Star Trek .. :eek:.. EXCELLENT movie ... action packed and FUNNY which I wasnt expecting .. was a really good movie!! I pigged out on popcorn :eek: but something I ate must have been bad b/c I had a MAJOR attack/battle of the tummy .. OMG the worse I have had since I ate a bad oyster .. so that put a damper on the day but glad everyone else had a great time!!

Wendy .. tell DS a belated Happy Birthday for me ... I know he had a blast .. as did you!!! I had a bit much on the CABS FRI night .. after DH left me and VBF got on the phone and enjoyed some CABS and talked until 1:30 that morning :confused: she is going thru a kinda tough patch her DH lost his hearing (long story) but he is not handling it well or adjusting well ..

Lori .. glad you had a great weekend to ..oooohhhhhh can see why you inhaled a couple of CABS visiting w/a strained relationship is a toughie .. you never know .. could go terribly wrong .. or exceedingly good .. hope yours was the later!!!

Di .. think your Wii is wrong on your "age" .. NO WAY girl as much as you workout and as heavy as you lift???? GMAB!!!! Me thinks the Wii is lying!!! but kudos to DH for a wonderful gift!!!

Jacque .. DH on nights so did not get me anything from my furbabies .(we have to forgive him on midnights .his mind doesnt act or react very well)... . but my babies gave me plenty of loving wet kisses when I got home .. LOL ..

Jen .. glad you are heading the docs advice .. listen to your body .. dont overdo (I know I sound like a broken record) ... it is easy to dish out advice about taking it easy .. but harder to DO IT .. LOL .. but know it is for the better!!!

Thanks for thinking of me everyone .. I kinda get left out on mothers day .. even though my DN came over spent the afternoon w/me SAT and we had a blast .. then SUN we all celebrated together .. I felt special enough (minus the freaking tummy woes) ...

I did manage PLYO legs SAT .. but no w.o to report SUN .. nothing but added calories and a rebellious tummy .. :confused:.. today is a power walk at lunch .. then tonight will be circuit class w/triple set shaping :D

OH .. Pia is due back this week :( .. she called in to say she had to be off TUE - WED and FRI .. WTH???? just stay your sorry arse at home :mad:... nothing will ever change w/pia~!!

Have a great one ladies .. I will try to be back later and check in to see whats up ...:D

Good Afternoon, ladies!

The boss just shut her door so I have a few minutes to post :)

I'm draggin' my butt around today! After a busy weekend and then no workout this morning, I just can't seem to find any energy. I'll be hittin' the sack early tonight for sure.

Wendy: Yes, we'll shoot for that weekend and adjust as necessary. Sorry to hear you're feeling like cr*p today :( Is it a cold or allergies? The abs are feeling a bit better today, and my fingers are crossed for a workout in the a.m. Did you decide to take it easy today?

Lori: I completely support your strategy for dealing with the friend you are on the outs with!! Much easier to laugh things off over a few drinks. You're doing something right, girl...glad to hear DH treated you so well yesterday. Great workout for you today.

Diana: Sounds like you scored nicely yeaterday, too! I have the Wii Fit and really like it. It can be a lot of fun. I think you need to post pictures of your biceps ;) I'll bet you have some nice guns after lifting all that weight!

Laura: Hope you're feeling better today! I empathize with tummy troubles for sure :( Some friends of mine went to see Star Trek yesterday, too, and they love it also. I'm not a Trekkie but just might have to get to the theater for this one with all the excitement over it.

K, gotta scoot before I get bagged, but will BBL after dinner! ttyl~

Jen

Oh somebody shoot me and put me out of my misery...PLEASE!!! :eek: I took 2 kinds of meds today and neither one did much of anything for my head! :mad: That being said, no work out today. I don't want to waste one when I KNOW it'll be a sad effort. I have 2 rest days to take this week anyway so I might as well take one now and if I don't feel any better I'll be taking the 2nd one tmrw! :rolleyes:

Ok, done complaining now! :p

Jen: TBH I have no idea if it's a cold or allergies. LOL I always say it's a cold but who knows!? I've never been tested for allergies. I can say though that I see what people with allergies go through. It's on going for them through out the "season" and for me, I get like this for a few to several days and then it's overwith and I am absolutely fine for months! This leads to believe that it's NOT allergies but again, I'm not positive on that count. I'm crossin' all body parts possible for your work out tmrw morning. Please do the same for me, k? ;) The CT weekend is marked down!!!:D

Laura: WOW, 30 years without going to the movies!? That's a long time! :p We saw M vs A but dagnamit it wasn't in 3D! I'm sure that was way cool! I'm jealous! :D Thanks for the B'day wishes for Joey. They aren't actually belated as he doesn't really turn 4 until Thursday! :)

Diana: Yay for the Wii Fit. I'd like to get that some day too. Glad you had a nice Mother's Day.

Lori: Sorry about the snow! That's gotta stink! :eek: Good job with your CC work out this morning. I think I'd die if I tried to do one of those right now! LOL

Gotta get a move on...taking Joey to a function at school for 6pm and we still need to eat something for dinner! :eek:

BBL or in the morning.

Hey Ladies,

I'm happy to report that I made it to the rec ctr for heavy leg training. I was a little disappointed I can't lift as much as I was doing before.
Lying leg curls: 80X12, 90X10, 90X10, 80X12
Squats:45X16, 95X16, 95X16, 95X16 (was doing 115 before:mad:)
Lunges:3 sets 65X16
Deadlift: 3 sets 65X10
Standing calf raises: 3 sets 90X20 slow and controlled.
Plie Squats: 3 sets 50X10, varied speed, 2 up 2 down, 4 up 4 down etc. The plie's were hard going at a slow pace.

I used my weighted gloves for KPC this morning and didn't notice much of a difference. This could change by tomorrow when I wake up with sore shoulders.

Jen-hope you feel good enough to work out tomorrow. I can see a difference in my biceps, especially where the arm bends at the lower end of the bicep. I don't have the body type that shows definition very easily. Thank goodness we only do 7 reps too.

Laura-nice of you to take out Mom and nice Aunt. I'm sure they had a great time. It's something they wouldn't do on their own. Hope your tummy is feeling better by now. I have stomach problems if DS gets the popcorn and puts that grease on it, it really tears up my stomach.

Wendy-hope you feel better soon. For me, a good cardio w/o really opens up the sinuses for a while at least. Of course if my head is killin' me then working out doesn't usually happen.

bbl

Thanks, ladies, for the good workout vibes you're sending me :D I'm still sore tonight, so I'm going to hold off on the weights for one more day, but I think I'll at least get on the treadmill in the morning. The doc put no restrictions on the running :cool:

Wendy: I get the same way every year when the pollen pops, and I never know whether its a cold either. I'm sending you <<<clear head>>> vibes and hopes for a good workout tomorrow!

Diana: That's a great leg workout! Don't worry, you'll get back up to your old numbers again. Maybe you were just having an "off" night. You kick butt on those lunges, too!

Turning in pretty soon. Will be back in the a.m.

Jen

Heya ladies !

It's quite late but didn't have time to post yet - though I read most of the posts during a really quickie lunch. Had to cut it short since I had my teeth cleaned midAM.

Finished most of C&B but cannot do the incline BB presses and the back is achy so I skipped those two exercise rounds. Not sure, think I'll just do another set of flat bench presses or anyone have any better idea for me? The incline makes the bones in my shoulders grind over each other (if that makes any sense - it hurts as I do it so I just will not). TIA for any help on that one !

Wendy - sorry about the stuffiness and I know exactly what you mean. A "heavy" head only hurts terribly when I try to work out. Though my nose "runs" a bit when I workout, it doesn't run enough when I have a cold. Have you tried some homemade chicken noodle soup with carrots? Help drain my sinuses every time ! I think it helps my colds go away quicker too ! May be an old wives tale, but I swear but it the last few years.

Lori - way to go on the gifts yesterday ! How sweet of DH ! Sorry you felt uncomfy around your friend - WTH, I will use any reason I can think of for an extra glass or three of vino ! :p Hope the snow dissapates quickly and spring arrives for you soon ! At least you got a decent run in yesterday and then did CC today. I feel like I have made some great strength gains with STS so far. And today I added another 5% in weight to the exercises I did - that was up and over the 5% I added last week. I couldn't believe I curled 45 lbs for 4 sets of 8 reps y'day. Prior to that I struggled with 35 lbs. My chest work is much higher as well as back too. All in all - I just feel lots stronger and I can see more muscle. Now if I could ditch the 5 lbs of fluff I just added ontop of what I already had, man oh man would I look buff ! ;) Perhaps one day . . . :rolleyes:

Diana - how nice you got a Wii - I am quite thoroughly :confused: how you can be behind by 10 years though? You did great with the weights today, whether you think so or not. When you were lifting heavier, were you doing sets of 16? I thought that sets with that high of a rep were for endurance. That's quite a bit of weight for endurance isn't it? I bet if you do plyo legs and hit the rec ctr for a couple weeks you'll be right back where you were. Besides, I still think you ROCK ! ! ! :D You need to let me count for something ! LOL ! :p

Laura - good to hear you had some good times for Mother's Day weekend. Sorry DH had to work such ugly shifts, but "girlie" weekends are good too ! Bet it was fun to have your niece around for a while. Hope the belly has calmed down for you.

Jen - Sorry you have some soreness (think I missed that somewhere) but hope it is better for an easy workout tomorrow. And, of course, that you got some well needed rest. You must have just over done it - remember you just went back to work, okie dokie !

Well, time for din din. See y'all in the AM !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.