Damage Control....Monday.

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Morning.

Just getting us started before I work out. CLX weights on tap but my arms are still on fire so I think I am going to give 'em another day to recover before I hit the heavy weights with 'em again. That being said, I rented a kickbox dvd from NetFlixx so I think I'll tackle that this morning instead.

BBL~

Good Morning!:)

Awesome sleep last night and I didn't get called into work! We can save some of our call outs and use them at other times but I used all 6 of mine yesterday. That's 24 hours at time and a half. I have to work 5 days straight next week so I am sure to get more call outs in those 5 days:confused: . I think when I got my pay check last week I already had over $2500 in OT since April.

Glad you girls are on the clean eating challenge with me!!:eek: Makes starting today much easier. I didn't start yesterday b/c I was surrounded my cookies at work. So....today is the day.

I was hoping to get my long run in today but DS woke up with the cold. Its very strange b/c we both had a touch of it last week. Yesterday his eye kept running (Which was odd) but wasn't pink or even irritated. Then when he woke up this morning he is totally stuffed up. His eyes are puffy but I think that is from being sleepy, I guess. I don't think his eye is watering now and he is in a good mood. But I don't think I can send him to school like that. Unless he makes a turn around, he will be staying home with me.

Wendy** How was your workout this morning? And how was that yummy supper DH cooked?

Diana** I am trying to figure out how to do STS with another workout. Of course I wouldn't add anything to leg day but UB I will. I may try a one body part per day rotation or something like that. Hope work isn't stressing you out to much. I love traditional abs work as well.

Jacque** My mom kepts hounding me to train DS before he was ready and it was such a pain! When my sister was home, my mom claimed that she was gonna have her son trained before they went back. He isn't even 2 yet! My mom is such a wing nut! Needless to say she wasn't successful. In my eyes your only causing more work for yourself when a child isn't ready. I did it twice before it worked. The final straw was when he peed all over the vaccum so I called my mom and told her I was done. SHe knew I was ticked so she didn't say anything at the time. Couple hours later she called back to tell me that it could take up to 8 months to train a child:mad:!! Ugh! Anyway...he seems to be doing good at night. I don't know if he is "getting it" or if its the lack of fluids that is doing it. Nice workout yesterday!

Well...everyone had good workouts yesterday besides for me! Another reason why I was hoping to get a long run in today. I am going to size it up and I may just do something here in the next hour or so.

I will bbl!

Lori:)

I'm back.

So I did CIA: Criss Cross Cardio that I rented from NetFlix. It's kickbox with a brazilian flare I guess you could say. I liked it. It was broken down into kickbox cardio, standing abs (obliques) and standing work which is lower body focused conditioning drills using moves from capoeira. Total dvd time is 67 mins. I skipped the last 5-10 mins of the k/b because she put several kicking/punching combos together and my brain couldn't handle it the first time through. It was still a great work out though! Used weighted gloves. OUCHEES! :eek:

Lori:: Sorry DS has another cold. Hope he kicks it fast! Love the $$$$ that O/T brings home. I don't work O/T but DH does and the $$$$ is fantastic! The hours/life can really stink but the paychecks are awesome, aren't they?

BBL~

Hi ladies,

DS has misplaced his bike lock key...so he can't ride his bike to school until he finds the key. He doesn't take very good care of anything...and it is very frustrating. It messes up my morning routine when I have to take him to school.:mad:

Cardio is on the rotation for today, think it will be lowmax or another step w/o.

Wendy-glad you liked your new kickbox dvd! I always like trying new instructors, but Cathe is my mainstay.

Lori-I'm going to have throw in a total body weight w/o, just for my own sanity. DS will be potty trained when he is ready. I didn't have any trouble potty training with my boys but they say boys are usually a bit older than girls when they finally get it. My granddaughters are potty trained now and they will be 3 in Jan.

Off to start a super busy Monday!

Diana:: Sorry about DS losing the key for his bike lock. IKWYM about messing up your morning routine. That's a bummer. I feel for you. Hope you were able to work out some of the frustration with your cardio this morning. Now that I enjoyed the w/o I did this morning I have to decide if I want to buy it or not! :p I have been doing a lot of Cathe work outs lately. I love her too but I crave the variety over all.

So are we supposed to be sharing our eats this week, Lori?? I will start us off now and if you all want to join in then I will continue. If not, then I will stop right here. ;)

B: 1/4 c oatmeal, 1 tbsp natural p/b, dash of splenda/ coffee/ water

S: 1 serving graham crackers w/cheese on top / coffee / water

This really stinks. I feel like crap again and I am convinced it's because I am sitting still at my desk and not moving around. I felt soooo much better when I was on the go all weekend then I do right now! :(:(:( I hope this day goes by fast and when I get home I am NOT sitting down until it's time for bed! :p

Hey Girls,

Just hanging out and waiting for DD to come home from school so she can watch DS while I run. She should be here in 40 mins or so.

Wendy** Nice workout this a.m. I never did buy any weighted gloves after. I asked my sister for them for my b-day but she gave me money instead and told me that if I still wanted to gloves I had to buy them out of that:confused:;) LOL Hope your feeling better now!!! Ugh! Just when you thought you were over it. I get sluggish when I sit for to long.

Diana** DS is trained, just not in the night time. Although he as went to bed the last 4-5 nights with no pull up on and he hasn't had any accidents. He has been trained for a while. I hear on the kids not taking care of things to. DD still hasn't found her glasses and Im not convinced she has looked for them either. She woke me up at 7:30 to ask where her ring was cause she couldn't find that either! It always magically disappears from the last place she seen it!

So far today I have had a whole wheat bagel with peanut butter and a little jam....and half a cookie!:confused: Im going to eat some sport beans now to prepare for my run.
I will bbl!

LOri:)

L (noonish): tuna w/mayo on 1 slice whole wheat bread / salad (lettuce tomato cheddar cheese almonds craisins l/f asian dressing) - (I only ate half the tuna and half the salad. Saving the rest for a snack later.)

Lori:: You ate once since you posted and maybe 2 times by now. I've eaten for the 3rd freakin' time today and it was a struggle to wait as long as I did for lunch! :eek: Enjoy your run!

Hi ladies,

I did CCC this morning and subbed a couple of the ab routines. I did not prepare my food for the week so will be winging it-at least for today anyway.

Did you preview the new workouts??? They look pretty good, can't wait to get them.

We had to postpone the launch of the project I'm working on.:mad: My coworker and are scheduling a meeting with our boss to escalate the issue. One of our divisions is quite difficult to work with and we don't have any power to make them get what we need done in a timely manner.

B-1 egg, 2 eggwhites, coffee
L-brkfast burrito w/egg, potato & ham

Wendy-oh no, hope you feel better soon. Maybe you need a few days rest to really recover. You just don't realize your not 100% because you are too busy.

Lori-hope you have a great run today. The temp here is in the low 70's, perfect for running.

bbl

S: Apple and rest of lunch (tuna and salad).

Diana:: You could very well have a point regarding why I felt better over the weekend but because I am only having standard cold symptoms, if I am not too tired and feel well enough to work out when I get up in the morning I will likely continue to do it. I personally think this thing just has to run it's course regardless and therefore can't justify taking more rest days. Yes, I know. I am stubborn! :p lol I am trying to shorten it with vits and airborne though and also making sure I get to bed early enough. Hopefully it will be over soon. We are leaving friday for Myrtle Beach and I would like to feel like myself again for it. Time will tell....Good luck with the work issues. That must be quite frustrating for you. Hopefully your boss can help to straighten things out. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Hey there ladies !

Y'day before we went to niece's BDay dinner I did Leaner legs minus abs (since I did them with SJP Sat). Legs are a bit DOMy going up the stairs - Yippee ! Today will be Step Blast. Can't wait for work to be over so I can exercise ! Can't believe half the day is gone and I only got one thing done - haven't opened my emails yet ... talked to one supervisor for an hour (UGH!) and need to meet with boss. How do I fit my own work in here ? ? ? :eek:

Wendy - good workouts ! did ya' decide on purchasing the CIA? By now you are almost ready to go home . . . hope you can get a good night's sleep - you must be feeling better if you are hungry . . . ;) It will all help in the long run.

Lori- hope you had a good run. LOL but training myself rather than the kid is not the way to go . . . not sure why some try to do it that way. Good to hear DS is doing well at night. That is the last bit and you're nearly home free cuz he'll be 18 before you know it. :p Woo Hoo on the OT ! ! ! DH has been getting lots lately - me, I need to up my base to make more per hour than I am recently. That will be nice for sure !

Diana - bummer about the key issue - can he walk ? ? ? or maybe you can charge him for the time you spend by making him do one of your chores . . . like laundry ! That's what I used to do to my kids. Tit for tat ! You take my time, I take yours in return. Hope the meeting goes well and you get what you need soon so you can get back to "normal".

Laura - how are you after the weekend ? ? ?

Breakfast: 1 TB ground flax, 1 cup milk w/protein powder, coffee and 1 1/2 cups dry Cheerios (got up late and wasn't hungry before I left for work)

Lunch: Costco chicken patty, salad w/LF ranch dressing

Dinner: will be catfish tacos: La Tortilla LF hi Pro Low carb tortilla, grilled catfish, homemade salsa al fresco, avocado, LF sour cream

Probably a couple MGD 64's too :rolleyes:

If I need a snack before my w/o it will be Granny Smith apple with PB

Jacque:: Love that you are looking forward to your work out tonight! I find myself looking forward to the next morning's work out when I get into bed the night before! Are we exercise nerds or what!? :p Yup, got 45 minutes left here. 5 oclock can't come soon enough! I wanna buy the CIA vid but I also wanna buy atleast 5 others as well so who knows what I'll end up choosing in the end! :D Don't feel bad about your MGD 64's. I drink a glass of wine every night and it has just as many cals as 2 MGD's but the cals don't count b/c it's food for the soul, not the stomach! ;)

Last edited:
Back to report that even though I stayed at work until 6 PM I still came home and did my Step Blast ! Woo Hoo, showered and now waiting for DH to cook the fish. Thinking the coals burned out since 45 min AFTER I stopped working out he still had not put the fish on the grill ! Gets waaaaayyyy too wrapped in searching for Hot Wheels on line. So it is after 8 PM, I have to try to catch up on a few things (TG I'm able to borrow a laptop so I can do it comfortably!:p) and get to bed early. Was too tired this AM to be any good at all.

Wendy - Yeppers - exercise nerds fits but I love it just the same. Haven't felt like one for a while so will happy to make it so again. # days working out in a row. Hope that doesn't jinx it. Tomorrow is a 45 min SS run. Will be at the other location in the afternoon and have a feeling it will be another late evening.

Will fit it in somehow !

Doubt anyone will be back this late - so signing off with a "Good Morning" as I don't think I'll be back until tomorrow nite.

Toodles girls !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.