Damage Control...Monday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies.

I was last to post last night so go check it out if you haven't already.

Gonna do lower body floor work today cause that's my only choice right now! LOL

I am totally enjoying my nice strong cup of CAFFEINATED java. I'm on cup #2 and I'm in love. lol So much so that my motivation to work out is non-existant but I will do it anyway! :p

Bloat is finally going bye-bye. I feel and look almost completely normal again! The scale is still up a bit but it's headed in the right direction and I feel better then I have in a month! WOO HOO! I've got my body back! :D

Now I can't wait for my foot to get to the point where I can lace up and get a good sweat again before the lack of cardio starts to take it's toll!!!!:eek:

Well, BBL!

Last edited:
Good Morning!:)

Its almost 10 a.m here and DS is still asleep!:eek: I think he is catching up on the sleep he missed the night before.So we all had a good nap. The phone woke us up at 9 but we didn't get to bed until after 1 b/c I had to go back to work.

I am trying to decide if I should follow one of Hal Higdons training programs that is in my book or follow the same training program I did the last time. Either way this time, I will do hill repeats outside. I did them on the TM last time which was fine because I could keep my speed up but I will try something different. Also going to do speed work. Doesnt work outside real well for me but I may mix it up a bit. Im leaning towards Mon,Wed,& Fri being weight days. Mon being FUB(heavy), Wed being LB and Fri being shoul,bic,and tris again. That is somewhat of a rotation I have came up with.

Wendy**I almost died with laughter when I read what you had been drinking! Makes total sense. I get headaches without coffee as well. When we would go to cuba I would have a coffee break and break my addiction but the moment I got off the plane it was straight to tim hortons. Im not addicted to tims anymore but I have to have my own in the a.m. I do feel like tims gives me a better kick in the rear in the morning though. Happy to hear your body is returning:D Doesnt take to long!

Diana** Yummy brunch! I have a few good recipes if you ever want them. I loved baked french toast. Sad day on wed!!! We will be here for you!!

DS is awake now...ready to start his day! Im not sure what we will do today, its raining! Won`t be a good day for him!

BBL!
Lori:)

Hi Ladies,

Is it Monday already... This morning calls for Pure Cardio, lunch is Chest, triceps and abs and bootcamp tonight. I'm considering switching my weight training to 2 full body w/o's per week. My goal when adding back in the lunch w/o's was to drop some weight. I've only lost about 3 #'s in 6 weeks which is why I decided to do Insanity.

My company is changing it's benefits plan for next year as I'm sure many companies are. In order to get benefit dollars (company dollars towards insurance) you have to have normal cholesteral, blood pressure and BMI. If you fall outside of these threshholds you can still obtain your benefit dollars by having 3 phone calls with a wellness coach. They are testing cholesteral with a finger prick, we all know those aren't accurate. Also, they are using a machine for the blood pressure...not sure how accurate that is.

Wendy-had to laugh at your post...sorry about the mix up. I'm addicted to caffeine as well and need my 1-2 cups per day. Glad the increased cardio is working for you.

Lori-I would love your brunch recipes. We usually have several throughout the year, mother's day, xmas or xmas eve, birthday etc. I used Hal Higdon's program and liked it. It was 4 days of running and that's about all I could handle. I tried speed work outside and it was really hard for me. The temps have been in the mid 90's and are going to be there this week too.....which is way too hot for me to run outside.

Jacque-how was the Garlic Festival???

Laura-how did you spend your Anniversary Weekend? Hope DH is feeling much better from his test.

PunkyJen-What are you up to this week?

Pure Cardio...here I come!

Hello again.

So I did BBL High and Tight w/u and floor work. I used the band around my shins for the warm up and did it barefoot. I wanted to use ankle weights and put them on my shins but was afraid they would fall down and irritate my ankle where the tat is so I didn't use them. I put a 3# db on the inside of my knee for the bent knee exercises and then went weight free for the rest. It was still a good work out. Also did some standing ab work since it's easier on the belly button. No irritation at all. :)

Lori:: I can't believe your DS slept that late! WOW! My son is a great sleeper but he never slept that late! Good for you! Good luck keeping him busy in the rain today! :p

Diana:: Enjoy PC for me today! Can't wait to be able to run and jump like a lunatic again! ;) Wow they really are cracking down on the bennies at your job. If they are going to do that then they really should test everyone in the most accurate way possible but guess what...it probably will cost them more so they won't do it! :mad:

Hi Girls!

Quick checkin. Half of my workout done and my arms are fried! Im gonna be so sore tomorrow...or maybe even tonight. Going heavier really does the trick for me. I did CTX UB but also need to get cardio in. Im debating when and what to do. If DD wakes up soon maybe I will ask her to watch DS for me.

Wendy** you have alot of things to watch out for when working out:eek: I know what you mean about the ankle weights. Mine always slide down and it bugs me so much. They were different from the last ones I had and of course I liked the other ones better!

Diana** When I get the time I will email you some recipes. I had Boxing day brunch here a couple of years ago and I must have had 3-4 french toast dishes. One was caramel pecan and another was apple creamcheese. DIET FOOD!:p But who is watching what they eat christmas time? Are you worried about the testing? You don't have high chloestrol, do you? I have learned from my studies that some people still have it even though they workout and eat right...didn't know if you fell in that catagory!

I may bbl! My cousin is home with her baby and my aunt is having a baby shower for her. I am debating going. Problem is its over an hours drive away and the roads are wet. Those combos aren't good when driving in the dark. Im going to call my mom to see what she thinks. I can tell you right now what she is gonna think. She doesn't know Im considering going so she will want me to go,want me to bring DS and tell me to drive safe! If I were going anywhere else...she would lose her mind!

Lori:)

Hi ladies,

Since I'm taking a couple more days vacation this and working from home on Friday, I've decided to do heavy legs at the rec ctr today. May regret it during bootcamp tonight but it is my only opportunity, and I can't do heavy leg work at home.

Wendy-oh my, ankle weights..hardly ever use them. I do use them in B&G and L&G but that's about it. They are tough tough IMO. Nice job getting back into the groove of things after your vacation and tattoo!

Lori-would love the recipes. We have a caramel pecan but that apple cream cheese sounds heavenly. I don't usually have a problem with blood pressure or cholesterol, but BMI is a whole 'nother story. I think I may be okay here but will have to see. What can I say, I'm a "hippy chick".:) I'm hoping Insanity will do the trick here. My test is scheduled for the end of August, about 6 weeks into Insanity. I'll be fine as long as they don't tell me I need to exercise more. Drive safe if you go to the shower.

bbl

So I'm not sure what I'll be doing tmrw for a work out. I really want to do some cardio but not sure binding my foot up in sox and sneakers and sweating is the right choice right now even if it's mild....I suppose I should wait a couple more days for that!

Lori and Diana:: I love using my ankle weights. Especially with BBL High and Tight. I was just worried that they would irritate my tat. I can't wait until it's all healed (along with my bb) so that I can do whatever my heart desires and not have to worry about anything anymore! SOON! I can feel it! The day is coming!!!!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.