Damage Control...Monday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Peeps. :)

I was going to rest today but after last night's dinner (see below!), I may work out after all. ;)

So we went to an early dinner y'day at PF Chang's and from there we went and saw the movie Up in 3D. Cute movie and it was neat to watch it in 3D. :cool:

I made my 10k step goal w/o having to march in place y'day. LOL

Guess that's all for now. I'll catch up on any personals from y'day later on. Time to get breakfast ready for me and the kid! :D

Toodles!

Good Morning!

Popping in to report thirty minutes on the elliptical this morning. It has been so long since I used it that I almost forgot I had one :eek:

Yesterday was a phenomenally lazy day for me. I didn't even make it to 4000 steps for the day. Even took a nap in the afternoon. And wouldn't you know...I'm still super tired today :rolleyes:

Will bbl after I get a little work done. Hoping that it stays dry enough to get out for a walk at lunch.

Jen

Hello Ladies ..

Man have I ever been stressed!! My mother has been in CCU .. and just got moved to a room ystdy - she had complications from prv surgery - was bleeding in her stomach then ulcers around the old sutures caused more bleeding .. they have been giving her transfusions .. her blood count is still low .. she is to have another upper GI to see if meds worked to stop bleeding .. they may have to redo surgery ??? .. guess upper GI will determine that ... I look for them to do a lower GI also ?? .. I am at work to catch up some ..then going back to take her some stuff and then come back to work .. ahhhhhhhhh .. has been very stressful! It is just me and my brother so we are alternating days .. the hospital is about 2 hours from our house .. and one hour from my job .. soooooo .. it is hard for us both to get there ..

I HOPE to come back to work .. and try to teach tonight .. ya'll it has been TWO weeks w/NO exercise to mention :eek::confused::(. other than stress ... mytummy of course has been rebelling between the cold and the stress it is ridiculous .. ready for it to recoup ..

I get back to work and there has been a major upheaval .. not sure what is going on but 2 workers are out on discipline (one was PIA in training) .. so we are once again short handed of all things .. :(

OK .. gotta run ... have not caught up on personals forgive me .. thanks for the positive vibes for my Mom .. keep 'em coming! She is not out of the woods yet by no means ... she is so stubborn she was in CCU telling the nurses she had to be at work MON .. :confused: .. I swear!!! LOL Have a great one .. and I will try to get back for personals!!:)

Hi Ladies,

I already had to make a change to the rotation. I had to be at work early today so I did 20 min on the elliptical. I figured that was better than nothin?

I had planned on going to the rec ctr for heavy leg training today but DH called and wants me to run to Costco. Although I've already missed 4 bootcamp classes I hope to make it tonight. We are still have rain, hail and even tornadoes every afternoon. Today is supposed to be the last of it for a while though. It is looking pretty dark outside now but will probably clear up in time for class.

Wendy-We have a PF Chang's here too but I've never been. Sounds like you had a great day with the family. Gotta love those days!

Jen-I don't use my elliptical as much as I though I would either. I do love having it though and it was great for a short workout this morning!

Laura-Your mom must be getting a bit stronger if they've moved her out of CCU. It's nice that you and your brother can alternate days. Hope she feels better real soon. I'm sure you'll feel much better after inflicting torture on your class tonight!

bbl

Hi girlie girls!!

I'm sneakin' in for a quickie while the boss has her door shut ;)

Laura: So sorry to hear what you've been dealing with! Hope your mom recovers quickly. I'll bet she's a toughie if she's anything like you and she'll be back on her feet soon. Take care of yourself though, and try not to run yourself ragged!

Wendy: So did you rest or workout? I'll bet I already know the answer to that. How's the step count today? I passed 10k at 1:15...much better than yesterday.

Jacque: DSO and I have been together for four-ish years now. We're in the beginning stages of building a house together, and we've thrown around the marriage idea, but we're holding off until my kids are older mainly because my kids will be entitled to more financial aid for college if I'm unmarried. How's your back feeling today?

Diana: I've never been to Vegas, but Foxwoods is super clean and pure luxury, which is why I love it. I do enjoy gambling a bit, but I go more for the food, drinks, shopping, and luxurious living. I find it a lot of fun. You might enjoy those things in Vegas as well, plus some good sun I'll bet!

Lori: By heavy bags I mean suitcases, unfortunately. Between mine and the kids, I couldn't dump it all on DSO ;) No major shopping for me this time. To be honest, there's nothing I really need right now. I've kind of had my fill over the past couple months. Did you ever get out for that run yesterday?

Gotta get back to work. Two more hours :confused: Ugh.

Will check back in later~

Jen

:rolleyes:Hiya Girliefriends !

Another day off work would have been good as I just vegged y'day after the kids left. Took a nap and then watched HGTV. That was about it. Unlike me but I was a bit tired from staying up late (for an old lady ;)).

Hit the TM this AM for a 2 mile jog and hit about 3300 steps. Only at about 5,000 so far so not sure how the day will end. Perhaps I'll need a walk later.

Wendy - well hopefully the steps will help alleviate some of the PF Chang's not quite so healthy foods (I guess as I have never been there but heard it is a fast food Chinese place?). If you workout today and drink lots of water you'll be back to normal tomorrow, right? :p What is the movie about? Not sure I have seen those previews yet . . . Hope your day went well.

Jen - Looks like we were on nearly the same page yesterday, huh? LOL - I don't even know where my boss is today . . .:confused: The back is feeling pretty good today - guess laying around all day yesterday helped? Well 4 years is quite a while then. So are your kids getting close to college age ? For some reason I thought they were still youngish . . . It would be nice to look ahead for financial help I guess. Wasn't aware they would use a non-parents income for that. Guess it will be even tighter these days now.

Great job on walking so much already ! Man, I'd have to run a couple hours to get it in that quickly.

Laura - soooo sorry about Mom. Hope you give us some good news soon. Try not to run yourself so ragged (though I know how hard it is !) Can't they figure something out at work - I mean with your great attendance they should try to help you a bit here ! Make your boss get PIA to cover for you for once ! Will send more <<< Healing Vibes >>> to Mom and <<< Stressless vibes >>> for you. Take care and don't even think about not having worked out. The stress will use enough adrenaline as it is ! ;) Make sure you get enough to eat so you keep up your energy lady ! ;)

Diana - I'm not even sure what I have on tap for the rotation today. Should be a leg workout I think. Good for you getting a good 20 min in this AM. Hope you can make it to class tonight. That should get you going again after you weren't feeling well last week. Don't overdo it now ! :p

I saw the big hail stones on the news yesterday in Denver ! Man oh man what a great way to begin summer, huh? We haven't had much warm weather yet either - usually have had quite a bit by now. May get a little bit of showers tonight, we'll see.

Lori - Hope your day has been a good one !

Back to work for me also - got a couple things to get done this afternoon.

Hello Ladies.

Well, I'm counting today as an active rest day. I took a 20 minute walk with DS when DH got home from work at 4pm. I then went to the gym to take a 5:30pm pilates class and walked on the TM for the 10 minutes I had to "kill" before the class started. I moved but not enough to call it a real work out IMO so active rest day it is! :)

I think my plan for the rest of week is as follows:

T: 4DS Bootcamp Cardio Only
W: 4DS Bi/Tri Weight Work Only + evening work out at gym with BF. Will be both weights and cardio.
R: Cardio of choice
F: 30 Day Shred or some f/b weights or circuit work out of choice.
S: A/C (rest day!)

Gotta give DS a bath before he starts to ferment! :p

BBL to or in the morning to catch up with personals! Promise! :)

Back to report B & G done and needed another 3500 steps so hit the TM after dinner for 1/2 an hour. Still not heading for bed yet but taking off the ped that's at 10.3K. If I can keep this up for a week I'd like to see if it really makes a difference !

Wendy - your routine for the week looks good and fun ! Hope you got DS clean before bed ! :p

See y'all in the AM ! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.