Damage Control...Monday

Good Morning Ladies:)

Oh....I am sooo happy to be off! Last week I got off on Wed morning and back on Fri morning so really it only feels like I had one day off! I don't go back now until Wed night so its bit of a longer break:)

Last night we went to DH's store and looked through some clothes. I think I bought 2 dresses, and 2 tops. Also DD needed a spring jacket and DS needed some sandals. We didn't get home until almost 10.....but guess what....I got on the TM anyway! I did CC #8 for the first time...whats up with all those hills? Im not into hills, although, Im sure it does great things for my endurance and legs:confused: It took me 6 miles to do the whole thing. I didn't bother with the cool down cause it was almost 11. I will probably have to do the samething tonight. Hopefully not as late but I will have to workout when DS goes to bed.

I have loads of laundry to do today and some packing. I also need to do my own hair and I have a tanning apt tonight. The day is pretty full but I don't feel any pressure:)

Wendy** what are your plans for the day? Are you working? Did DH get another week of work?

Jaqcue** So going back to work today didn't bother you? LOL When I use to cut hair, I hated the women I worked for and I had to work every monday morning with her. It was never busy so she use to come to work with her husband and her dog! I use to have to listen to them talk about their weekend while they sat and ate bagels and drank coffee! EVERY MONDAY MORNING! I use to sit on the bed EVERY MONDAY MORNING and say "Do I have to go to work today"? LOL That place just shut down the other day. She had gabbling problems and she wasn't a nice preson, I think everyone got tired of her.

Im going to check yesterdays thread to see if I missed anything and I will return!

Lori:)

Hello Lori and all who follow.

Nope, DH isn't working. He is laid off again. YAY. NOT! :mad:
Today's work out will be Push Circuit #1 (week 3 of this phase!) and most likely some kind of cardio to burn off the food I ate yesterday at my SIL's. ;)
Congrats on a successful shopping trip. Gotta love those! :) I will be bolting out the door (or dashing on to the computer) to go shopping once DH gets back to work. I am having MAJOR withdrawals! :p
You are nuts working out at 10pm! LOL Holy crap! I could never do that! :eek: Yes, CC's are very much about the hills (resistance). If you aren't in the mood to run hills then don't do a CC! LOL

Jacque: I need to start buying MGD64's and leaving the wine in the store more often. :confused: Sounds like you had a good and productive weekend. Glad you are enjoying the weight bench. Well, PB IS healthier for you then candy but I still wouldn't suggest eating a ton of it every day. :p

Jeez, I ate a banana, had a protein drink and some oatmeal already this morning and I still feel hungry! WTF!? And today is supposed to be a low cal day. I am in soooo much trouble! :(

So the tv is hung and I got my room all organized between last night when we got home and early this morning. I'm so happy! *jumps up and down* It took a little while to find the best "homes" for things. My goals was to make more space in the room now that the tv stand is gone. I think I managed pretty well and it looks alot neater now too. :D Now if I could have made enough room for a TREADMILL I'd be even happier but THAT would be nothing short of a magic trick to make the room bigger. *sigh*

Well off I go to drink a ton of water...maybe THEN I'll feel full! I already had 2 cups this morning though! :confused:

BBL!

Hey Ladies !

Quickie drive by for me - I forgot I had to process some major spreadsheets by Wed ! :eek:

Did CC#2 while watching the game last night. Had my iPod on shuffle so ended up doing Challenge 1 twice, then when CC was over I continued to run for a while and walked about 10 min for a 60 min, 5.25 mile workout. Was very very tired after that. Backyard gardening in the AM probably helped.

Today's workout will be Chest, Tri's and Shoulders. Will see how much I get to use my new weight bench - usually have bench press so hoping I'll be able to go heavier. I now need to get a new BB though - I thought my "shortie" would work but it won't be. :confused: DH figured a BB would be better than cutting and welding the back portion of the stand attachment. Hope I can find something cheap. Guess one of the kids will be happy as I'll give them my old one ! :p

Wendy - I was feeling like eating all day y'day - one of the reasons I don't mind being at work. I can only eat what I bring and make sure it is good food. I have a few backups (roasted edamame & almonds, and, yes, PB - though the PB is in the fridge downstairs so it is a stretch if I want some). Hope you find something to keep the eating urges away. Working out helps me too. LOL about shopping - weren't you the "Target Cheetah" from way back? Man, what happened to that group? I used to pop in to read here and there but never had enough time to keep up with that many personals. Sure is lonely over there now, huh?

Lori - nice job getting your run in last night - guess you had lots of adrenaline already pumping from the shopping, huh? ;) :p Seems there are a couple of CC's that have some good sprint challenges in them, but hills are quite prevalent. My back end was a scorching from the hills last night. Enjoy your time off - I KNOW you are counting down til Friday ! :eek:

Laura - Diana - hope the weekend went well for the two of you !

And YES, Sharks won last night ! Woo Hoo ! A few more games and we'll see if they win the entire league. That would be sooo awesome !

Back later to report how my workout went.

Evening Girls.

I somehow managed not to fail miserably on the food front today. In fact, I did really well! I just finished my final snack for the night and I am happy to report that I even came in just BELOW my calorie limit for the day!!! It wasn't easy but I did it and I am FINALLY not hungry anymore! I had better get to bed soon though before my tummy starts up again!!! :eek::p:D

So my work out today went well. Push 1 with 1 minute cardio intervals. This time I really mixed 'em up. I used the high step for a few, and then did jumping jacks, jump rope, burpees, kb swings, etc. Anything I could think of. I was spent by the time the work out was over.

Jacque: Yes, I love Target!!! :D I also love Kohl's and I am a nut for online shopping though I can't buy clothes that way. Most of the girls on the Cheetah thread got uber busy and needed to cut back on pc time which is why there is next to no one there anymore. No biggie. I've still got my Damage Control Girls! :) Perhaps the Cheetah thread will pick back up in the future. It's not out of the question. so how long of a barbell do you need?? I love my troylite bb and it was inexpensive too but I am sure it's too short for what you need. Best bet is probably to scope out the sporting goods stores in your area for a clearance item. Hope you find a good deal and FAST! :)

Alrighty, off to bed with me!
Nighty night!:)

Back to report a very strong and tiring workout ! Got a bit achy in the shoulder joints near the end so lightened up on the lateral side lifts. I'm ready for bed too Wendy and I haven't even eaten dinner yet !

Wendy - well that sounds like a heck of a workout lady ! Congrats on the great food choices today. I snagged a bag of blue corn tortilla chips from work and had a few handfuls before I worked out - along with a spoonful of PB. Think it helped me power out 5 lbs more on my bench press ! :p The sets today were "double wave" where we started lower wt, 12 reps, add 5% for 10 reps, add 5% for 8 reps and repeat. Killer if you ever want to add some reps to your workouts.

Sorry to hear the Cheetahs got so busy - such a great, informational, positive and motivating group. Though the current ladies are right up there too ! It was a great place to go for running tips ! ;) I am happy you are here with us still !

I have heard of the Troy BB's - I think my current one is about 5' so will need a 6' I believe. I haven't measured yet - was waiting for my Am Ex bill to close for the month ! :rolleyes: :eek: We have a Sports Authority and a Walmart in town with Big 5 just 15 min away. Guess I'll scout them out here the next few weeks as I have time. Only one week after this and we have another week's break. Figure that I can last until we hit the "heavy" weights next Meso.

Just remembered Laura is in Biloxi - hope Diana is OK ! Ladies - thinking of you !

Off to fix din din - grilled prawns with a huge salad full of veggies ! Yum !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.