Damage Control Monday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls.

Just getting us started. Off to school and work in a few. I started feeling crappy yesterday after my work out so today may very well be a total rest day....

BBL!

Hey ladies !

Popping before work to report yesterday was a rest day. Sharks won again last night - woo hoo !

Wendy - well I KNEW you'd figure out something to add the cardio in there. Kinda fun to stop the standard workout and insert some easy though strenuous cardio in between the sets. So I may just have to enlist SIL as a cyber trainer here if I can't figure this out myself pretty soon ! :p

Diana - WOW - I've never been to a pro basketball game either. Good to hear it was fun and they won ! Nice to see you go with Jerod - a special time before he gets too old !

I printed out this week's Meso only since I never finished the 1 RM's and am inserting those I didn't complete as I print them out. I can't wait either ! I really enjoy drop sets. Looking forward to the Cardio too ! Looks like lots of fun. I realized as I was looking for cardio for this week that though there is variety, it isn't alot for my DVD collection which is predominantly Cathe. I have way more weight training than cardio. But it is helping me hit the TM and I'm hoping with our warmer weather this week I can lace up and hit the pavement Tues or Thurs.

BBL to see what is happening -

WENDY - do you know what happened to Lori's DS?

Hey Girls!

Thought I would check in real quick, just to let you know where I have been.

Friday night we took DS to the hospital b/c he hasnt been feeling well and they narrowed it down to pnemoniua (sp?) While I was there alone with him, waiting for a room (DH went home to get some things) DS started shaking, grinding his teeth and coughing. When DH came back, i told him that something wasnt right. He called then nurse, who then grabbed my baby and starting yelling for the doc. Took him to the trauma energency room where they called a code blue and there were people running everywhere. His temp rose to fast and it caused him to have a sezuire, and was blocking his air way. Eventually he came to but we spent the night and most of Sat in the emergency traumna room where they were keeping a close eye on him. Yesterday evening theny moved us up to our own room, where we will stay until Wed afternoon at the earliest. The dr comes in once a day and today we told her that he as trouble styaing awake and even falls asleep sitting up , so now she is wondering is he as maningtis and is going to change is antibitics.
Anyway, it as been a very rough few days. I come home just long enough to get a shower and go back again. He is lucky to even be here with us. If we hadnt taken him to the hospital, he probably wouldnt be here right now.

I will check in tomorrow b/c i have to work.

Lori

Hello Ladies

OMG .. LORI!!!:( I am soooo sorry for your son's illness .. I will say some prayers and send up some positive energy (for you and your son) .. I dont have children but I can only imagine your fright and worry .. what a nightmare .. good thing you took him on to the hospital. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers .. hang in there .. and stay positive .. no negative thoughts!!

Wendy .. hope you are feeling better ... I put myself on Zertec .. and OMG .. it has made a TREMENDOUS difference .. our pollen count here is out of control .. and I knew I had allergies .. and since my virus the phlym and crud just wasnt budging .. but this Zertec cleared me right on up!! :)

Jacque . yayayayayaya Sharks . . they are on a roll huh?? I pre-ordered the STS shock cardio... think SIL and I are gonna split it.. she loves step .. my knees cant take it .. she loves drill max kinda w/o and my knees dont .. I love kickboxing and I love HIIT w/o so that part is mine .. we will have to fight over who HAS to take the extra band w/o YIKES .. neither one of us are too keen on jumping on that one .. LOL!!

Di ... are you gonna order the STS cardio .. it looks awesome ... and unlike anything we have really seen before I bet!!!

Friday I ran .. I guess I ran aroud 4 or 5 miles .. the knee wasnt happy about the hills so I had to powerwalk the hills .. it got really puffy .. cant take the incline... I felt like a two ton tessie though .. my body felt so freaking heavy and slow ... guess cause I have not been running a lot??

Saturday STS LEGS >> AWESOME w/o .. increased my weight again .. was spent afterwards .. but was not real sore SUN .. but SIL could not move .. she went heavier and it did a number on her ... she is STILL in pain!! Sunday was rest day .. I went shopping for DH B-day .. which is WED .. and ON his B-day his mother is having heart surgery :( she is 84 years old ... :( .. really worries me!! But she is strong .. and stubborn that has gotta help!!!

OK . . better run .. I did a 20 min. power walk at lunch .. and tonight is gonna be cardi-kickboxing!! Lori .. hang in there .. I will be sending up some prayers!!!

Hi Ladies,

Lori-sending hugs and prayers to you and your family. Stay strong! I am praying that it is not meningitis.

Well I was pretty much a sloth all weekend. Sunday after posting that I was going to w/o, DH asked me to go to the hardware store with him. The toilet in the master bath needed new "guts" as DH put it and he also bought some wood to make a shelf for me. I was planning on buying some cheap shelf to replace an old and wobbly one but he wants to make it. Who knows if or when that will ever get done.

Today is oldest DS's 21st birthday!! He went out last night and DH is taking him out tonight. Thankfully I have class and am excused from the boy's outing tonight. I think they are going to a strip club.:confused: In Colorado the drinking age is 21 so he is now legal. He's not much of a drinker-I'm thankful for that.

Of course I couldn't sleep last night until DS got home (at 4am) so I slept in and didn't get my workout in. I'm pretty bummed about it. Hopefully I can do it after my meltdown class tonight. I don't want to fall behind during week 1 of meso 2. Of course-I've already pre-ordered the STS cardio. Wasn't about to pass that up.;)

Wendy-Hope you feel better soon.

Jacque-Congrats on your Sharks win last night. I only saw a few minutes of the game but am happy for your team. The avs haven't done very well since the lockout and the salary caps. I need to pick up the cardio also. My body type needs a lot of cardio and I have not been doing a very good job of adding extra.

Laura-I'm so looking forward to new cardio w/o's. My ankle and up the side of my leg is still tender-from twisting my ankle off the bosu. What do you think of doing STS legs twice a week. My lower body needs lots of work and I was thinking of doing meso 2 legs on Sunday and on Wednesday. Basically doing each weeks leg workout twice.

Has anyone heard from Jen? She should've had her second surgery by now and I was wondering how she was doing. I guess I could try sending her a private message and see if she responds.

bbl

Afternoon Ladies ..

they are pounding away at re-doing my "area" .. MAN is it ever loud . . and I am in the back .. glad I am not up front w/all that noise . YIKES!!

Di .. Well .. I personally couldnt do STS legs more than once a week:p . . but yeah if it does not leave you disabled for three freaking days like it does me .. I think twice a week is fine!! LOL .. I am doing it once a week .. but I do get in the gym and do heavy weighted extensions, curls, squat presses, and calf presses .. if I dont do that then I make sure I do at least one of my classes w/the 6 step or heavy leg focus .. so yeah .. I think 2 times is perfectly acceptable (for you) . LOL!!! Tell DS happy 21st!!! Officially legal for CABS .. wooohooo!! {jk .. I am not going to enable your son like I do everyone else .. ;)}

OK chicas!! I am off to do some butt kicking cardio kickboxing . . sweat off all those CABS I consumed this weekend!! have a great one!!:D

Just popping in to send out healing vibes, thoughts and prayers to Rylan!!!!

No work out for me today...feeling pretty icky....:(

Have a great night girls.

Wowie ! Totally exhaused in the muscle dept from Meso 2 Disc #1 ! Loved it but think I'll need a weight bench to continue. Could barely get the BB up into position for bench presses (while lying on my step). Definitely won't be able to increase the weights until I do. I adore heavy bench presses.

Am feeling energetic though. Am going to do LIS from 4DS to burn some of it off before I'm done for the evening.

Lori - best thoughts for a speedy recovery for Rylan ! Hoping they get it figured out correctly soon. Godspeed.

Laura - glad to hear the Zyrtek is working for you ! Nothing better than a "clear" head and throat. The spray anti-inflammatories are working well for me, though the first one better than the one I'm using now. Still WAY BETTER than without and the OTC pills definitely had their side effects.

Way to go getting STS Cardio and splitting it. Great idea ! Sorry to hear the knee doesn't like hills - bet the hills is what made you feel a bit slower than usual. It takes more of a toll than one would figure. I can get an equal workout running at a good pace or hitting the hill at a fast walk. Targets totally different muscles also. Complete fatigue by alternating - reason #1 I love CC's ! :p Hope the knee gets to feeling better soon. We are just coming into the best outdoor running times right now ! :eek: Hope the CAB's poured outta the ol' sweat glands at class tonight !

Diana - It was supposed to be a sloth type of a weekend you know? Active recovery = planning on chores for the future! :p I did the same thing so we are totally keeping pretty even on our rotation. ;) I'm betting STS is taking more out of us than we think. It is a totally different training set up than we are used to and we're most likely lifting heavier than typical too. We should be tired - that's why there is a recovery week with no weights. And I think you were a bit like me, I couldn't put them away completely, but did some really light weights twice?

Happy 21st to DS from another cyber chickie ! My DD cracks up when I say my "cyber exercisers" ! She thinks it is so funny and cute. Yep that's us, "cute", huh? LOL ! :D Hope you got your workout in - what did ya think?

Your Avs kept the Sharks going pretty well. I really crossed my fingers a few times as we had way too many penalties - a 5 for boarding and game misconduct on my fav Cheechoo 2/3 way into the 1st period. Bummer ! We needed it - gave us only a 3 game winning streak so they've definitely got to keep it in check.

This last week has helped my "fluff" quite a bit so I guess extra cardio is the answer. Question is when to fit it in. I can't get myself to seem to get to sleep any earlier and don't like being tired at work. Perhaps a few AMs of getting up early will get me to fall asleep quicker? Then to get DH to eat before 9 PM ! :eek: That is another HUGE issue here. Eating and falling asleep right after is NOT GOOD ! Whine, whine, whine - sorry 'bout that ! :p I'll figure it out, I will !

I haven't even seen Jen on the other forums either. Did spy Angie there a bit before she posted here last time. Think she just finished her vacation?

Those girls have to know we miss them I hope ! ;)

Until morning . . . enjoy !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.