Damage Control March :)

rmrmr

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

Can you believe it's March already!:eek: Summer will be here before you know it!

Yesterday ended up being a rest day. Today will be a leg workout followed by a cardio w/o. I haven't been able to keep up with my lower body rotation this last week. I've been working out, not just following the rotation I've written due to time constraints...okay, me not starting my w/o early enough.:eek:

Today is the last day of the cleanse!!!:D Many of the recipes are very good but my family will not go without meat . I've had 2 meals out this week and we are going out to dinner (BBQ) tonight for Jerod's bday dinner. I will probably do this cleanse again in a couple of months.

After talking with the gym owner, I've decided against doing the Project Me at this time. It's just too much with all the tri training and HM training I will have going on. I want to really be able to commit to the program so will probably look at doing it this fall.

Re-posting Wendy's post-
Hello Ladies.:)

OMG my abs are really sore from doing the TA Transformer work out y'day and now I have to start Meta today! I am soooo dead!:eek:

Di:: I can't wait to here about your meeting at the gym tmrw and what you decide to do. Keep us posted for sure! So when will you start trying out the P90X3 work outs? :D

Laura:: Apparently according to the TA rotation, it's 30 mins of muscle work and 30 mins of cardio every day - 6 days a week. That being said, I will NOT have time for anything else. I am going to do it as prescribed and see what happens! If I am not satisfied after a month, I will re-think my rotation. So have you begun CAB reduction yet? I only had ONE drink last night!!!! I don't know what was wrong with me but I just didn't want anymore after the first one! I was so disappointed in myself!:p

Guess that's all for now. Perhaps I'll be back after my work out to tell y'all about it...if I can get up off the floor!:p

TA Meta Abcentric Day 1 done!:D :eek:

30 mins of cardio and 30 mins of muscle work.

The cardio is bouncy jumping hopping kicking skipping type stuff. Fun but exhausting and confusing at times....

The muscle work was standing arm work without weights first and then with. That was followed by standing waist work, then floor work for abs (crunch city) and the finally a bunch of butt-cramping stuff done on your hands and knees....

I enjoyed it but I am leery of doing just this for 90 days. It was a definite challenge though so I am going to give it a fair chance by doing the rotation as is for a month before I make any decisions as to if I want to change/add/subtract anything from the rotation.

Did I mention how flipping sore I am going to be tmrw???? :eek:

Good Morning. :)

My calves are on fiy-ah! I'm not surprised! What I AM surprised at is that nothing else really is! My abs are still sore but beyond that I seem to be ok!
Now I am trying to figure out how I will do TA cardio on crampy calves today. I guess I may be taking the impact away more often then not! Nothing else I can do....

So did y'all see on FB that our beloved Miss Lori has designed to train for a figure competition!!!!!???? :D:D:D

Di:: Smart decision not to overload yourself in light of tri & HM training. When you DO decide to do Project Me I'll be very interested to hear about it since you can sign up online too! ;) Have you considered just adding a meat to the menu for dinner every night along with the cleanse meal that way everyone is happy? You could even make it ahead when you prep your meals for the week! Just a thought unless you want to take a break from it regardless. The other thought is if you want to incorporate meat, take recipes from the detox and mix n match. That's what I am doing and having great success with it! A side note to that is that I noticed that the cleanses slowly add grains & legumes back into the program as time goes on. In the detox they are completely eliminated but meat is okay so I would say that if you want to try it that way to consider putting meat in and leaving the grains and legumes out. Just some food for thought! haha!

BBL!:cool:

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies! :)

Long time no chat. Maybe I should just stick to one checkin and not two. This one is much smaller and easier to keep up with.

DH is working this weekend do its just the kids and I in the day time. DS2 could sleep in....but that's just an idea of course! I get up at 5 every morning , sleeping in during the weekend would be nice and by sleeping in, I mean 7...lol.

There isn't much new here. We have an appt finally to see the Dr about the issues we think DS1 has. We have to travel for that of course. If we had to wait until the dr came here, it would have been 3-4 months of waiting. So we are going to drive into the city and his appt is on the 11th. From there we will see what will be next. Maybe he will give us a fair idea of what it could be and maybe he will just send us for more assessments. At least we are getting some where now! DD is getting ready for her graduation and DS2 keeps us laughing. He's so independent. We can see such a difference between the two.

So Miss Wendy blabbed on me ;). Lol. I've been thinking about doing a fitness comp for a while and just took the plunge. We went to spin class one night and the instructor that was filling in , is a power lifter that works with DD sometimes. I liked the way she taught the class, she was very informative and just good! The other instructor always says "keep the race, keep the pace", drives me crazy. I asked DD if this girl prepared ppl for figure and she thought she did so I contacted her. That simple. No backing out now and I think I've told enough ppl that I can't! Lol. I meant with her last Sunday for my start up plan. She took my before and after pics, measurements and bf. My bf is only 12% which I was happy with. DD met her in the gym the same day and she told her that my before pics, are ppls after pics. Lol. That day she sent me the Info i needed, we picked a show which isn't until oct (these shows are kind of like races, spring or fall), my diet and supplement list. Later this week she sent me my workout program and I met her yesterday to see what weights I should be using. I'm going to met her next week for legs. And as I was telling Wendy, work will reimburse me :). They have some kind of program. Some of the girls have already spent $500 this year, I don't think my $40 a week will be a issue but ill enjoy it until they've said I spend to much money!

Diana** yeah what is this program your talking about. You do seem to have a few things on the go. Can you believe your baby is growing up?? When's the HM and how are the girls!?

Wendy** what's new and exciting!? How us the training going? How are the naps?? Lol

Laura** hope all is well!! DH wants to go look at a puppy today. It's hard to say no when they are so darn cute, but they are so much work. Do I really want my shoes chewed??? No I don't!!!!

Ill try and come back later. Although I don't start training and diet until April, I am going to give the diet a run through today! And I am sore just from trying weights with her yesterday!! Ouch!

Lori

Lori:: How is it only $40 per week???? :eek: Training is going great! I am squeezing in studying for my NASM cert where I can. Right now the test is schedule for mid June. My deadline is the beginning of July. Naps on weekends are status quo! Not giving them up any time soon!:p 12% bf!? :eek: I don't like you anymore!:p

Lol! I'm feeling a little nappish right now Wendy! DS2 is going for his nap and I think I'll have a small one too. My trainer only charges $40/hr , I'm only meeting her on leg day. Everything else I am doing on my own. The original start up was $150 , which is to bad either. I'm guessing as it gets closer I might met with her more often. She can also help me with the suit and posing so I don't have to go find someone else. She is training two women right now, wish I knew who try were!

Hi Ladies,

Today I did STS Disc 15, Back & Biceps and then Day 3 of the BR Challenge. I also just opened P90X 3 and watched the first disc. It has 4 rotation options, not sure which one I'll do. Most likely I'll just throw the in between other w/o's. I'm not sure I want to be tied down to a long rotation.

Lori-You are amazing to take on such a challenge with kids, husband, work etc. Is it the Vegas show in August???? I trained with Karen Sessions, and I was never so sore than when I was following the rotation she gave me. I should start running this week for the Jun 1st Half Marathon. It's cold and snowy but should be warming up this week. I know...I know.... nothing like your weather. Yeah, I'm pretty sure one of my arms has 12% body fat.:p The girls are doing great and I'm so looking forward to having them this summer! I wish we knew when they were coming, perhaps DS will find out when he goes and visits them for Easter.

Wendy & Laura-I think we should have girls weekend in Vegas to support Miss Lori!!! Any takers???

bbl

Lol! The show I am doing is here in Canada just 3 hours away. It's not until oct. But it would be awesome to go to Vegas and have you gals cheering me on and finally get to meet you all! I think we need to try for a cathe RT sometime!

Oh Diana, you have lots of training time yet :). I don't know if ill do many races this summer. Actually I don't even know if I will be allowed to because if I am trying to build muscle then she probably won't want me doing much cardio. In the first phase I only have 1 interval , 1 20 mins cardio and a 45 steady state. Not much for me!! DH thinks this will be time consuming but this brings different challenges then a marathon. It's not time consuming at all. It's more about the food and what social gatherings I'm gonna want to attend! Lol the girls are such a good age right now. Not as much work as my two, I can tell you that much!

Today I did chest and tris and I am gonna be sore tomorrow. She is trying to kill me I think. I can't do skull crushers with a 40 lbs barbell, I used a 25 dumbbell instead. I think my tris and my weakest area. Tomorrow I will try the bics section and cardio I think. Oh and I also did pedal power just before lunch today.

Ill check in tomorrow. Have a good night everyone!!!

Lori :)

Good Morning!

Internet is down today...so no one is doing much work here. It's kinda boring when you can't connect to the server!

Today's workout was the shoulder and abs work my trainer designed...ouch. Like super fry.....my lord. And I did 35 mins on the tm. I was hoping to do 40 mins but DS2 interrupted because he wanted some toast made, when I went upstairs he already had a cup of coffee brewed. I dunno where I find these monkey kids!!!

Ill check back in later!!

Lori :)

Hello.

Day 3 is done! :):eek::):eek::)

Lori:: Who did he brew the coffee for? You or himself?? :p My abs are on fire from these new workouts I am doing. Perhaps your abs will join me now! Misery loves company you know!;)

Di:: OMG I would LOOOVE a trip to Vegas but it's not going to happen. Sorry. :( There may be a GTG in our future but it won't be this summer in Vegas for me. Booh. Great idea though! :)

Wendy** My abs are already hurting and I'm not sure from what...lol. Might be the push-ups, they always do it. Ill enjoy your company!

I am so hungry today. I felt full after breakfast but not for long. I hate feeling like this....and I am feeling sleepy too!

Still no Internet. Everyone's going crazy....

Hi Ladies. :)

Day 4 is in the bag! :D

I switched up the cardio today for my poor calves' sake. Did 2 rounds of 8@30/30 and 1 round of 8@20/10 of the following exercises but I changed the order every time....light weight hand to hand swings, skaters, plank to push ups, alt lunges, burpees with pu but no jump, suicides, low impact jacks, speed squats. My calves are already feeling a bit better for it!

Tmrw I will try this alternate TA cardio that I downloaded off of you tube. It's high impact but looks much easier to modify then the Meta cardio... Tracy Anderson Transform 1 Cardio - YouTube

Lori:: So didja' ever get internet back at work y'day? Nothing worse then having nothing to do all day. I lived that for 2 years at the bank. It was awful. :( The pay check was awesome though! ;) I thought figure competitors did tons of cardio??? Hmmm...maybe phase one is bulking and that's why there isn't as much. It will probably get loaded on closer to competition time and I know you won't complain!:)

Hi Ladies,

Today was BR Day 5, it was a circuit of cardio and abs. My body needed the break. My shoulders are so sore. It's from all the clean/press, squat/press, decline pushups etc. Last night we did circuits in class, it was awesome. My weightloss is at a plateau and I need to do something to get the scale moving. The circuits really seem to help, guess I need to tighten up the diet too.:eek: I haven't gone overboard since finishing the cleanse, but have enjoyed some beef burritos with homemade pork green chile! I still haven't had any alcohol or diet pepsi. I'm trying to stay away from diet pepsi, but it is my favorite. DH has picked me up a couple bottles of wine while I was on my cleanse. Perhaps this weekend I will enjoy a glass.

Wendy-my calves are always sore when I start Insanity, oh my. Glad you found an alternative so you can give your calves a break.

Lori-Nothing worse than being bored at work. I'm sure you will be building muscle, then leaning out. Have you ever taken a look at Jamie Eason's program on Bodybuilding.com site? Perhaps our GTG will have to be in Canada then. I have a passport...I've been to Montreal and really liked it there.

Laura-you've probably been in asylum mode with the first of the month being this week. I do have to say my abs are coming along nicely with the BR w/o's.

back to the grind...

Good Morning Girls.

About to get movin' here but I wanted to pop in and say hi first. :)

I am completely obsessed w/TA right now! I am now checking Amazon for a good price on Meta-Glute and was looking at the Continuity phase of the program! :eek: I am not known to stick with one thing for very long so IDK what makes me thinks I'll stick to this for a prolonged period of time :rolleyes: but I suppose one can hope!:p OTOH, it DID happen with STS' 6 month rotation so I guess anything is possible!:D

Di:: It's been a long time since I've done Insanity. I can't rightly recall how my calves faired but I don't recall it being as bad. I am sure they will get used to it soon...So your DH buys you wine and mine bought me chocolate (for Vday)!!!! What were they thinking!? :rolleyes: LOL

Ok, time to skedaddle...BBL!:cool:

Hi Ladies,

This morning was CLB. I was missing Cathe and my shoulders still need a break.

I was down .2 at my weigh in today. I'm back to tracking so this next week will be my first full week of tracking since completing the cleanse. My goal for next week is to lose 1#. I'm a bit frustrated but do not want to quit. I'm still down almost 20#'s but still have 10 more to go to get to goal.

Wendy-please stop with the new w/o's.:eek: Seriously, I just got P90X3 and now I'm looking at TA too. What's a girl to do. I saw as long as you found something you like and you will use, then it's worth it!!!:)

Hi to Laura & Lori!

Hi. :)

Ok so I found Meta-Glute on the BB&B website for a good price! I was going to order when I saw that you can hold an item at a particular store with a cc and then go pick it and pay for there it there. No shipping charges! So that's what I am doing. I am picking it up today at lunch time. ;) What I also realized is that I still have $$ left on an Amex g/c that I got for Christmas which means I can use it to pay for at least part of it! Even better! :D

Di:: IDT you would be Tracy's biggest fan. There's no heavy lifting. 3# weights max. As the work outs progress over time, more equipment is added like ankle weights, a ball etc but the DB's never get any heavier. I wanted to warn you. Maybe I wrong but I am just trying to be a conscientious enabler over here!:) I still want P90X3!;)

Hi Ladies,

No morning w/o for this girl. I have an early meeting, and NO COFFEE. DS didn't make coffee last night, his kitchen night. I even reminded him when I went to bed. I'm drinking Roasted Dandelion Root Tea. Of course it doesn't have the caffeine I want.

Tonight is bootcamp class and she's taken it up a notch...which I like. More running, stairs, circuits, weights, abs etc. I'm not a fan of the nights we stand on the bosu and use tubing...UGH. I just don't feel like I got a workout and that type of w/o is not going to help me get to goal.

My training partner and I are running a 7K on March 16th. It should be fun and hopefully the weather cooperates.

Wendy-Thanks for the heads up on TA. You may be right. I'm going to see if I can find some video clips and see what I think.

Hi to Lori and Laura.

Okay, TA week 1 is in the bag! :D For this morning's cardio I did 8@30/30 of squat presses and plank to push ups followed by ten minutes of meta cardio. I was whooped when I was done!

Going to pick up my reserved copy of Meta-Glute at lunch today!:D

Di:: Total Fitness has clips and so does you tube. FWIW, Jen recently compared it to Slim Series and she, like you, does not like Slim Series....

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

I finally finished our taxes! So glad to have that chore done. Now to get all the paperwork I have all over the desk and couch filed.

I ended up having to work late and didn't make it to bootcamp class. Tomorrow will be a BR w/o in the morning and weights at lunch.

Well it's 2:20 am and I'm not sleeping. UGH. I youtubed some of the TA w/o's, definitely don't think they are for me. Thanks for your honesty Wendy.

bbl

Today is my rest day. I honestly don't want to take one but I'll be good!:p

Weighed and measured my BF today since it's Friday and I am pleased one again...weight is down.8 and BF is down .4. I don't care that the losses are not big. I just care that they are losses. :)

Di:: Glad you got your taxes done. We have to gather up all our paperwork and make an appointment to get ours done still! We always end up waiting til the last minute. :rolleyes: You're welcome re TA. I'm sure in your investigations of it you would have realized the same on your own before ordering. I just figured I'd save you the trouble. :)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.