Damage Control July :)

rmrmr

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

I gave my notice at work yesterday. My last day is the July 11th. I start the new job on 7/21 so will have a week off in between. Feeling a little sad as I've been there for 24 years. I think there a good things in store for my future though.

On the food front-epic fail the past couple days Sheesh, I even had chicken strips and tater tots....haven't eat like that in months...then felt yucky...and my weight is up today...go figure. It's all about the food for me.

I finished the BR challenge on Sunday and did CLB yesterday. My legs are super sore this morning, especially inner thighs. Today will be Imax3, and 2 T25's per the girls request. I think they want to do cardio and the abs one.

Tina-Way to go getting in your 600 miles for June!!! The RT is October 10-12.

LL-I totally understand how tough the nutrition part is, especially when you have young kids and it's just not feasible or affordable to make something different for yourself. It sounds to me like you know where you struggle and can address those difficult times. Woo Hoo for someone noticing your "guns"!!! We all have our own body issues, we just have to do the best we can for us. Have you tried using my fitness pal or something like along those lines that will show your nutritional info? Just a suggestion, I'm having trouble keeping up with my WW tracking. So are you doing legs Thursday and Friday?

Wendy-glad to hear someone else struggles with TA. I just wish she would talk through and explain her moves. I have the TA Omni method day 1-30 down, but when I went to 31-60...so frustrating and I haven't tried it again. I can't imagine what the 3rd month is like.

Laura-HUGS, sorry life is getting you down.

bbl

TUE -

Well .. had a great long weekend .. fishing and friends and family .. then back to REALITY .. after MEGA stressful day ystdy .. had my pre-op apt .. my BP was 190 over 90 :eek: :( :confused::confused::confused: WTH? My BP is always LOW .. like 117 / 72 .. STRESS IS KILLING ME ... they made me stay until it went down some .. but only came down a little bit .. GEESH .. they wont do surgery if my BP is like that -- that day .. :( I took it this morning .. and it was 121 / 81 .. still high for me .. but normal and a WHOLE lot better ..

Today is FIRST of month at the asylum - and we get here and computers are down .. phones are down .. then computers came up but network down .. aahhhhhhhhh ... finally we are up and running .. but swamped!

no workouts to report .... but got my new Pi-Yo stuff in - planning on doing it tonight after work .. as long as i have energy

Di - 25 years is a long time at a company .. but seems you have been unable to move up and unhappy for some time.. I know you have got to be excited for something new!!

LL congrats on weight loss ..

Wendy - great workouts as usual ..

hello to all that follows .. hope you have a great day ..

Hi Ladies,

Today is a rest day for me. The girls are wearing me out. Yesterday I did Imax 3. The girls wanted to do T25 so we did Speed 1.0 and more than half the core disc. I hit my 10,000 steps before lunch.

Today we are going to the Bay, a local waterpark for kids up to 12 yrs old. We'll spend about 3-4 hours and then go out to lunch.

Laura-you need to dump the stress in your life and move on. I'm sure that is easier said than done. If it is impacting your BP like that, it's simply not worth it. Would love to hear your thoughts on PiYo after you've had a chance to do a few of them.

Wendy-I saw your post on FB, you were able to join your class and w/o away your bad mood!!!

LL-how are you doing? I'm down 1.5#'s from yesterday. My eating is not what it should be with the girls here. I'm good for breakfast & lunch, but dinner with the family is not what I would prefer. My preference is a piece of protein and steamed veggies, unfortunately my family won't go for that. They want the tater tots, biscuits etc....they would be much healthier too if they would forgo those. That's a battle I'll never win.

Tina-What are you up to? I'm looking forward to a bike ride, probably on Sunday. I hope to open water swim on Saturday and bike on Sunday. I need to start running too. I'm good out of the gate for 5-6 miles, but will need to do double that for the HM.

bbl

WED

another crazy busy day here at the asylum - and our temp help got kicked out of our system so we are way shorthanded again!! UGH

Pi-Yo - LOVED that workout ... of course i skipped the intro disc .. started w/Upper body one .. which really should be upper body/core .. my goodness ... she worked the core!! AND my shoulders were on fi-yah .. and she LOVES tricep pushups .. UGH .. I gotta do better on those - for you cardio freaks .. it wasnt a sweatfest .. but it was VERY different than anything i have done and it worked the muscles in a very different manner .. I can see as the program progresses strength gains should be great! Tonight I am doing "SWEAT" this afternoon .. it is all over body workout - will let ya'll know what I think .. most of workouts are 30 - 40 minutes .. i plan on doing it and Zuzka .. so far it is really a combo of yoga, pilates, and tradition body weight exercises .. and weird torqued up moves that work you out in a very different way ..

Di - I wish i could dump the stress .. but it is relentless and uncalled for .. but nothing i can do about it .. I can get away and stop worrying at times ..then it comes right back .. just nonstop BS!!!! :mad: :(

Hello to all that follow .. we are swamped .. so better run .. have a great one ..

Today was a HOT 40 mile ride. The sweat just rolled off me. Yesterday was kickboxing and MM upper body premix. SC or FT tomorrow. Hopefully the tropical storm that's coming our way will hold off on Friday, I'd like to get a long bike ride in before our big cookout.

Diana, how did they take the news that you were leaving? Nice that you'll be getting a week off before starting the new job. You can plan some heavy tri training. I wish we were near each other, I'd love to bike with you. :)

Off to the grocery store for fresh fruit and veggies. : )

Copied from LL post in June:

Fit_mommy- how do you do all that!! Wow! You must be completely sore! What is torque again?

I did butt and guts today, in it's entirety!! My arms are screaming at me from yesterday and my legs were still sore from LIS athletic training! I know I had planned Legs for tomorrow, but now I'm having second thoughts. I may be to tired and sore for another legs work out, maybe I'll have some fun with some step? Or do an X10? Or maybe I may feel the need to do yoga or something easy.

I ate well until dinner today! Since we were minus 3 kids, we got take out shrimp pesto Stromboli and Caesar salad topped with chicken salad. Yum! The pesto was strong in the Stromboli but good! And I skipped my WW meeting, I'm up 1 pound though. :(

Has anyone done STS here? I'm really thinking about cathe on demand main for sts and all the new workouts. I just wonder abut the commitment to do an STS rotation and what new equipment I'd have to get....I just the the results have got to be amazing!

Hi Ladies,

I'm posting tonight since I have to go back to work tomorrow and drop the girls off at SIL's before work.

Another tiring day with the girls. We played at the water park for about 3 hours, then had lunch, watched a movie, rode bikes, went to the park etc. This grandma is wiped out. Funny how I don't remember being this worn out with my own kids. I'm sure being 25 years older may have something to do with it.:eek:

I really should hit upper body but will probably opt for a circuit w/o tomorrow morning. I'm thinking To The Max Xtreme premix!

LL-I too missed my WW meeting today and my weight is up too. I just need to refocus on my goals and buckle down. I have prepared my food for work tomorrow though. I've been eating more chocolate and drinking more alcoholic beverages than normal. I usually stick to 1-2 glasses of wine per week. I think we've all done STS at some point. If you have a variety of DB's, that's really all you need. I might suggest some weighted gloves too or plate mates that allow you to increase by 1# increments.

Tina-they were surprised, I don't know why. I've been unhappy for years and expressed my dissatisfaction to my boss and HR about 7 years ago. It was nice that my job was close to home and I had a flexible schedule so I could attend my kids activities. Being mistreated, paid less than my counterparts, underappreciated....it goes on and on. Since my youngest son has graduated, there really isn't any reason to stay where I'm so poorly treated.

Wendy-my legs started hurting when I read tonique.;) Sounds like you are really loving your new job!!!

Laura-thanks for the info on PiYo. I'm going to look into it further, but not purchasing it right now. Hope your stressful situation remedies itself soon.

Just a reminder....our very own ms. Lori is competing on July 5th. Here's the link to the event: Calgary | World Beauty Fitness & Fashion Inc. | The Most Glamorous Show In Fitness

bbl

Hi Ladies,

I didn't sleep very well last night. No workout for me this morning. :mad: Probably won't do anything later today either.

We get off work at 3pm today and I have to stop at Costco before I go pick up the girls.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

bbl

Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!

I plan on doing a cardio TBD, and a weight w/o this morning.

We are having a BBQ this afternoon with the family. DS and his girlfriend are taking the girls to the fireworks at our local park tonight...then he's taking them home with him until they leave on Wed. I'm going to ask DH if we can meet them for dinner on Tuesday night so I can see them 1 last time before they go.

Hope you all have a fantastic Holiday!

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did GS C&T, Tabatacise 1-5 and core #1! It's fun doing Cathe for a few days before I start back with tri-training. I should be open water swimming this morning but didn't reserve a wetsuit. I just forgot to do that with the girls here and vacation days etc.

I think today will be GS BSB and Cardio Core Circuit. A non-step workout is in store as all this stepping is making my knees a bit sore.

I had a wonderful 4th with the family. I walked to the park with the girls so they could ride the pony's and jump in the bouncy castles.

Hope everyone had a great day.

bbl to see what everyone else is up to.

My July 4th post copied from the June thread::

Hi Girls.

Today I pulled out Les Mills Combat and did the 60 min Ultimate Warrior work out. It felt awesome to go all out kick ass for an hour! I miss that! I need to put more cardio that I just flat out enjoy back into my routine. IMO it doesn't ALWAYS have to be about what will get you the best results. Sometimes it's just about sweating, burning calories and having fun! :)

LL - When you are following a video, IMO having the instructor stop to show/correct form on participants in the video is useless BUT when you are teaching LIVE you really need to stop and correct form if possible. Of course in a truly choreographed routine that is not possible but my classes are not choreographed. I do each move for a certain amount of time and then switch to a different move. No choreography involved purposely so I can correct form if need be. If the form is good then I will do the work out along with the class but if someone needs help, I have to stop to help them. I also don't depend on work outs at work for my own personal fitness b/c it's not necessarily what I want to do for ME because it's not about ME when I go to work. That being said, the work outs I do at home are still very important to me. I just have to be careful not to overdo it at times! :eek: HTH a bit!:)

My own personal work outs are 30-45 mins on average lately but sometimes as little as 10 and as much as 60 mins+....The classes I teach at work are mostly 30 minute classes. The Karate classes I take are an hour long.

As for getting in great shape, it truly is 80% diet! I can work out til the cows come home but if my diet isn't good then the results won't be nearly as good! This stinks for me personally because working out is the "easy" part. Diet is what I struggle with. :rolleyes::eek::(

Yesterday was a rest day. I just didn't have time between working all morning and having to come home, eat lunch and get ready to head out for a bbq at my FIL's house immediately.

Today will be Day 1 of a Spartan Race training program that's been published on their website. This is a link to what I have to do::

Day 1: S-Power

It's pretty short so I may add on to it depending on how much energy I have left when I am done.

Gotta get ready for Church now so BBL!:cool:

Hi Ladies,

I couldn't decide what to do today, so I did a 15 mile hilly bike ride! I came upon a huge snake...in the bike lane....fortunately no cars were coming since I swung right into the traffic lane to get around it! My heart was pounding for a bit after that.

Cleaning house, laundry, bills, grocery shopping is how I will be rounding out my day.

What's everyone else up to?

Wendy-I was hoping you see the July thread eventually.;) Now we just need to get LL over here too.

bbl

OK, so I forget every time there's a new month to post in the new thread!! Here is my post to the old thread. I've just copied and pasted here. I did feel sick again today so I only did 28 min express YogaRelax. Feeling better tonight.

(post from earlier this morning)

Thanks again for the info fit mommy! I really do have a lot to learn! I hope I didn't come off as nasty at all, I'm just curious. I do love hearing what you do and what others do! But also what you all eat! Because I struggle there too. May I ask, fit mommy, what is you bmi? Or what do you go by for fitness? I'm 5'9" and weigh 166.7. I feel like my "happy weight" is 152 (orig. WW goal), but my best wt is 145. And diet is what is going to me there. So my current bmi is 24.1 and if I were 150/145 it would be 21.4. My 15th anniversary is this Thursday, I was hoping to be at my wedding weight (150) and be able to fit into my wedding dressing....not going to happen.

As for food stuff, how do you guys eat? I need to plan my meals a week in advance, or I panic at 4pm. and I have 4 sons ages 3-13 and a husband to think about when planning those meals. Breakfast is typically eggs/chicken sausage/cheese/toast or yogurt and granola, or waffles/pancakes (made from scratch) or home made muffins. I will have eggs/cheese/sausage or a slice of whole wheat bread with peanut butter and banana or apple sauce or sometimes just fruit. Lunch for all would be hot dogs, peanut butter and jelly, whole wheat pasta with veggies, crackers and cheese, chicken wrap with veggies or peanut butter or grilled cheese. I will typically have a chicken while wheat wrap with veggies or chicken over salad and a fruit smoothie (banana, strawberries and sometimes flax seeds). Dinner is typically beef, chicken, fish or shrimp with salad, another veggie and sometimes brown rice/quinoa/corn/sweet potatoes sometimes whole wheat pasta, but try not to eat pasta very much. Snacks are typically fruit, rice cakes with cheese or peanut butter, 8 almonds/cashews.

all that said, I didn't eat healthy or clean over the Fourth, my favorite holiday and gained 3 but lost it yesterday because I was driving around so much (kids party etc) that I was car sick most of they day so didn't eat much.

Time for me to get up and try to do something. I was not able to move much yesterday after 4pm or so headache and stomach ache and felt weak. I was hoping to do super cuts yesterday and yoga max today. But since that didn't happen, I hoping for yoga today.

WOOT!! WOOT!! CONGRATULATIONS LORI!! :eek:

So this weekend was spent mostly outdoors, on a bike or in a kayak. Yesterday I followed Sacagawea (DH) on a 67 mile bike ride (which started out as a 40 miler). We were seriously lost for 20 miles or so. Total miles for July so far is 190, I think this is a record for me. I'm going to hobble through the first workout in Meso 2 this morning. My neck is a little stiff this morning.

Diana, I hear you on the snake fear. We were cycling around a beautiful quiet lake we had never seen before and thought we would bring DS back later to fish, until we came across a four foot water snake in the road. Big, black, thick thing. We both changed our mind quickly. It brought back memories of swimming in a lake when the kids were tiny and someone yelled "water snake". I think DH ran on top of the water to shore, leaving me behind with both kids. Those things move so fast on top of the water!

Wendy, are you signed up to do a Spartan race? Those races look intense! The training link you put up looks fantastic.

I was checking out the thread on Tosca's sugar free diet and someone posted a link to another plan: Your 90-Day Best Body Challenge - Oxygen Women's Fitness - Oxygen Women's Fitness I'm thinking of trying the meal plan portion, it looks very do-able.

Hi Ladies,

I'm up a bit late this morning. Not sure what w/o I will do today. I'm leaning towards X10 or TTM.

Tina-glad you were out enjoying the long weekend! Kayaking is so much fun. My brother lives on a lake in Montana, basically the lake is his backyard! The meal plan looks great. I may print it off at work today.

LL-sorry for the confusion. I think nutrition is the toughest part for most of us cathletes. We have the exercise down, the nutrition factor is always a struggle. I do not eat bread, tortillas, pasta, etc nor do I eat dairy. Giving up the processed carbs has helped a lot with my waistline, bloating etc. I've also started taking probiotics which is also helping a lot. My normal day is a green smoothie (made with fruits/spinach or kale or arugula/liquid is water or coconut water or almond/coconut milk. My recipes make 2 smoothies so the other one is an afternoon snack. Lunch is a home made salad with a can of tuna or chicken on top and an apple w/almond or carrots/cucumbers and hummus. I'm kind of a grazer. Dinner is a protein and steamed veggies. My downfalls are chocolate and the occasional alcoholic beverage...which do nothing to help my weight goals. Check out the link in Tina's post. It looks pretty good.

Wendy-are you doing another Spartan race? The training would be perfect to do on our football field.

Laura-I saw on FB you were fishing! Did you get any of the torrential rains or were you safe on the other side of Fl.?

Well I should probably figure something out. I really want to run but don't have time.

bbl

Hi Ladies. :)

I am sore from y'day's work out. :) Later on today I have a date at the park with hill sprints and a 30 min trail run according to the training plan I am following. :eek:

I taught a 45 min class this morning and have a team training session to teach tonight at 7. I was supposed to have a 9am PT today but she didn't show. :mad:

In a few minutes I am off to Target so that DS can pick out a B'day for a friend who's party he is going to in a couple of days.

Tina/Di:: Yup, I am doing a Super Spartan in September. I did this one last year too.

LL:: IDK my BMI currently b/c I am not happy with my weight so I refuse to figure out my BMI or body fat at the moment. :mad: As of today I am on a mission to lose some pounds. Once the scale starts to head back down to where it belongs, then I will check my BMI and BF%. I see no reason to add insult to injury by measuring them right now. :eek:

BBL!:cool:

MONDAY

Hello Ladies ..

been swamped here at work!

YES - we have been fishing .. trying to get those last snapper in before season ends .. and man DB caught the biggest one we have ever had on our boat .. it was also DN B-day .. he had a big one .. got to go deep sea fishing 2 weekend in a row .. and also got his very own brand new deep sea rod and reel :eek: he was a HAPPY CAMPER :D:D:D:D we came home SAT .. and was able to get in the pool and cook out - then yesterday .. I got in a Pi-Yo workout SWEAT .. OMG .. FUN FUN FUN .. and yes I DID sweat on that one!! she LOVES her some tricep pushups and pushups in any form .. no wonder her shoulders and arms look like that - it was tuff . . and my butt cramped up SEVERAL times .. it works the crap outta your butt and inner thighs also!!

LORI :D:D:D:D:D SO PROUD OF YOU .. but honestly thinking you deserved FIRST place .. you look AWESOME!!!!!

Wendy - I hardly think you have to worry about your BMI .. ha .. crazy girl!!!

Di - it is always the "worker bees" that get overlooked .. your company will realize what they lost ;)

Di and Tina .. well I too had a run in w/a RATTLESNAKE WED afternoon .. OMG .. one of my dogs almost got bit on our buggie ride .. DH thank GOD was with us and he chopped his head off w/a limb!! they are running wild down here!!

Tina - OMG 67 miles .. and LOST on a bike .. OK .. I almost had panic attack just reading that .. LOL!!! glad you made it home safely!!

LL - for what it is worth .. i think 145 is too low of a weight for 5 ft 9 inch woman ... i have been doing a lot of reading up on how exercise effects us differently at different ages .. what works when you are 20 is not gonna work in your 40's .. etc ... almost every article I have read said for people in the 40's need more WEIGHT work .. and yoga/pilates ...and on diet more protiens - I cant remember how old you are .. guessing in your 30's ... for 30's they said SHORT interval plyo like sessions combined w/weight work ... anyway.. just food for thought!

OK - so I did heavy weights at lunch - and this afternoon .. I am doing a short 15 minute SeanT workout (posted free on youtube) - then a short Zuzka core session!!

have a great one!

OK ..

Thanks for info and support! I am 43 for the record. I checked out the link briefly that Tina (fit mommy?) posted and I didn't really get past day 2: I don't like egg whites (I typically do the whole egg, which I guess I could do, but 3 or more eggs just seems like a lot at one sitting unless I don't do any veggies or fruit with it) and I saw cottage cheese (ick!), I haven't found a way to eat: yogurt/cottage cheese/ricotta cheese/milk w/o gagging. I like full fat cheese and ice cream type stuff. :) or :( depending on how you look at it! Nor have I found a protein powder that doesn't seem grainy. I'd love to hear suggestions. I just tried a few from Whole Foods, ones that had single servings, including Garden of Life.

Poochy- pls share the site about what women in their 40s should be eating. I've been trying to increase my protein. But only because of the 21 day fix containers. I try to stay away from bread (maybe 1 slice a day) and pasta (once maybe twice a week).

Today I had: banana with 2t peanut butter for breakfast, lunch was a smoothie with bananas, strawberries, blueberries, flaxseed, 14g of almonds and ice and water, snack: 8 almonds, dinner: cucumber/tomato/red onion salad with olive oil and H. salt, sautéed zucchini, tomatoes, artichoke hearts (packed in water), shallot, garlic in olive oil with fresh basil and oregano, 3 WF meatballs in tomato sauce over 1/2 C whole wheat pasta. Then I had some dark chocolate chips, but then Hubby came home with a Chick Fil A chocolate shake....this is more of a typical day minus the shake. But maybe the shake isn't that atypical??? I've been having too many desserts lately.

Tina- your biking sounds incredible! Scary but fun to be lost for 20 miles??

Lori- congrats!!

I was hoping to get in LIS Slide and Glide but it's 9:05, not going to happen.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.