Damage Control in January...Thursday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Morning Girls.

So I've finally found something that is working! Since I've decided against marathon training for now, the extra pounds have been melting off of me and I am smiling again when I look in the mirror! The weight gain was prompted by eating lots of crap towards the end of the summer but then was compounded by a ton of cardio (running) and most likely not enough food. I am soooo happy I've figured it out and feel like I have control again. Phew! :D

Today's work out is scheduled to be a Power Strike/Body Strikes combo, a Cathe floor work segment and BBC Abs. I have the day off though and Joey has school today so I may change the remainder of my week around in order to do a longer work out today and a shorter one tmrw.

Let me get this posted and I'll be right back with personals!:)

Diana: Sorry about the crappy eating. Why not bring your own food to the meetings? Nope, haven't heard from Ang. I miss her. I have to think she is fine but just busy.

Laura: ITA about our situation in this country. I hope Obama can make some positive changes. I think I am due to receive CLX on Feb 2nd too! We can do our happy dances together! :D

Good Morning Ladies!

Have major DOMS going on in my back today...and my tri's are still feeling it as well:) Gotta love it. Today is shoulder work, which I am looking forward to. I love working shoulders and biceps...thats about it though:p;)

Still contemplating ordering STS. I keep reading that everyone is receiving their orders and now I want it to:( Samething happened when 4DS was released. I didn't preorder it and didn't think that I needed it but I HAD to order it after everyone else had it:eek::) Regardless it won't be a rush decision. Everytime I think about running to get my c.c, $400 pops into my brain:eek:

Wendy** Glad you figured out whats wrong with ya;) I regained alittle weight last year and didn't know what it contributed to. Before Christmas I wasn't really eating meals, just picking, then after Christmas when I realized that I needed to start eating more, I was also picking in between my meals! :eek: I never did get back to 117 but thats o.k...
DS is alittle to young to not have naps somedays but there are days he doesn't seem to need them. I think he is kinda getting out of them. He went to bed last night at 8 though, and went right to sleep BUT he was up before 7 today:eek: Which means he WILL be having a nap today and I WILL be getting my workout in:)

When DS went to bed last night I ran 6 miles on the TM. Im not sure what todays cardio will be but Im sure I will think of something.

Im going to read yesterdays thread and I will bb!

Lori:)

Laura** Sounds like you had a good workout the day before. DOMS all over makes it hard to move without screwing up your face and everyone asking "whats wrong" LOL THEN you appear to be one of those gym rats that no one really wants to talk to! haha!
My coworker called me later that evening when I was at work and mentioned the note she left, I told her that I had wrote "why" on the note and she just kind of laughed. I told her that I only had like 4-5 visas to do and she said "oh, thats all" Clearly she knew thats all I had considering she had seen the other visas I did and the monthes were Jan-Oct! I think she just wrote the note for my boss to see...not that I care. I am starting work at DH's store next week to see if I like it, if I do, and the sitter will take DS extra days, I think I am switching careers:)

Diana** Hmmm...yesterdays work was a dieters nightmare:eek: Thats alot of carbs...the only thing that I would have wanted was the cookies though. Not big on crossiants or bread for that matter.
I tried putting DS down for his nap yesterday afternoon @ 1 but he didn't take it, I still got my weight workout in though:) Something as to give cause Ill lose my mind if I am home all day with no naps...but the day is going to come when he isn't napping anymore, I have to face it.

Jacque** Are you done reading YET? Apparently there is a lot of material to read?

I will bbl to report my workout!

Lori:)

Lori: I guess each baby/child is different. You have to figure out a schedule that works best for your child..and for YOU too. :) My son was always a great sleeper and a big napper. He slept for a couple hours every morning and every afternoon when he was a baby but past the newborn stage. Eventually those two couple hour naps melded into one long afternoon nap of 3-4 hours. He's still a good sleeper but the naps are beginning to fade out now. He still takes 'em but not every day. They also usually aren't as long as they used to be. Yesterday was an exception though. It was dark n dreary outside and he naps longer on those kinds of days so he was in bed for about 3 hours! :) Sometimes even if he doesn't want to sleep I just insist he go up to his room and occupy himself for a while (we moved all of his toys up there a couple weeks ago! YAY!) if I need down time or want to get something done without interruption-like my work out. ;) There are a million ways to work it, keep at it and you'll find something that works for your little guy and for you.
I know when/if I go to re-buy STS eventually I will want to kick myself for cancelling my preorder but seriously...It is not a program I want to do right now and CLX is. I couldn't justify purchasing CLX with STS about to be released because even at it's pre-order price it was an awesome deal but not what you call CHEAP. I couldn't have a program like that sitting around collecting dust. In fact, I think I am going to make a pact with myself to do another full X rotation before I will "allow" myself to purchase STS. I really should use what I have, ya know? Heck, I have had the X+ for a long time now and only used it for a couple of weeks! :eek:
117 pounds!? Jeesh girl, I haven't weighed that little since I was in highschool! :eek: My happy weight (before the recent stinkin' weight gain) was 127-128. I couldn't even get down to 125 and if I managed it I'd never be able to stay there with out being miserable. LOL Everyone is different though! :)

gggrrrrr what a day

Morning Ladies - OK .. right now my blood pressure is flying thru the roof .. my PIA should get PIA of the YEAR award .. I have never in my life seen such a sorry excuse for a worker get away w/what she does :mad::mad::mad: I need some duct tape quick!!!!!

Just found out I have a "lunch" meeting :mad::mad: another way to screw us!!! :mad: .. but at least I could order what I wanted .. salad w/red wine vinaigrette .. BUT A LUNCH MEETING IS THE FREAKING LAST THING I WANT TO DO ... GGGGGRRRRRRRRR

sooooooooo .. can you tell I am ill????? LOL :p

Lori : sorry I get the "worst co-worker ever" award .. no way yours is worse than mine.. she is a pro-B####!! But even an amature evil PIA is bad and can ruin a good day!!! Beleive it or not I am STILL sore . OMG .. my entire core and the tris are the worse!!!!

Wendy : glad you got your problem solved (although I doubt you had much of a problem) .. LOL .. and ITA about the 117 pounds .. GMAB .. I would be anorexic!! LOL think I once weighed that when I was actually suffering from an eating disorder (totally cured now thank you) I got down to 102 # (I was nasty looking and knew it) .. now I weigh around 136 .. a little over 5'6' and muscular and that is a good weight for me!!! I get to looking "guant" in the face if I get down past 130 . . my weight loss mainly shows in my face ... (I gotta big head and face) I would be a HUNGA BUNGA woman next to you girlies!! LOL :p

ANG :rolleyes: I am really missing you .. hoping all is OK!!! Hoping the business is ok .. in this spiralling downfall of an economy anything could happen. Hoping you are just busy and doing fine!!!

Di .. I HATE when we have meetings and they bring in CRAP for food .. down here it is usually ALWAYS BARBQUE ... how much freaking barbque can men eat??? I like it but not at lunch .. not at work .. not at every meeting!!! {{ ack }}

OK .. I am going to put some duct tape around my mouth ... maybe jog around the building .. find something to HIT (like a big bush or PIA head) .. and try to bring my blood pressure down!!! :) Have a great one!:D

OH .. no workout at lunch .. but tonights class will be my plyo/superset no weight UB and LB / core (yikes) class!!:confused: Hope I can make it thru!!!:confused:

Hello!

Well ladies, my work out is done. I opted for something totally different from my original plan but it's still all stuff I wanted to get done this week so it works. ;)

I started with R&C Chest/Bi/Tri. I mixed it up by doing all of chest (no push ups though-don't need them!), then I did the rest in this order: hammer curls, lying french press (I sub in overhead press as my left elbow HATES the lying french press!), traditional bicep curls and finally the tricep dips. It was nice to change it up and gave the bi's and tri's a little rest between exercises which allowed me to go heavier. When that was done I did IMAX 3 blasts only (YEOWZAS!) and finished it off with Joey's standing ab work from BBC. I am FRIED and lovin' it! :D

Laura, C'mon now. You are 3" taller then me and weigh less then 10# more then me when I am at my "happy weight". Hunga bunga woman my butt! :p We all look great! We are just built differently so what works for one doesn't work for the other. :) My face gets very thin too. I have to watch out for that. :confused:

Gotta grab a quick shower and a snack and then head over to pick DS up from school.

BBL to see if anyone else popped in!

Ciao!

Hiya girls!

No - I did NOT trip and fall off the end of the earth. *lol* Sorry I haven't been around in a while girls, but I have been terribly busy and my "me" time has been very scant.:( I have to confess that I have been lurking a bit here and on the STS forum. I'm supposed to get STS today!!:D I'll be waiting for the UPS man to show up around 4 or so. Of coarse, I have to pick up Cam from basketball practice at 4:30.:confused: I can't wait to preview it. I have already done X L&B and ARX today. I needed a good leg workout and was gonna do BBC but decided I needed some back work too so I settled on the X. It's been a while since I've done that one.

I've been noticing the last couple of months that my low ab pooch is starting to go away.:) I think it is b/c I have been doing more cardio lately with Sean and the EXT really pulls those muscles in. I wanted to increase my cardio before STS got here so that I'd be ready to go on the weights and I AM READY!!

Geesh - even the weekends have been hectic. This is my busy time so I'm not sure if I'll be MIA again.....but I'll try to stop in and say HI.

Wendy - Glad you are getting things back on track. I love when I figure things out. Seems like this fitness/weight issue is just a big puzzle for everyone.....and it's a different puzzle for everyone, which it makes it even more maddening.:eek:
I'm just opposite of you......I just HAD to have STS and really want CLX. *lol* I am so intrigued about the short CLX workouts and I know I will get it someday but I'll go thru STS first and then go from there. Cathy said that CLX has quite an intense focus on the legs which also has my attention. My rear needs some help and I think a strong focus on that would do me some good. My shoulders and chest are my weak muscle areas and I think STS will help with that......but I don't know if it will also help me with my cottage cheese rear or not.....I sure hope so! Although, I will never be perfect with my eating so maybe it's a lost cause. That was another reason I pulled out X L&B today b/c that seemed to help with the backside more than anything else for me.

Diana - So you've had some early mornings eh? Yuck! *lol*
Did Cody have a good trip when he went out to see the girls?
Glad to hear you are liking CLX. You got the basic package didn't you? I'm not sure if the basic or deluxe is the way to go. I think Cathe cardio is hard to beat, so I think maybe I would just use that for extra cardio options, along with Sean on the EXT.
How's the new (old) job going? Are you liking it more now?

Laura - Hey girl - how's that shoulder treating you lately? It doesn't look like it's slowing you down much. DOMS everywhere huh? Did you get STS yet?
Our business is doing OK. It's more difficult to get money though. We've had a few bounced checks.....which makes me soooooo MAD....and we have to be diligent in scheduling trucks....but other than that we are hanging in there. Things are definitely slow and look to be getting slower really soon. Thankfully DH and I do not believe in debt, so we don't have many payments to be concerned about. That should definitely help us weather the storm, unlike many of our competitors that have all of their equipment on payments. I would not be able to sleep at night!!
Oh, I'll bet you job is stressful now.....although, it sounds like most of the stress is PIA related. Maybe enough customers will complain and she will have to answer to them?? Sounds like she knows just how much she can get away with though. Grrrrrrrrr

Lori - Hate to enable here.....but YES.....get STS!! LOL! I can't wait to get my hands on it. I can only imagine what kind of pain she has in store.
So are you doing workouts later now since DS is not taking naps? How are you liking that?

I gotta git going.....I have to get some CEU work done today before I pick up Cam from school.

I miss you guys! Big ((((((hugs)))))) to my girls.;)

Angie

ANG!!!!! Great to see ya girl! :D Glad everything is A-okay and that you've just been busy. So I thought of you when I peaked outside 5 minutes before having to leave to pick DS up from school and saw that the UPS guy had left CLX for me. LOL It's nicely put together. I'm impressed. I will be reading the book it comes with tonight and will start previewing this weekend. I am very excited! I admit to being weepy about not getting STS as well but I just couldn't justify both purchases and I knew STS isn't what I wanted to focus on at this time. I can't wait, however, to hear what everyone thinks once y'all get started on your rotations. Do you think you'll do the 3 or 6 month rotation?

Oh, how lovely! People keep getting nice surprises in the mail:mad: Im sooo happy for all of you:rolleyes:!

DH's response to STS today was, " I thought you were saving for your trip", "How many more moves can Cathe come up with" and " I think you have 40 dvds downstairs now" Ahhhh...what a big 'ole party pooper:confused:

Laura** Sorry you had to deal with your PIA coworker again today. Im pretty sure we all have those. My sister always has stories about a girl she works with..actually she lost her job, and she was a nurse:confused: Thats how awful she was!

Angie** As you can see from my above paragraph, I don't think I will be ordering STS just yet. My sister was home for 3 monthes and I was hoping for it to be released earlier b/c she could have changed the shipping on her order and I could have tried it:) But she is leaving to go home on the 15th..not enough time. I wish I could workout first thing in the morning but thats not going to happen, unless I get up before everyone else. Working out in the night time isn't easy cause I am tired and usually full of food:confused:

Wendy** I think DS needs naps somedays and then some days he doesn't. He never naps at the sitters anymore, I think its partly b/c she doesn't want him to. She likes to go out in the afternoon and if DS naps, then she can't do that. It sucks cause he isn't fit to look at by the time I get home, but Im usually tired to cause I have been up since 5!
Before I had DS I could never maintain 125 either. I use to get there when I was super busy but then when life returned to normal the weight came back on and I usually weighed 128-130. I hated it at 130 but the scale wouldn't budge and I didn't have it in me to diet. Now I pretty much maintain 122-124 just by working out...and oh yeah...chasing around a 2 yr old who doesn't like to sit still:confused:

So todays workout was S&H & GS shoul, 3 mile run,4DSBC (cardio) and 4DSKB abs.

I will check in again in the morning! I have to workout in the a.m so I will be up bright and early!

Lori

Hey ladies !

Late getting here today - not a great morning so am about ready to go hit something cardio. My rotation, which I have pretty much ditched this week for 1 RM"s has Drill Max Cardio Blast up for today. Not feeling THAT much energy though ! :eek: Am planning on hitting as many leg 1 RM's tomorrow AM as I can so better save a little energy for that.

Diana - well your early days are over, right ? Yee haw it's Friday tomorrow. Good job keeping up with your workouts and now you can eat your own food ! I am not a fan of eating out any more cuz I always seem to bloat up for a few days. Hope your day tomorrow brings a good close to the week !

I finally got my shipping notice but won't have STS in my hands until Tues. Chose ground and in checking out my shipping notice it went to UPS on Tues nite, sat there all day and was scanned out last night. As of tonight at 8 PM it isn't showing any progress. :confused: Oh well, I may kick in a bunch of cardio this next week and start it on Mon. 2/9. The little bit of extra cardio I've done lately is helping me in the fluff arena !

Wendy - Super to hear you're in the groove with the right eats and exercise lately. And now you're on your way to doing CLX. Are you starting soon? Wish we could all either do CLX or STS on a similar rotation. Maybe one of these days. Great workout today ! I am loving the 1 RM cuz I am lifting quite heavy compared to the regular Cathe DVD weights. Don't fret over STS, cuz like Angie, I am tempted to get CLX too ! I still go back to CTX when I want short and sweet with a little more cardio. I liked P90X but all the push ups and pull ups don't work real well with my shoulder cricks. :( In no time at all we will have waaaayyyy too many 3 month rotations and will have a hard time getting any variety ? :eek:

Lori - Bummer about the no nappies, but it will work out. My youngest stopped napping at 1 1/2 and she was awake from 7 AM to 10 PM. Yep, and she was running around the entire time. I never did figure out how to bottle nor transfer that energy ! :p Hope you enjoy working at the store and can get away from PIA at work. Will it work out for you to be around DH and his partner all day or is it large enough so you won't be in close quarters?

I'm not thinking I would order STS if it was $400. The $210 I paid was pretty steep even though it is a GREAT DEAL. Perhaps there will be some who don't like it and will be willing to sell? :rolleyes: That won't be me, but just a though ! :D

Laura - Whoa girl ! Just what are we gonna do about that PIA, huh? I might know a guy who might know a guy who might know a guy . . . :p Hope class went well - I have no doubts you'd make it through ! Not sure about the DOMS in the AM though. ;)

Angie - thanks for popping in even though you are bogged down. Don't ever feel bad if all you do is type "Hi, I'm alive but really busy !" :D We just worry ya know . . . :eek: When you have a chance, let us know what your STS plan is. Think there may be a couple of us that will be doing it.

OK - off to my cardio session - this took a bit longer than I had planned.

See you in the AM !

It's here!!!!!:D

Of coarse, it came when I was at the school picking up Cam. I called Cody and asked if the UPS guy was there yet and he said "gotta go.....he's pulling in the driveway!":eek: I wanted to drag Cam outta there pronto! *lol*

The kit is georgeous.....just can't believe how many freakin' DVDs are here. I previewed a couple of em' and WOW! I can't wait to get started. It's gonna take me a while to figure out which one I want to do tomorrow. I previewed the first disc thinking the endurance meso would be circuit like....uh....not so much. It looks freakishly hard....poor Brenda looks like she wants to scream.:eek: Funny how you don't really notice the reaction of everyone else when you are in pain along with them, but when you watch it.....it's kinda funny. Ya, I know the laughs' gonna be on me soon enough.

So, I will be started the program on Monday with disc 1. I haven't really looked at the guide yet, but will get to that this weekend I'm sure.

Wendy - Are you going to start CLX on Monday? Maybe we can do this together with different programs? They sound similar enough to be able coincide dontcha think?
Oh, I don't know about more than 3 months. Although, the boredom factor should NOT be a problem with this series like in P90X since the DVD's are all different. I think I'll just start with the 3 month rotation and figure out if I'm going to extend it after 3 months.
Are you going to do before and after pics?
I'll bet you and I will be buying CLX and STS at the same time. *lol* Probably in 3 months or so??;)

Lori - Wow! I guess I wasn't aware that the price had gone up so much. Geesh! My DH said the same thing...."how many of those Cathe DVD's do you have?" LOL! Uh, dear, you just bought a 4 wheeler last week......so don't worry bout it!:p JK with him though....he doesn't care about my fitness addiction....it could be worse.:confused:
I'm not a morning or an evening exerciser. I usually workout between 3-5 in the afternoon. It's a good stress reliever doing it after I get home from work. Oh how I wish I was an early riser though.....it would be nice to get it done early some days. Although, the last 2 days I have been done before noon.;) *lol* That's about as early as it gets for me.

Jacque - Hey girl! I missed you guys. But, I DID get my CEU's done today which is a major thrill for me so maybe I can get some of my free time back.:)
Tell me you're gonna start ASAP!! I'm aiming to start Monday since I have been waiting to start this rotation for a month (or longer) but like someone else mentioned, with a rotation this long surely most people will be off a few days here and there due to illness and other stuff that seems to get in the way. If it's a 3 day per week thing....we should sinc up quickly. What do you think?
I saw a post re: a new STS checkin. Can you imagine how many people would be in that one?? It would probably take half the day to read thru the posts. *lol* I'm sure the boards will be a buzzzz for a long time. It's gonna take awhile for everyone to get thru all of these.
I'm just in awe of Cathe's arms!:cool: I want arms like that!!! Just amazing!

Off to do some more previews......ER's on, but I think I'd rather watch Cathe......

A shout out to Laura, Diana, Shirl, Jen and DeeDee.:D

Later chics;)

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.