Damage Control in January....Friday Fun

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning!

So is anyone doing anything FUN tonight? :)

Diana: Thanks for the book rec. I have heard of it before. I'll have to pick up a copy one day.

Laura: Now the room was freezing cold? LOL I'd take that off the heat any day!!! My gym was too darned hot the other day. I tried to run, barely made it a mile before I had to stop b/c it was just too warm and stuffy in there. BLECH! They don't have fans in there which is something I think they need to install. They have fans in the spin and class studios but not in the main areas where the cardio/weight equipment is. I wish they had a suggestion box but you know what? The owners are too cheap. They'd never go for it. :mad:

Lori: Vacationing with others is a double-edged sword for sure. Hang in there....you are only in the planning phase. You still have to survive the actual vacation with everyone! :eek: LOL :p DH and I have been vacationed with his sister, her fam and her hubby's fam a few times. They all plan the trip and then we tag along. I like having more people to hang out with but we have no choice of where to go. We could opt out and go somewhere on our own but TBH, anything longer then a maybe a few days somewhere with just DH, myself and DS would get boring for me. I know that sounds awful but it's true. This year DH and I are getting the chance to go to Vegas for a week with out DS! I am sooo excited! We leave on 2/28! DS will be staying part of the week with my inlaws and part with my mom. WOO HOO!

My leg is feeling tons better so my plan to run and do Squeeze this morning is alive and well.

I am going to get my hair cut and re-permed at 11am. I need it badly but hate going. I am too impatient to want to sit there and have that cr@p done. I let my hair go far too long with out being cut, etc exactly for that reason. :rolleyes:

I also have to go food shopping but I think I will do that with DS right from school. I've been doing that the past couple weeks and it works out pretty well.

Better get this posted before Lori sneaks a thread in on me and then accuses me of being blind again! :p

Good Morning!:)

Hey Wendy....no accusing you of being blind today! But you are actually blind somedays, Im not making this stuff up!:p

Todays workout is suppose to be PS legs but I have L&G's on my mind and thats probably what i will end up doing. I was wondering what rotation to do after this one and I think I have decided to do circuit workouts for the rest of the month and then start FF's Dec rotation over again in Feb month.

Im interested in seeing what happens the next 2 weeks. My dad isn't working in town anymore so he won't be here for supper and our family friend that is staying with us is gone for 2 weeks. I have been wondering how much money I will save on groceries with 2 mouth's gone? I picked up groceries a week ago and there is still tons of stuff here to cook b/c my dad wasn't here last week and neither was DH.

Wendy** I have vacationed with my sister and her husband before so I know what to expect. They are site see'ers while we like to hang out in the sun. We are thinking about getting 2 rent a cars so that they can do whatever we like. I won't feel the need to go wherever they go and Im sure they will feel the same. As for our friends, the same thing applies. I have a feeling that we will all go to Disney together but I am hoping that everything else will be more laid back (or hoping) We need a break, not a break when we get home.
I didn't know that you get your hair permed? Would you like for me to send some curls down your way???? I hate getting my hair done to! Well, I don't mind getting it done, i just hate sitting there for that long, thats why I end up doing my own hair most of the time. Im not looking forward to the day when I actually have grey hair to cover up...then I will HAVE to go:(;)

I have to run out today and buy a couple of gifts...which I am also tired of spending my money on other people!:mad: There have been waaaaaaaaaay to many b-days this month and still more to come! DH's grandmothers b-day is at the end of the month and what on earth do you get a 83 yr old? For Christmas we (thought) went halves on an electronic picture frame for her. Totally my SIL's idea so I gave her my share of the money for it ($35). Then a couple of weeks before Christmas they go and get her something else and now we have to give them the other $35 for it, so I end up spending $70 on her when normally we only spend $25 or $30! I was sooo rotted! I spent more on her then I did on my own mother! I won't be tricked into that next yr and if they ask us to go halves on something Im going to say "only if you don't back out the next time" Then they will know I wasn't impressed about last yr. So on my GMIL's card I feel like saying "....your b-day gift is the other half of your picture frame" ! LOL

I will shut up now!

BBL!
Lori:)

Friday Fun For sure!!!

Morning Ladies ..

Well .. our boss decided to get generous and let us off at 3 yesterday :eek: ... it was wonderful! but could not find a sub for my class .. so I ended up canceling .. that is the only thing about teaching after work .. I am so tied down .. and I live 30 min. from town ..so if boss gives me 2 hours off I am taking it. :D DH had invited a housefull of company .. so it was a GOOD thing I got off early... get some things prepared b-4 they arrived .. so I went on home .. made some marinated coleslaw .. then took my dogs for a run .. came back and did cleanmax on speed .... then we ate and partied and laughed .. it was a really good time ..

This weekend we have our LA buddies down .. AND our FL buddies down :eek: :eek: ... so our weekend is packed full .. think we are going to the FL buddies camp and cook tonight ... then tommorrow going to the LA buddies camp and eat w/them ... :D .. FUN and FOOD and CABS all around. So this means NO skimping on my w/o this weekends .. got get up and at 'em!!

Wendy ... my weekend will be a busy one as you can see .. gonna be fun!!!:) VEGAS??? WOW .. we are going in April or May .. would have loved to have planned a trip together .. I loved Vegas .. so much fun!!! I know you are excited!!

Lori .. the food recall (not sure it affects you b/c you are in Canada right??)... OMG .. the FDA issued a massive food recall b/c of tainted peanut butter and peanut butter paste .. b/c of Salmonella !!! they recalled a bunch of snack foods, snack cracker, health foods, energy bars, fitness bars, dog treats and diet food (like nutrisystem) .. it just seems everytime you turn around something has infected our food chain .. sure makes you wonder!!! LOL about DH comment on the boobs .. ITA .. WTH I didn't get boobs till I was like 16 .. and then it was nothing to brag about!! LOL and the kids LOOK OLDER than we did :eek: ... is that a sign I am getting older or is it real??? :p

So today I am going for a run and try to fit in my heavy LB in the gym!! Tommorrow I have a date w/Sean!! Then Sunday .. SIL will prbly tackle muscle endurance or MM!!!

OK .. gotta jet .. to all that follow .. have a great one and great sweaty w/os .. I will BBL to see what everyone is up to!!:D

Hi Ladies,

I slept so good last night...I'm sure it helped that I was exhausted from not sleeping the night before! At any rate, I slelpt in a bit but then did Burn Circuit 2. It's a good thing these workouts are shorter.

I'm looking forward to starting the next phase of CLX. Doing the same 5 workouts every week for a month gets old fast.

I think we may be rearranging the basement, well it won't be fun but it sure will be nice when it's done!!! Jerod is going to a birthday/slumber party tonight. DH just called and is meeting me lunch:p;)

Wendy-glad your leg pain is gone. Enjoy your new 'do!! I saw that AOS is having a 20% discount on a new kb w/o. I wish they had more previews. Not sure I can justify another kb w/o right now thought but may try to sneak in another purchase:rolleyes:

Lori-IA, I much prefer to spend my money on my own family too. Maybe you could give Grandma a nice framed picture of the kids or even one of your family. We usually take MIL out to dinner for birthday, mother's day etc. So is Canada excluded from the peanut butter recall?

Laura-You have a busy weekend ahead. It sounds like a lot fun, spending time with your friends etc. How nice to get a few unexpected hours off.

Jen-didn't you have to go back to work this week?? How is it going so far? Hope you are recovering and getting back in the swing of things.

Calling out to Angie & Jacque-where are you ladies???

bbl

Driving by to say it has been a H#!! of a week and TGIF ! ! ! I need to catch up on my Cathe checkin friends !

BUT FIRST I need to go do my leg workout so will BBL to find out whatchall have been up to !

:D

PS legs & abs DONE ! and I feel good.

Well . . .

Wendy - yep, fun for me right now is doing nothing. Have plans for stuffed pork chops on the grill so dinner will be good for a start. Then probably some sleep which had been in short supply just like Diana ! :eek:

So Vegas, huh? That is only an hour flight for me ! Seeing as Laura likes it too, maybe we ought to plan a LV GTG one of these days?

Think about it girls !

You posting pics of your new do for us? Hope the leg feels better soon and you got your errands run.

Lori - good to hear you finally got your trip booked. Hope all goes well for some R & R. Sounds like you will be having a nice quiet couple of weeks - good for you.

Laura - well party hardy lady ! Sounds like loads of fun ! I may be pounding out Sean tomorrow too cuz I don't think I want to do 4DS which is on my rotation. Never got the HIIT done earlier this week and it will definitely fit the bill.

Diana - good to hear you slept well last night - tonight it's my turn ! :eek: Did you enjoy your lunch today? I haven't had lunch with my DH for eons. How absolutely fun !

OK everyone - send the "normalcy vibes" in my direction. I need to get back on a regular schedule soon or I'm going to go nuts ! Between work, not sleeping and sinus headaches I feeling like I want to throw in the towel ! UGH !

Tomorrow I'll be going up to visit with DS, DIL and GS and can't wait. That will be a good start to a new week.

Have a good evening if you make it back ! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.