DaMaGe CoNtRoL HUMP DAY!

Alright...yesterday didn't go as planned. I didn't take DS to his apt b/c his cold was still ragging and his eyes were puffy so it was a trip to the Dr instead. Luckily I got in with my own Dr and I find out that it was just viral. I figured that b/c his eye didn't seem to be bothering. He would have been rubbing it if it were. So no preschool either and I am unsure about today b/c he is still pretty stuffed up and now he is coughing!:confused: I was hoping to get one day to myself but I am going to be working alot the next few days so its best I hang out with him when I can.

Yesterday's workout was STS disc 23 (I think or maybe 22) Chest,shoulders and tris and MIS C/S/T. Then I did MIS abs. Surprisingly Im not that sore:mad: Maybe later. After DS went to bed last night I ran outside with the dog for 9km. It was a beautiful night but I was getting a little sick from my dinner.:eek:

Yesterdays eats were:

B-Fibre 1 and skim milk
L- I can't remember, I think I picked
S-Cheese and crackers
D- Spagetti, w/mushrooms and peppers, multi grain noodles and a small peice of bread.

I know that a handful of S&V chips,candy and coffee crisp bites were part of my day as well......:eek::eek::eek:....maybe that was my lunch! LOL

Wendy** I usually eat more when I am working, TBH I don't get hungry when I am home. I chat with you guys while sipping my coffee so its usually 10'ish before I am even hungry. But when I work I am up earlier,therefore I am hungry earlier. I put my bagel off on purpose on Mon b/c of my long run. I knew I didn't have time for breakfast and lunch....that was when I thought DS was going to school. The last time I ate those noodles was when I was pregnant...so gross!:eek: Use to eat them alot as a child as well, DD still does! I was just craving them one day but I can honestly say I haven't craved them since! Are you still asleep!???

Laura** Sorry to hear work was crazy for you. Is PIA still taking those diet pills? LOL Maybe that is why she is out sick!

Jacque** I have never heard of cat fish tacos:confused: Im not sure I would like them!:p You guys eat late,dont ya? I use to work with a girl who use to eat super late.She didn't have any kids and would go home and smoke dope all evening....of course she would get the munchies and eat all evening until she decided to put fries and nuggets in the oven. Some evenings I would have to drop the key for the hair salon off to her and she would be as high as a kite....but so HAPPY! LOL

Diana** I love weights so I can see why you would want to add it in there. Fill us in on Jen's daughter...what happened? How old was she? Was she sick? I don't know her and she isn't on my FB. My heart goes out to her!

Today's workout will most likely be STS back and bics,MIS back and bics and cardio. I was thinking about trying out my new sneaks on a half descent long run but I doubt DS will be going to preschool.

BBL!
Lori:)

In the middle of my sts workout and I keep forgetting to say how much the Denise girl and the guy with the big muscles irritate me! And I don't know why! LOL Even though these workouts are all on seperate disc I do believe there are clips from other workouts mixed together? Anyone else notice that?

K....off to finish bics!

Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies,

I'm pretty tired this morning so a short w/o will have to do. This project is really stressing me out and I couldn't get to sleep until late. I did sleep pretty good though, just not as much as I needed.

Lori-I hope DS feels better soon. I don't know how you can run after eating dinner. I do my cardio on an empty stomach, I feel sick otherwise. Yes, I've often thought the same thing about STS. I eat much better when I'm at work, with my preplanned meals.

Wendy-I hope you feel better too. DH has been sick the last couple of days, but he did go in to work this morning but said he isn't feeling much better.

Morning Ladies.

Day 3 of no work out for me. I am NOT happy. :mad: In addition to that I ate a bag of cheddar Goldfish AND a bag of peanut m&m's at work y'day and, as I posted last night, I had a bagel with butter and jelly for dinner. :eek: I am sick without many healthy choices in the house right now. NOT a good combination! Couple that with lack of work outs AND going away for 5 days on Fridays and I am sooooo not happy!:( Just when I started to see progress and was getting happy with myself again too. GRRRRRR! :mad:

Lori:: Hope DS feels better soon. No breakfast until 10? I would die unless I had slept until 9! :eek:

Diana:: Sorry your DH is not feeling well either. Stinks to be sick. I felt awful y'day afternoon and really thought I had some raging fever by the time I got home from work y'day. To my surprise my temp was only slightly raised. I took advil, used afrin nasal spray, took airborne and drank my own version of a Hot Toddy and was feelin' pretty good in no time. LOL Unfortunately it didn't last forever though. BOOH.

BBL~

Happy Hump Day Ladies !

Well lunch was at work and didn't get to eat it all, off to the other site and not home until after 7 PM. 45 min SS on the TM was on tap but I was starved so opted for dinner and early to bed. Slept well but still kinda tired. :confused:

Lori - not sure how you eat as little as you do and still do all that running and working out? I have to eat more than that and my workouts are very minimal compared to yours. Truth be told I'd rather not eat much but know I need to so stuff it down anyway. Hope DS feels better soon !

Wendy - well good to hear you got a nice night's sleep. Try not to stress about your workouts as that won't help either. ;) You will get back on track once you feel better, you always do. And you are getting good at workouts away from home so surely you will do something while you enjoy your vaca this weekend.

Diana - bummer these work issues are stressing you and keeping you awake.:confused: Did you get your info from the other group so you can at least launch the program? Think you'll be done by week's end or will it go on next week too? WOW on Jen's daughter - haven't checked it out but will in a few . . . :( That is my biggest fear. DS2 called Sun to say he dumped his bike (Harley) while dodging a car and ended up breaking his fibula - said he is in a cast. TG it was that minor ! Keep DH away so you don't catch what he has ! ! ! :eek:

Laura - WOO HOO for your football game this weekend ! Can't wait for hockey to get going myself. . . Good eats you posted - why are you thinking you need to 'clean up'? How's DH been doing lately ? ? ?

Eats y'day:
B: flax, milk, protein powder, double fiber toast w/PB
L: cottage cheese, fresh homemade salsa, cucumbers (only 2/3 of it :()
D: chicken breast, refried beans, La Tortilla, pepper jack cheese, LF sour cream & avocado (YUM !)

2 MGD 64's (dessert, Ha !)

Back to report!

For some reason my back already sore....not sure why that is, related to yesterdays workout some how. Anyway...I did STS back and bics (disc 24) and MIS bics. I opted not to do back 2x's cause it was already sore. Then I did 10 mins on the TM, 6 seg of Imax3 and 4DSKB. Its been a while since I have done a step workout other the HITT. It was a nice change and not easy:confused: I am guessing when this marathon is over I will have to incorporate step more often.

Diana** Sorry to hear work is stressing you out. Work doesn't normally bother me, its the other things in my life (like a teenager) that gets to me. I was also dying for a little down time yesterday and didn't get that. DH worked all day and went right back again after dinner so I didn't get a break. He ate and left. I was kind of hoping DS was gonna be well enough to go to preschool and he probably is....I just know that they don't want him there like that and I can't blame them. I waited 3 hours before I ran last night. I can usually manage on that but I think I should have ate a little bit less and I wouldn't haven't felt the way I did. My BIL runs right after he eats dinner and I have no clue how he does it. THinking about it makes me wanna throw up.

Wendy** On another note...have you tried the pretzel m&m's!? LOL Remember that day before my b-day when I did the race here and then did another 10k after (after being out until 3 a.m and eating pizza before I went to bed) I was as sick as a dog but when I came around I ate a full bag of those. Chocolate covered pretzels are one of my weaknesses. Im sure once you feel better you will go back to your old ways! When I get up at 8:30, have my coffee, do some house work and then I am ready to eat. I can't eat right away. I choose to wake up earlier then I have to when I have to run a race b/c I have to force the food down! This marathon doesn't start until 9 though.

Jacque** I bet you feel well rested today. Sometimes maybe I should just go to bed. NO worries....my eating (the stuff I don't REMEMBER;)) makes up for my lack of meals! LOL YOu didn't over indulge yesterday either!!! :eek: It all sounded yummy though. I use to eat alot of cottage cheese but got out of it when I was preggers.

O.k...so far today I have had:

B- steel cut oats, wheat germ and half a banana
S- peice of a brownie.
L- is gonna be left over spagetti!

Lori

B: oatmeal with natural p/b
S: grainberry cereal w/craisins and milk , graham crackers w/cheddar cheese
L: (will be) tuna
S: (will be) almonds & apple
D: (will be) ????

Jacque:: I am tired too but I know it's cause of this cold. That's why I didn't work out this morning. I could have if I had any interest in getting out of bed at 4:15. :rolleyes: I have no problem working out on vacation but I am going into it w/o any info on where we are staying so it's hard to know what I'll be able to do. It's a big beach house that will house multiple guests and I have no idea how it's set up. We will also probably be staying there with strangers. UGH. I don't want to disturb anyone w/my exercise so I will only be able to do it in our bedroom which may be too small. I won't know anything til I get there. Not happy about this. :( Would have much rather popped for our own hotel room but the groom's mom rented the house for the couple's out of town guests to take advantage of free of charge. I could never justify staying elsewhere to my DH.

Lori:: I do not eat right away in the mornings either. During the week I get up at 4:15. Do my work out at 5am and do not eat until atleast 6, sometimes not until 7am. On the weekends though, b/c I get up later (usually between 630 and 7am), my body is already getting hungry cause it's used to eating at that time 5 days a week so I am normally eating on weekends no later then 8 and then have to wait to work out until I digest a bit so work outs wont' normally happen until atleast 9am on weekends. No matter what though, waiting until 10am to eat for me is NOT happening! LOL

Last edited:
Hello Ladies

I had to go fill in in another office today ... just for about 3 hours or so .. and the office is 30 min away so my dday should go by fast :).. got my hair done and I luv it .. we are letting the layers grow .. gonna keep layers .. but longer ... sometimes it is a pain growing them out too .. ugh .. but I am liking the longer length for now!!! DH cooked a pork tenderloin on the grill last night .. OMG.. it was soooo good ..
so for supper ystdy: 3 grilled pork medalions - peas - and some mac and cheese (had a small portion - mmm it was soo good) oh and the bad part: couple of CABS while watching DWTS :eek:

B: vitamin shake
S: small strawberry smoothie w/some thin pretzels
L: grilled pork tenderloin - peas and mac and cheese
S: apple
s: ??? DH cooking again ... prbly grilled chkn breast

Lori - yes PIA is still on pills - I have my doubts she was sick .. says her "throat hurt" .. and she is talking fine .. ??? I think she had been out of town celebrating and had to recoop and clean house (yes this is her m/o)

Di - OMG that is horrible about Jen's daughter what on earth happened????? I will chk out FB // I dont eat clean all the time - usually DH will blow my good intentions but he knows I have been wanting to eat better for me and him... so he is doing ok on cooking .. he is gonna fry smpth soon .. I feel it though .. LOL

Wendy .. where r u going for 5 days??? I missed that .. man I hope you get to feeling better and more yourself ..

Jacque .. yes I was MORE than please w/this last weekends game ..WOOHOO .. we play Kentucky this weekend .. and the coach says it will test us .. soooooo?????? like I told Di on the eats .. I do eat clean most of the time .. but when I am bad .. I AM REALLY BAAAAAAAAADDDD :eek: .. and DH .. he is out of doghouse b/c he did apologize .. but he knows I am still not real happy with him .. :p

OK .. better run .. it is lunch time .. and gotta jet .. today no lunch workout since I am in another office .. I will be back in town to teach .. and going to do 4 step torture class being light on pushups since the shoulder is rebelling .. ugh .. have a great one!!:D

Laura:: Going to Myrtle Beach, SC for a family wedding. Leave Fri, come back Tues. Traveling by plane with DS for the first time ever-nervous about how this will go. :confused: I hope I am feeling better too. Will likely be a bit of a tense trip for me as it is and if I don't feel well it will only make things worse. :(

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.