DaMaGe CoNtRoL HUMP DAY!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning:)

It's nice to be off again. No real plans for today. I need to workout of course but I don't know what else we will do.

Still not sure about the race this weekend. My friend thought I was going but she isn't depending on me. She is driving with the girls she works with and there is room for me as well. Like I said to DH if I do it and I do it faster then last year, I will be happy I did it. But if I did it and didn't do as good, I will be rotted that I have to work next weekend! LOL Wouldn't have been so bad if my coworker worked the following Monday so I could have my b-day off. I think its the greed that is getting to me.

Gonna read yesterdays thread to see what I missed!

Lori:)

Diana** How are you feeling today? Hope your not coming down with a bug or something. What kind of results have you seen with heavy legs. I steer away from doing anything heavy with the legs cause I don't want them to get any bigger. I have gotten use to the size of my legs and I know they are never gonna get longer or leaner now;) On top of that I don't work legs very often! LOL

Jen** Have fun cleaning!:D

Laura** How did you do with wrapping up your hand? Couldn't you lift anything? I think we are gonna put DS in preschool. My prob was breaking it to his sitter. There is a high demand for sitters so I don't think she will have any trouble filling the spot. I sent her a message on FB b/c she is gone alot. Just told her the situation, I also wanted to get her thoughts on it.

DS is nagging for the puter again..."mine puter":mad:

Good Morning Ladies,

I slept great last night and am feeling a bit better this morning. This darned head cold is dragging me down, we all caught this bug on vacation. Who knew that clean mountain air could cause this???

Today is Cardio Recovery and I hope to do back & biceps also. We'll have to see how the day plays out. DS1 needs to get his license situation figured out or get a state ID card in order to fly with the girls next week. Otherwise, grandma is going to be flying them home. I actually took the day off to take the girls to the zoo or the waterpark this morning.

Lori-you should run the race if you want to and it should be for fun, not for time. You run because you enjoy it! All that running you do does work the legs, don't kid yourself. My legs are getting more definition and less soft, although I still have that nagging inner thigh fat that is really bothersome. I've been doing squats with 115#, lunges 75#, hack squats/inverted leg press 315#, leg extensions 100#, leg curls 85-95#, straight leg press 175#. Can you request your bday off? I've been taking my bd as a vacation day for several years now, usually do a spa day-pedi, facial, dermabrasion...whatever I want.

Laura-thanks for the advice. My weight has been bothering me a lot lately which is why I've gone back to working out 1-3 times per day. BC days are 3 w/o, morning..lunch and evening. Cardio am, wts at lunch and bc at night. I may shift things around and see if it helps. This aging thing is crap.:mad: How is the thumb doing today? I certainly hope it heals quickly.

Jacque-must've been a busy day for you yesterday since you never made it here. Hope you have a wonderful day.

PunkyJen-I remember the kids helping the teachers clean out their rooms. If you have the same room next year it's kind of pointless IMO. I do understand that walls get painted, cabinets get cleaned etc. Besides, you get to look forward to stocking it all up and creating a new classroom space in a few weeks.:p Happy Cleaning!

Wendy-I'm sure you are enjoying your vacation at the beach! Have fun missy!

bbl

Good morning ladies !

Busy busy week, is it Hump Day already. Glad I have Friday off to get ready for the Garlic Festival. Not sure how much I'll be going or doing but all the kids will be down at one time or another so don't want to have chores to do. :p

Last night I plunged into a 'slump' mood right before I left work and so just checked out some work stuff on the computer and fell asleep very early. No workout - needed cardio but was too 'ugh' for it. Hope I am feeling it tonight. So as I just went to check y'days thread I can't believe I didn't post? WTH? I know I read most of it ???

Lori - ITA about putting DS into a more preschool astmosphere, especially if you think he needs to advance a little more than he is prior to starting school. We did have a daycare person here in town that did preschool type activities with the kids she watched, but she was not the norm for daycare.

Even when my kids were in school, those that had not had some sort of "formalized" socializing/structure in a classroom type atmosphere were behind since it seemed like it was expected. I was a SAHM but did take my kids to the local rec center preschool classes half days for T/Th to start, then M/W/F when they got older. Just that little bit helped them tremendously. When I helped out in their classrooms, especially in kindergarten, you could tell the kids who had not been to any preschool at all. They had to catch up. Not sure if that is what it is like where you are or still true these days, but structure is what they need and it definitely does not hurt them at all if it is a good place.

Besides, then you at least know they are good or do well for others, even if they have you wrapped around their finger ! :rolleyes:;) Doesn't sound like you are into that race anyway - Birthday coming up huh? Any good plans?

Diana - Did you get a better night's sleep? Nice job on your workouts. I know I'm a little older than you, but am really starting to feel like age does make a difference. Either that, or the stress and lack of consistent sleeping. And I'm like you, stopped taking vitamins - need to start again to see if it helps. I wonder if the hormonal changes make a difference too? And Laura's thought about doing too much in one day . . . maybe your body is just tired since they are killer workouts. Kinda remind me of the RT and I'm not sure I could do those week in and week out. Hope you are feeling better, especially since you are off for 2 days !

Laura - well great job kicking a good workout in. Sweaty is good, exhausted isn't always necessary - though I know you love your DOMs . . . :p Hope you were able to hold your weights last night . . . what about a weighted vest if you can't? Or holding them on your shoulders like they do in The Firm? I do that something with Cathe workouts because my carpal gets bad if I do lunges for too long.

PunkyJen - hope you got all your 'stuff' moved outta the classroom yesterday and were able to enjoy at least part of your day ! LOL - you crack me up with your "Wonder Women" :D

Wendy - thinking you might be back today ? ? ? Saw the pic of Joey on FB - too cute !

Have a great one girls !

Hi Ladies,

This morning I managed Cardio Recovery plus Back & Bi's from MM. I took the girls to my work and then we went to Costco. They are both finally down for a nap...grandma may need one too.

So my house is a disaster and I just can't seem to find the time to clean it. The clutter is piling up but its hard to go through everything with the girls here and needing so much attention.

Jacque-hope you feel like getting your cardio in today. I do feel better today but the head cold is still lingering. I started taking my vitamins again yesterday and should notice a difference in a couple of weeks of taking them consistently.

bbl

Hi Girls!

I'm home! Coming home from vacation is always bitter sweet, don't ya think?

We had fun despite the fact that the resort/town we were in didn't have much to do. It was nice though. Next 2 years we are planning on a cruise and Disney and after that we will pick another destination for a beach vacation.

I worked out Friday morning before we left (30 mins of BM2 cardio), rested Saturday, worked out Sunday (30 mins TJ Cardio Party + BBL ankle weight floor work) and Monday (1/2 of SS Tone It Up), rested Tuesday and am about to do my work out for today.

Putting STS on back burner til September (when I will start from the beginning) which means P90X isn't going to happen cause I'm not starting it unless I can finish it. Not sure what my plan is until then but I'll figure something out.

Hope you girls had a great weekend and first half of the work week. I can't believe I have to go right back to work tmrw. BUMMER but atleast it's only for two days!

Diana:: How did you vacation wind up? I know you were bored. Turn out okay? I could have been mega-miserable on this vaca with so little to do but I was in a good frame of mind and was able to make the most of it so it turned out okay. Thank goodness. Even SIL/BIL and DH who like to do "nothing" on vacation said there wasn't enough to do. I think that is what made it better for me cause I knew I wasn't alone so we were all making the best of it, ya know? :)

Okay, off I go to pick my torture for today...no idea what that will be. Perhaps I should close my eyes and point to something. LOL

Later babes!

Wendy-wow, you did a good job keeping up with your workouts! I can't believe I just read that you did half of bm2 cardio...it is one of my favorites but I realize stepping isn't yours.:p I started Insanity this week and am continuing my 4day/wk heavy wt. program. Honestly, it was not a fun vacation but it was nice not to have to go to work. I also took today and tomorrow off and 2 days next week to spend with the girls. Hope you enjoy STS as much as the rest us when you get back to it. Maybe you can give Bob Harper a try for a while.:p;)

Hi Girls!

DH is gone out with his buddies so its a great time to catch up. Its getting harder in the a.m with the puter hog:p

I didn't do my workout until tonight. I started cleaning in the morning and by the time I was done it was to warm to run outside. I saved it for tonight and did 14k but my belly was not happy with me.That's the way it always is when I run at night.

Diana** My house needed to be cleaned today as well. Its been a while since I started from the top and worked my way down. I didn't get the basement done though. May be a job for tomorrow. I decided not to do the race.When I do them I like seeing a difference in my time...never for fun! LOL I wouldn't consider myself a competitive person but after a race is published in a newspaper, I like to see how many people were ahead of me. Not that I plan on catching up to them, I just like to know so if I did that race this year and didn't do as well...after switching weekends, I would have been ticked. In the meantime if it were my weekend off I would have done it and if my time wasn't as good as last years, I wouldn't have been hard on myself. I just decided today that if my coworker can't compromise and give me Monday off, then Im not doing it and she can suck it up and work the whole weekend. I will do the local 10k that is held her on Aug 1st though.
That is some heavy leg work! Holy! I don't think I could lift that! LOL

Jacque** So you have a short work week? What is garlic festival to be exact? I guess it involves garlic and alot of people who smell like garlic! I love garlic but it sticks with me.I use to eat alot of those frozen meals and DH always complained! hehe! Hope you got your workout in tonight!

Wendy** Sounds like you had a good trip! And ditto what Diana said! You did good with your workouts. When we were in FL last year I would always go to the gym on the days were weren't going anywhere. I think I only gained a pound or two.Have fun at work tomorrow!:p

I think Im gonna hit the sack! I wouldn't mind having a snack but my belly still hurts from that run!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.