DaMaGe CoNtRoL HUMP DAY!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

I set my alarm to get up @ 6:15 and I rolled back over until 6:40!:confused: I guess I won't get everything done that I wanted to get done.

Yesterdays workout had to be cut short b/c a friend of mine (who is moving) called and asked if I could watch her little girl, while her and her DH went to the lawyers to signs papers. I managed to get a 5 mile run in and abs but I really wanted to do weights yesterday. There just wasn't enough time!:( So I thought I would do them this morning but now I have over slept. I will figure it out. Even if its only 2-3 body parts.

I am going to check out yesterdays thread...then I will return!

Lori:)

Last edited:
Alright......

Wendy** I may have to check out these workouts you are talking about, although I am going away in a couple of weeks and I need money for shopping instead:p But my B-day is in Aug as well so there are reasons to buy things just around the corner. Did you order the new dvd after?

Diana** How did you do with PH and sore legs?? Im not sure I would have tackled that, unless I was just mildly sore. I hate blinds...but I threw them in the tub wiped them down and then hung them outside to dry and it wasn't so bad. Its a good thing I did them all on Mon cause its been raining ever since!

Jacque** Hope your sinuses aren't giving you to much trouble. DH always as allergy probs this time of year...never good. we have had so much rain though that they haven't been acting up.

Laura** How is your belly?? Did you get a good workout in?

I also cleaned DS's room, the hallway and the main bathroom yesterday! On fri I may tackle the porch and the living room. Im not looking forward to the kitchen!

BBL!
Lori:)

Good Morning Lori and all who follow.

Well, surprisingly enough I am really not sore from y'day's work out! Wow! I thought for sure I'd have major toilet seat issues! I have been working the butt a lot though w/BBL so I must have built up some endurance there! BUNS OF STEEL, BABY! :cool: lol

Today is a rest day...well, maybe. I am not working out this morning at home but a friend of mine invited me to go as her guest to a toning class tonight at the gym she belongs to. I'd love to go but it's going to be a rush to get there by the time I get home from work so I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet.

Laura:: Just call me the great enabler! I have everyone on the bandwagon to torture their lower body these days! I love it! lol So did you order the mat work out yet?? Jen was supposed to order all 3 Toniques last night. I'll let you know if she did or not! So when do you plan on trying your first Tonique work out? I'm dying to hear your reaction!!!! ;):D

Diana:: I did splurge already for my B'day with Tonique! I will probably order that Michael Olajide dvd today though and then that will be it for a while.... Not sure how I'll fair with the jump rope part of Aero Box but I am hoping that I will love the boxing/kickbox portion which is why I am ordering it to begin with!:D

Lori:: Sorry your w/o plans keep getting messed up. Hate when that happens!:mad: I am sure you will find a way to get it all done in good time though! As I told Diana, I will probably be ordering Aero Box today! :)

Okay, that's all for now. BBL!

ETA:: AERO BOX ORDER PLACED!:D

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

It was so windy yesterday...80 mph. Thankfully the wind died down a bit before the baseball game. Jerod was great at bat. He's been struggling at bat lately. Last night he smacked balls into the right/center field and deep left field. He's really been working to improve his swing and it is paying off.

This morning the rotation calls for a short step w/o, I'm doing Imax 3. My upper body is sore this morning...ala power hour. Not sure why, but my legs are feeling fine right now. It was a bit of a struggle with all the lunges yesterday though.

Lori-the house I'm in now has shades and I love them. We had to take them all down when the new windows were installed and we still haven't put them all back up yet. Hopefully I can get DH to do that this weekend. I am cleaning my kitchen this weekend, and my closet/dresser soon. See what you've started....;)

Wendy-I'm enjoying doing more cardio this month. You must have the best legs evah!!! I previewed the Tonique discs and we do a lot of those moves in bootcamp believe it or not! Not as many as she does but the moves looked familiar to me. Hope you can get to the gym with your friend, it's always nice to try something new.

Jacque-I woke up with a sinus headache this morning. I took something for it as soon as I got up and its starting to feel a bit better already. Imax 3 should clear the rest of it up hopefully.:D How did the Sharks do last night?

Laura-I previewed the Tonique discs yesterday also. You're getting the mat work too....I hate mat work. Many years ago a group of us gals would do Buns of Steel w/o at lunch...oh my. Who new no weights could hurt so good!

Happy Hump Day!!

Diana:: I actually hate my legs if you must know the truth which is why I am working them so hard lately! Glad DS is seeing improvement in his batting. Love it when hard work pays off! I have to find a way to fit more cardio into this rotation. I am missing it!

I posted to Diana earlier that I needed to find a way to include more cardio into my current 5 day rotation that is lower body focused. Here's what I came up with. What do you all think?

1) 30 mins Lower body (Tonique/BBL) / 30 mins Cardio
2) 30 mins Lower body (Tonique/BBL) / 30 mins Cardio
3) Upper Body work out / Cardio if time allows
4) 30 mins Lower body (Tonique/BBL) / 30 mins Cardio
5) 30 mins Lower body (Tonique/BBL) / 30 mins Cardio

Rest day will be inserted wherever and I will ofcourse do my best to keep up with daily ab work if it's not already included in whatever work out I do. :)

Happy Hump Day, Cinco de Mayo and DH's boss' BDay ! ! !

Well shot from work to go watch the game last night - CANNOT BELIEVE IT but the Sharks beat the Red Wings again to leave the series 3 - 0 ! ! ! Both teams played well but we stuck it out just a bit longer and had a BEAUTIFUL pass to score in OT. Man oh man will it be another toughie in Detroit tomorrow night. So this is me right now :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Unfortunately while at the game my headache that came on mid day got so bad I was almost crying by the time we got home. Then I called DD (who went to the urgent care with breathing problems y'day) and she is at the end of her rope trying to make ends meet, has medical bills and a High Deductible health plan and a car that is acting up. I don't know what to do cuz we are not rolling in the $ right now at all. :( Suppose I may try to help out somehow . . . I am so sad and though she can be dramatic, I think she is really losing it. Poor thing turns 21 in a couple of weeks and is feeling like a loser. UGH ! ! ! Nuf said - no workout y'day. Please oh please cross your fingers my head holds up today so I can get some of this frustration out in a workout tonight !

Wendy - so happy your workouts are going well and you are getting everyone else to join you ! :p So Jen is in her new house now ? ? ? With her new workout room? Way to go on the LB and abs - guess you are doing enough for both of us, right? ;)

Lori - oh how I want your energy right now . . .I'm hoping I'm done with my yard soon so I can get started on the house again. Hope you got your weights done - or at least part of them. I so know how that goes these days.

Diana - Woo Hoo for Jerod's batting last night. ITA that it is grand when your practice pays off. IMax 3 sounds like fun for some reason?:confused: Guess it is the need for a really good workout. Hope your headache went away. Mine is lingering and hopefully y'day was my 3rd day which usually is the end of a bad bout. I am not gonna do well if it hurts again tonight ! :mad:

Laura - so how did the class go last night? Were your peeps able to walk out of the room or are they still laying there after your torture? Has DH figured out when to get his DL renewed to go get his winnings? That is soooo coooollll ! ! !

Time to head off . . .

Hi Ladies,

I decided to work from home today. I didn't have any meetings scheduled and brought stuff home last night. Just a conference call at 2:30 and that's it. You may hear a lot from me today.:p

I LOVE IMAX 3!!! Great w/o this morning and then did power hour abs that I missed yesterday as I was out of time. To top that off...I'm pampering myself a bit today. I've already used a facial scrub and have a mask on my face, put a bit of olive oil in my hair and its wrapped in a towel. Wouldn't be able to do this at work. I'll be starting laundry after I get a roast in the crock pot! I've been quite productive so far today. Yes, I'm getting my work done too.

One of my male coworkers asked to borrow Insanity. He's a heavy weight lifter type, not much cardio at all. I can't imagine going from walking on a treadmill to Insanity. I told him they were super hard and to stop when he needed to...just like Shaun does.:D

Wendy-you're so petite I would've never thought you had leg issues. Well you are workin' them good that's for sure. Hope you like the results. I've been trying to hit abs more often too, 3-4 times per week at least. Guess I'm going to have check FB to see Jen's new digs! I'm so happy for her. Has she picked a wedding date?

Jacque-Wow, the Sharks have the series at 3-0...AWESOME!!! Sorry to hear of DD issues. My oldest DS is having the same problem. He was just notified from the IRS that his tax return went to his ex for back child support. Hopefully he will be getting a better paying job soon. He's paying current, but obviously didn't pay for 8 months when he wasn't working. That adds up fast. Hope you feel better soon.

Laura-You'll have to let us know what your class thinks of your "new moves"! They will be hobbling around tomorrow for sure.

bbl

Hapy Hump Day!

Morning Ladies!!!!

SOOOOOOO {drum roll please} DOMS report: butt, hammies, inner thigh ... not as bad as I feared but they seem to be BUILDING as day goes on :confused: .. it hurts to cross my legs and making the grunting noises if I have to bend down to get something :D

Wendy oh Wendy ... soooooooooo super duper enabler friend of mine ... my DOMS are YOUR FAULT!!! :p OK .. soo I did 1/2 my plyo class .. then I did about 1/2 of the second part of first disc .. but instead of doing 30 reps like her with light weights I did 20 reps w/no weights ...and it STILL kicked my butt ... class was moaning and groaning .. and sweating .. BUT that being said .. my plyo moves are DEEP and HARD on the legs .. sooooo will be interesting when I acually do Tonique ..have it scheduled for SAT w/SIL .. who is cussing you already!!!!:p YES i ordered the mat one too .. hoping I iwll have it by FRI ... :confused: :D .. oh and your rotation looks right on the mark .. very similar to what my brain has cooked up:)

Lori ... my tummy is STILL not right ... UGH .. kept me up ALL last night .. I did manage a TOUGH workout though ... so that was good ... I would take somthing .. but if it is food poisoning they say NOT to .. it needs to get out of your system .. ?????

Di ... OK .. your post FROM HOME made me soooooo jealous!!! shame on you!!!!! :mad: JK :p LUCKY you .. that would be AWESOME .. congrats on DS batting improvements!!

Jacque .. woohoooo for the SHARKS .. wooohooo for Jacque :D .. but sorry for the DD probs .. and your headache and worries .. that could be contributing to the headaches .. stress .. it is a B!!ch ... DH got his licsence renewed YESTERDAY and got birth certf too .. we leave out today :eek:

OK .. sooo taking 1/2 day vacation .. heading out w/DH hoping to collect the winnings ... will be on vacation tmrw .. soooooo workouts are gonna be null and void today and tmrw .. but something tells me this weekend is gonna make up for it .. plan is to do tonique and bbl tummy tuck :eek: SAT .. if we can still move SUN we are gonna do second disc and mat work :eek: hoping to get in mat video tmrw!!! OK .. so I gotta jet .. have a great day .. and great sweaty workouts .. workout for me too!!! :D

Hey Girlies...I'm getting a lot done today. I have a roast in the crock pot and washer and dryer are both going. I'm taking a lead from Lori and cleaning the Kitchen. I've broken it down into sections, 4 countertops, top of refrigerator, outside cabinets, inside cabinets and inside refrigerator. I'm not counting the oven since its self-cleaning, but I will do that tonight. This way I will still feel accomplished even if I only get some if it done.

All this clutter is really stressing me out. Our dressers and nightstands are covered with books and magazines, shoes are all over the floor, closet is packed. Maybe I will get to our bedroom this weekend. Again though, I will break it into sections, top of dresser nightstands, inside dresser and nightstands, closet (not looking forward to that one). I wish I was more organized. No better time than the present to get busy on that.

Laura-it's nice that I'm using the laptop in the kitchen so I can do some of this cleaning. Will be fun collecting all that dough tonight!!! Not much you can do about food poisoning, it does just have to work it's way out of your system. Hope it passes fast and you feel good for your trip.

Diana:: I feel your pain on the disorganization and clutter! UGH! When you are done with your house you can come help me with mine! :D

Well, I'm back from the class. The gym was LA FITNESS and the class was an endurance lifting class. The class was pretty decent but the instructor sucked on so many levels. UGH. Ofcourse I got bombarded when I walked in about joining but I didn't bite. The gym just isn't good for me at this stage of my life. Sorry buddy! :p Ofcourse he tried to downplay the "home work outs" that I do. I didn't argue with him but was :rolleyes: behind his back. :D After class we made a fast b-line for the door and made eye contact w/no one so that he wouldn't stop me again....

Guess that's all for now. I just ate a protein bar. Time to rinse off and relax with my nightly glass of vino before bed!

Talk to you in the a.m. ladies!:)

Last post from me tonight...I promise! I'm doing good on the kitchen so decided to just keep on going in the Kitchen tonight. Should have all the outside stuff cleaned, and inside the refrigerator too.

Oh my good, I feel great right now. Just finished my 2nd glass of champagne. Actually, I think it's just sparkling wine...but it was delicious just the same. One of my coworkers gave it to me after I told her I like Champagne. It's called Prosecco and I enjoyed 2 glasses of it. I'd have another one but the bottle is empty since DH also had 2 glasses.

I mentioned that I was looking into a career change before. I've contacted an Aesthetician School to see what is involved. The other thing I'm looking into is becoming a certified fitness instructor. I'm not even sure if I could make what I currently do doing both of those things part time. I'll keep you posted on what I find out.

Wendy-I find it hard to believe you are disorganized. Maybe a bit more now that you are working full time. How's that going for you anyway? Do you like your job? I would love to work part time but it's just not in the cards right now.

nighty night!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.