Damage Control on HUMP DAY!

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

I think the font size changes the sizing of the letters....so I am making this bigger:) Kinda like it!:eek:

So its rather lonely here this a.m. We said our goodbyes to our family friend before we went to bed last night. It was hard for her to say goodbye to the kids, especially since DS finally gave her a name. We use to call her Roxy so he gave her the name Fosey the other night. I know a lot of people wonder how we could have someone living with us but I have to say, it was a pleasure having her here. She was a great help. She babysat the kids, did my housework (sometimes) always cleaned up the dinner dishes,and just helped out a lot in general. I just thought that when she moved out it would be some where here in town:( but we can't blame her. Her ex is here in town and her new bf is away working and that is where she belongs. I wouldn't want to live in the same town as my ex either if there is no need, she didn't have kids so whats done is done. In the meantime it is nice to have my parking spot back in the driveway and the closet space in the laundry room. She had so much clothes that she had every nook and cranny taken up in this place!

We went out for dinner last night and I downed my drink like I knew I would;) It was soooo yummy! I didn't do to bad with everything else though. I had a nice greek salad, whole wheat wrap and my meal came with dessert that I shared with the rest of the table.

I am going to see what I missed yesterday. I went to checkin yesterday morning and the next thing I know someone is knocking on our basement door:mad: Seriously...why does this stuff keep happening to me!? I can't even enjoy my coffee in the a.m with no bra on for crying out loud. It was a guy who works at DH's store, just blew in out of no where, knocked on the basement door, I took off upstairs cause I was still in my jammies and he then purshed his a$$ at the kitchen table. Nothing like it! DH was not happy! He said that he was going to tell him about it. He only came to get the hockey gear that was in the garage but he should have called first and you don't just wander through someones house. What about if we hadn't heard him at all and I was getting ready for work? I often zoom around with just my bra and underwear on. I was fuming! Some people know no boundries! And I wonder why I am a *itch lately!?

Lori:)

Last edited:
Wendy** I think I would do the same thing on my lunch break....actually I do! I try to sneak in whenever I can. My boss never use to hang around that much but every since he found out the place was sold, he is there all the time. Mind you, he isn't doing anything...he never does do anything, just sits around and talks. Then he will get up and wander around for a bit. Kind of drives me...he must have SOMETHING he can do. Much DOMS from the GS's yet?

Jen** Sorry to hear you are sick! Hope you are feeling better today! I think I would drink if I were a teacher to:eek:

Laura** So do you even own a shovel? :D Im sure if you get snow it won't last long. DS and I made snow men the other day. Actually, I made the snow men while he ate snow. Its the first time I have made snow men in years! It was fun but I forgot how heavy that snow is once its all balled up! Good workouts btw...even without a good set of eyes! LOL

Jacque** Trying to workout at night is tough. I use to do to it and of course had no trouble doing it back then. Now that I workout in the a.m, working out at night is even harder to do. I can only do it if I have a cup of coffee after dinner and I don't eat much.

Alrighty....need to get this workout started. Not 100% sure what I am doing yet. Probably just a run for cardio, or I could do a run and then 4DSKB for a change.

Good Morning.

I am taking Lori's lead and making my font bigger. :p Maybe I will also change the color too! :D

So I talked to my boss y'day and he basically told me to stay home today if my son has no school because of the snow storm we are getting. Well the school called last night to cancel classes for today so I knew I wasn't going anywhere unless there was nothing on the ground when I woke up. Ended up getting a call from him this morning that the bank closed for today anyway! :D

Today's work out (so far), is going to be GS Shoulders and CCC. My chest is soooooo sore from my work out y'day! I really pushed the envelope on the chest work. Went too heavy for having not done strength work in a couple of months! :rolleyes: Well I guess the moral of the story is...be careful what you wish for! I wanted DOMS and I sure got it! :eek::eek::eek:

Lori:: Sounds like saying goodbye to your house guest was bitter sweet. I would be thrilled to have my space back though! That would drive me nuts! LOL

Whoops! I just realized that I made coffee a while ago and never drank it! I hope it's not cold! Better go check on it! :p

BBL

Good morning, chicas!

Another day at home for me, in part because I'm still feeling crappy, in part because I didn't see the point in braving the weather if I'm feeling like this. It's all good, because I've always loved a snow day :D

Lori: I'm sorry to hear you're feeling lonely without your house guest :( I'm sure you just need the time to adjust. I think I'd have a hard time having people stay with me, but then again, it probably depends on who it is. I stayed with my sister after my divorce for 8 months before I had enough money for a place of my own. I had a blast, and I think she did, too! But the fun was starting to wind down by the time I finally left. I started to sense her edginess and got my butt in gear fast because I didn't want to have anything damage our relationship. I will say that the stay didn't take a toll on any of us...we all have pretty good memories from it...but it's likely because she has a 4000 sq. ft. house and it was easy to stay out of one another's way :p Moral of the story: considering the way you feel today, I think your house guest left just at the right time ;) (Kind of like Seinfeld did...)

Wendy: So how much snow did you get? They're prediciting about a foot for us. It's just starting now with flurries and I wonder when the real dumping will begin. The kids did have school today but the school decided to release them early so they'll be home before lunch. Best of both worlds there...get 'em out of my hair for a few hours, then home to enjoy the storm. I'm jealous of your workout....I'm not feeling up to THAT yet. But I will probably preview some new dvds that I just got :D I've been reading a lot of good things about BBL but haven't decided to take the plunge just yet. Do you think you will?

I need a new pot of coffee. Will bbl to see who's around~

Jen

Hi Ladies,

I've been busy running my kid around. Early morning basketball practice, leave work early to get to his basketball games, get home late etc. Today I'm working from home....and I can get the laundry done!

Yesterday I did Disc 14, legs. It was awesome...tri-sets...and I'm feeling it this morning. Well, I was only able to do 2/3rds of the w/o since I had to give Jerod a ride to school. The plan for today is to do the disc 14 warmup, finish what I missed from yesterday and then do KPC. The rotation calls for Step Moves but I need to save that for a weekend. I'm struggling with choreography but hope to pick it up after a few more tries. I think DS1 could probably do the w/o, he had to listen to me rewind and redo a bunch of times.:) He's living in the basement and we call him the basement dweller.

Lori-You seem to have someone staying with you almost all the time. It sounds like it was time for her to move on anyway. You are not a *itch. Its just that women do so much that goes unnoticed, and when we need help men just don't get it. You have to spell everything out for them.

Wendy-We had a few inches of snow the other day, but now its just cold. Glad you are DOM'ing! My chest is still sore from 30# flyes and 60# presses. Enjoy your day off! I try to go out and walk at lunch on those days when I don't have time to hit the rec ctr. It's nice to get some fresh air and take a mental break away from the desk.

Jen-sorry you're feeling under the weather. Hope you feel better soon. I've always wanted to build a new house, not sure if that will ever happen for us or not. DH mentioned again last night to some friends that he wants to move once Jerod is out of school. I love my house and don't want to move. I'll worry about that when the time comes.

Jacque-Hope your sleep cycle improves. The medication I'm on really helps me sleep all through the night. Oh yes, the frizzy hair thing...I got that too. On the days I do cardio in the morning, I have to wash my hair. Sometimes I just put some no frizz gel in it while its wet and let it dry naturally...and curly. The mornings I only do weights, I can get away without washing it and just use the straight iron. I feel your pain. I read on the SC forum how some girls just picked up Step Moves without any problems...wish I was one of them. I know I will love once I get it down.

Laura-OMG, step class with dilated eyes...you are crazy girl. Most of the snow was further south from where I live. We did get about 2-3 inches...most of it should melt today as the temps will be in the 40's. I was so happy for the Saints....they deserved the win...and all the celebrations that come with it.

Off to get that laundry started and get to work. My workout will have to wait until lunch time.

bbl

Hey Girls!:)

Workout this a.m was 5 miles on the TM and the 4DSKB. I forgot that the dvd skips. Im not sure why. I take care of my workout dvds...unless DD got her grubby little hands on it:rolleyes:

Wendy** You forgot your coffee? Whats the world coming to???? Enjoy your day off. Im guessing it is actually snowing? So do you have to much snow there to run outside in the winter time? I would imagine that you do.

Jen** I think everyone is making fun of my font size! LOL You may be right about her leaving just in time. We did have fun teasing her and even today when I was getting ready for work I was thinking, " I wonder what she has in her closet" Then I remembered that she was gone. Im thinking DD is going to have a hard time with this b/c she really enjoyed having her at the house.

Diana** Disc 14 is next for me and I am looking forward to it. Who knows maybe I will do it tonight if DH has hockey. Im guessing you enjoy working from home!! I know I would!

So the new owners are finally here. Im sneaking in on the sly hoping no one catches me!:eek:

Morning Ladies!!

Last night's class ROCKED .. I changed it up .. took three of my plyo moves - cut the reps in 1/2 - did them back to back .. then 30 sec rest - repeated - then did one weighted body exercise .. and so on ... in one way cutting the reps in 1/2 was easier but man did I sweat like I did w/Insanity .. something about that back to back to back thing I suppose .. and the WEIGHTS in between YOWZA ... yes the DOMing queen is DOMing again .. the lower buttocks and hammies are a hurtin!!! I was actually DOM FREE Sat, Sun, and Mon :eek:.. but I am in the DOM ZONE again today :p

Lori - I like the bigger font!! :D but I ramble too much would take up too much space :p:p cant believe the work guy .. OMG .. remember my garage FLASHING incident .. OH MY it took me a while to get over that .. we live in the country and I am used to getting ready mostly NUDE .. people usually always KNOCK .. that guy might have been met w/a shotgun if that were my house!! :p yes sounds like your friend leaving was bitter sweet .. but well timed!!:D

Wendy - SNOW DAY .. woohooo ..for you and DS!!!!! make the most of it .. of course if we get snow people will want a snow day ..but they are only talking one - 5 inches of accumulation ... but for us that IS a snow day seeing how it NEVER accumulate .. just hope it doesnt turn into a slushy ice mix b/c that is when we have major problems w/our roads and trees and power!! yes CRAZY GIRL I am .. my class said I was too .. the class was doable .. but the drive home was HORRIBLE .. couldnt see crap ... bet if I would have gotten stopped they would have thought I was on major drugs .. LOL!

Di - have fun working from home .. oh that would be soooo nice!!! yes stepping w/dilated eyes .. would not reccommend it .. but I guess I am so used to NOT seeing it was no biggie for me .. couldnt see crapola though!! LOL

Jen .. hope today finds you feeling better - you are lucky if you and DSO are not fighting building a house .. thought me and DH were gonna get divorced before we got our house built .. :confused:.. it was NOT fun .. but we drew up the plan ourselves .. and did most of the work .. and picked out everything by hand :confused: el-cheapo and my taste do not work welltogether!! :p

Jacque - hoping today finds you well too!!!!

OK .. so today I brought the ipod .. gonna do CC on TM and ONE body part (thnks Wendy) .. OOOORRR .. gonna do elliptical (if my sore arse will allow) and ONE body part!!! no class tonight have a HOT DATE w/DH ;) .. he starts midnights again!! UGH .. OH .. and Toots is in heat .. and Buster has gone BONKERS .. UGH .. no sleep at all in my madhouse ..Buster is molesting everything BUT Tootsie .. and Tootsie .. she could CARE LESS ... she is the ONLY one getting sleep :confused: .. got them by myself tonight .. UGH .. OK .. have a great one!!!

I must have SUCKER written across my forehead...I just ordered the BBL work outs from BeachBody! :p:D:rolleyes: I really need to list the ones I don't use on Amazon or Ebay cause once I start selling them I'll feel much more justified in my recent purchases!;)

I am trying to decide if I should sell CTX or not. I liked it alot when I did it but I am not a fan of heavy lifting for lower body. It just doesn't work for me- my legs get bigger and that is NOT what I want!!!! I COULD keep it and try leaving the L/B out of all of the heavy weight work outs and then add in a day or two of lower body work of my choice on the cardio days in the rotation OR I could just sell it....Decisions decisions. Anyone wanna weigh in on what they think I should do??? I also wonder if I should keep it cause I really like the cardio and endurance circuit work outs. I will not sell the deluxe dvd that I have for that reason. The ab work outs are pretty good too. Think someone would just buy the heavy weight phases?? *scratches head and watches smoke come out of ears* lol

I still haven't done my work out. I don't know what my problem is but I am just not motivated today....*sigh*....I will get to it though...even if I change it up to suit my mood, I will do SOMETHING....GS shoulders at the bare minimum WILL GET DONE!!!!!

Okay, let me grab my after lunch coffee before it too gets cold on me!:rolleyes:

BBL!

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

Back to report that the last triset of disc 14, and KPC is done. Sad to say that the roll-ins and pikes were harder than I remeber. I haven't been doing any pikes on the ball lately and should probably add a few in here and there.

I'm thinking of adding in one additional leg w/o per week. Simply doing the scheduled leg workout twice during the week. I thought about doing this during meso 1 but it just didn't happen for me. Maybe I'll have better luck with this mesocycle.

Oh, I'm still on the wait-list for my indoor bootcamp class!:mad: They did open up another class but it starts at 4:30pm and I can't make that. I'm hoping some of the school teachers that are in the 7pm class will switch to the earlier class time. I also sent an email to the rec ctr to find out if they are going to let us wait-listers in the class...its been two days and I haven't heard back. I'm on the wait list for the 7pm and 8pm class. ...crossing my fingers...the class starts next Monday.

Wendy-Did you mean CLX-Chalene Xtreme??? I sold mine too only because I don't care for the compound lifting. I can go much heavier for legs than I can for upper body. I did burn the 2 cardio w/o's though to keep for myself. Unfortunately, they don't play on my dvd player, only on the computer. I'm going to have to check out BBL, I'm not sure what that is. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

Laura-your class sounded fantastic, I would've loved it for sure! 5" of snow isn't enough to get a snow day here. It's just enough to make the commute suck! Most of our snow should melt today though. Have fun with your lunch workout.

Hey girls.

I think this storm is starting a lot later than what they predicted. It flurried for most of the morning, but it's only just starting to really come down. That's not a big deal right now, but I just checked the weather online and it looks like it means it's going to end a lot later, too. That only means one thing...no school tomorrow :rolleyes: Will have to put dear mom on alert for checking in on them if that's the case, because I really need to go back to work.

Diana: Building is turning out to be a piece of cake, but I was happy to buy an existing one, tbh. DSO was all about building because his main client is a building company. He was actually worried they would fire him if we bought an existing house in this town built by anyone else. Certainly not complaining though, because it's awesome having something brand new and made to our specs! Good workout today.

Lori: We liked your larger font idea! Not making fun at all.

Laura: DSO is a lot of things, but one thing he is NOT is el-cheapo ;) I have to reign him in at times and remind him that we can actually do things for ourselves and not hire someone :rolleyes: In fact, he's mentioned a housekeeper a few times. Now that might be something I consider ;)

Wendy: Hahaha! You took the bait. Honestly though, if the chatter is correct, you likely won't be disappointed. You'll have to keep us informed, of course. Yes, did you mean CLX and not CTX? I was thinking you meant CTX until you talked about heavy legs...

Maybe I'll work on writing out a rotation now. I'm going to need some serious damage control after these two days home. There's something about feeling like crap and snowstorms that really made me crave the comfort foods :eek: And with no workout to report for three days now, I'm gonna be in trouble. BBL~

Jen

Yes girls! I mean CLX not CTX. LOL I'm such a dork sometimes! :p

So 2 rounds of shoveling are done plus I did GS Shoulders, CCC Cardio Premix and CCC Core premix! YIKES, I'm tired! Gee...I wonder why!? ;)

Diana: BBL is Brazilian Butt Lift. It sounded dumb at first but the reviews that are coming in are all pretty much raves so I *had* to go for it. I did not spring for the deluxe set though. Only the basic.

Jen: So what type of rotation are you writing up for yourself? You finished Jillian before you got sick I presume? I hope to do GS through the end of the month and then if I can't take it anymore and want to switch to something else I will let myself! :D

Lori: Why are you even talking to me about running outside in the winter, girl? I haven't done that in a couple years! :p To answer your question though, no, usually we don't have enough snow to make outdoor running in the winter all that troublesome. This year just happens to be a bad one.

Guess that's all for now!

BBL or in the morning!

CC#5 down .. forgot how fun it was .. did it power walking not running and sprinting b/c I had to come back to work .. but OMG .. I was DRENCHED .. looked like a drowned rat .. forgot how tough power walking hills were .. did the hills at a level 7 incline walking about 4.5 mph . . yes my hammies and butt were not happy!! LOL . . me thinks I will still be DOMing tmrw too!!

Wendy .. BBL .. I LOL when they called him the BUTT MASTER ..:p:p:p OK .. too funny ... they look fun .. looks like a lot of lunges and squats and back lifts ... wish you could come to my class .. They have a sign posted on the entrance to my fitness room "Not By Luck Butt - Laura's workout Butt" .. LOL .. yes .. I have the POOCHY butt .. ergoes my nickname!! LOL .. I think all my lunges, squats, and large step ups "lift" the butt .. sometimes I hate how round and "high" mine is .. but when I lost all that weight last year a lot of my POOCH dissapeard and I HATED that .. much rather have my POOCHY butt anyday!! I dont have hardley any hips either .. all my weight is in my mid section .. LOL (has nothing to do w/extracirricular consumption of cabs either :p ;)) .. I dont have CLX .. so cant say what to do on those .. but I never get rid of a workout I liked .. just put it up for later when the exercise ADD hits!!! that being said there are some I have not done in YEARS that need to GO!!!! LOL

Jen .. be carefull in the blizzard .. yikes .. they are showing it on news nonstop .. we would shut down totally if we got that kind of weather ...

DI ..still keeping fingers crossed on your bootcamp class ... I know how you love that class .. maybe since they opened an earlier one some people will move and you will get your slot!!

Did anyone see the Biggest Looser last night?? they trained w/some of the olympians ..and they had them doing a bootcamp style class .. OMG .. it had a lot of my PLYO moves in it .. and some of SIL drills she does in her class ... I was surprised!!! :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.