Damage Control...Hump Day

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls.

I think today's work out will be NMTZ. I'm looking forward to doing that one again. :)

Jacque:: I found the IPOD belt clip at Best Buy. Happy shopping! :D

BBL~

Good Morning!

DS decided to get up at 5:05 today:mad: What is up with that??? Then I had to come to work at 6:30 for a flight. I am checking in before I go home cause Lord only knows what will happen after I got there!:confused::rolleyes:

Todays workout is going to be a run and dare I say it....STS disc 19, that I was suppose to do the last 2 days! I had to cut everyones hair yesterday evening so I didn't have time!:( I can't wait for my scissors to break or something cause IM not buying a new pair. They cost a fortune and if everyone thinks I am going to buy scissors to cut their hair for FREE, then they can whistle dixie! You would think they would offer me SOMETHING. Even to pay for my hair when I have to have it done! Ugh...Im just on a rant cause I am sleepy;)

Can you beleive that DH did plyometrics last night? 2 workouts down. Im wondering when things will get tougher for him. I will give him major credit if he sticks to this program for 12 weeks! LOL

Wendy** Enjoy your workout!

Im going to see what I missed yesterday!

Lori:)

Laura** Did you get your steps in after??? I could send DS your way. When he starts his day at 5:00 it isn't hard to fit 10,000 + steps into my day:D

Diana** Sorry hear about about your recent weight gain! Thats never good! Im sure you will get rid of it in no time! Just keep up the running;) I actually have to nip my eating in the butt a little bit so it happens to all of us! When we finished our 10 k on Sunday my friends wanted to go out for a big breakfast and I said " we did only do 10k...not a marathon" I think they thought we could eat our faces off! LOL

Wendy** Didn't your mother tell you that sticking your tongue out isn't nice???? My mother isn't impressed with me. She told me that I should have been in church Sunday morning instead of running:mad: I think my blood pressure went through the roof! I said " ahhhh...I was suppose to be working anyway" She figures if I could get someone to work for me so I could run, then I should get someone to work for me when I want to go to church. Then when my dad came by on Mon, I said " do you like my flowers I bought out of my winnings"? He said " you should have been in church" I was sooo mad! I just wanted to say "its not about what you two want anymore!" Im soooo sick and tired of this church stuff. They get on a kick every once in a while and instead of my mom being happy that I won, she made it sound like it was no bug deal and down played it. It was the last time I call them after I am finished a race! Im almost 31 yrs old...you do what makes you happy and I will do what makes me happy. Life is to short to worry about what everyone else wants you to do!:mad:

Jacque** Oh DH didn't complain to much. He is sore but not whining. He really enjoyed plyometrics last night though. Whats on your agenda today?

Jen** Are you still alive?? You didn't make away with yourself did ya?:eek: I hope the sun shines for you soon!!!!

Alright...I need to get home. I wanted to do STS before my run but I don't think thats going to happen now!

BBL!

Mornin' girls.

It's just a beautiful, RAINY July morning in New England. *Grumble* :mad:

No workout for me to report this morning. Not sure I'll even get a walk in at lunch considering this rain. So this should be interesting....so far I've got 810 steps in and I've burned about 600 calories since midnight. That's pathetic.

OK, enough whining! I'll bbs for personals!

Jen

Morning Ladies ..

Well .. only reporting 7000 steps :eek::( for yesterday .. I am gonna HAVE to add in a 30 min walk/run at least to get the numbers to 10,000 .. but in all fairness the 4 step routine .. probably did not log that many steps except for the plyo work .. but man that is one kick ARSE workout .. YOWZA .. I was drenched .. so even though my numbers were low the workout was TOUGH!!!!

Lori .. you need to give DH kudos .. WOW .. I would love to see my DH do plyo work .. LOL .. I would LMAO .. LOL!!!! and ya chasing a little one around is bound to increase those numbers .. I will say though wearing the thing makes you want to NOT sit down ..

Wendy .. what is NMTZ??? dare I ask .. LOL ..

Jen ... MORE RAIN???:confused: bless your heart!!! you are sunshine deprived for sure ... it is gorgeous today .. but HOT the humidity level is back up and we should be into the upper 90's again ..

Di .. It is too hot here to take my class outside for bootcamp ... during the spring and fall I will take them on power walks on pretty days .. it is too freaking hot to exercise outside now .. LOL .. glad you got a kick out of my Southern joke .. it was funny .. but what is sad it is SO TRUE>> LOL .. the part about opening up the door and standing outside for the heat to escape the car .. OMG .. that is SO TRUE .. having to do that now!!! :confused:

Jacque . . so how were your steps??? as you can see mine did not make the 10,000 goal .. I can see I am gonna be obsessive about those freaking numbers :eek:

OK .. better run .. no w/o at lunch . gotta b-day shop for my friend and my DN .. the girls are getting together tmrw for one of our friends b-days .. I swear think we have one every week or two .. the following week is one of my VBF b-day ... :eek: .. more food .. more CABS .. :eek:.. SIL woke up w/a hurting back .. so she cant teach tonight .. so I will teach the kickboxing class tonight .. LOL .. look forward to some DOM complaints tmrw from me .. b/c I have not taught or done kickboxing in a while .. should be interesting and a good sweatfest .. and hey .. that w/o should register good on the ped :D

HI Girls,

I am done with my workout. We went for a run again but took a little detour to a steep hill. It was my running partners idea....she probably wishes she hadn't mentioned it. When I looked she was walking! Walking...I say! LOL I kept on going till I reached the top. I guess thats it when you don't have Cathe muscles in your legs;) She told me that she was going to take me to this "hill" to help prepare for my next race....who should be trainging who, I ask you?

I will bb in a bet for personals!

Yee haw happy hump day (except we only have a 4 day week !) :eek:

Quickie here for now. Did not do well last night and won't even go there - but recovered and started my "damage control" this AM with a 30 min run (added some "hills" on the TM) and felt great when I was done. My legs are still sore from Plyo Legs the other night - but sore in the right places !:D

Wendy - thanks - will hit Best Buy tomorrow after work - and . . . I have a gift card for there, perfect ! :p I still gotta try my Jillian weight workouts - perhaps I'll throw them in next week for more of a FB weight week rather than one part per day. Hmmmm . . .

Lori - sorry your parents are on your case about your race last Sun. You are so right that you live your life the way you want at your ripe "old" age of 31 ! (I could be your mother you know ! :rolleyes:) Anyway, if you lived your life unconscionably I could understand them thinking you need to go to church every Sunday without fail, but you are a good person. That should be happy for that ! LOL about your hill and your partner walking ! Even my Cathe legs get tired sometimes ! However I have checked and my heart rate will stay up there even if I take lunging steps up a hill, no need to run for me. !

Laura - Well you did well with your steps y'day. Just wait until you see how many steps shopping will get you ! :eek: Way more than you would think ! And the steps are just to get you moving, but if you are doing a workout, that is way more cal burning than just walking so pooh pooh on the step count at that point. I hit about 8500 y'day but with my run this AM I'm over 5K practically near the beginning of my workday.

Jen - so sorry about the rain. Wanna come visit in CA for a bit? :cool: I just know you will figure out someway to get your steps in today. Will be interested to see just what you come up with.

Hey Peeps!

My steps are pathetic today so far and I didn't make my goal y'day either. Hoping for a decent walk after dinner to help them along a bit...

My work out today ended up being Kettlebell Your Way Volume 2 Empire State. I did the entire work out with 2 mins of the 4 min bonus at the end and then added on a single manmaker round. Great work out! :) I thought about giving Newport a try but I chickened out! :p Soon though...I promise! ;)

After working out, I rewarded myself with an hour of lazing outside with a book in the sun while DS played in his pool. Got some nice color too! :D

Dinner time is approaching quickly...I wonder what I should make tonight???

So DS loves his "summer school" so much that he wants to stay longer! So tmrw, instead of picking him up right after they eat lunch (12:30), I will leave him there for the nap time and then long enough to do an afternoon activity before picking him up. This means I'll probably pick him up between 2 and 2:30 like I used to for regular school. How lucky did I get!?! :D I really just wish I had a job with more hours now! GRRRRR! :mad:

Jacque:: That's cool that you have a gift card for Best Buy. Great timing. I saw the clip on ipod holder long before I actually purchased it. I didn't buy it the first time and kicked myself for that because it was many months before I saw it in stock again. I hope you have an easier time finding one. YAY for lower body DOMS! I will have some tmrw myself. The bells ALWAYS do that to me. ;) Can't wait to hear what you think of Jillian's other work outs!

Lori:: Funny story about your running partner! I guess she had no idea what she was getting herself into with that suggestion! :rolleyes:

Laura:: NMTZ is a Jillian work out called No More Trouble Zones. It's a full body weight work out-very endurance based. I was huffing and puffing and sweating like a pig when I did it the first time! :D 7000 steps is more then I get if I don't take a walk so not too shabby there girl! You are definitely closer to goal then I am right now!

Jen:: Sorry about the rain. It finally went away down here. Hope it goes away for you soon as well!

Guess that's all for now. I should go root around and see what I want to make for dinner. I just told DH that we are going for a walk after dinner. Gotta get my steps in! :)

L8r Babes!

Just got back from a walk and I'm still only at about 7500 steps. *sigh*

Will do my best but chances are that I won't make it AGAIN today. :mad:

Hope everyone is doing well.

I'll be back in the morning!:)

Hi Ladies,

I had to be to work at 7:15am this morning so no time for a morning workout. Thankfully I got some work to do from a coworker. A couple of us are teaching each other what we do since we seem to be left out of the bigger picture. No lunch workout either.:mad:

I think the rotation calls for GS BSB but I really want to run tomorrow morning. The temps here are in the mid 90's right now and the morning is so much cooler, and comfortable to run in. I could do weights at the rec ctr tomorrow instead.

For all you ped wearers you should check out the America on the Move website. During the AOM challenge I participated in, we were told not to wear the ped during non walking activities such as step aerobics, weight training, kickboxing etc because the ped wasn't really accurate during those types of activities. They have an activity conversion chart for many activities. I think a step w/o for me was around 5K steps. You add that to your daily walking steps to get your total. I'm sure you are getting in more steps than you think.

I still have my eye on the GWF and am hoping the prices come down soon. I'm going to ask the nutrionist what she thinks of them.

I have some household stuff that needs taken care of, no time for personals right now.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.