Damage Control on Hump Day

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning. :)

Today's plan is to hit the gym for a run as soon as I drop Joey off from school this morning. I thought about taking the A.M. Centergy class but it's not until 10:30 and I should be at the gym by 8:45. I don't plan on running that long to fill up the time and don't want to leave and come back that fast. That being said I'll probably just take the class in the evening. The only other option is to hold off my run for a bit by coming home after dropping DS off at school instead. Decisions decisions! :p

Diana: I love heavy lifting but also enjoy endurance lifting too. Speaking of endurance lifting, I may have to (pre)order Jari's new one when DH gets back to work. I've decided though that 2010 is going to be an "STS year". I plan on purchasing or asking for both the weight program as well as the cardio program by Christmas of this year so that I can go to town with them in 2010! I ofcourse don't know when the cardios will actually be released but that's okay. Good job jumping into your next STS work out. What body parts did she hit in this one?

Laura: Best wishes, thoughts and prayers are going out to DH, his mom and the rest of the family. To you to ofcourse so that you have the strength to deal with the sister and SIL that can drive you batty! LOL Keep us posted please!

Jacque: Sorry about the cranky shoulder you have there. Good luck finding the weight bench you want! :)

I guess that's all for now but I should be back!

Hi ladies,

I didn't get in any cardio yesterday but am just considering it a rest day. I woke up too late and had an afternoon meeting from 1-5pm and didn't have any time to get to the rec ctr.

I'm really looking forward to the leg workout this morning. Hope it's tough tough tough!!! I'll probably throw in some ab work too since I've been lacking in that area. If I'm running short on time, ab work gets cut.

I have an appt for the aesthetician to look at the dark spot under my eye. The first treatment did not get rid of it. I want to know if another treatment would or not. I don't want to continue down this path if it's not going to work. I'm also having a dermabrasion done. My skin always looks so nice after this treatment. Okay, maybe several hours after the treatment.

Lori-Sending hugs and prayers for Rylan and your family.

Wendy-What is Jari coming out with? You know she's not one of my favorites.;) I think I read the STS Cardio is tentatively scheduled for release in Sept 09. I already pre ordered! I want to get back to kb's too but have no idea when or how to fit them in right now. That gives me time to buy a few more kb's in different weights. I only have 15 and would like lighter maybe 10 and 12 and also heavier, 20, 25, and 30.

Jacque-Nice job getting that cardio in last night. I love the intervals at the end of BM2, similar to the Imax's IMO. You need to be careful with the chest work and a bench will make a world of difference. I'm gonna have to get one this weekend. Hope they are not too expensive.

Laura-Tell DH HAPPY BIRTHDAY from your cyberpals! Sending best wishes for his mom's successful surgery today. I think an extra leg workout per week would for me. I haven't done heavy lifting for legs since before Christmas and they are soft and jiggly-yuck.

Time to get started on those legs! bbl

Running through while waiting for the shower . . .;)

Woke up early enough to hit the TM for 1/2 hour. Logged 2.75 miles - sweating buckets ! :p

Did a quick read - Diana - check out the Gold's Gym XRS20 = $168 at Walmart - reviews on it are pretty good too. They have one set up at our local store and it looks quite steady, though you can't get on it. May head to Sports Authority to see if they have the same model but one I can actually sit on.

BBL . . . shower is free ! :rolleyes:

Hey Girls!

I did 20 mins of CC#3 on the EXT followed by a 20 minute steady state TM run this morning. Good stuff!

I have some things to do around the house right now but I'll be back a bit later for personals!

Hugs!

Hey Girlies,

I have to say I loved loved loved the meso 2 leg workout this morning. Laura is right, it is right up my alley. Can't wait to hear what Jacque has to say about.

The Aesthetician wants to try another treatment under my eye. She's waiting for her new super numbing cream to come in before I schedule it. It's right in the inner corner area under my eye where the skin is very thin and sensitive. The pink has almost worn off from my dermabrasion already. I really like the peaches and cream complexion I get from dermabrasions. Wish I could afford to have them done monthly. She also used the lam probe on a some acne I have right under my jawline. No numbing cream and it hurt.

It's sunny and 50 today, but tomorrow we could get up to a foot of snow! I have to be to work by 8am tomorrow but they said the evening commute would be worse. Fortunately I have to leave early for a Dentist appt around 1:45 so hopefully I'll be home before it gets too bad out.

Jacque-That's great that you were up early enough to hit the TM. I'm an on the hunt for a weight bench also. I could go heavier that 60lbs for chest but not without a bench.

Wendy-nice job getting your w/o in too.

Lori-hope all is well with DS. Sending hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Laura-Any updates on MIL. Hope everything is going smoothly.

Diana

Hi Girls,

Another quick check in for me. I havent left the hospital since yesterday morning @ 6 so I was due for a break.
We thought for sure that we were going to get out today b/c he seems to be improving ALOT. His chest xrays showed exactly what she thought they would but his white blood count went up since Mon. Normal is 10-12, his was 18.7 and today it was almost 24. She isnt sure exactly what this means but when your white count is up, it means that your body is still fighting off infection. She changed his antibitics on Mon so maybe she will go back to the one that she orginally put him on.
Either way, it is totally freaking me out. DH did ask her if there was anything else it could be and she said no, it is completely related to the
pneumonia. But why did it go up again? And the other reason why I am stressed is b/c he is almost back to himself. So you can only imagine how tough it must be to keep a baby confined to a bed, hooked up to I.V while we are starring at 4 walls and a t.v.

She isnt testing him again until Fri....which means we are there until then forsure and if she doesnt like what she sees we wont be home then.

I just cant wait to get home and for life to return to normal. There is nothing worse then a sick child!

I will check in tomorrow cause I have to work.!

Lori

Lori-thanks for poppin' in and giving us an update. It sounds like DS is on the recovery trail. Until his white count is normal its probably best he stay there. I know its hard. I'm so glad to hear its not meningitis. One of my nieces was diagnosed with meningitis and she spent almost a month in Children's Hospital hooked up to all kinds of machines.

Jacque-That's exactly the bench I'm looking for too. The price is right! I'm going to spend my 10% discount from pre-ordering the STS cardio on the slanted risers and the Cardio Kickbox DVD (I lent it out and never got it back). I also have a 10% discount for being a premium nutrition member. Wonder if I can use both of them.

The roof guy is here measuring our roof. We have a lot of wind damage and our entire house needs to be re-roofed. He's going to try to get our home owners insurance to pay the bulk of it. Wish me luck.

bbl

Last edited:
OMG OMG OMG - what a KILLER of a workout ! I loved it because it seemed like we only did a few exercises - but did them 3 times. Barely made it for the calve work - Woo Hoo !

Wendy - well see you finally decided on combo EXT/run today. I am enjoying the running more and more (again). Not sure why I stopped other than I just was not in any type of a groove for a while. So I say GO FOR IT with an STS 2010. I bet Diana, Laura and I will be up for another round at that time ! :p:rolleyes::eek: It is such a great program, I'm really lovin' it. BUT, I am thinking CLX would be fun to do after this is done? What do you think? Hope you got your chores done today.

Diana - YES it was a great workout ! Though it was about 10 min shorter than the others, it seemed to go by quicker for me. Can't wait to see how I feel in 24 hrs. - but I may notice tomorrow AM? Hope you get a positive answer about your derm work. Such a drag to go through treatment and not have the outcome you were looking for. So what is a typical reason for dermabrasion? Just a deeper exfoliation type of a treatment? Mind if I ask how much?

I think the discount for pre order is 20% ! Even better. I'd like to use it but not sure if I really need anything. One poster on OD mentioned Terminator and that one seems interesting. Also a couple others that seem to be doozies that I don't have. Will see if I have time to shop this weekend. Good luck with the roof issues. That is one thing I have "skated" on in all the homes I have owned (3 to date and probably no more unless we move out of state).

Ah Hum - KB's ! What a great idea for post STS. Would it fit in with CLX?

Lori - Oh young lady I so feel for you. I have spent days in the hospital with a child and totally understand. My oldest DS broke his femur at about 2 years old and I had a 6 month old too. I switched a bit here and there with DH who didn't take much time off work so I spent nearly 2 weeks in the hospital before they let us bring him home to a traction bed in the living room. We did that for another 1 1/2 weeks before a full body cast (opening for the diaper ! :eek:). Then is seemed so horrible, now it is just one of those stories we can tell. ;)

Hope it is all over for you soon and DS is able to go home to his comfort zone. Those hospitals are tough on little ones. I have to say that mine stopped sucking his fingers and using his blankie while he was in though. One thing that worked well for us was for him to give his Big Bird a shot at the same time he was getting one. Kind of a great distraction for him. HUGS for all of you ! Keep us posted as you have a chance.

Laura - hope all is going well with MIL. Let us know when you have the time. Wish DH a happy birthday from another cyber chickie ! :p

Until the AM ladies !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.