Damage Control...Happy Hump Day Folks! :)

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi ya girlies. :)

Well my head is clearing up finally. I am not perfect but far better then I was. Problem is that some of it has fallen into my chest. It's not bad right now. I just hope it doesn't GET bad. This being said, I think a work out will be possible today. Considering a 30 min leg work out and perhaps the new CLX cardio from the deluxe dvd if I feel up to it. :)

Diana: Glad the gloves/kickboxing gave you some shoulder DOMS afterall. I am concerned with being able to lift heavy enough for STS as well. As it is I really needed to buy 30# DB's during CLX's Push month but couldn't because DH was out of work. He's back now though so I will probably pick 'em up soon. ITA about Chalene. I think she is adorable and CLX rocks. I am thinking about doing the rotation again after taking a month off to work on endurance! :D

Jacque: If you can't manage a variation for the incline press I don't think it'll be such a big deal. Just do a regular press. Not worth being in (bad) pain over. I wasn't too upset about taking another rest day y'day. My eating was on track and now I don't have to take another rest day at all this week! You know that makes me happy! ;)

Laura: So when are you going to Vegas!? I would LOOOOVE to go but it's not gonna happen. If you want to hop on a plane and join Jen and I in CT in August you are more then welcome to though! :D

Jen: Sounds like the guitar lesson is a great motivator to clean up the house! LOL That's what company is for me. Poor pup. Yeah, not worth igorning the dog cause you will only have to clean up lord knows what in the morning. Dogs with stomach problems are no fun!!! :( So did your kids let momma go to bed early last night?

Have a great day!

Hi ladies,

I was up at 3am helping DS put the last stuff into the uhaul or his jeep. He was out the door at 3:45 this morning. His best friend is going with him to Oregon and staying for a week. Then DH, Jerod, myseld and MIL will be flying out on the 29th of this month. I'm going to miss him so much. He did leave some things in his room that he didn't want to take. I told him I would box them up for him, things like all his baseball trophies, sports pictures etc. The other boy's are pretty excited about a huge black bag filled with clothes he didn't want or didn't fit any longer. I'm actually hoping I can get some clothes for Jerod outta their.

Jerod had a choir concert last night right after baseball practice. We had 30 min to come home, get cleaned up and head up to the high school. I thought the concert was tonight. I missed my tri-training class last night due to the concert.

I really need to do cardio today but I have that hungover, sluggish feeling from not getting enough sleep. UUGGGHH. I'm sure I'll feel much better if I do something. Something short since it's already 7:20.

Wendy-Leaner Legs is a goodie. It's been quite a while since I've done that w/o. Sounds like your cold is spreading, hopefully it won't get any worse. Shoulders are still feeling the gloves this morning and I had some nice leg DOMs starting last night. Do you have plate mates? I don't but my plates are plastic, only the 25's are metal so they wouldn't work for me. They would work on the DB's though so I may see if I can find those at Sports Authority.

Jacque-you are on week 3 with me, right? I say just do another set of standard presses if your shoulder hurts. It's not worth risking an injury. I may look around for some other weighted gloves, but will use the Cathe gloves I just purchased.

Jen-Sorry your dog is not feeling well and you were up all night with her. At least you have incentive to get your house cleaned up. My kitchen table is the collect all until I go through everything on the weekend. I really need to find a better system since I dread that weekly chore.

Laura-I could go much heavier on the bench presses if I had bench and could use a barbell. It looks like Cathe is using at least 80#. Honestly, the manuever I have to go through to lift the 35# up, especially on the incline is an injury in the making. Until now, 45# was the highest weight ever used for bicep curls...and that was only when I was working with Ms. Fit.

Have a great day ladies.

bbl

Um...how did our thread end up on the 2nd page? SLACKERS! Get over here and post right now so it doesn't happen again, okay!? :p

Geesh, are you girls trying to hide on me? I had to go all the way to page 2 to find you :p

I had to work through my lunch today. Why, you ask? Because my DMom fell down the stairs yesterday and sprained her ankle pretty badly. She can't drive for a few days, so I had to bring my DD to school this morning (DM usually does that) and come in late :confused: Ugh...poor mom.

So I managed Burn Circuit 3 this morning...woot woot!

Wendy: So did you manage a workout today? Are you a glutton for punishment? Leaner Legs is a mean one. It has been a million years since I've pulled that one out. Yes, the guitar lesson is a great motivator for sure, but all my hard work never last long.

Diana: I have a sideboard in my dining room that collects everything. I hate it and yet, I just can't seem to manage to do anything about it. Talk about adding insult to injury...seeing your son off is bad enough, but at that ungodly hour? Hope you manage a nap today :)

Hello to everyone who follows. I've been busted twice by the office manager since I started typing :eek: so I better get busy with actual work now. BBL~

Jen

Hey ladies ..

PIA is back .. UGH .. and worse than that .. her coworker left at lunch and I have to fill in ... ie:work w/PIA *dbl UGH* ... she is acting all pitiful .. FOUR weeks out for removal of a uterus ...hhmmmmm I think she actually had a belly tuck .. looks like she has a compression bandage on under her shirt .. :confused: ... anyways .. got real dreary real fast in here this morning!

Jen .. hope your doggie is better ... hopefully it was just something it got into .. congrats on the Burn circuit.. woohoo

Wendy .. we go to Vegas first week in June .. WOOOHOOOOO ... I am a big sissy when it comes to flying and the return flight could not get DH right by me .. he will be directly behind me ..:( .. PLEASE let it be someone nice who will let us trade seats .. PLEASE :(:(:(

Di .. sorry DS is leaving .. man .. how are those DGB btw?? any new pics?? My chest press is 54# .. flyes are 27# in each hand .. and one arm rows are 35# ... so I am not REAL far behind you .. kinda sorta .. LOL!!!

Lori .. hope the snow is melting .. and you are getting some sunshine!

Jacque .. my shoulder FINALLY healed .. it tweaks every now and then on the flyes .. but pushups and chest presses it is doing good (so far .. knock on wood) .. the chiro doc knows his stuff!!! PLUS I minded him this time .. LOL!

OK .. today is a rest day ... maybe a quick run w/the dogs if it isnt raining .. but after STS chest and back ... then plyo and core class .. my body is screaming at me to rest .. SIL is hurting bad .. she is popping ibuprofen ..and is still gonna teach a kickboxing class tonight .. she says "If I can move by then" .. LOL poor thing!

Gotta go back to PIA :mad:.. I am sure she needs help .. LOL!!! have a great one!

Okay girls, what's going on? This is the SECOND time today that I have found our thread on page 2!! You all know that this is a no-no so why do you let it happen, huh? :eek:;):p:D

I FINALLY made it to a Centergy class after weeks of missing them! I preceeded tonight's class with a good 20 minute run with Grace. :D

Tomorrow's plan is Kickin' Core. It's not circuit style as I originally thought though. It's a TJ cardio work out followed by 15-20 minutes of abs/core using the stability ball. Part of it is standing and part of it is lying down. It looks good and will work well for tmrw's work out before starting CLX Lean week 3 on Friday!:)

Sorry, no time for personals tonight but I'll catch up in the morning, I promise!:)

Good night!

Well I'm most likely bringing up the "rear" here . . .

Spent my time finding some nice lodging for Sat PM - staying at a lodge at Bodega Bay, about an hour north of SF. Should be nice, quiet and beautiful. Weather is supposed to be high 80's. I can't wait.

Wendy - so glad you are feeling better. Had to laugh because about the end of the day yesterday I was feeling that my runny nose (one side only) was becoming a cold ! Guess you can catch just about anything when you play online, huh ! :eek: LOL ! Skipped my cardio since I had quite a headache, was tired and had to go pick up my car 45 min away after work. But I'm feeling better today too so banged out my STS squat rack legs. Upped everything by 5 - 10% and felt great. Back is a little sore, but that has been par for a few weeks now.

Woo Hoo you got to Centergy ! Man has that been quite a while. Is the Lean phase leaning you out at all? Or just lighter than previously? I really like Leaner Legs - one of my favs. I like using the CTX series for a shorter workout series. Nice to be able to use just one DVD for an entire week !

Diana - I am betting you are most likely asleep after getting up so early this AM. Are you feeling a little empty yet? I felt a bit sluggish each time one of mine left the house. Was lucky though that they are not too far away. I bet you are getting excited to go at the end of the month !

I am actually only on Week 2 because I hurt my back during the "rest week" and wanted to let it heal so I could go heavy enough with the squat rack. As I am reading yours and Wendy's posts about variations, perhaps I should use some heavy DB's and do a twist at the top for my second round. I think I like that idea. Thanks girls for the inspiration. Will let you know how it goes next week !

Jen - Your poor mom ! Hope she is getting around better soon. Is she one who takes care of herself or just "poo poos" the doctor's advice? Sorry you had such a wrench thrown into your day - and then to be busted while you are visiting with us? Well how dare anyone, huh? :p At least you got your workout in this AM !;)

Laura - so the vacation is over and PIA is back FULL FORCE huh? Just know that what comes around goes around EVERY TIME. Sometimes it just takes lots of patience until it happens. Hope you enjoyed your rest day - sounds like your bod was a'screamin' at you ! Poor SIL . . . hope class goes well for her tonight.

Lori - hope all is going well with you. I just may need to sneak over to your other thread to catch up with you, huh? ;)

Okie dokie girls, off to work on din din !

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.