Damage Control...Happy Hump Day!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Okay, unless I am blind, Lori has not been here to start the thread yet so I will!

I was soooooo tired y'day that I actually took a 20 minute nap from 7:30 to 7:50 last night. I never nap that late! I feel better today. To bed at 9:30 and up at 4:30. That's 7 hours. I can do that! ;)

My legs are sore from only 20 mins with Tonique y'day.

Today is an SS work out. Should be fun for the sore legs! :p

Off I go or I'm not gonna have time to finish!

BBL!

Work out is done. I'm eating my oatmeal while I type this.

I wasn't going to have time to finish my SS work out so here's what I did...

1/2 Tone It Up-30 minutes
9 minute "pure cardio" segment from Tonique 2 / Disc 1
6 Minute Abs

Tomorrow will likely be my rest day but when I work out on Friday I will finish Tone It up and add either a Tonique segment, BBL or some K/B cardio to it depending on my mood....and my legs!:eek:

BBL!

Last edited:
Good Morning Ladies,

Muscle Max is on tap for this morning and I'm looking forward to it. It was fun to step yesterday and I expect to be sore from this full body workout.

I'm leaving work early today to take Jerod to an appt. Told my boss I would finish up the day from home. But...Jerod has a baseball game at 5pm near my work. I may end up dropping him off and heading back to work.:mad:

Wendy-sounds like your nap last night was just right. You sure do make your morning workouts interesting!

Have a great day ladies, bbl to see what the rest of the crew is up to!

Diana, Why head back to work if you don't have to? Work from home girl! :D Enjoy MM today! Keeping it interesting is what keeps me going sometimes! Just need to change it up and keep the body guessing! Also keeps it fun for me!:)

Morning ladies ..

the PMS monster is on my back bad!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrr ... last night's mish mosh was a leg killer .... my legs were on FIRE .... today the buttocks are doming and the legs are heavy .. but it is all good!! Gotta do that one again sometime .. YOWZA .. it was a full body w/o w/plyos but w/triple sets on the legs :eek: .. today is either a power walk or heavy legs in gym if I can muster .. tonight I dont have class .. gotta go home and get to packing for the long weekend!! :D

Wendy .. ok .. the more you talk about tonique the more you are twisting my arm .. :confused:... b/c you like the same w/o's I do .. so I am guessing I will like it .. hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm .. BBL has quickly become my fav w/o of choice!!

Di ... ITA work from home baby .. shoot I wish I had that choice!!! YUP I would be getting the plyo disc back .. doesnt sound like the friend is gonna do it .. and those workouts are awesome!!

Hello to all that follow ....

The goal for today.. is to dodge the loons driven by the full moon (I saw enough of them ystdy) .. and hope this day goes smoother than yesterday .. get a decent but abbreviated w/o .. and get packing and the house in order... OK .. better run .. have a great one .. I will BBL to see what everyone is up to! :D

Laura, Sounds like you and I are both dealing with the lower body DOMS today! Awesome, ain't it? ;) Yeah, Tonique is not state of the art by any means but HOLY MOLY is it an effective work out! YEOWZAS! :eek: And the only time I picked up a weight was to do the stand alone upper body exercises. There were only a few. She had light weights in her hands almost the entire time (there was some compound work going on) but I didn't use them. I just did those upper body movements with out weights. So no weights and all of this pain! It's great! :) I am going to be starting STS soon...I plan on using BBL and Tonique for leg day instead of the work outs in the series! I can't wait!

Good morning ladies !

Well quite a few chats here for so early in the AM ! :D and where is Ms. Lori? :confused: I HAVE A WORKOUT TO REPORT ! ! ! YEA ME ! ! ! Went to a meeting with my Plant Mgr. y'day and in the car we were chatting - he's getting stressed and we talked about how neither one of us is working out much. That motivated me to do it - that plus I skipped out on going back to my office since I got back to town at 5 any way. :p I am "stealing" Diana's idea and doing FF Summer 10 rotation. I have done all of them to date and they work well for me. I am, however, pulling a "Wendy" and adding my BBL workouts in there. So rather than 2 - 30 min. step premixes I did Bum Bum and then SJP step only. I was already tired from BBL before I started SJP but made it through.

My spasms stopped sometime while I was at work. It really didn't feel heart related but was hard to tell. I have been to a cardio many years back a number of times and have Mitral Valve Prolapse (one flap doesn't close all the way when it pumps) which causes some strange things sometimes but I am aware of the symptoms. Have actually been to the ER 3 times but it turned out to be anxiety type (more stress related in combo with other things). This was so strange and I haven't done chest for a week ? Think it is gone for now.

Wendy - good to hear you got a nap and a good night's sleep. 7 hrs is about what I am getting to and it feels great - so much better than waking mid night and only getting 3 or 4, huh? Way to adapt to a shorter time - I tend to skip when in that predicament. :eek:

Diana - sorry your planned lunch w/o fizzled. Reason why so many people have health problems. They just don't commit to themselves. (And I should talk the way I have been lately, right ! :eek:) Hope you can get that DVD back soon so it is not forgotten. Heck - I'm with Wendy and say skip out early and do some work from home ! Thanks for the FF rotation suggestion! :p I need someone to think for me these days - now if you'd like to do my workouts too . . . LOL !

Laura - wow you are here early today ! Thought I was looking at the wrong day ! LOL ! I have a very similar back issue as SIL - Ice ice ice a few times a day will help quickly along with anti inflammatories and then learning your limitations. I actually stop exercising for a few days and then don't do anything that will strain it - and stretching is great for it also. It takes so long for a back strain to heal but avoiding reinjury is the most important. I find that using my hammies is bad too since they are both attached in the same area. <<< Crossing fingers that loonies stay away from Laura today >>> Woo Hoo - off for the weekend !

Angie - nice to see you again. Sounds like you are keeping up pretty well. Diana and I started STS a few months ago but I have been wimping out loads - made it through 2 months and am foregoing Meso 3 - just not feeling the heavy weights and have had back stress so get too tight. Excuses excuses but my physical being is taking a beating lately. As much as I fight old age I have learned to listen to my body ! :rolleyes: Yep I wish I could even to a half mary but I am not a distance runner by any means - did do a 10K when I turned 50 and love to run 5 or 6 miles here and there, but more typically 4 - 5. Usually when the weather is nice as I have a fav route to run by the creek and then up a really nice hard hill. Keep popping in when you have the chance - take care . . .

Hey to Lori whereever you are . . . guess things got busy huh?

Later . . .

Jacque, I read your post y'day and was worried about you. Meant to respond but it just didn't happen. Sorry. :eek: I am glad you are feeling better though! Also very happy to hear that you got a w/o in! YAY! I have MVP too. I was diagnosed around 18 years old. My grandfather was in the hospital very sick and dying. My mom got called there suddenly one night b/c they didn't think he was going to make it through the night and he was asking for her. I came home to find this out-she was gone already-and it sent me into what I thought was a panic attack. Perhaps it was a bit but after going to the doctor for it, they found out about the MVP. I struggled with it for a long time. Doc gave me a sample of xanax to try when symptoms were bad but I hated the way it made me feel so I trashed it. When I quit smoking, a lot of my symptoms went away. I have very few run-ins with it these days and the symptoms are usually pretty mild when they DO occur. :)

Jacque .. I was wondering about mitro-valve prolaps .. that would explain it .. and it can feel very strange ... like your heart flips flops ... and if stress could flare it .. your schedule and skipping w/o's could have something to do with it .. I am just glad you are feeling better!!! And finally got that workout in... woohooo!!!!

Wendy .. ok .. you are that sore .. after doing BBL for a while .. and you didnt use weight .. aaahhhhh .. I am caving!!! :confused: :eek:

Laura, I have Tonique 2 which is a 2 disc set. I am going to order the original Tonique and the mat work disc tmrw as a bday present to myself so you need to order something at the same time! ;)

ANGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girl great to see you again! Nope, not going to school. When I said that I was referring to my son going to school and me going to work. Yup, I heart BBL and Tonique now too! Awesome lower body torture for sure! Glad to hear all is well! Hope to see you around here or on FB more frequently in the future! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Nice to see you all miss me!!!!;):D:D:D I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday. My flight on Monday night was delayed until 5 a.m....I went to work for that and just stayed there until I could leave around 8'ish but what was the point in going back to bed then? I came home did a 2.5 mile run on the TM and 40/20. I didn't get a chance to checkin b/c my boss was around all day again...just like every other day.:mad:

I now have the cold!:mad::mad: I am guessing it is related to my training and probably doing to much running. Its a package deal I guess. I want to call my sister for a yarn but I know my throat will just get dry:confused:

Todays workout was 45 mins on the TM and MIS. It was nice to do a old workout. Moves were simple but tough.

Wendy** So how was your weekend with DH? Im sure you must have told us already but I wasn't here and just to lazy to go back and read:D Those 20 mins naps are all we really need to keep us going until bed time. I went to bed with DS tonight and slept for an hour:confused: I think I am soon going to go to bed myself.

Jacque** Big hockey game coming up? I have the montreal/washington game on now. DH told me that if Montreal wins he will be going to Montreal to watch Pittsburg and Montreal play. Those should be cheap tickets!

Laura** DOMS?? You????? No!!! I don't believe it;) You really do get to see some doozies some days don't you? Im so glad I don't have to deal with the general public! You would think rich people would be worse but they aren't. They are usually quit easy going, then again, they are on vaca and who isn't in a good mood when they are on vaca?

Diana** So did you work from home or go back to work? I bet the day flies when you work from home!

Alright... I will bb in the a.m!

Lori:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.