Damage Control on Happy Hump Day!!!

So I suffered through the pain from the sinus infection up until bedtime last night when I finally broke down and took ibuprofen. After about an hour it was very tolerable and I was able to sleep. At 2am when I woke up to use the bathroom I felt like a new woman! No pain at all! Unfortunately by 3am it started coming back and by 4am it was keeping me awake. :( I suffered through it for as long as I could but I was taking more ibuprofen at 5am. I'm hoping it does the job until my shift at work is over at noon. If I'm still hurting like this at 7 am I will probably opt to stay home today. I should have stayed home y'day and went to the doc in the morning! DUMB! :rolleyes:

Lori:: Sounds like you and DH have a good plan there. You are lucky that it is so economical to build. I would LOVE to be able to build a house but it's way too expensive by the time you purchase the land and pay the builder. Ofcourse, with the way things are right now in the US perhaps we could afford it. Problem is, we'd need to sell this house to afford it and then where do we live?? I don't think I could handle living at one of our parents' houses with Joey for a year (or however long it takes) until the house was complete. So did the folks looking at your house y'day bite or do you not know yet?

Diana:: That's great that insurance is paying for your new roof. That is not a cheap undertaking! Sorry you aren't thrilled with the color choices though. Is it possible to go with another company who has more choices or was this company assigned to you by insurance? LOL-yeah you are as fond of the Ripped series as you are of the Slim Series, huh? :p Have fun making up your mind about your next rotation! :D

Laura:: Sorry for the on going troubles at work. You are a trooper for sticking it out there. I think I'd be looking for a new job by now. :confused:

Jacque:: Hope your back issues get lost for good soon. Looking forward to the long weekend, ey? How in the world could I tell!? :p:D Perhaps you should attempt a "do over" with DH since your getaway didn't work out as intended. ;) Got your pm and pm'd you back right away. TAG! You're it! :D

Jen:: Come out come out wherever you are!!!!:)

The ibuprofen is not working nearly as well this morning as it did last night. I want to rip my face off. :( That being said, I put a call into the gal who offered to cover my shift. I hope to hear a "yes I can do it" from her soon so that I can relax knowing I can come home and lay down after dropping DS off at school....

Morning Ladies!

OMG .. I am NEVER going to get UNsore .. ok .. I will admit I am kinda doing it to myself .. last nights class: series of: 3 - 4 step plyo work - varying pushups (yes some tri pushups) - heavy legs - core .. repeated about 6 rotations of different exercise .. :eek: .. WOOHOO it was a good one .. worked out pretty good .. but now I am still DOMing in the tris .. now add shoulders and core :confused:....:D

Today's plan is a power walk at lunch .. a walk/run w/the doggies after work .. NO WEIGHTS at all .. gonna let the body heal a bit!!

Wendy .. UGH .. sinus infections .. I feel for ya ... my VBF gets them ALL the time .. she does a sinus salt/saline solution rinse .. and she uses shower soothers .. she says it helps .. ??? . . hoping you feel better and are able to get a fill in at work .. to recoup! HEY .. what about your pending job interview?? any news??

Jacque .. you and I are struggling to get the last of STS completed huh? I am finally on week three.. seems there is always something that comes up that delays us ??? should be starting week 4 SAT .. I hope .. You reckon the boss would buy me a new inbox if I hide this one??? He would pbly go ahead and buy TWO .. :eek:

Jen .. what is on tap for you today???

Di .. so what rotation are you considering?? We are gonna do STS ALL over again.. this time the extra w/os will be cardio .. and we are gonna add heavy weight legs in the gym .. and TRY to tighten the eats .. gotta reign them in .. yikes!

Lori .. {{{ hugs }}} still sending healing vibes and thinking about you!!!

OK .. better run .. it is still cooler here .. but supposed to be back in the upper 80's Sat .. we are having a GGT VBF Birthday POOL party SAT .. it is her actual b-day .. and we are going to have it at her house .. just bring the food, CABS, and fun .. should be a blast .. hope the weather holds out .. there is a LOW in the Gulf :mad: .. maybe it will poopoo out!!

Have a great one girlies .. BBL to see what everyone is up to .. :D

Girls, what was with the site being down for so long this morning!? I was having an attack! :eek: LOL Glad it's back up finally. PHEW!

Well I never got coverage for my entire shift at work. The gal got back to me an hour and a half after my start time saying she was sleeping and didn't hear the phone. Not sure I believe that but whatever. :rolleyes: So the last half hour of the shift was my real concern as I work it alone but someone who I was supposed to work with this morning can stay late to cover it so it's all good. :)

The ibuprofen has finally kicked in. I'm not perfect but I actually feel good enough that I was tempted to do a light work out before. I immediately put the kibosh on the idea and started cleaning the house instead to keep busy and take my mind off of it. :p

Man do I miss CLX!!!!:(

Laura,

Posting at the same time! :) No more news about the office job interview yet. I should hear more later this week or the beginning of next. I was happy to get the email back from her a couple days ago so I'm good for now. :) A pool party? How fun! Enjoy it! This is my first sinus infection ever. UGH! I never want another one! HORRIBLE!!!! :eek: As for your never ending DOMS, I have decided that you are just a glutton for punishment so I no longer feel sorry for you!!!:p LOL

Good afternoon, girlies!

Kind of a crazy day yesterday and today is actually worse :mad: Just too much juggling to do. Anyway, I'm leaving early because I have to pick up my daughter from school today, because the EX isn't able to do it. I'm not complaining...he's been doing it for a week. But I was unable to get anyone else so it'll have to be me. Truth is, I'm glad to have the excuse. I've been awake since 3 a.m. and I am beat! I need to get outta here. Yesterday was the same way. For some reason I'm bothered with insomnia lately.

So I'll bbl after I get home to catch up on personals. Just wanted to say hello and keep this from falling to page 2 ;)

Later gators~

Jen

Hey Ladies,

I was so annoyed the site wasn't working properly this morning. Talk about an addiction. Well I spent too much time on the computer this morning and had to leave out the last grouping of Chest and Back this morning. I was still late for work!:mad: Oh, and my triceps are so sore. That seems to be the sorest body part after SBT's. I would've thought my biceps would be sore but that hasn't happened.

DS's baseball game ended up getting rained out last night. They stopped the game for a "rain delay" due to some lightning. This is an automatic 10 minutes. Near the end of the 10 min it ended up pouring rain so they called the game. We were down by 2 runs in the 4th inning. It was close and DS did pretty good.

I totally forgot I had tri-training and went home, cooked and ate dinner. At 7:55 I remembered the class. Well I can't w/o on a full stomach so I didn't go. It's a good thing because I was in bed at 8:45, so tired. I gave blood yesterday and I usually end up being very tired by the end of the day. I also drank 64oz of water during my w/o this morning, normally its 32oz during a w/o.

Tonight will be grocery shopping and laundry! Not fun, but necessary. Oh, they are laying off at my work and I feel my position is very vulnerable. They are laying off over a couple of months to avoid the publicity of X company lays of X number of employees. They are trying to fly under the radar.

Wendy-OMG, I feel for you girl. I've had numerous sinus infections and am usually waylayed for about 4 days at least of no working out. Hope you feel better soon. Looking forward to my new KB dvd. Well, the roof isn't totally free for us, we will be paying a few thousand dollars but not the 10-15K. Actually we are using a heavier grade (more expensive, longer lasting) that will give us a discount on our Homeowners insurance.

Laura-STS all over again....You go Girl!!!! I need a break from this long rotation. I'm going to do either a circuit or endurance w/o from Fitness Freak. I'll be adding in some running (hopefully) and some 'bells too. I saw an Amy Bento KB w/o that looks pretty good to me. Have a great time at the pool party! Sounds like a ton of fun. We are supposed to be in the 50's, 60's and rain this weekend. A far cry from our low 90's so far this week. Tomorrow's high is only supposed to be 56.

Jen-I too have had a hectic week. I hate being overloaded with all this stuff. Tonight is a mandatory meeting for DS's summer camp then off to grocery shopping and laundry. Sorry to hear about the sleep issues. Been there, done that. It usually passes in a few weeks for me, hope it passes sooner for you.

Jacque-hope your back is feeling much better now. I am loving the plyo legs and plan on keeping those up at least bi-weekly. I should finish this rotation on Fri or Sat. Next week will be cardio, cardio, cardio! I'm so looking forward to it too. I won't start another rotation until I get back from vacation on Jun 2nd.

Lori-How did the second showing go?? A second showing is always promising. I can't imagine building a house now. I used to want to build but am not sure we ever will at this point. Our goal is to pay off our house as DH wants to retire in 12 yrs, when he is 55. What workout are doing today???

Have a great day ladies.

Hey everyone! Finally getting a minute to sit down and chat with my peeps for a bit! After I got home a little early I went through the house cleaning it up. I'm heading to the beach this weekend (hopefully) and I don't want to come home to a big mess.

Wendy: Glad you mentioned the fact that the site was down this morning, because when I tried to get into it from work I kept getting this error message that the forums were now a forbidden page :eek: I got paranoid that they started monitoring our internet use and that they were shutting down the non-work sites we frequent. WTH would I do then?? Gawd, sinus infections suck. I've only had one, but man did it make me miserable. It was so much more than a headache, too. I felt achey and gross all through my body and just wanted to stay in bed. I really hope you start to see some improvement soon. Don't try to be the hero though, girl! Take the ibuprofen whenever you need it!

Laura: Wendy is right, you are a complete glutton!! Actually, you're probably a little sadistic, too, because you seem to enjoy inflicting your pain on others as well ;) Oh boy, I hope your class goers always stay on your good side, because I'd hate to see what you'd do to them if you were ticked off!

Diana: Sorry to hear that you're worried about your job! This is not good :( I know there's really nothing you can do about it, but I feel for you. Sending you lots of <<<good luck>>> vibes. I think it's just as well you forgot about tri-training class last night. Your body went through a lot yesterday! I'm with you in the laundry tonight. Yuck.

Jacque: So the PB brownies were just a regular brownie mix baked in muffin tins with a mini peanut butter cup shoved into the middle before baking. Making them was super easy until it came time to take them out of the tins, then it was a PIA. Next time I'll definitely try using paper muffin cups. They were quite delicious though and perfect for SO who loves brownies and is a PB cup fanatic! They're his favorite. So how's the back holding up?

My workout today was Burn it off and Recharge, thus completing Week 3 of Burn. I'm loving these workouts. I can't wait to start Push. One more week! Really looking forward to my rest day tomorrow though, because I am sleeping tonight and NOT waking up until the very latest minute I can manage. And I'm not opposed to taking sleep aids if I have to! I was seriously a danger on the road today due to sleep deprivation :rolleyes:

Hope everyone is having a great evening! Will try to bbl, and if not, definitely tomorrow!

Jen

Hey Gals!

I tried logging on earlier, I thought it was the computer at work but it seems that everyone had the same problem.

My alarm didn't go off in the a.m. My goal was to do disc 5 and a 30 mins run in case i didn't get to fit it in tonight but I didn't wake up in time:confused: I did disc 5 and some abs work and I went for a run tonight....now I am starving!:rolleyes: But its 10:30 at night.

Wendy** sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. There is nothing worse then a bad nights sleep! I had many of those when i wanted to beat my tooth out of my head! Hopefully tonight will be a better one for you!

Jen** I can totally relate to the busy schedule. Im not sure when my life got so busy....I hate it!

Laura** Are you done with STS? Have you seen many changes? We are all adjusting to our loss:( Charlie seems to be more bothered by it right now then anyone else. It still bothers me but not nearly as bad as it was last week! I think a week into it and he is wondering where his buddy is to. Last night he was downstairs and wouldn't come up.Tonight he is under the bed and doesn't care to come out.

Diana** We haven't heard anything about the showing. We don't care either way but its not something I am going to be at very often. Its to much work making sure my house is clean all the time! LOL

Jaqcue** Where are ya???

I am going to get up early to get my workout in! I will check in in the morning!

Lori

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.