Damage Control in February...Hump Day

Morning Peeps.

The left side of my neck is killing me. Not sure if I just slept wrong or if it's my arthritis acting up. I hope I can do Burn Circuit #3 this afternoon. Time will tell....

Diana: Negatives are supposed to help build strength on moves like pull ups and push ups. Assist on the way up with your knees and then when you are coming back down try to go to your toes and go down S-L-O-W-L-Y. If you have to drop to your knees to get to the bottom then so be it but keep it slow. Sorry about your step-mom's brother. This is why I've never believed in holding such a grudge that you don't talk to someone for any length of time. My cousin is doing that to his mother right now. It's totally one-sided though on his part and you are right. You never know what could happen. God forbid something happens to that woman my cousin had better not show up to see her (dead or alive) with tears in his eyes!!!

Laura: I am keeping your friend in my prayers. Let's have some positive news from the docs in TX. An EMERGENCY margarita GTG? How funny! You gals are a hoot! :D

Lori: Guess you are getting a mix of the good and bad end of the stick at work. Hopefully it will all work out ok. You know you can still consider working at your DH's shop!

Guess that's it for this morning. I am almost done with my first cup of java and my eyes still seem to have sleep in them. They aren't focusing properly. LOL

Off to get cup #2 and see if that helps!:p

BBL!

Wendy – I felt so bad for you yesterday as you posted all by yourself for so long. I didn’t even get to the board to read until lunch and then that was cut short. So here I am before work today ! :p

Glad to hear Auntie Flo is being a bit nicer now so you could workout – I remember those days ! Woo hoo on the shopping trip ! You will have such a great time in LV. The atmosphere is so wild – I love it there. Seeing any shows?

Great idea about posting foods/drinks again. I added another ½ pound y'day and am now up 7 since Xmas ! UGH UGH UGH. Was ready to throw in the towel last night. Am not eating THAT horribly – I don’t know, but remember gaining on P90X too which is part of the reason I stopped. I did miss a cardio workout last week? I’ll be using FitDay too ! Something has to give here besides my waistline and chunky thighs. Hope your neck feels better today. Dare I say I'm glad I'm not the only one having physical "issues"?

Lori – bummer about the schedule change, again, and having to work with the boss. Does that mean you won’t beat Wendy to the forums? LOL !

Laura – We were nearly up at the same time the other night minus the time difference – I woke at 3 AM and didn’t even start to fall back to sleep until it was 15 min before the alarm. And I had such a great weekend of sleep too ! ? ? ?

More good news about the upcoming STS huh? Pushups X 10 ! Boy I can hardly wait (oh yea, sure . . .). Glad you’re walking closer to normal now. I did end up mildly sore from #4, but not real bad. I’m with you about upping all the weight so just do it toward the beginning and then try to stay as high as possible further on. Once in a while I pause for a little longer rest – which isn’t the intent – but I think it helps me get through with a higher weight.

Diana – Bosu hell, huh? That is one piece of equipment I have never used but been tempted. Just not thinking I need more at this point. Next purchase for me is a bench with weight stands that I double as a squat rack. May be soon because I think I could use it for pull ups too. The door pull up bar I have would need to go over my new mouldings and I’m not wanting to do that right now so am using the bands which just aren’t the same. So sorry to hear about your SM’s brother ! Hope all gets better for her sooner rather than later.

Made it most of the way through Low Max, missed the last blast as DS called and we talked for an hour and a half. Haven’t chatted for a while. DH took the computer and we never really had dinner cuz it was so late to start BBQing. And my HRM was showing 200+ for a while ! Couldn’t get it to work right so missed out on my cal burn. Guess I need to check the battery? The tricep pushups are hard for me to both with shoulder issues and because they are JUST PLAIN HARD ! ;) I do find if I concentrate even when I'm on my knees I can feel them working which is all we are looking for.

Eats yesterday:

B: cran juice, flax seed and pro powder drink.
S: grapes and mixed nuts
L: chicken breast, artichoke, mushroom, tomato, WW macaroni (1/4 cup dry) w/ 2 TB cream cheese.
D: romaine leaves (4) with 4 slices turkey breast and one string cheese

Did drink 3 Coors light - will try to keep the CAB's down from here on out and hope that will help !

BBL - workout will be after work since DH doesn't grill dinner until late anyway. Keeps me outta the kitchen ! ;) :p

feeling better today!!

Morning Ladies!!! Yes my DOMS have eased up .. I did manage the 4 step class w/MUCH protest from my SIL .. she was cussing me and giving me the evil eye pretty much the entire class ..LOL .. I am doming in the bis and shoulders ... SIL says everythign on her UB and LB hurt!!

But we are going to meet at lunch do some cardio and weights/plates abs!! Tonight is the emergency margarita GTG .. LOL ... so will be drinking some CABS and eating some chips and salsa!!! ;)

Wendy .. good luck on burn circuit 3 .. if I can work out as freaking sore as I have been the last 2 days .. YOU CAN DO IT!!:)

Jacque .. I had a couple of CABS last night too .. I meant I was gonna sleep good last night .. and MAN did I .. I slept like a log!! a very sore and happy log!!! :) Hope you got some sleep last night too ... I didnt think I was going to make it around 3:00 yesterday afternoon .. LOL!!

Hello to all that follow!!!

PIA is up to her old stunts .. so far she managed to get here at 8:36 .. go to the breakroom and come back at 9:00 then grab up her stuff and head off to a Relay 4 life meeting SHE called .. and WE ARE SHORT HANDED .. the more she gets away w/the more I think she has something on the boss .. ???? I dont know .. he would never let the rest of us get away w/it .. and she is on the front CASH window .. ??? WTH???? break out some duct tape and tape my freaking mouth shut please!!! :mad:

OK .. so today the plan is to drag SIL to th gym at lunch .. then will be indulging tonight!! :D

Eats: B- cheerios S- banana and baked chips L: will be a turkey, cheese, lettuce on whole grain bread w/a salad and balsamic vinegar!!! Not sure on supper ??? think DH laid out some drunk chicken we cooked a while back .. so will prbly be that w/a salad!!!!

Have a great one!!!:D

Hi Girls.

I am happy to report that I was able to do Burn Circuit #3 as planned. Tomorrow is a run. I have the day off...I'll be packing for vacation!!!! :D

BBL!

when is 5 o'clock gonna get here??

OMG .. today is draggin' and I am working w/PIA .. we are slow .. so makes the day longer .. and working w/her makes the dread factor excrutiating!!!

SIL and met at lunch .. did a quick 20 power walk outside .. it was GORGEOUS .. sunshine .. and around 62 ... then came back to the the gym and did weights/plates abs .. YOWZA .. those slow roll down are tough ... and paperplates are always tough .. why do you think something simple like a rubber elastic band .. a rubber stability ball .. and a silly paper plate can make things SOOOOO HARD .. LOL!!! :p

I am craving a huge CAB ... will need one if 5 o'clock ever gets here .. :mad:!!!

Wendy I am jealous ... I know you are excited .. wish I could join you.. we will have to plan that one year .. to meet up in Vegas ... DH and I love it .. hoping to go back in April or May ... OK >. have a great one . .. come on 5 o'clock!!:)

Hi ladies,

I finally made it here. Well I've actually been here a couple of times but was never able to post. Either someone would come into my cube or I had a meeting to go to.

The weather is gorgeous outside, in the 60's and sunny. I may head out for a walk too.

At any rate, my triceps were burned out by the end of disc 5, back and triceps. Thanks for the tips Wendy and Laura. I feel like I'm strong until I almost do a faceplant on those tricep pushups.:( I did really good on the seesaw pushups using the ball. I will continue working on these. I have always struggled with these in HST also. I ended up running errands at lunch today. I tried to take care of them yesterday but ran out of time.

I ran into an acquaintnace after my meltdown class. She is having her third son on Friday. We met in the summer bootcamp class and really hit it off. She's asked me to train for a triathlon with her. So now I'm looking in to getting a road bike. I used my mountain bike for the last triathlon I did and needless to say my mtn bike time couldn't compare with those that had road bikes. Since I have to take jerod's bike in to be repaired tomorrow I'm going to check out their road bikes. Hopefully I can find a lower end (cheaper) model that I could afford.

Wendy-I hope you have a wonderful time in Vega$$$$ baby!!! I'm sure Joey will love spending time with his grandparents and Auntie too right. Nice job with BC 3. This is your second week of ClX, right?? What are your thoughts so far? You are also adding extra cardio too.
Jacque-yes, bosu hell. I don't have one either but they are very versatile piece of equipment. If you find a bench that would also work as a squat rack/pullup bar please share. I'm in the market for something similar. We did something similar to "blasts only" on any of the Imaxes and then weights and conditioning in between the blasts. I've also gone back to using fitday. I bought the premium membership on the cathe site but the connection speed through her site is very slow.
Laura-Sorry you have to deal with PIA today. I feel like the day is dragging. Somedays I feel like work is getting in the way of everything else I need to do. And I thought it would be easier just having to deal with one child, the older 2 pretty much take care of themselves. Loved your "emergency margherita GTG", you must be a ton of fun to be around. Setting healing healthy vibes to your friend. I hope all her test results come back good!
Lori-I know you are no slacker-what workouts have you done today? Hope you had a great day. Did you have to work with boss today?
bbl

Hi Girls.

I have 10 minutes before I'm off to Centergy class. Please send good parking vibes my way!!! ;)

Diana: Seesaw tricep push ups on the ball are a great way to modify regular tricep push ups. Will you be trying our suggestions next time? So your acquaintence is having a C section friday or being induced? A friend of mine had a C section today. The doc set it up for her her ahead of time because the baby is getting too big. Can't wait to see pics of the little guy! :) I am lovin' CLX. Some of the moves take getting used to but I think it's a great program so far. The only cardio I am adding is a weekly run of 2-5 miles to keep up my running endurance. I refuse to let it go in the toilet....EVER! ;)

Laura: Just reading your posts brings me pain. So much DOMS! LOL Thanks for the vote of confidence regarding today's work out. I could have used it at one point where I attempted an overhead shoulder press using 20# DB's. Oh my Lord, I think I saw starts on that one! LOL

Jacque: Gaining weight when you have no idea why stinks. Especially when you think you are eating okay. My weight seems to be fluctuating between 129 and 132 which is a couple pounds down from where it had been so that's good. I SHOULD be at 127-130. That's where I used to be. One day....*sigh*....

Okay, gotta run!

See ya in the morning!:D

Oh well, my time is up....

Hiya all !

Done with #5 - went with most of the targeted weights but wonder how I ended up with a couple of them? :confused: Pushed hard and feel great right now. Some DOMS lurking from last UB workout in the chest mainly - back is feeling it pretty good already.

Laura - good to hear you're doing better and are able to "sock it" to SIL ! :eek: Bet she is about ready to kill you. Has she worked out much before or is this her initiation to the "perils of Poochy"? Well no CABS for me so far - hoping I can hold out - especially after the Today show was stating alcohol increases breast cancer and a few others in women because of how they metabolize it. :( Damned if you do (breast), damned if you don't (heart). Just WTH do we do, huh? Anyway - I need to work on my "input" so will do the best I can. Hope I sleep as well tonight as you did last night.

Hope the GTG went well and there is good news awaiting tomorrow.

Diana - I know how it goes - getting to read the posts but no time to actually post. :( Today's workout was some heavy tricep pushups, huh? I can feel mine as I type and I don't think it was just the weights !

Nice you ran into your friend from the past - triathalon now, huh? Have fun shopping for you bike. As far as the bench and rack - I saw a pretty good one, think it was Gold's Gym, at Wally World last year for about $110. The bench moves out and the racks were adjustable. I have a shorter BB and then figured if they can move together I could use it for a squat rack - the rack was adjustable to a pretty good heighth. I don't have much room and need to condense. It will take the place of the twin bed in there now. Since DS moved out it leave another room for guests with a queen bed anyway. I'll go check it out and let you know.

Yep, fitday for a while here. I'm not sure how much I should be eating cal wise and was about 1700 with about 30/30/25/15(alcohol). Cals not bad, guess it is just the macros. Was quite clean except for the beer. We'll see. Today has been great:

B: cranberry juice, flax, protein powder
S: 3 egg whites, 1 egg, spinach, mushrooms and salsa
L: blackened chicken tenders (3) and stir fry veggies (Costco frozen)
S: FF Yoplait yogurt
D: grilled marinated shrimp & fresh stir fry veggies

Drank more water than coffee at work and almost a quart with my workout. Need some flavor so sipping a Fresca.

Wendy - Have too much fun - If you all ever go again and want to do a group thing I am sooooo game ! We are not that far and can get away for a weekend no problem !

Until tomorrow . . .

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.