Damage Control in Feb....Wednesday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls.

Let me get this posted before Lori sneaks a thread in on me and then accuses me of being blind!!! :p

Ok, now I can relax and take my time posting...;)

So yeah, my lower body is a little stiff and sore this morning. Believe it or not though, it's not painful to sit on the toilet seat calibur pain. It's quite subdued but it's there nonetheless. :) I think I will have to do that combo again! ;) I neglected to mention that starting with Burn It Off surely added to it as it's very leg intensive cardio moves.

Today's plan is upper body-GS C&T timesaver and then Centergy class tonight. Nice easy day. :D

Laura: Everyone seems to be lovin' ab circuits. Glad you enjoyed it too!

Diana: I've heard that CLX is pretty intense regarding it's leg work. I'm being told she works legs alot. I could see just in what I previewed considering the cardios are very leg intensive. I'm very excited for that. I know you like the more old fashioned heavy leg work outs yourself. Maybe you can add one in to the rotation somewhere??

Jacque: I am sure the 1RM's are not full proof but just a good idea of the weight you should be using. Did you make note of having to pick up the lighter weight? Perhaps you should try using a slightly lighter weight for those body parts from exercise 1 in the next work out.
Thanks re the weight loss. I'm very pleased. I definately think the abundance of cardio (running) is what hurt me. I will have to be prepared for that when I decide to train for a full marathon but it will be easier if I START training at my happy weight. I had already gained a few pounds from crappy eating when I started upping my mileage. :mad: I also was not really eating any more while running all of those miles so I'll bet I wasn't eating enough and we all know what that can do!:eek:
Sorry about the headaches, etc. My BF suffers from major sinus issues and is very affected by sudden weather changes. She's been complaining alot as well. :(

Guess that's all for now but I'll be back!:cool:

Oh Wendy....you are such a loser:rolleyes:;)

Good Morning Everyone!

How is everyone doing? Im feeling pretty chipper so far...but I have only been up for an hour or so. Im hoping DS will take a nap later today b/c he woke up before 8 and hasn't had a nap in the last couple of days. Sometimes when he goes a while without napping he needs to play catch up. Todays workout is PS and PUB tris and cardio ( I think...I need to look:))

Im not sure if I checked in last night or not. Work yesterday was great. When they first bought the place I worked there for a couple of days but wasn't really into it. I wasn't totally lost and kinda knew what I was doing:rolleyes: We will see how things go. Im not 100% sure that this is what I would want for my FT job.

Wendy** I only post super early when I have to work so you don't need to worry about me until....next Mon morning:) Unless DS wakes at 5 in the morning or something and I need someone to talk to:rolleyes: Have a good workout today!

I will bbl! I am taking DS out to play with his friends for a couple of hours but laying low after lunch.

Lori:)

Hi Ladies,

I'm up early again but still feel groggy. I will only have about 30 min to w/o. I'm thinking of hitting the elliptical and previewing STS disc 1.

The work meeting yesterday was very productive. How often can you say that???

Wendy-I don't think CLX is leg intensive at all. Probably because you only do 1 set of 3-4 leg exercises, and in the burn circuits it part of a compound move. I can lift much heavier for my lower body than I can my upper. I do like both the cardio w/o's in that series and I do like the weights, I just need more traditional stuff for my lower body. Also, thought I'd mention that when I was training for the marathon last summer, I didn't lose any weight at all.

Lori-have fun playing outside with DS. It is supposed to be 69 and sunny here today!

Jacque-sorry you aren't feeling up to snuff. So you couldn't wait to give STS a try either. When do you plan on starting the STS rotation..say march say march! I need to get busy on those 1RM's this weekend.

Need to head downstairs if I want to have to get in any exercise at all.

bbl

Morning Ladies

DOMS report: buttocks and hips .. still sore some in shoulders ..core is ok!! :eek: Last night did circuit class w/triple sets on LB :eek: the LB was FRIED and boy I can tell it today!!

Today IS FREEZING .. it was 19 degrees this morning .. and only 24 now .. BBBRRRRRRRR ... SIL and I are to meet at lunch and do STS second disc Tris and back :confused: I will be so freaking cold ... can I workout in a parka?? Tonight is supposed to get to 16 degrees ... I hated putting my babies out this morning .. I know they are soooooo cold!!! hoping thier fat keeps them warm .. I put blankets and towels out w/them .. but they are used to the house .. I should have left them in the pool room .. didnt think about it though!!! dang it!!!

Lori .. glad you had a good first day at work!! Think that would be a fun job reccommending sporting goods .. do you sell fitness equiptment?? I could talk all day long and sale the H#### outta some fitness equiptment!!

Wendy .. finally got those doms you wanted ey??? the doms that hurt but dont kill ya those are the good ones .. makes you have a sense of accomplishment!!!

Di .. yeah can see why the 1RMs are so important .. I think once I go thru one week though I pretty much know where I need to be .. then this weekend can work on making sure that is where I need to be!!!

Jacque .. so you started STS too!! YAYAYAYAYAAYA .. some of the other girls acted as if the disc 1 was kinda easy .. errrrrr .. they must not have been using enough weight .. b/c it was NOT easy .. it was similar to what she does in Muscle Endurace .. but I am loving the ONE set theory .. soooo much better than doing 3 sets in a row . . lessons the boredom factor and I feel as though I could lift more!! My shoulders are STILL sore from Monday .. are ya sore today???

OK girlies .. STS bis and back at lunch .. then after work the girls are getting together for a girls gathering ... at a Mexican resteraunt ...:confused: .. I will try to be as good as possible .. but those chips are calling my name .. LOL!!!! I usually fill up on chips and salsa .. LOL!! not making any promises on the CABS ... :eek: LOL!!!

Have a great one ... dont think I can work hard enough to work up a sweat in these temps .. but I will try!! ;) Have a good one!!!:D

Still no workout to report. Just thought I would check in with you fine ladies:)

DS was his usual clingy, whiny self today:mad: All the other kids were out playing, while he either wouldn't get down, or wanted to play in the kitchen!

Diana** How was your workout? I know in the mornings when I have to workout before work I am in no rush...I could sit here and chat all morning. Before I had DS I would drop DD off at school, pick up a coffee and sit in front of my computer...then workout. Then I got a running partner and she use to show up with her coffee and ruin my catheland time. I use to get sooo pi$$ed!

Laura** DH doesn't sell equipment only sports stuff, no gym equipment. There is a bit of everything there. Im sure if he had the room he would sell some bigger stuff, but i think he can also order it in if anyone wanted anything. Its funny listening to you talk about your dogs! They truly are your babies aren't they? want two more?;)

I will bbl to report my workout. I am hoping to put DS down for his nap very soon.

Oh and guess what...Im sitting here earlier with my jammies on, checking in...and guess who wanders up over the steps? Yep...my FIl again! Did he not learn his lesson the last time? I told DH that I am going to start locking all the doors. There is no need for people to be coming in the basement door, early in the morning, without making enough noise so that no one knows they are here.
For those of you that don't know, my FIL saw me in my undies on Sun morning!

Well I guess it's time for me to post before we end up on page 2 again! :p

Too tired for an AM workout again. So as soon as I'm done here I'll be doing cardio - though Cathe suggested IMax 2 and I just did that. Perhaps I'll pull out IMax 3 since that isn't listed until week 4 and find about an hour long premix.

Wendy - LOL you started and then came back to keep Lori from posting first ! he he he ! I'm with you on feeling a little bit sore but not bad. I imagine if I had been able to keep up with all the push ups (flash back to P90X !) that I'd be way more sore. I can feel it when I stretch. We'll see if it hits more tomorrow.

I like doing DVD's like Low Max, Drill Max, etc after a leg day - just using body weight works them more but helps with the DOMS. ITA that maybe going a little lighter all the way through may be a good idea. I was struggling at the end, but like Laura mentioned - love doing 1 set of each exercise and she does do like 15 & 16 reps alot. Even some 21's with biceps. Just about have to throw the barbell up to get it to the top on the last couple ! :rolleyes:

Lori - so sorry you didn't get here first ! :( LOL ! Will be here bright and early Mon AM to see who wins ! ;)

Glad to hear yesterday went OK - just remember PITA and night shifts. That will help you decide what you want to do. So what is your current rotation? You all got me interested here in what FIL did last week. Guess I need to check out the OD forum !

Diana - how cool you had a productive day full of meetings ! That is definitely rare these days. No fair we are getting colder and supposed to have rain tonite ! Hope you enjoyed the sun for me.

I will start STS again with you in March - are you planning on just doing it as a 3 month (actually nearly 4 month with the rest weeks) rotation? That way I can play a bit more to see how it is really going to work for me. I still need to play with my KB's too and I could just add a few in between for the next couple of weeks. Let me know ! :D

Laura - so sorry for the freezing temps you are having. We are going to get colder but not that cold. I do have to put my ol' girl (12 yr old) out in the freezing temps, but it warms up to the mid 50's by mid AM for her.

Well my shoulders are not screamin' yet at least - but I only did about 2/3 of the push ups. Am a little sore in all areas but not bad at all. Last time I lifted heavy though it took 2 days to hit me. We'll see. So how are you going to do STS? The 3 set weight days per week or only 2?

Lastly, how did you do with the chips, salsa and CAB's young lady ? I was good at lunch and passed on the bread - had a Greek Chicken salad. Tonight is a fundraiser of pasta, salad and bread though. SIL gave me the tix for my BDay so I couldn't pass on it. I'll go easy on the pasta - at least I have a cardio workout tonight.

Enjoy the evening for those of you who make it back tonight !

Last edited:
Hiya girls

Just wanted to pop in and say HI.:D I've been uber busy at work and just haven't had much free time. I started STS on Monday and am liking it so far but would really like shorter workouts for a change. But, I'm NOT complaining.....it's a great program.

Tomorrow my workout will be a ski trip.:eek: I haven't skiied in years. I sure hope I don't break a leg. LOL!

Sorry I can't catch up on personals, but I have an early appt. tomorrow and I need some sleep. I'm hoping to be able to catch up this weekend.

Nighty night all

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.