Damage Control....with the Easter Bunny???

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!:)

We had friends over last night for dinner and they didn't leave until 2 a.m! We sat around and chatted for a while and then all 7 of us piled into the hot tub. It was the first time we had ever really hung out with one of the couples and it was nice to hang out with someone different. She is really sweet, she wouldn't say a bad word about anyone. Sooooo...we were suppose to go over to my SIL's house to look for Easter eggs with her girls but DS seems to be having the major sleep in! One of the girls called at 8 and that phone didn't even wake him up. I am going to be really behind schedule today b/c there are a few things on the go and I need to get my long run started and over with. Another problem is, I'm not hungry:confused: and I need to fuel up for a long run:eek:

I don't know why I didn't get back here yesterday. I guess I had to much on the go. Or maybe when I had the time my boss was around....oops...manager;) He started to knit pick yesterday. Asking me things that we do or don't do....apparently things that I shold have always been doing and he brings it up now? And I know why....cause he wants to look good for the new owners. If he starts with that BS he can start looking for a new CSR cause Im not listening to that crap. I have always done my job right and he has never complained so don't start with your foolishness now.

Yesterdays workout was a 8k run and 4DS bic and tris. Today I have another 29 ahead of me and if I feel energetic I may do the 32 kms that is on the scedhule for 2 weeks time, just to get it over with.

I am going to see what I missed yesterday and then I shall return! (hopefully)

Lori:)

Good Morning.

Just a quickie to say that I did Insanity's Upper Body work out today. It's a circuit with pyramid style upper body weights/some abs and cardio (47 mins) and then I finished off the abs with 6 Min Abs. Another great work out!

Hope everyone who celebrates has a Happy Easter!

BBL or tmrw!

Happy Easter Ladies!!

We are heading to MIL's this afternoon for Easter dinner. I made this delicious strawberry dessert to take. Hope everyone else likes it as much as I do. My sister's MIL made it for my niece's birthday and it was heavenly!

Well yesterday ended up being a rest day. Today I'm going to do what I should've done yesterday, Bi's, Tri's and Shoulders and MMA fusion....and abs. Need to work those abs on a more regular basis.

Lori-you had a busy day yesterday and sounds like an even busier day today. Hope Rylan gets up soon to go easter egg hunting! Enjoy your long run today. I don't know how you find the energy after being up so late last night.

Wendy-I think your exercise ADD is rubbing off on me. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm considering doing another of the X. I think I looked the best after following that rotation. After STS maybe and Insanity rotation and then P90X. I still want to do KB's though and get some running in too. Hope you have fun at your sister's today!

Hope all the DC'ers have a great day!

Happy Easter Ladies !
8_3_21.gif

Well y'day I woke with filled sinuses (hope that's not TMI !). Created quite a headache but not excruciating. Laid down with the heating pack on my face and by noonish I had to get up to start Easter brunch prepwork which will be at SIL's. She did call Fri AM but not my cell - left a message at the house. So had DH do all my shopping :p - told him Fri. nite that I was getting good at delegating. ;) Oh, since he was shopping for Easter he didn't get anything out for dinner Fri nite (did not work on Fri) so we hit a local BBQ place for Happy Hour (very big and cheap around here) and watched the Sharks game - Win for us ! Woo Hoo !

By the time I was done with Easter brunch prep y'day it was nearly dinner time and I was tired of standing = no workout y'day for me. Am finished with all the food dishes and they are now in the oven cooking. As soon as I am done here I'll get started on some sort of cardio workout. Will be short and hard, whatever I choose to do. Will begin my Meso 3 tomorrow FOR SURE ! ! !
We are due for rain and 58' weather today - unusual for us - so hopefully the nieces and nephews can get their hunt in before then.

Lori - Well you are being very social lately - good for you. Sounds like last night was a great time - cool to have a new couple in the group - especially one who is not gossipy ! ;) Back is fine - no lingering effects that I can feel at this time so will go as heavy as possible but will back off if I feel anything at all. The crepes are always a hit - we ate them in the AM since there is always so much food - but I had to go to our other site so missed the potluck. Had a burger patty and salad when I got back at 2 PM. Most everyone left the office at 3 and at 5 when I was not done with my work my boss came in and told me to go home that I could finish on Mon. Whew ! I always get stuck leaving later than most due to the timing of our 3 day weekends. Hope your long run went well today !

Wendy - I have to say that I am loving the BBL and not sure if it is those workouts, the intense "Cathe" weekend or my eating more than usual that has dropped a few lbs for me and smoothed out my "lumpies" on the back end. Wish I knew what it was, but think BBL is a part of it. I read an article - think it was Oxygen - about training the glutes - which most of us do in conjunction with the legs but not on their own. Have you seen that? Definitely supports BBL workouts to a T. Was there extra Insanity workouts too? Is it anything like PUB? Hope Easter was fun for you and Joey !

Diana - I am right there with you on not doing enough abs lately. That will be something of a focus for me this month. Great job on the DOMS y'day in all the right places ! :p I remember the days of running the kids all over - nice they were all wins ! So what was this strawberry yumminess dessert like? My Mom used to make one with angel food cake, strawberries and whipping cream - delish !

Jennifer - So nice to hear Dad came back up with you and you are enjoying the family ! Woo Hoo about the breakthrough at the gym - Super Job there ! Dont'cha just love it when the guys make comments like that? I do my workouts for my health for myself, but always gratifying when others notice your hard work ! Sounds like your eats are 'on track' too. Good for you ! Hope you enjoyed your Easter with the family.

OK ladies - think I am caught up with my "no show" y'day - it's off to the workout room for me after I check my "eggies". Enjoy the day !

Last edited:
Hey Girls!

Busy, busy day but thought it would be easier to check in now then to try and do it in the a.m. I am at my parents house now and the computer isn't in the same room as the tv, where DS and I hang out in the morning while drinking our foffee:p

Shortly after I checked in DS woke up and thats why I never returned for personals. I didn't even get a chance to read yesterdays thread:confused: I took him over to my SIL's house to look for easter eggs, from there I went for my run and as soon as I got home I woofed down some food and was on the road. I think my run today was the best one to date. I didn't stop until I got to the 10 mile mark and that was to take my jacket off b/c it got warm. I think I only stopped 3 x's in total and my pace was a 4:59 kms which I think is a 8 min mile. When I went with my friend the other day our pace was 5:10 and I was wiped by the time I got home. Today I actually did 30 km which is almost 19 miles I think and it took me 2 1/2 hours. The other thing I found was that I wasn't even tired when I got home. Normally, I am tired for the first couple of hours but then I come around again. Not today though.I don't know if I am getting use to the long runs or if I was just having a really good day.

Wendy** Nice workout!

Diana** I made snickers cheesecake last night for dessert and it was deadly! Very rice of course. And its all gone! LOL I gave them some to take home with them and I brought the rest to my parents house. I was kind of picking at it all day so Im not sure how much of it I actually ate!:eek: Oh well.....Hope you had a good day!

Jacque** So are your sinuses feeling better now? It doesn't sound good. I never have any issues with sinuses of allergies but right around this time every year DH's allergies start acting up. Sounds like you have had a couple of busy but good days!

O.k....I will bb in the a.m. Tomorrow is a rest day. While I was out for my run today DH stopped by with some gatorade for me and he said that he saw my running partner out for her short run ( i guess he stopped to talk to her) Yesterday she did her long run... I don't know why she was out again today:confused: Injury waiting to happen!

Lori:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.