Damage Control December...Sunday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls.

Just wanted to get us started! :)

Hoping to be motivated enough to bang out my work out before I have to leave for my appointment but I make no promises. LOL

The scale is driving me bonkers. I swear it needs new batteries. I am going to buy some today and see what happens tmrw morning before I get TOTALLY freaked out. According to what it said this morning I have not lost ANYTHING but instead GAINED 1.5 pounds since I started watching my food intake 2 weeks ago! :eek::eek: IMPOSSIBLE.....right? :confused:

Last edited:
Good Morning,

I just woke up and the coffee wasn't brewed:mad: I changed the timer and must've forgot to hit the auto button so I'm impatiently waiting for my first cup of coffee.

It looks like we have about 3 inches of snow. That's not bad but the temp is 1 degree right now with a high of 19 today. I'll have to bundle up before I head out to shovel the walks.

Today I plan on doing a long cardio but am too groggy to think about that right now.

Wendy-sorry about the scale. My trainer told us (it is just a number, it's what makes up that number that is important). She uses the electric impedence scales that give your fat free mass, body water etc. I hope you are not weighing yourself daily! Enjoy facial and massage!

Time to get my cup of coffee....finally.

Morning girls

Wow! It's been a while, but I finally got a chance to get on the puter. I really should be cleaning since my house is a train wreck.:eek: It's been a crazy busy week and I'm so far behind I don't even know where to start. Plus it's Cam's birthday today so when they get back home from Grandmas house this morning, we need to take him into town for lunch or dinner and let him spend some time at the arcade. Hopefully I can get caught up next week.

I got online late last night when we got home just for a minute to see what AOS had on sale. I bought the clinic 1 set and will buy the Newport DVD today. I missed out on the Providence DVD and the Kettlebell Way DVD too. But, on the bright side I did get an email from them saying that next week they will be re-offering all the specials one more time.:)

I haven't had a chance and probably won't be able to get caught up on past posts.:( So please forgive if I'm a bit in the dark.

Wendy - Sounds like you have a great appointment today.:)
Don't sweat the scale. I know, I know, easier said than done, but you KNOW that the scale is not THE indicator of how you are doing. How do your clothes fit and how do you feel? That's the most important thing.;) Be patient....it will move.
Do you have Kettlebell Way or Providence? Since they are both basically the same workout which one is better??

Diana - Waking up to NO coffee is a bummer eh? DH left me a cup but that was most certainly not enough for a Sunday morning. *lol*
I wish we had your cold temps today. It's in the 40's today which is eating away all the snow. I don't really mind that so much, but it is really making the roofs heavy and will be bad for a lot of people especially since we have (or had) about 2 feet of snow.:eek: Actually DH and the boys are over to Grandmas shoveling off her roof right now. Ahhhhh - fun times.

Hi to the rest of you girls....hope you are all having a great day. I gotta go and make some progress on this messy house and then will be outta here again. Sadly I have fallen off the food wagon. Suffice it to say that Thursday was candy making day, Friday was an unexpected day on the road, and yesterday was a Christmas party downstate.:rolleyes: I am back on the wagon thus far today but man this time of year is a pain when you're trying to be good. ACK!!! Stop the madness!!!

Angie

Happy Sunday morning to all,

Wendy - you have been eating pretty well. How are your measurements and/or clothes fitting compared to 2 weeks ago? I'd use that over the scale. Otherwise, you could always track your cals/macros for a week and see if what you are eating is more/less than necessary for your ideal intake based upon your exercising routines. I find that can sometimes help me make changes (when I am feeling like challenging myself rather than enjoying myself!:eek:).

Diana - LOL about the java ! I went out to make a pot and DH hadn't mentioned we have not a coffee bean in the house. (I even checked the counter and kitchen floor because he usually make the coffee and hasn't figured out how to clean up after himself yet!):p So had to use some preground Folgers (I think - it must be a couple years old at least!). Can you say "BLECH !" ? ? ? So first thing once I'm am done here is a Costco run for some fresh French Roast coffee beans. May have to have some later today to make up for what I am drinking right now.

Hope you can stay warm today. We are at about 30' and only supposed to get into the high 40's today. Quite cold for our neck of the woods - but WAY warmer than you have it so I'm not complaining.

Angie - so good to see you today. Sorry you have been so busy and are behind - I totally know that one. I think I'll be better once the year is over, but have so many things I am in the middle of that I'm having a hard time juggling too. House cleaning? Can you tell me what that might be? :eek:

Thanks for the reminder about the AOS DVD's. I may jump on one or more of those. And then, BDay is the end of Jan, maybe I could get one or two more ahead of time? I really want to try the KB's since I think it will work for me these days. It has been difficult trying to find the solution to burn the fat without eating 100% clean for me. I try, but can only do so well for so long. Am hoping to find something that has cardio and weights at the same time. That looks to be my answer, at least for now.

I know what you mean about that doggone food wagon. Being busy makes it soooo much harder and then when you are away from home or running around it adds to the difficulty. I am on a "do the best you can" wagon and hope the New Year will be a bit slower and more focused.

Off to be productive now that I have caught up here !:p

Oh yea - workout is to be GS Shoulders & Back. Think it may be while DH is cooking dinner on the grill. Probably salmon and I'll fix asparagus with fresh diced tomoatos to put ontop.

Back later . . .

Hey ladies,

I tried posting earlier but I lost my internet connection for a bit. Oh well. Before shoveling the walks I had 3/4 C eggbeaters w/broccoli on a ww tortilla w/ homemade green chile. It was delicious.

I finally went down for a long cardio workout but nothing was really grabbing my attention. I ended up doing SJP all cardio, it was only about 40-45 minutes. I just wasn't feelin' it. That was followed up with SJP abs.

After showering I had a roast beef sandwich with one slice cheese on a high fiber english muffin with grey poupon. Now I'm have a not very healthy cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows.

Chalean Extreme is now available. I'm not sure I can justify that with STS coming anytime. I've already asked for Wii fit for Xmas and can't afford to get everything at once, especially this month.

Angie-give Cam a big birthday wish from your cyber pals, or fitness freak friends as DS calls us. I hope you have a fun day.. and don't sweat the small stuff! Let me know what you think of the KB w/o's.

Jacque-I will be joining you on the shopping today. I just cut coupons out of the paper and am making a list. I don't really want to go out in this cold but need to.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Hi Girls.

My massage and facial were heavenly though they've put me in a tired "fog" that I can't seem to shake. I was in a crabby mood when I left for the appointment but that passed quickly when my brain realized where I was headed. :D

After that I came home, grabbed a bite to eat (tuna w/lite mayo on crackers) and then we headed out to do some Christmas shopping. Wouldn't ya know it, by the time we were done, I was cranky again! No surprise there I guess! :rolleyes: LOL

I'm enjoying my "ration" of wine as I type this though so hopefully my mood will pick up shortly. :p

Eats for today...
*Mini ww bagel with hummus
*Turkey sandwich with 1 slice cheese and hummus on white bread (eegads! ran out of ww!:eek:)
*tuna with lite mayo on whole grain crackers
*Lean Cusine meal, left over peas and small piece of talapia from last night's dinner, pria bar
*I will probably have a snack shortly but I'm not sure what it will be at this point.

Diana: Can't give you any help on the Chalean decision. I'm passing on it. It simply doesn't interest me. Perhaps it will one day but not now...
The only reason the weight gain bothers me is because my pants are all tighter and I can see the negative impact the weight gain has had on my body-specifically my abs. :eek: If my clothes still fit fine and my abs still looked the way they used to then I wouldn't worry about it so much.

Jacque: Since the start of the weight gain my pants have definatley gotten tighter which is what prompted me to clean up my eating and try to lose the weight. These last couple of pounds? I don't know. I don't wear jeans these days unless I have no clean sweats! :p Your dinner sounds like it's gonna be tastey! Enjoy it!

Ang: I own KBW and not Providence so I can't compare them for you. I love KBW. I also recently got KBW2. I do want AOS Newport and Firepower though. I put them on my Christmas list. Hopefully I will get them but if not, you KNOW I'll grab 'em up for myself after the holidays! Oh and I just ordered the Lauren Brooks DVD that folks talk up on the open discussion. I'll let you know how I like it once I've done it. :) Hope you were able to put a dent in the house cleaning. I plan to do that tmrw since I have the day off. How did Cam's B'day lunch or dinner go?

Gotta get DS off to bed now. BBL or tmrw morning. :)

Last edited:
Evening all

Ahhhhh - back home for a bit. We took Cam to an indoor miniature golf place with arcade after we did a bit of X-mas shopping. We have a family X-mas this weekend so I think they are all now bought for. After golfing we took Cam to his favorite Buffalo Wings restaurant. I had a grilled chicken sandwich with onion rings. I felt a bit guilty, but I banged out CC#6 before I left so it wasn't a total loss.

Jacque - I couldn't resist the KB chatter anymore and I just can't pass up a good deal. Even though I still think $40 for a workout is a bit insane. I hear they are worth every penny.....I sure hope so.;) There's just no where up in the sticks here that I could take a KB class so I also sprung for the Clinc DVD they had yesterday for another $65. I figured I'b better learn how to use the KB's safely or none of it will be worth the money.
Yup, this time of year is always so hectic. But, after the first of the year, I will be uber busy at work. I'm in the office much more in January than any other time of the year trying to get my tax stuff done. I hate tax season! But, I always feel so relieved when the corporate taxes are over.
Minimal damage is what I'm aiming for too. I try like heck to pre-plan, but it seems like my best plans are always foiled this time of year.

Diana - I'm not getting sucked into the Chalene Extreme fever yet. Just like you, I'm waiting for STS....once that's out, I'll bet that CE will be a distant memory. Although, who knows....maybe CE will be great....if so, it will still be there after I'm thru with STS.....like I'll ever be thru with it. *lol* Now with the KB workouts and STS, I think I'll be set for a while.
Thanks for Cams B-day wishes. He had a great time today and hugged and thanked us several times. He knows he's a spoiled child. I just love it that he admits it.

Wendy - Oh yes, you'll have to keep checking the AOS site for their 12 days of X-mas sale. Newport is on sale today. If you missed out on any of it though....like I said, I think they will be re-listing the sales on the 12th day or sometime this week. I can't wait to hear what you think of the LB workout.
Ha - I didn't get much of a dent in the housecleaning b/c I was gone most of the day again today. Geez - I just need a day at home to get caught up! I did HAVE to do a couple of loads of laundry though so we had something to wear.:rolleyes: I can't wait to be able to see the bottom of my countertop again.
Don't you have STS preordered too? I'm thinking you do but can't remember for sure.

Well, time for me to get my butt to bed. Another long day awaits me tomorrow. Cam has a science test to study for too, so it may be a while before I can get back here tomorrow night.

Hope all you girls have a pleasant Monday.:cool:

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.