Damage Control December...Saturday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girls.

I am quite bleary eyed right now. Not enough sleep. Late night and up for DS at 7am. There is a nap in my future for sure. ;)

So did anyone realize that I wrote MONDAY on y'day's thread title when it was FRIDAY!? :eek: I didn't realize it until this morning myself! :D

So y'day's work out was PLB standing work in the A.M. and then PLB floor, PUB Abs and LowMax blasts in the afternoon. My legs are feelin' it this morning. Especially my hams. I started getting DOMS last night!:eek:

Not sure what's on tap for today. I want to do everything! LOL Upper body is what's on the actual rotation but I *may* change things around a bit and not do that until tmrw. Not sure yet. We'll see. :p

Time to make breakfast for DS.

BBIAB with personals.

HAPPY SATURDAY GIRLS!:)

I'm back.

Just hangin' out a bit with my THIRD cup o' joe! :eek: I tried to nap this morning already. I laid in bed for quite some time but I think I only slept for about 5 mins. :confused:

I am heading to the gym in a bit for a short run and will do the work out that's on the rotation later in the day--> SS U/B Blast premix. Between the two work outs I will try desparately to nap again. Ofcourse, DH is going to a hockey game and will be leaving the house by 3:45 and won't be home until about 10 or so. I could always force myself to stay awake and just go to bed at 8-8:30 tonight after Joey is down. How lame is that!? LOL Heck,with my luck I'd be over-tired and wouldn't be able to sleep!:eek:

Last edited:
Good Saturday morning ladies !

Wendy - went to double check to see if anyone posted after me last night and thought I had pulled up Monday's thread last night and posted on it instead of Friday's ! :eek: :p The way the week went, I wouldn't have been surprised. Happy it wasn't me though 'cuz I need to do a few things right at this point in time. :D

So is DH going to an NHL game tonight or playing himself ?

Got my sushi and Xmas tree last night. Was going to run this AM instead of IMax2 which is on the rotation. Got up usual time, 6AM but now my stomach is feeling yucky. Definitely not a good time to run.

Thinking I'll get started on my chores and errands and hope that I feel a bit better later. We got our sprinkles as promised this AM already. Just hope it doesn't rain too hard while we are walking to the hockey game tonight.

Off to get the 'productive' part of my day started. Hope all of you in the East are weathering the ice storms OK. I guess if you make it here you probably have power, or a laptop !

Stay safe my cyber pals !;)

Hey There.

I ran for 25 minutes this morning. I was tired but it felt good nonetheless. I'll do my weight training after DH leaves for the game.

Jacque: DH is going to a Devils game tonight with my bestfriend and a couple that BF is friends with. They have luxury box seats so they will have a great view of the game but all will have endless food to eat during the breaks! Seems like you had a bad day yesterday that has found it's way into this morning as well. (((HUGS))) I hope your belly gets better so you can get in some cardio and burn off the negative stuff. I know what you mean about Xmas. I'm not much in the spirit myself this year. *sigh*

Laura: Can't wait to hear how your girls night went. I want your DH to teach my DH how to cook! :D

Hope the rest of the gals are doing well.

Breakfast: mini ww bagel with a little natural p/b.
Snack: none cause I ended up eating breakfast ALOT later the usual.
Lunch: turkey sandwich on lite ww bread with one slice american cheese and hummus, pria bar.

I'll be back a bit later!

Hi Ladies,

DH and I slept in a bit and then watched our recorded Dirty Sexy Money. That's the one show we watch together, usually on Saturday or Sunday Mornings. This morning I need to catch up on all the weight work on the rotation. I need to do biceps, shoulders and triceps. If time permits I'll be throwing in a cardio workout too!

My nephew called a bit ago and asked if we could watch the kids tonight. I'm really excited to have them over. We are going to go through our dvd's and see if we can find a family christmas movie we could all watch.

Other than the pigout yesterday, my eating was good. I did have salad, chicken enchilada's, rice, and desserts (2 choc chip cookies, 2 small pieces baklava, 2 chunks chocolate covered peanut brittle). I did not feel stuffed or like I overate afterwards, but could've gotten by just fine with one of the desserts instead of 2. That's why I need the extra cardio!

My foot appt. went great and I really like this dr. She is scheduling me for an MRI on my feet since x-rays don't show everything. She addressed all of my concerns for both feet since I have pain in both feet. She explained what is causing the pain in my right foot (already had surgery twice on this foot) and we are starting with orthotics to address the issue. If this doesn't work surgery is an alternative. For my left foot she said eventually I will need surgery but also provided some alternatives. I really like that she didn't blow of my issues and addressed all of my concerns, reviewed my x-rays and explained in English what was causing my pain and several ways we can go about alleviating it.

We are not really in the Christmas spirit either. The tree is up and decorated but the house decorations are not. I have not wrapped any gifts so there are no gifts under the tree yet. We have really cut back on our spending. We are spending half of what we normally spend. Its pretty sad, but realistically speaking it is not worth going into debt over either.

The weather today is in the high 50's, but tomorrow will drop down into the 20's until Wednesday or Thursday. We're only supposed to get about 3 inches of snow but the bitter cold will be here for several days.

Wendy-such the motivator. Already getting in your workout even though you are tired. I guess that doesn't leave me any excuse not to get mine in. I too had 3 cups of coffe this morning and could probably use more.

Jacque-hope you feel better. I'm sure your grandson will enjoy christmas at grandma's house! My grandbaby girlies will be here on Dec 26th, I can hardly wait to see them. They just started walking. They are 11 months old today!!!

Laura-Can't wait to hear all the details on the ladies night out!

Where is everyone today??? Hope you are all working out and eating healthy.

Looks like I will not be doing my weight work today after all. *sigh* I laid down for a nap this afternoon and slept too long so I am incredibly groggy. I am disappointed but do not feel guilty since I got to run this morning. I will try to squeeze in my work out tmrw morning but if it doesn't happen early I will take a rest day instead and do the work out on Monday. I have an appointment for a massage and facial at 11:30 tmrw and then we are going to do some much needed Christmas shopping in the afternoon.

Diana: Wow your babies are getting so big! 11 months old already! Holy cow! :) Never saw the show you mentioned but I'm not a big tv watcher. Just can't sit through a program long enough to find out if I like it or not. Glad you found a doctor that you like. Hopefully things will start looking up for your running now. We don't even have our tree up yet so don't feel bad about not having the house decorated. :confused:

Well, DH is out for the night. I'm off to make DS and myself some dinner. I'll pop back in later while I'm havin' my ration of wine!:p

Hey girlies !

Got my hall painted and finished a wall in the dining room. Got another door's worth of trim painted too !

My breakfast was a piece of bread with PB to help settle the tummy. Feeling better now and, Wendy, since I see you ran :)p), guess I'll toss on the running shoes and hit the TM in a few. Really felling like a run - think I'll just do a SS and watch HGTV. They have some good projects on right now.

Wendy - too funny, shortly after DH is done watching the Devils, we will be at a Sharks game (since we are West Coast). We only have the cheapie seats in the second level, but they are near the goal line where our guys shoot twice and we can see the entire rink so I love 'em. Plus, with the lower price, we got season tix so get to see lots of games. I just take a big bag of peanuts and that is our eats while at the game! :eek:

In fact, a large part of my Xmas shopping was giving the kids a couple of Sharks games so that really cut down on my shopping ! ;)

Diana - Hope you have fun with the little ones (how old?) tonight. I so adore playing with other peoples kids ! :D How fun but tiring the twins are walking now. Have only seen my GS once since he started walking, but will enjoy watching him with my nieces and nephews, ranging from 3 to 15 with loads in the younger ages, at Xmas this year.

I'm glad I'm not the only one not feeling the 'spirit' this year. I guess the economy has affected our lives in many ways. From having to worry more, having more going on at work (a large part of our lives) and just having to watch what we spend . . . Though I have to say, when I was getting divorced and we pinced each penny twice - I think it taught us the lesson that things aren't always easy and we do what we have to. Materialism is not important but rather health and happy times with family rank top in my book.

OK - off to hit the TM. Hope everyone else is having fun at least ! :rolleyes:

Afternoon Snack: Craisins, walnuts, dried apricots, 2 wasa crisps with hummus.
Dinner: Talapia pan fried in no fat spray with some adobo on for taste, peas and a dark chocolate square for dessert.
2nd Dessert: WINE! 1 full glass. No more. No less. ;)

Jacque: Hope you got a nice TM run in to make room for the peanuts (and beer?) you will consume at the game tonight! :D Good job getting the painting done. Glad your belly is better. I swear pb is just a cure all. It's THAT good!:p

Hey ladies,

I did GS Biceps, Shoulders, Triceps, then tacked on the second round of biceps. There was no way I could do biceps back to back. I had to bag the cardio so I would have time to get my errands done before the kids showed up.

Eats-breakfast was 1/2 C fiber one, 2 scoops protein powder, 3/4 C almond milk. Snack of light ww muffin w/peanut butter. Lunch was another protein shake with fiber one, protein powder, flax seeds, froz strawberries. Dinner is in the oven, meatloaf, baked beans, steamed broccoli. I was going to make boiled potatoes but figured the baked beans would be good enough.

Jacque-great niece is 9 and great nephew is 4. Angela (9)is very good and well mannered. Sakeia is a typical busy 4yr old who needs to be reigned in sometimes, but is also well behaved most of the time. Your house is almost new again. Have a great time at the game.

Wendy-I read your ration of wine as rotation of wine:p I wasn't far off seeing how you had chocolate and wine! Enjoy your massage and facial tomorrow. I need to make an appt for another facial.

Well I actually cut the wine short at 3/4 of a glass and opted for a snack. I had some ww crackers with lf cottage cheese on them. YUMMY! Now I will drink some water and be done with my eats for the evening. I think I am going to bed shortly after I put DS down and he's going to bed in five minutes!:D

Diana: A rotation of wine sounds great to me! Come join me! ;) Sorry you didn't have time for cardio. I hate when that happens. Your dinner sounds devine. I'm jealous! Enjoy it and I'll talk to you in the morning girl!

I just ate a serving size (4) of cookies we have that are like the GS thin mints. That's it though I swear! NO MORE FOOD! A glass of water and I'm going to bed!!!!! I'll find a way to lock myself in my room if I have too! :eek:

:D:D:D:rolleyes::D:D:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.