Damage Control December....Santa's on his way Friday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls. :)

Well dinner last night was meatballs with gravy, mashed potatoes, corn and creamed spinach. It was yummy but I stayed in control and only had one serving. I also had a piece of cheese before dinner and a small handful of m&m's for dessert. I did OKAY. :)

Diana: LOL, so glad we could enable. I think you will love the bells. It's very different from traditional weight training and alot of fun. Can't wait to hear what you think. :) So any idea what size bell you are going to start with?

Ang: Wow your uncle lucked out on the Wii deal. Well, actually YOU lucked out. LOL My next rotation is going to bell a kettlebell rotation which I will do for a month or until I decide to begin STS if it gets here prior to completion of the bell rotation. Congrats on the kb vids! With all of the kettlebell madness going around, we are going to have to change our thread name again I think!:D

Jen: Thanks for updating us. How scarey! I'm so glad that you are going to be okay. The bag probably isn't thrilling you but hey, as you said, it could have been worse and you are going to be just fine! :) Interesting eating instructions you've been given but I get it. The processed and white foods are easier to digest. The whole grains, fiber,etc is more difficult for your body to process so I can see why you'd be told to eat the exact opposite of what you've been doing. That was some ice storm...6 days without power!? That's crazy stuff right there! The longest I've ever lived with out power is 3 days and it was awful. :( I'll keep my fingers crossed that your intenet comes back up soon!!!!:D

Today's work out will be CTX upper body and B&G ab work. Not sure when it'll get done but it'll get done!:)

Breakfast:1/c c oatmeal made with 1/2 sc protein pwdr, 1/2 banana (mashed) and ff milk. YUMMY!

Last edited:
Good Morning Girls,

I just got out of bed and its already 7am. DH had a gout attack last night and I couldn't get back to sleep. We can hardly walk this morning. The gout is happening more frequently so he needs to be keeping a food diary to determine what is triggering it.

Jerod needs to be to school at 7:30 this morning and his awards ceremony isn't until 10. KPC is sounding good for this morning.

Wendy-your breakfast w/the mashed banana in the oatmeal sound wonderful.

I'll be back later to see what everone else is up to.

Afternoon Ladies .. TGIF ... been busy here .. so I am late posting.

First the dang gym did not fix the stereo system after they said they did .. I had all my class looking at me wanting to workout .. so I did .. even though we sounded like we were in a bad nightclub w/the music too loud .. I managed a 6 step workout w/weights .. one of my old workouts .. again I left stressed ... but now I am outta there for 2 weeks .. so I will take that time and decide on what to do!!

Today the eats are HORRIBLY blown after starting out good .. brkfst - 2 boiled eggs .. one bite of cheese - snack: grapefruit ... then the boss brings in pepporoni pizza and a salad .. not to mention snack everywhere .. I have only given in to one caramel .. but I DID have TWO slices of pizza :eek::eek: .. (although one slice was a smaller slice) ... tonight is date night .. so the only calories burned will be the FUN kind ;)

Jen... OH MY goodness girl .. you have had a time of it .. I can not even imagine the pain you were in .. and emergency rooms infuriate me .. so many people use them as a dr. visit and NOT real emergencies .. so ones like you that have a REAL emergency have to be at the mercy of long waits from morons!!! :mad: .. I am just glad someone got a clue and noticed you need immediate attention!!! and thank GOD you had your friend to call 911 ... I can not imagine what you have been thru .. but I am so relieved that you are in such a positive light and you are feeling stronger .. hang in there .. and MEGA positive energy, vibes, and prayers are coming your way!! :)

Wendy .. your supper sounded divine!! mmm mmm mmm .. work out some for me today please .. b/c I blew it big time :eek:

Di .. I will be on vacation for 1 1/2 weeks .. FIRST time ever DH has been off at Christmas .. so we are taking advantage of it!! We are going w/some friends to Biloxi after Christmas .. I am excited!!! Should be fun!! And you are getting to see your grandbabies .. HOW EXCITING .. their first Christmas and you get to spend time w/them . . WONDERFUL!!!

I went to the Dr. about my shoulder I ams o lucky that I do NOT have a torn rotator cuff .. I have a LOT of imflammation in my bursea .. BURSITIS .. OK isn't that what OLD people get .. :eek::( .... Dr. ordered to lay off upper body/shoulder work .. ice twice a day .. ibuprofen and stretching exercises .. going to obey this time .. learned my lesson w/my knee ... I had been UPPING my pushups and pullups and afraid I have REALLY overdone it .. so I will be laying off the upper body .. heck .. I need to UP my CARDIO anyways .. so it is all good!!! :)

Going to try to finish my Christmas shopping tommorrow .. {{ please no stone .. no stone }} ... DH is on nights but does not want me to go alone just in case .. so he is going to get up early and take me :) awwwwwwwwww .. he is so sweet!! maybe we can get it all done!! I WILL be fitting in a run tommorrow while DH is sleeping!! Will try to check in w/you gals between the run and the shopping trip .. if not will check when we get home .. till then all of you have a WONDERFUL day .. and a great upcoming weekend!!! :D

Hello Ladies.

No work out to speak of as of yet and who knows when/if it'll get done TBH. I just have no motivation today...*sigh*...I think it's the weather. :(
We are getting a mixed bag of crap (snow, sleet, hail, rain...u name and we are getting it). It's NASTY out there. UGH!

Snack at work: Walnuts,craisins,dried apricots and a few treats from a goody container given to us as a gift by a member at the gym. Sweet gesture but I didn't need to eat any of it! :confused:

Lunch: My usual turkey sandwich on ww bread with hummus.

Snack: lf cottage cheese with blueberries/raspberries.

Diana: I have no idea what gout is but it doesn't sound fun. I hope your DH figures out what's causing it.

Hope everyone is staying dry and warm. BBL

I've decided to do my final week of this rotation backwards in order to get myself motivated to work out. The final work out is a circuit which I have been subbing in a k-bell work out for. I want to try out my newest k-bell work out so this is motivating me to want to work out today. I will now being doing CTX as my final work out of the rotation.

Off I go...I'll report back on how I liked it since everyone is buying bells and work outs to go with them around here lately! :D

PS: I also admit to dipping into some (more) cookies not too long ago...need to work off the guilt now!:eek:

Cookie guilt is gone! :)

So I did the new KB work out and although the DVD froze on me a couple of times which annoyed me, I really enjoyed the work out and got a chance to try out my new 30 # kettle bell that got delivered today!
What timing!!!!!:D:D:D

For dinner I had a large salad and a grilled cheese sandwich (ff cheese and lite ww bread).

No more sweets for me today but I may have a glass of wine and/or a small HEALTHY snack later.

Tomorrow calls for IMAX3 but I will likely take it to the gym for a run. I have to if I want to keep up with my 5 mile/3x per week runs I said I'm gonna try to do now. Convenient way to get out of learning IMAX3, ey? ;):p

BBL or tmrw!

Hey ladies,

Somehow I managed to strain my back reaching for my purse as I was getting out of my car. I hate when these silly injuries happen. At any rate there was no way I could to KPC with all the twisting and turning. I ended up doing LIC cardio, its a 48 min w/o which worked out great.

Laura-you are not old... you can't be since I'm older than you and I'm not old!;) Glad it's not a torn rotator cuff. Enjoy your time off with your family and friends. I just got tired of being stressed at the holidays, my kids calling me because they were fighting etc. I started talking the last 2 weeks of December off probably 5 years ago. I'm able to enjoy the festivities and get all the christmas stuff taken down and put away at my leisure. I'm very excited to see my grandbaby girlies. I will be posting pictures too!

Wendy-wow a 30# KB! Holy Smokes girl. I'm going to ask dh for a 15# and a set of 20#. Do you think that would be good to start with? Well my rotation calls for back & biceps but I'm going to throw in Imax 3 just for you. I love it! Besides I need my extra cardio.

I had my normal breakfast but not until about 11am and I was starving. I had a lean cuisine and a 2 pt bar for lunch and I just finished a ham & cheese sandwich on lt ww english muffin. I haven't had enough water today and am very thirsty.

Hi Jacque, Angie (go read my post from last night), Jen (((HUGS))), DeeDee and Shirl.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.