Damage Control December...Hump Day Wednesday!

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hey Girls.

It's a rest day for me today.

I have kettlebell legs BIG TIME this morning. Sore. Sore. Sore. :D

I had my nightly 1/2 glass of wine last night and my bed time snack was a banana with natural p/b.

This morning so far I've just had coffee. Oatmeal will likely be the breakfast of choice this morning.

I finally starting to feel a bit less pudgy and my abs look a wee bit better then they have been looking. YAY! Hopefully the trend continues and it only gets better!:) I will weigh myself again on friday morning and see where I'm at. I am going out to dinner friday night so no scale until next week after that! :p The dinner is for a Birthday celebration so I just can't not go.

Jacque: Thanks for the flax info. Perhaps I'll try puttin' a bit in my oatmeal this morning. Fiber keeps things "moving". How in the world did you get backed up from it?? Unless TOO much has a reverse effect??

Guess that's all for now.
BBL.

So my breakfast this morning was 1/2 c oatmeal made with water (and a little ff milk to cool it off after cooked). I added 1/2 sc protein pwdr and 1 tspn of flax seeds.

I am sure my snack at work will end up being the usual...

Check back with you gals after work!

Buh-bye!:D

Hi Ladies,

I had to be at work early yesterday and ended up working through lunch. No workout to report. My eating was terrible, its all the snacking and nibbling on all the goodies at work. I'm feeling pudgy today.

I need to do a cardio w/o this morning and will pick something out when i get downstairs.

Hope everyone stays warm and has a great day!

bbl

Top o' the morning to all !

TG it's Hump Day. After Friday I think I get to breathe for a bit ! Woo Hoo !

Stayed in bed a wee bit long this AM so only did my 4DS LIS and will hit the shoulders, core and calves after work. Which should be an early day since tomorrow is a long one.

Yep, for me too much fiber acts like a 'plug' :eek:. Once I cut back I was fine and all else had remained the same so . . . But even a TB is some good omegas and a little more fiber.

So did the flax bother you at all? Could you taste it?

Diana - hope today is a bit better. I've been in the snacky mode lately too and giving in to goodies I usually have no problem passing by. But, oh well, at least the holidays are almost over and it will be back to "normal" (as normal as it ever gets) once the New Year begins.

Hopefully with STS ! I wanna look like the "girls" do in the blogs and you tubes ! :rolleyes: :p

Should be popping back in a bit later . . . stay warm !

Happy hump day

Well .. last night's class was a disaster .. OK .. in my absence some moron blew up the fitness room's speakers .. the only thing I can think .. it is making a HORRIBLE buzzing sounds and the music is barely hearable!!!! I was so stressed out .. and not feeling my best .. I did the best I could do under those circumstances .. but not a steller w/o by no means .. ended up doing the fitness balls .. the core is actually sore from it. My DH was late picking me up .. and I was ticked so I was frazzled last night. Then he had invited company over and the house was a MESS :eek::confused::eek: soooooooo Poochy was not a happy camper. I did unwind w/some CABS and was able to catch the end of the Biggest looser so I felt better by the end of the night.

TODAY's plan ... call and complain about the speakers (not the only thing the new owners are being chincy on .. I am really having serious concerns about the viability of staying on there) ... try to do some Christmas shopping and get some containers for what little I did manage to get Sat. .. go home and ATTACK my house .. it is HORRIBLE .. and I can not stand it .. today's w/o will be CleanMAX to the MAX!!! :confused: :eek:

Di .. you are freezing and we are in a heat wave this week it is in the 80's and lows around 65 .. REALLY ODD for us!! then by the weekend looks like a cold front will move down b-4 Christmas .. thank goodness .. b/c it sure does not feel llike Christmas now .. I was sweating this morning ... and I see everyone north of us is in a FREEZE zone!!!

Wendy .. WTG on the eats .. I cant do flax seed ... wish I could .. but I certainly dont need the extra help on the "moving" .. LOL .. think I have the opposite .. if I get stressed or I eat something out of the ordinary my stomach REBELS BAD!!:confused:

Jacque ... all this talk of kettlebells and on sale kettle bells I sure am wanting to give into the urge ... I just dont know if I can justify it w/STS coming up around the corner .. my guess is Cathe will end up doing a KB w/o soon w/all the buzz about it!! :)

OH .. the eats: yesterday grilled chkn wrap - snack: orange - supper: sirloin steak, salad and 1/2 potato. today breakfast: granola bar - snack: will be a grapefruit .. have not decided on lunch yet! All in all pretty good on the eats (just not the CABS) ..

Hello to all that follow!! My desk is still a nightmare .. so gotta get busy ... wish me luck .. LoL!!!! have a great day!!!:D

Hey all! Trying to post from my phone. Just got power here. Still no internet tho. Just wanted to say hi and let everyone know I'm still around, but out of commision for six weeks. Had MAJOR abdominal surgery (emergeny) two weeks ago. Long story....and face another surgery in 3-4 months to reconnect the intestines. Not fun, but doing ok and getting a little better every day. Will take all your healing vibes tho! Will fill y'all in as soon as i can. Take care everyone. ~Jen

Hey all! Trying to post from my phone. Just got power here. Still no internet tho. Just wanted to say hi and let everyone know I'm still around, but out of commision for six weeks. Had MAJOR abdominal surgery (emergeny) two weeks ago. Long story....and face another surgery in 3-4 months to reconnect the intestines. Not fun, but doing ok and getting a little better every day. Will take all your healing vibes tho! Will fill y'all in as soon as i can. Take care everyone. ~Jen

OH MY ...JEN!!!

Emergency healing vibes coming your way .. doesn't sound good!!!! Glad you checked in w/us .... abdominal surgery??? and another in 3 - 4 months ... bless your heart!!! Glad you are OK ... sounds like an obstruction or diverticulitus.. whatever it is.. just glad you are ok???? Do check in when you are feeling better .. guessing you are getting pounded w/the deep freeze too huh??

Sending healing prayers -positive vibes - and electricity restoration vibes too!! :) Hang in there and check in when you can so we know you are ok!!!

Good Afternoon Ladies.

Diana: Sorry you missed yesterday's work out and then ate badly on top of it. I hate when that happens. I feel for ya. Hopefully today is a better day. What cardio did you choose?

Laura: Sorry about the sound system issues at work...not good. I hope it gets resolved sooner rather then later. Men don't realize what they do as far as inviting people over when the house is a mess. DH has done that but only because in his eyes the house looks fine! :eek:

Jacque: I had no problem with the flax seed. I was aware I was crunching on it in my oatmeal and could taste a hint of a different flavor but nothing unappealing or alarming. :) Good job banging out half of your work out at least. I will do what I can and finish the rest later as well. Better then doing nothing ESPECIALLY if "later" doesn't happen. ;)

Jen: ((((HUGS)))) OMG girl I had no idea something was wrong! I thought you were just crazy busy at work! :eek: You must tell us what happened when you are feeling up to it (and have internet service back.). Hang in there! Feel better!

So my snack at work was dried apricots, craisins and grapes. My lunch was a turkey sandwich and a pria bar. Stay tuned for the rest once I've eaten it...LOL

Enjoying my rest day. I am hoping for a nap after DS gets home. I should have taken one earlier but I wasted too much time on the computer after lunch! :p

BBL!

Hey ladies,

This morning I did BM2 Cardio blast. It was a fun workout this morning.

One of my teammates scheduled a xmas team lunch at the last minute for today. I was strong and said I had errands to run. My errand is to hit the gym for legs & abs, she doesn't need to know that. I'm going to try more endurance leg work today. I'm thinking of only using about 65lbs for squats and lunges and doing 4 sets of 25. Justing writing it down makes it sound very long and boring but I'll give it a try. Weighted ab work is also on the agenda since I've been skipping that lately.

Eating today has been good so far. Normal breakfast, oatmeal for a snack. I brought a lean cuisine for lunch and an orange.

Jen-OMG, healing vibes coming your way. Please take care of yourself. Hopefully your electricity and internet will be back on soon.

Jacque-whenever you increase your fiber intake you also need to increase your water to help with the elimination process. I put whole flax seeds in my protein shakes. I also grind them up and put them in yogurt, cottage cheese, oatmeal etc.

Laura-Sorry about the speaker situation. I love the loud music in my fitness classes and that would be a real downer for me too. I think we are supposed to get up to 30 today but will be back in the single digits this weekend.

Wendy & Angie-okay, now that I've perused the aos site I have KB fever. I watched a couple of the youtube clips and now I want them. What a bunch of enablers you are:p Do I start with 1 15lb, and 1 20lb, or do I get 2 of each???? Why are they so expensive? I may wait until after xmas, hopefully I'll get some xmas money to spend on some new workouts. Not like I need any with STS coming soon.

bbl

just a quick reporting on the eats: grilled chicken wrap - and sprite // snack: about to consume a nice juicy sweet green apple! :)

I did manage to pick up some more stuff at Wally world at lunch .. and hopefully will have all I need to wrap what I have at home .. and get the old list out to figure out where I stand on the gift front!! :)

OK.. back to the paperwork stack!!

Hey Girls.

Well, I had Kashi Go Lean Cereal with ff milk for a snack this afternoon. YUMMY. But it went all down hill from there! :eek:

We went and did a bit of Christmas shopping right after DH got home from work and we were right by a 5 Guys burger joint. It's DH's new fave place sooooo....1 double cheeseburger and fries later :rolleyes:...but hey...I considered it a treat to myself. The last time we went there I didn't eat a thing AND I've been doing well with my eating as of late so I'm OKAY with it!:)

No snack and no wine for me tonight!:p

Gotta jet...have a great night ladies.

Back for a quickie before I finish with my evening "to do's". Thanks for the reminder Wendy - been so busy I forgot I didn't finish my workout this AM ! :eek:

Laura - OK ! So why on earth would you have 80' weather when it is only just over 40' here in CA? What have you been doing back there, huh? :p
Nice for you to have a break though. Bummer about your class last night and then DH topped if off, huh? TGFCABs ! They can sure brighten the evening quickly . . . ;)

Jen - you poor thing ! :( So so sorry for what you have gone through ! Hope things get better soon and that you heal quickly ! Adding to Laura's <<< healing and electricity >>> vibes ! And tossing in a few <<<HUGS>>> too ! :p Thanks for taking the time to let us know your situation - can't believe you typed it all on your phone - what a trooper ! Take it easy and hope you get babied for Xmas - you deserve it.

Diana - good job on passing on lunch and getting your leg workout in - way to set your mind to it ! And BM2 cardio blast is one of my favs - not until I am finished though ! :eek:

I am no KB'er by any means but did buy a 15lb er a couple of months ago. My guess would be you may want to start heavier since you definitely lift more than I do. Seems many who are pretty strong use a 20lb er. They are quite expensive, though there are occasionally posts on the OD that talk about sales and sometimes you can even have them shipped for cheaper than you can buy them at a local sporting goods store. Many have said they sometimes find used ones at the second hand sporting goods stores too.

I printed off a couple of the sales at AOS for DH to look at last night, but am sure he bypassed my Xmas wishes and went right to hunting for his Hot Wheels !:mad: He is the one who asked me the other night. And the page shows the sales ends at midnite ! Go figure. . .

Have a grand evening ladies. Not sure if I will be able to check in for the next couple of days while I'm on the road. Depends on whether my boss takes the laptop or whether I get it ? But I may be able to find a few minutes at our other sites to pop in for a few minutes.

Take care and stay warm (except you Laura - apparently you are already warm - you need to blow some of that warm weather back here where it belongs ! :p)

Hey Ladies,

I'm finally getting my Christmas cards ready to go. The majority will go out tomorrow and the rest will go out later this week or Sat at the latest.

I had fiber one cereal, protein powder, banana and almond milk, lunch was a lean cuisine and an orange, dinner was scrambled eggs/w ham. Actually DH cut up a ton of ham and cooked it with onion, peppers, cheese etc. I said I'd love to add some of that to some scrambled eggs. Well he threw in a few eggs and then crumbled crackers on it. I hate when he puts crackers in our food. He's notorious for crumbling up crackers and chips and putting in concoctions he's throws together for dinner. I can't really complain since I didn't have to make dinner.

My leg workout was pretty boring.
leg curls-1X16 at 75lbs, 3X12 @ 70lbs
Squats-1X25 at 45lbs, 3X25 @65lbs (boring-althoug my legs were shaking at the end.
Plie Squats-3X25 @65lbs
Lunges-4X12 @65lbs I couldn't bring myself to do 25reps.

I prefer heavier lifting for legs but need to give this a chance-at least until STS arrives.

The Dr. has scheduled the MRI for my feet for next monday. Fortunately my upper body will not be enclosed-I'm am terribly claustraphopic.

Jacque-thanks for KB info. I hadn't thought about checking used sports stores. We have several nearby so I may be on the phone after christmas.

Laura-I too need to do a quick review of what I have and what I need to get. Hopefully I can get DH to some shopping with me. He won't go on a weekend so it'll have to be one night this week.

Wendy-this is terribe, but double cheese burgers are my favorite fast food joy. I don't eat fast food as a rule, but a dbl cheeseburger is what I most enjoy.

Laundry is calling....

Hey girls

Here I am bringing up the tail again. Hope someone actually reads it.:confused:
I have given up on the eats.:eek: Well, maybe not completely, but have decided to not beat myself up until after the first of the year when I will get back on the wagon with a vengence. It's just too darned stressful at this time of year to be good ya know? I did KB4DS today so at least that was 73 minutes without eating anything. LOL!

I have to get my butt downstairs yet tonight to figure out what I still need to buy for Christmas. I mostly only have the boys to buy for, so that should be pretty easy....I hope! I still haven't even gotten cards out and am not even sure I will be doing them this year.:rolleyes: We'll see. I have a family X-mas this Saturday and I still need to get those gifts wrapped. And then there is the wrapping up of the books for 2008. I wish I could just enjoy Christmas without having to worry about the business. Ah well, such is life. It certainly could be worse.

Wendy - Yup, you need to make sure to increase your water if you are adding in more fiber. I've seen many a patient who took metameucil without adding in water to the diet and really plugged things up. Not good.:eek:
Don't worry bout the burger....there lots o' protein in there ya know.;)

Jacque - So are you on vacation after Friday? or just see some light at the end of the tunnel?
I too am hoping STS will be my savior. There's no way in heck I would ever consider cancelling my preorder!! They will pry STS from my dead hands. I sure do hope it lives up to the expectations I have for it....but knowing Cathe's workouts....it will.
Be safe on your road trip! Try to check in with us if you can....if not, we'll see ya soon.:)

Diana - Well girl, you are not alone with the bad eats. I'm making sure my workouts are good and I put some extra umph into them, but I can't seem to get a handle on the healthy food. Boo! Soon....very soon.....I will get back to it.;)
As far as the KB's....since I haven't used mine yet, I can't help you much. I ordered the 20# and will try it when I get the clinic DVD mailed to me. I ordered Newport as well and will probably order Providence and Empire State if they put those on sale again. I did not get Firepower b/c it uses 2 of the same size KB's and I'm not buying the KB's in pairs. My next one will likely be 25#, but I am just guessing. I may need to drop to a 15# for some exercises. I can't wait to find out!

Laura - You sound like I did on Tuesday. I spent ALL day cleaning.:confused: I also got all kinds of help from DH and the boys.....NOT!:p *lol* The house is OK now, but still got the holiday chores to get done as well.
80's??? Are you kidding me?? Holy crap.....I'm coming over for a visit!:p

Jen - Oh NO! It sure does sound like you've had a lot to deal with lately.....{understatement of the year}.:confused: I hope you are feeling well considering everything you've been thru. Hopefully you will be able to put your feet up over the kids' Christmas break. Big (((((((hugs)))))))) and more healing vibes comin' your way. Please try to keep us posted.

Gotta go and get the list finished so I know what I'm looking for tomorrow. My uncle wants to buy a Wii for his wife. I told him I would try to help him out. Well, guess what? There's no Wii's to be found anywhere.:confused: Geez - didn't I just go thru this last easter?? It looks like I may be scrounging for a Wii tomorrow....again. This should add to my Christmas cheer. *lol*

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.