Damage Control December....Going shopping on this Sunday??

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls.

I sure am going shopping today!:p

So last night after supper I had a 1/2 c of lite samoa ice cream (only 4.5 grams of fat per 1/2 c serving!) and then my 1/2 glass of wine. Sick DS wasn't hungry for dinner but later on requested popcorn. I was so happy he wanted to eat that I didn't care what it was!LOL Ofcourse he only wanted a tiny bit and I ended up eating the rest. :rolleyes: It was lite popcorn though so it was quite low in fat/cals. Could've been much worse....:)

Today's work out calls for GS push ups, LIC upper body sculpt x 2 and abs from kpc. Should be fun fun fun!:D

So DS' fever broke over night! YAY! I am keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way. He is still coughing though so I may not escape a pediatrician appt tmrw. The difference there is if there is no fever I will send him to school and take him to the doc in the afternoon. If he has a fever I'll keep him home and take him as soon as they can fit him in. Time will tell.

BBL!

I'm up I'm up......

I'm drinking coffee while DH showers before our shopping trip. I told him I ordered my own xmas gifts and he's not happy about it. It's not like he's ever logged on to the computer and ordered exactly what I wanted. I figure if we are spending the money anyway it should be spent on something I really want.

Not sure if I will be working out today or not. I haven't thought that far ahead.

Wendy-glad Joey's fever broke. I read an article that said putting vicks vapor rub on their feet and covering them with socks will help a cough. Sounds strange I know but it wouldn't hurt to try.

I'll bbl to see what everyone else is up to.

I've been up but not feeling well today.

Why oh why do I always have to have an issues after I have had a pretty productive workout week?

Got some shopping in yesterday - crowds are horrendous and the lines are even longer ! Have a little shopping I need to do, but think I may hit the stores at lunch break instead and cross my fingers there are fewer people in the stores then. Otherwise may brave it after work . . . Don't need much, just a few little things for a couple of people.

So after getting shopping done y'day I came home and needed an allergy pill along with some motrin. Had some cheese and crackers along with the pills. Just a tad bit later had a stomach ache but not bad. Went to the game and ate a chinese chicken salad and a some peanuts. Nothing greasy, etc., but could barely sit or walk I had such pains in my gut that centralized in my stomach ! Came home, downed some Pepto with a glass of milk and hit the bed with a heating pad. Fell asleep and felt OK this AM until I ate a half PB sandwich. Pains back but not as bad. W T H ! ! ! ? ? ?

So, workout - don't think so. I can handle the irritating pains but am now afraid to eat again. Hope it goes away. May try soup later, adding broth so it is mostly liquid. UGH.

I'll see what I can accomplish today - may add a few Xmas decos around the house and clean a bit. Will try to get some trim work done and paint a door or two. (Big plans, will see how far I get . . . :rolleyes:).

Wendy - good to hear Joey is doing better. Hope it disappears overnite. What is samoa ice cream? Your w/o sounds pretty grueling ! Hope it turns out as fun as you are predicting.

Diana - I am sooooo tempted to order my Xmas stuff too, but I told DH the $ I am spending on the household facelift will be good for me. But then after some new hockey gear showed up the other day (he ordered stuff for himself) . . . :eek: I think I'll order what I want next week or the first of Jan if I want to ! :p I so agree that spending should be useful and wanted - no extra these days to put it to something that is not of good use.

Woo Hoo - the Sharks won last night - was nice to see. Had to gloat a bit only because I was getting a bit worried.

Hey Angie, Laura, Dee Dee & Jen. Hope the weekend is going well for you.

Last edited:
Afternoon girls

Although, it still feels like morning.:p I'm still in my jammies and have done NOTHING productive today. In fact, I didn't even roll outta bed til 10:15.:eek: I have NO plans today except to get X-mas cards done. I think I may probably do a workout so that I can take tomorrow as a rest day instead of today.

The Christmas party last night was fun. I ate everything that wasn't nailed down I swear.:confused: But, at least dinner was healthy.

Wendy - So glad to hear that DS is hopefully on the mend. What a crappy time to be sick.:( Hopefully he will be good to go in time for Santa.
Your rotation looks good! I will likely join you after I can open them up on Christmas. I'll have to sub in the EXT with Sean though. That rotation should kick my bum but good.;)
Who you callin' a smart alec??;):p
So, how'd the shopping go today? Is santa done?
I hear you on the STS comments. I rarely post on the OF anymore either b/c of the backlash. IA that it's really hard to learn anything without considering where others are coming from. I mean, I understand the frustration, but it was pretty darned clear that this project was going to take a LONG time to complete. *shrugs shoulders* I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.....and if SNM said it wouldn't be out until this summer (gasp!) I would still not waiver in my preorder!

Diana - You know, I've been thinkin' about those workout mats. I haven't taken the plunge on those yet, but I really should. I have carpet and pad to exercise on, but a cement floor under that. I'm sure my joints would enjoy the big mats.
HEY!:mad: What's with the hatred for the Redwings????:eek::p
I'll bet you'll enjoy DH's sticker shock. Men!:rolleyes:

Jacque - Hey girl - good to have you back.:)
Mmmmmm - Cheesecake factory? I've never been there but it sounds like a place I would love to go to.:D
So now the Sharks and Redwings are tied? I'm still counting down until Febuary when the Daytona 500 starts. I'm ready for some Boogity - Boogity - Boogity!!
So were the stores crazy busy yesterday?
ETA: We were posting at the same time. So sorry you are feeling yucky again. WTH? I hope the soup settles the belly for you. Take it easy today. Maybe you just need some rest from the long work week.
Glad to hear the Sharks are turning it back around for you. When does the hockey season end? Is it in Feb or March?

OK - it's almost 2 and I have not done anything. I really gotta do SOMETHING. LOL!

Have a great Sunday:)

Angie

Last edited:
Hi Girls.

Well I managed to bang out most of my shopping this morning. I have a couple minor stops to make tmrw and then I'll be DONE...minus DH. :confused:

DS was good all morning and into the afternoon but as of 3pm his temp seems to be on the rise again. :( I will take it again and if it is indeed going back up then he will be staying home from school tmrw for sure.

Hi ho hi ho it's off to the doctor we go....

I haven't worked out yet. Just not in the mood but I will get there. :) I was actually considering blowing off the final week of this rotation in favor of starting the bell rotation early but dagnamit I want to finish it so I can say I did 3 rotation in a row!!!!:p I guess I'll just have to suffer thru...;)

So tmrw's plan is a run but if DS is home sick that can't happen unless I can manage to eek it out before DH goes bowling in the evening. I may end up doing an alternate cardio...we'll see.

Breakfast: Oatmeal made with ff milk, 1/2 sc protein pwdr and tspn of flax.
Lunch: My normal turkey sandwich, pria bar.
Snack: Lf cottage cheese and handful of black seedless grapes.

Diana: MEN! They are never happy. :confused: So did you work out today?

Jacque: Sorry about your stomach issue. Funny thing is I was having what felt like really bad gas pains earlier today myself.

Ang: I don't get the people who gripe about pre-orders. If ya don't like it, don't pre-order or if you have and aren't happy with the wait then cancel!!!! Pre-orders are a trade off. You get a severely discounted price on the product for ordering it sight unseen, for paying up front AND for agreeing to wait it out...PATIENTLY! What don't people get!?!? :rolleyes: Get those Christmas cards written out yet?

Hey Ladies,

DH and I had a pretty successful trip this morning. I also got my haircut and stopped and picked up a few more things. The stores were crazy busy and the parking lots were down right scary. I don't plan on going out again today! Any last minute items can wait until tomorrow.

I have plenty of wrapping to keep me busy. No workout so far but that could change. I actually did GS Back & Biceps last night after dinner, but only once through.

Oh yeah, I picked up a 20# KB this morning and told DH to wrap it and put it under the tree. They only had one 20# but I figure that's good enough to start with.

Jacque-sorry you aren't feeling up to par today. I hope it passes quickly.

Wendy-hope Joey feels better soon. He can't be sick for Christmas.

Angie-Isn't the carpet worn where you do your cardio. I have indoor/outdoor carpent over cement (no padding) which is why after years of exercising on that I got the puzzle mats. I often wonder if that contributed to my feet problems.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend.

Diana

Hello Ladies

Poochy spent ALL day yesterday shopping ... and managed to get EVERYTHING!! WOOOHOOOO:D Today I got up .. got breakfast .. and went over to SIL house and we tackled Butts and Guts ..NOTE TO SELF: will not be able to move tommorrow! ..:confused:.. after that came home and have been wrapping gifts all afternoon .. just finished .. now on to house work .. ugh!

ONLY 2 WORK DAYS next week .. double WOOOOOOOHOOOOOHOOOOO:D:D:D:D

Meeting friends at lunch to exchangegifts .. then going over to another friends house after work to exchange and party a bit .. the eats will NOT be good!!! :eek:

Di .. doncha hate wrapping it take 4-ever!!!:confused:

Wendy ... glad Joey is better ..but sounds like a Dr visit is inevitable

Ang .. sleeping in after 10 .. must be nice .. my inner alarm clock wakes me up .. ugh .. if not my big babies will .. LOL

Jacque .. hope you get to feeling better ... gotta be well by Christmas .. sending healing vibes your way!!!

OK . gotta to force the cleanmax .. then cooking Asian stir fry .. MM MMMMM

have a great one .. will be back tommorrow and hoping to find everyone well!!:D

Evening Chic-A-Dees.

Well I FINALLY got off my lazy duff and worked out AFTER dinner! I did the LIC u/b sculpt premix x2. I skipped GS push ups and it's a good thing cause I would NOT have been able to do ALL of that! There are lots of push ups in the premix too! :eek::eek::eek: I also didn't do the ab work to save time but I can always tack ab work on to any work out so I'm not worried. :)

Let me tell you I was THIS close (holds pointer finger and thumb REALLY close together) to blowin' off my work out completely today! :eek: I was about to get dressed and go do it this afternoon when DS asked me to lay down with him. He was laying in our bed watching tv cause he had started to feel crummy again. Well, once I did that, all energy and motivation to work out (which is minimal to begin with) was completely lost! I had to force it after dinner but once I got into it I was fine and I'm glad I did it. :)

Dinner was tuna fish cakes (kinda like meatballs but made from tuna) and broccoli. After my work out I ate an apple for a snack. Right now I am drinkin' half a glass of white merlot. YUMMY!

So DS' fever is gone again but he's still got a pretty nasty cough so I am going to keep him home from school tmrw and get the earliest doc appt I can for him.

That being said, I don't know what's gonna happen for my work out tmrw. I don't think a run is in the cards unless I did a short one when DH gets home from work. I may just go for an IMAX or LowMax instead.

Guess that's all for now. I'll catch up with personals in the A.M.

G'night girls!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.