DAMAGE CONTROL - bummer Monday

Sunshine1528

Cathlete
OK - this is a bit scary that I am here first ! ! ! :eek:

Good Morning Chickies !

Up late (woo hoo I slept well !) so only got half my B & B workouts in, PS back and BM2 back are finished. Never did the HIIT :eek: yesterday so am planning in catching up and doing biceps and 1/2 hour TM HIIT when I get home.

Eats turned out great with one glass of red wine !

Hey Girls.

Feel like I haven't been around in weeks and it's only been about a day and a half. LOL

The party was lots of fun but Sunday morning brought bad news. Our heat went out overnight saturday. The house was quite cold so DH didn't want me and DS to come home until it was fixed. It was supposed to be a quick job that would take about an hour but instead it took him most of the day. :(

I ended up going and hanging at my mom's with DS all day. It just wasn't my plan and I was bored and cranky all day. I wanted to work out and couldn't. I was just waiting for DH to call and tell me that we could come home. Well that didn't happen until after 6pm and my mom was cooking dinner so we just stayed to eat. By the time we got home it was after 8pm. I was exhausted and cranky and mad at the world...

Then this morning after a decent night's sleep and waking up in a decent mood, I wasted my morning on line with a tech from Symantec because I ran into trouble when I tried to re-up my virus program subscription. It ate up all of my work out time and computer time. Work was a horror show because everyone was off for the holiday so the daycare was packed at the gym. On the bright side, DH was home today so I had him come pick DS up from the gym about an hour into my shift so that I didn't have to worry about him misbehaving and sending me into a tailspin.

All that said, after working out this afternoon I am FINALLY feeling normal again. :) Sorry for being so whiney but I needed to vent.

Okay, rant over!:p

Today's work out was Bodystrikes and Slow Mo Chest, Bi, Tri. I did 2 sets of every exercise (instead of 3) and went heavy for Slo Mo and skipped push ups-didnt' need 'em..trust me! :eek: Then I did 100 bicycle crunches to finish myself off. Great work out.:D I've decided that there is no need for a weighted vest when doing BS. It does the job all on it's own. ;)

Now I'm considering hitting the gym tonight for a 3 mile run. It may sound like alot to do in one day but missing my work out y'day really put a monkey wrench in my schedule for the week. I have to fit in 4 days of running and that can be hard to do especially with the way I have my weight work outs planned....

Okay, gotta get some dinner going...I'll pop back in later to see what's goin' on!

Ciao!

Hello Ladies ..

have been busy .. off today .. WOOOO HOOOOOO ... DH starts another vacation week this week .. so it was nice to have the day together .. and now looking forward to the night;) ..

SIL and I did Cathe High Step challenge .. OH MY forgot how hard it was .. skipped on thenpushups .. but it was a good sweaty muscle burning w/o .. yesterday had company .. and a large head from a party Sat .night .. so spent the day cleaning and cooking .... not to mention my legs were FRIED from Sat. w/o w/SIL .. did Cathe .. Imax Extreme .. ok .. 1 1/2 hours .. killer w/o .. burnt plenty of calories .. but was surprised what a number it did on my legs especially my calves .. OUCHIE .. they are STILL hurting from SAT w/o ...

Wendy sorry for the heat problems and the ILL mood .. cant say that I blame ya .. dang you are still bone chilling cold there huh?? We warmed to the 50s today .. my outside dogs had to sleep in Sat. night .. got down to 17 .. OK .. they LOVED it .. slept in the pool room .. and of course the mutts know how to use the doggie door .. something my pure breds think is BELOW them .. LOL ... but they loved it!!!

Jacque .. good going on the eats .. OOHHHH .. I dare not say about mine .. I have been a bad bad bad girl .. w/the eats and CABS .. but gotta get my head straight and back into the game!! at least I have been doing some killer w/o except yesterday .. totally vegged out .. :eek:

OK .. better run .. about to cook DH and myself some stuffed bell peppers .. gonna be OH SO GOOD ..:eek:

will try to check back later to see what everyone else is up to!!:D

Hi ladies,

It's been a busy day for all of us. I had to get Jerod up early to head up tubing today. I was on the computer for way to long this morning but eeked out Burn Circuit 3. Yesterday ended up being a non scheduled rest day and now my rotation is out of whack again. Oh well, what else in new!

The temps here are great, low to mid 60's through Wednesday. My intention was to go for a short run at lunch but I just didn't have the energy. I did get out and go for a 2 mile walk and it was beautiful.

Jacque-good job with the clean eating. I just purchased Cathe's nutrition program for a year. I'm trying to figure out how to add the CLX workouts in my workout manager so I can also log all my workouts and eating in one place.

Wendy-sorry the heat went out. These things always seem to happen at worst time. I definitely know how missing a workout can dampen the spirits. It sounds like you have a plan to get it back on track though.:)

Laura-my DH is off today too. My next holiday isn't until Memorial Day! I'm missing the cathe workouts, Imax Extreme is a fun one isn't it. That's the problem with following these long rotations, you seem to do the same w/o's over and over again. Thankfully I start the phase of the CLX rotation next week.

Hi Angie, Jen, Shirl and Dee Dee!

bbl

Jacque: I drank wine all night at the party on saturday night. It wasn't my original plan but it was just too good. I think I had about 5 glasses but took a break half way through to have water and then coffee and also weakened to 2 glasses by making spritzers out of them using sprite. YUMMY! :) I will likely have a glass of Noir tonight at some point too.

Diana: Unscheduled rest days...GRRR... I hate 'em! That's alot of the reason why I was soooo cranky y'day! I've learned to take them in stride much more so then I ever used to but every once in a while it still will really burn me up when it happens! :mad:

Laura: Glad you got to spend the day with DH. Enjoy your evening. ;) LOL Killer work outs girl! What else is new though. I think I'd pass out if I did the work outs you did for a week straight! :eek:

Today's eats....

B: Banana & fiber one cereal w/fat free milk
S: Apple and Nutri grain bar
L: 1 can tuna with lite mayo to make 2 sandwiches on light ww bread (slices are very small) + handful almonds
S: Protein shake: FF milk/1 scoop powder
D: Salad and Lean Cuisine fish and rice meal

Last edited:
Okay now I can add a glass of Pinot Noir and a bowl of low fat cottage cheese, raspberries and blueberries to the eats for the day. :D

Back to post I finished my bicep workouts (PS and BM2), but had to stay an extra hour so am putting off my cardio from Sun yet again ! I am thinking Wed evening may be the time to get that one in as I will have a bad day at work ! Tomorrow is out - another Sharks game - Diana we are supposed to see Claude Lemieux play for the first time as a Shark ! :D

Wendy - such a bummer about the unintended rest day. I have to say you have done very well when they came up for a long time, but now that you are in training mode it really makes a difference. Go ahead and vent (you are not whining) since we all have things we have to deal with that are out of our control. We are here to let you GET IT ALL OUT ! ! ! :p Well you did good by adding in some water and sprite on Sat nite. What is that, about an entire bottle ! LOL ! But I am sure it was over the course of many hours so, oh well. Your hard training will take care of it in no time and your eats have been stellar too so no harm done, right? ;)

Laura - I am sure you are enjoying yourself as I type ! :rolleyes: ;)
Good to hear you had a fun weekend sans the "large head" from Sat nite ! :p So what is IMax extreme? Is it a premix in IM3? I want some DOMS in the leggies too ! :p Yum on the peppers - I have a bag of reds in the fridge right now and was thinking the same thought. A little ground turkey with onions, garilic, tomoatos, yep - good lunch food !

Diana - I am with ya on spending too much time where I haven't intended lately, but oh well, the end of the year was so busy that I need a little veg time - and you checked of lots of to do's lately ! You deserve some "play" time too ! As we say to each other at work "you can take the rest of the day off. Just tell your boss I said so". ;) The nutrition program is a nice one - if I could stay organized enough I'd love to see where my vitamins and minerals stand so I could take fewer supplements. (Not that I am sure they are helping anyway ?). They were supposed to update the Workout manager to make it easier for STS recently so hopefully it works out for you. Good to hear you get to switch up the program soon - I have not done well this last year doing repetitive types of workouts. I was going to do Cathe's Jan rotation but it was GS and I have done it so much I wanted to do something different. FF busts the old tush she does so I am glad I made that choice. Hoping to see some results by the end of the rotation.

Off to make sure DH has finally started on dinner. Am reading a book on Metabolism by John Bernardi - some good ideas (not alot new but just reminders). Thinking I may review the meal plan he has listed to see if I can combine it with my eating habits/times/DH. I need to buckle down (and the MGD I am downing right now doesn't quite fit, now does it? :confused:). At least it is quite low in cals and alcohol. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it !

BB in the AM ! Enjoy the evening ladies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.