Damage Control August :)

rmrmr

Cathlete
Hi Ladies,

I did an 1 mile open water swim, 4 quarter miles with a 1-2 minute rest between each one.

The plan was a 15 mile bike ride, but my front tire was flat and my valve stem was broken. My bike is in the shop and will be ready for me on Tuesday.

I signed up for a 6 week weight loss challenge and a nearby gym. Today I meet with a trainer to get my beginning stats and he will be giving me a nutrition program to follow. Then I'm staying for their 10am class, not sure what it is though. This challenge focus is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise.

bbl to tell you about my meeting and what this challenge entails.

Thanks for starting a new thread Diana! :) Today was a 60 mile ride and a 10 minute ab workout. Yesterday was a misty weather ride of 30 miles and MM upper body & abs. Friday was a mountain hike with my next door neighbor. This will be my last week of Meso 2, I'm looking forward to a week off from lifting.

Diana, bummer about your bike. Maybe it's time for a second back-up bike. ;) Great job on your swim, I don't think I could complete a full lap. :(

No baby to report yet. We are having a family dinner together tonight. Maybe we should take her for a bumpy car ride. :D

Yesterday's rest was nice but I'm back in it today with my usual warm up, 10 get ups and 2 rounds of this::

•20 Kettlebell Swings
•12 1-Leg Elevated Lunge Right
•20 Kettlebell Swings
•12 1-Leg Elevated Lunge Left...
•20 Kettlebell Swings
•10 Side Lunges Right
•20 Kettlebell Swings
•10 Side Lunges Left
•20 Kettlebell Swings
•15 KB Squats
•20 Kettlebell Swings
•15 KB Deadlifts ...

Which is my tweaked version of this Z-Gym Butt Lift Rotation work out::

Lifted Butt Series Workout #4: Breakdown: 1 Round
•20 Kettlebell Swings
•12 1-Leg Elevated Lunge (each leg)
•20 Kettlebell Swings
•10 Curtsy Lunges w/ side step-ups (each)
•20 Kettlebell Swings
•15 Squat / Deadlift Combo

Good morning Ladies. :) Today was M2D22 and AT. I'm just grabbing a quick breakfast, sitting in my drenched workout clothes. My exercise area will need a good mopping. Love that workout! Off to shower, I'm offending myself. :)

HI all-

Quick update before I pick some cucumbers and have a workout before lunch!

Friday-LIS Cardio Supersets premix 1-4 26 min
Saturday-X10 Cardio Blast 25? min
Yesterday-Barre section of XTrain Legs 20min

I guess my workouts have been kind of light. I should pick it up since B had bday cake which means I did too. :( 3 days in a row! I'm only up 1 pound tho, thankfully. I'm not sure how to organize my workout week. I took a peek at the August Rotation, and I'm just not motivated by the old workouts anymore. I could keep with my alternating of HiiT and heavy wts. But I'm in the mood for Party Rockin' Step so I may just do one of those today. But I'm feeling tired and like procrastinating! Or I may do a 30 min HiiT daily followed by a burn set on a specific body part. I just don't know! I just need to do it!!

Three weeks until school starts, my Dining room is still a wreck. The middle week is our "Staycation" unless we can find something economical. This week only had a couple of kid dr's appts and 3 baseball practices. So I will be cleaning the house, organizing school stuff and planning for the stay cation. And find time to get basic school supplies. I'm starting to feel under the gun!

Wendy/Fit_mommy?- hoping I have the correct name! That's exactly how I feel about rotations! I did 90 day XTrain undulating and I will NEVER do it again. I guess I don't like to feel "tied down" to a rotation. Your workouts never seem to amaze me. So there is no DVD for you to watch? I'm guessing you must have music on. I don't know if I could do all that w/o someone there telling me what to do!!

rmrmr- your bike rides put me to shame!!

50 minute walk/run at the gym this morning in between clients....DONE!:)

LL:: Z-Gym has follow along videos on the PC but I usually watch them just to see how the moves are done and then do the workout on my own since they are so short. Nope-no music. Only time I care about having music playing is when I am running. I know - I am weird. :p Nice work outs! Wow, can't believe your kids start school again in 3 weeks! My son starts right after Labor Day.

Hi Ladies,

Well the 6 week challenge should help me get my weight loss going again. I met with the trainer and he took my before stats. He was happy with my muscle mass although there is definitely room for improvement. My bodyfat % is high, as always. The nutrition guidelines for me tracking in MFP is 112 grams of protein and 1400-1500 calories per day. The other factors will fall into place if I follow those recommendations. It's more of a 40/40/20 program which I've always had good luck with. I'm not sure I want to track in MFP and WW, too much tracking for me.

The class I stayed for was really good, similar to bodyrock or zwow circuits. After a thorough warmup, we did 4 rounds of 5 exercises 40sec work /10sec rest , and then did another grouping of 5 exercixes, and then another grouping of 5 exercises, finally a cool down and stretch. It was nice to be moving the whole class!

Tina-I'm seriously considering a new bike so that I will have a spare for when these issues come up. You've gotten some nice rides in lady! My backside is slipping if you know what I mean, serious leg & glute training is needed. Looking forward to hearing about the new little bundle of joy.

Wendy-how long are the Zwow butt lift w/o's? I need to work on that area for sure! I'm thinking the class I took on Sunday was similar to the ones that you teach. Although we did have an instructor who did the w/o with us and showed modifications etc.

LL-Wow, it seems like school just got out. Sometimes it's just easier to do what you feel like instead of following a rotation. With your hectic schedule it's probably easier too. It is nice to not have to think about what to do, just throw in the disc the rotation calls for. In your situation it's just not feasible. Do what you have time and call it good. You are doing great! That's Fembot (Tina) with the long bike rides, she puts me to shame! The Zwow's are on her channel, you can follow along with them on the computer.

bbl

rmrmr- sorry I messed up the names!

Fit_mommy- Maybe I'll try Z WOW for a week. :) I can't seem to commit to anything longer!

Procrastinated, but ended up doing Hiit Pyramid. I wonder why about 10-15 min into these HiiT workouts I feel like I can't go on. But then Cathe says something that motivates me to go on!!

Hiya ladies !

Boy have the last few days flown by. So didn't get home until after midnight when getting my hair done - good friend did it - no workout since I was up regular time and needed to get out of the house early. Not back until 8 PM with chores to do. All that means no workout for me on Thurs. Friday was GS Legs. Sat went to GS's BDay, again no workout and Sun was gardening from 12PM - 6PM (that was my workout! :p). Tonight I did Flex Train.

Diana - good job with the swimming and biking. Bummer about your bike! Sounds like you are getting used to early morning w/o's also. Is the challenge 40 protein/40 carbs/20 fat? I tracked my calories for a bit recently and hit about 1500 - 1600 or 1700 and that worked for me with my 30-45 min workouts. Not doing quite so well this past week :eek: and heading out of town for 5 days so will need to behave! :p

Laura - Good to hear you are getting back into a routine but unfortunate it still means "asylum" at work. Good news on prelim tests for DH. <crossing fingers> the remainder come out well and he can figure out ways to manage his stress. Too bad fishing season doesn't last longer ! RT is Daytona, Columbus day weekend in Oct 10-12 but Diana and I are flying in on the 9th since it is a long flight with time change involved. Keep up the workouts you are able to fit in and keep up with . . . you will get there eventually.

Tina - I am amazed at you stamina with both bike rides and additional workouts. I have such a hard time getting everything done and only wish I could find more time in my schedule. I remember the days when I didn't commute and could workout longer and more intensely. So is this a grandchild that you are patiently waiting for?

LL - Sounds like you are getting ready for school in a methodical way . . . you will get there ! My GS's both started last week - they have a blend of standard and year round from what I understand. Quite a few breaks here and there and not a long summer. Better IMO. If you don't like going by a rotation, one thing I did when I didn't want to have it set in "stone" was figure a basic routine and then choose the workout that fit. So MWF would be weights CSB/BiTri/LegAbs and then the other days cardio mix Kickbox/HiiT/step or run, etc. It helped to have a guideline but then also to be able to check my list of w/o's and "choose" one that interested me.

Wendy - thanks for posting the workouts . . . I need to copy them for the future as they sound grueling and fun at the same time! I love a good sweat and more so they will definitely kick some behind on the DOMS afterward. Hair came out nice - may change my FB pic for you to see . . . standard highlights she usually does (though it has been a WHOLE YEAR !:eek:) but I also asked for her to take some off since it was getting pretty long and heavy. It is now just below my shoulders and fun ! Feels much better and looks healthier too. All good IMO.

Well, hoping DH has dinner ready soon ! I was too tired to w/o this AM but need to tomorrow as we need to get ready for a work RT. Sales meeting for a couple days then stopping a couple "beach" places on the way back home. S/B fun and relaxing.

Toodles !

Sunshine, I like your template rotation! I will be doing wts tomorrow. I'm just not sure what yet. I'm going to see if there is a premix to do pub and PLB. But that might be really long. I feel like I need to do more legs and abs. So maybe butt and guts tomorrow, all burn sets or PUB on Thursday and Saturday another legs one. I've never done turbo barre all. Not all the way thru just premixes.

Oh! Almost forgot to mention that I won my last fit challenge.! She is giving me either: Les Mills Combat OR Hip Hop Abs AND Slim in 6. I may have mentioned it before I forget. But I'm really not interested in either. But I'm wondering if she is spending $60 on it (since she said $60 value) or if she is getting them at a discount or owns them and is trying to get ride of them. . Because if she is paying $60 for thet, I'd ask here is she'd be willing to put that cash towards PiYo and I'll pay the difference. Any BB coaches out there know?

Good Morning.

I did a 50 minute pyramid style walk/run at the gym yesterday morning in between clients. Good stuff. Today will be another Butt Lift work out and hopefully some cardio as well.

LL:: BB Coaches do not pay retail value for BB products. IDK what she paid but it wasn't full price. HTH. :)

Jacque:: This Z Butt Lift Rotation I am doing has been very successful in the DOMS inducing area as well as the sweat producing area so you are guaranteed to love it! :D I hear ya on waiting too long between highlites/coloring of the hair. My hair is beyond overdue but I am waiting until I am right on top of vacation to get it done. I don't want any roots while I'm away. :rolleyes:

Di:: The Z Gym Butt Lifts are averaging 15 minutes for HER. For me they are averaging 30. :p I participate in the classes I teach...or at least part of them....when I can/want to. It's always changing. It depends on a few things...Lately I haven't been participating as much since my personal work outs are kicking my azz - don't want to overtrain - and since I do everything drill/circuit style (do one move at a time and then move on to the next) I don't have to worry. :)

Tina:: Tell your sister to "make whoopee". That seemed to do the trick for me!;) At the time we assumed that it was just a coincidence but when we got to the hospital the nurse told us that it seriously can induce labor! Not kidding!!!!:D

Last edited:
This morning's work out was this....

Lifted Butt Series Workout # 5: Breakdown
•20 Side Jump Lunges
•12 Back Lunge 1/2 Pistol
•20 Sumo Squat Jump Leg Lift (each side)
•20 Hip Thrust Sit-ups...
•20 Kneeling Leg Lifts
(2 rounds)
followed by this....
Zshred # 5: 12 minute online workout:
•50 seconds of Jump rope (high knees) ◦10 seconds of rest
•50 seconds of Jump-Lunch Kick-Ups ◦10 seconds of rest
•50 seconds of Jump Rope (high knees) ◦10 seconds of rest
•50 seconds of Mountain Climbers ◦10 seconds of rest
•50 seconds of Pistol Squats (alternate each leg) ◦10 seconds of rest
•50 seconds of Sumo-Squat, Side-Kicks (alternate each leg) ◦10 seconds of rest
•50 seconds of 3 Jump Lunges + Dynamic Push-Up (legs spread apart) ◦10 seconds of rest
•50 seconds of Prisoner Get-Ups
DONE!

Yesterday was PRS#2. I wanted something light because I was planning an evening bike ride, but a storm rolled in right before I was going to ride. The roads are still wet this morning, so it looks like I won't get any miles in until Thursday. This morning is STS legs and abs.

My sister is still in labor limbo. She's a personal trainer and teeny-tiny. From the back, you wouldn't even know she's preggers. From the front, it looks like she shoved a giant beach ball under her shirt. I loved being pregnant, but wouldn't ever, ever, ever do it again. I can't wait for the delivery portion to be over for her.

LL, congratulations on winning your challenge! That's fantastic! I'm getting excited to get homeschooling started again. We'll start right after Labor Day. I'm going to have him try a few online classes through our local school district. They have a fitness and nutrition class that looks interesting.

Diana, that sounds like a lot of protein. How will you get it all in? Do you use protein powder? I only use it in the summer, but I still don't manage to get 112 grams in. Sounds like a boat load of chicken (gag) breast will be on your menu. How is the job going now?

I don't think I shared with this group, my horrible hair situation. I was diagnosed with alopecia (female hair loss) the beginning of this year. My doc put me on an oral medication and the male version of Rogaine. The oral med has too many side effects, so I went off that after a few weeks, but the Rogaine is working. The only downside is, I've now have a halo of curly four inch hairs that stick straight up and (wait for it) I still can't highlight my hair, so the gray is really filling in. I'm so envious of all the highlighting talk. :(

I'll let you know when baby Thunder arrives. Off to get my workout on. :D

Hi Ladies,
Yesterday was a BR w/o and this morning was AOLIH. My plan is to work out tomorrow, rest on Friday, Swim on Saturday, TRI on Sunday! I get to pick up my bike tonight too!
I’m struggling with finding time to fit in HM marathon training. Using mapmyrun I found a 3 mile route I could run during my lunch hour at work. I just need to make sure I have my bag packed each day. As it is, I’m spending over an hour preparing my lunches, eating dinner, doing laundry etc. My new commute is taking anywhere from 2 1/2 to over 3 hours per day of what used to be free time.
My weight loss coach/trainer contacted me today to see how I’m doing! They have a Tabata class every Tuesday and then an education seminar following. I’m going to try to make that next week and see what I think.
LL-School already, seems like summer just started! You are rocking the BB challenges!!! :p:D:);) I think Jacque’s suggestion may work well for you.
Tina-glad the hair treatment is working for you. I think I mentioned to you that one of my girlfriends also has alopecia. I’ve never known her with hair. She wears scarves all the time, more for the benefit of others. Sorry about the rain ruining your ride plans. Actually, I haven’t had any problem getting in the protein. I do have a protein shake for breakfast, lunch is a salad with either tuna/salmon/chicken, and dinner is protein and a steamed veggie. Looking forward to hearing about Baby Thunder’s arrival
Wendy-you are doing some awesome w/o’s! Thanks for posting the Zgym. That may be my next focus after the Tri. My lower body needs heavy weights to lift the booty back where it belongs. I can’t really do that at home so Zuzka’s program may be the next best thing!
Laura-How are you and DH doing?
bbl

WED

sorry I have MIA again .. been a HORRIBLE week .. one of my best friends mother killed herself .. my friend works with me and got the news at work .. OMG .. it is just so sad .. so tragic .. so heart breaking .. she wasnt but about 58 years old too .. sickening to me ... of course no one knows why .. probalby will never .. she was healthy .. IDK .. guess we never know what is going on in someone's head!! SOOOOO SAD ... my friend is of course DEVESTATED ... and my heart breaks for her. The funeral is today after work .. I went over to see her last night .. PITTIFUL ... heart breaking .. and there is nothing .. no words .. nothing you can do .. :(:(:(

The weekend - I managed to get in Pi-yo intervals - it was fun workout - Sunday I spent cleaning out the laundry room .. MY GOODNESSS what we accumulate .. I wanted to get my closet done too .. but ran into too much in that one room .. geesh!!!

Mon - i had my re-check from surgery - it came out fine - he said I could start back exercising .. :confused::confused::confused: ummmmmmm ... ok .. well .. I have already .. although not on the level I was .. I did fit in short workout at lunch ystdy - and today .. but have had to spend time w/my friend .. and funeral is tonight :(

Di - good workouts - 40/40/20 is a good plan .. that is what I would reccommend!!

Wendy - GREAT workouts .. i need to write down all your post so that I can try them!!

Jacque - I know you and DI are gonna have a blast at the road trip .. maybe one day I can make one of them and see you ladies!

LL - I love COMBAT and I ADORE Pi-yo!!! two totally different workouts for sure .. LOL ...

Tina - let us know about the new arrival!!

well - I have managed to eat really good for the last week and have gained some weight back - in fact at a place i would like to STAY as long as tummy behaves .. lol ..

OK .. i have rambled for too long .. have a great one!

Hi all-

Quick update as I'm planning and packing for Maine! Just decided yesterday, college roommate of Hubby's offered us his place on a lake for a week. Sooooo, I need to figure out what workout stuff I'm going to take! I have Travel Fit, but I find it to be low impact/low intensity/with some toning. I did AOLIH the premix for 22 min floor only and I think I could bring 5# wts and 3s if I take a wo that needs them. So ideas? or maybe I should try to do Zwow while I'm gone and just bring a few wts that I need for those?

Wed:: TM Pyramid Hill Run...Up Up Up...Down Down Down...Wash Rinse Repeat...35 mins including 3 min warm up and 5 min cool down. Pain in the ass!

Thurs:: Rest day. I had a job interview!

Yesterday::
10 toe touch squats, 10 Indian Club Back Scratchers, 10 T Squats...x 2 rounds
4 alternating TGU's, 10 Renegade Rows Right, Floor Bridge with 10 Single Arm Pull Overs R, 10 Ren Row Left, 10 Flr Brdg w/ Single Arm P/O's L...x 2 rounds
5R/5L KB Overhead Squats, 10 Perfect Push Ups, 10 DB Rows Right, 10 Goblet Squats, 10 DB Rows Left...x 3 rounds...
8@10/20 of alternating jump squats and burpees
8@10/20 of KB swings and crawls

Today's Plan:: Hoping for a run before or after work at the gym this afternoon.

My post from Thursday is missing, and I'm sure it's because I forgot to his "submit reply". Yesterday was the last disc in Meso 2. I finished it off with Cross Fire, love the ab portion on that workout. Today was a 60 mile ride and we managed to beat our best speed on this loop. DH is on vacation this week, so we plan on biking almost everyday.

Still no baby to report. Super moon tomorrow, so it should be soon. :)

LL, what part of Maine are you going to? We live a few miles from Kittery, Maine. Have you been there before? Don't worry about getting your workouts in, just relax and enjoy. :)

BBL. Have a great weekend. :)

Fembot- we are going to Gray on little Sabago Lake. We are passing Boston now. Driving thru New York City was brutal!! 90 min at the George Washington bridge.

Yesterday I did TTM a partial premix of steady step and low impact tabata. I was just too tired and felt I had much to do yesterday to do the leg conditioning and core.

I brought hiit, LIS, XTrain, TTM, CF Travel Fit and X10. :) but I only brought my step, discs, bands, loops, boxing gloves, wt gloves and 5# wts. Boy I guess I did brig a lot! Hubby said he wished we could go in vacation without me bringing a gym! Oops! He said I better use all of it. That's when I put back the 3s and 8s!! Oh and my mat. :)

But my lower back is killing me. I did go to the chiropractor yesterday. The car ride isn't helping... I'm trying to stretch at every stop. When we go to the beach I rode my bike every day whole length of ocean city, NJ or Stone Harbor/Avalon, NJ. I have no idea what is there. I've only been to Maine once summer of 2005 and only two kids and my best friend was there, we stayed at her moms place in south Bristol. I hope to eat a lot of lobster and do some hiking, lounging and reading! I'm reading the fourth book os Mortal Instruments!

Fit mommy - I suggested some burpees and jumping jacks at the first stop and JTrain (13) said no way! He's on vacation!

Hi to all that follow!

Today was a 40 mile bike ride and abs. Tomorrow DH wants to try out my short loop and try to break my top speed. We'll follow it up with MM upper body premix.

The super moon worked, my sister's baby was born this evening and he's super adorable! :eek:

LL, I hope you're enjoying vacation. Thank goodness the weather is pretty near perfect! :)

Diana, how was the tri? I hope it went well. Is this the last one for this year?

Wendy, how did the job interview go? What are you applying for?

Laura, I'm sorry to hear about your friend's loss. I hope you're able to comfort her. :(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.