Damage Control ~ Thirsty Thurday :) June 4th

irishrose

Cathlete
Good Morning, Ladies!!

Sneakin' in before the day gets away from me. Sorry to be AWOL yesterday, Jacque and Wendy :confused: but the office was busy, and then it was curriculum night at DD's school last night. By the time I sat down after dinner I nearly passed out.

Wendy: Yay for the pedometer! Yes, 591 steps in 45 minutes is excellent! I'm averaging 10k a day generally, a little less on a day I don't work out. Ugh, you hit the nail on the head about how we can gain pounds seemingly overnight from one bad meal but it'll take days to get it off. It's sooo frustrating! I really don't get it....makes me feel like I have to live like a nun if I want to be happy with myself :( I try to find a nonchalant attitude about the whole thing, but it never works. A gain like that can put me in a crappy mood all day. So why is Joey banned from the pool for a week? This sounds interesting. What did he do?

Jacque: As I was reading your vent I couldn't help but think that you're probably too good at your job. I'll bet that your boss depends on you so much that he doesn't want to see you go anywhere. Why would he want to move you up and out and then deal with breaking someone new in, when you have it running like clockwork? I think that happens a lot to the better employees, and often it's the ones that cause problems that end up with all the mobility. The boss wants to "find the right place" for the nuisance employee, which actually means get him/her out of his hair. It's a bunch of political crap if you ask me, and oh so frustrating. I'm glad to hear your day improved with DS's email, and I hope today goes better :)

Lori: Did you get that run in yesterday? Hope DS lets you post today without interruption.

So my "stitch" is still painful, and the area around the incision is, too. I don't know what I did...might have been mowing the lawn on Sunday? I don't know, but am I p*ssed at myself. This is a real downer :mad: That said, I'm taking it easy for the rest of the week and worrying about Push next week. I'm just going to take my walk at lunch and after work when I can, and watch the cals. The GWF says I'm still burning about 2000 cals a day, even without a real workout, so it's not too hard creating the deficit.

Off to shower and get ready for work, but WILL bbl ~

Jen

Last edited:
Mornin' Glories. :D

I have some yummy upper body DOMS today. Mostly in my shoulders. Hurts so good! :)

So today I am going to attempt to fit in a run, leg work and core work. This is quite ambitious for me but I think I can do it considering I am not doing any one thing for more then 20-30 mins each these days. :)

So going back to y'day's discussion on weight gain/loss...I gained .8 pounds from tuesday to wednesday due to the dinner I ate at my mom's house. I ate well y'day and only lost .4 of it! WTH!?!?! UGH! Now tonight we are going to my MIL's which means I will again go up almost a whole other pound and it will probably take me DAYS to get it off! ICK ICK ICK! It's just not fair! *stamps feet and crosses arms with puss on face*

Jen: Passing out at the end of a busy day? Yeah, I've done that! :p Sorry you are still hurting. I hope it passes soon. *fingers crossed*
Joey is without his pool this week because the other day after school I set it up for him and out we went to play. He IMMEDIATELY began complaining and it never stopped. Within 5 mins he decided he didn't want to play in the pool but I was so irritated by his complaining that I told him that's fine but we are staying outside for a while. With that he pitched a fit. He threw himself on the ground and started screaming and crying about wanting to go inside. I told him if we go inside you are going up to your room and taking a nap. Well...you can just imagine how good THAT went over! :p The whole thing escalated to the point where I had to physically pick him up while he kicked and screamed and fought me to bring him inside and upstairs to his bedroom. At that point I told him no more pool for the rest of this week because of his behavior. He never did go to sleep but I left him up there long enough to get over it and calm down. When I let him come downstairs he was fine for the rest of the day. KIDS! :rolleyes:
So I got up this morning, peed and made coffee without remembering to wear my pedometer! I probably lost a bunch of steps there! EEGADS! :eek: LOL :p It'll be interesting to see what happens. I plan to run today. Do you think this thing will count my steps on a TM?? If not, I'm returning it! :p
So my friends from work bailed on our AC trip in 2 weeks!:mad: I am "twisting my mom's arm" so that she'll come with me. You wanna come too? :D My mom is cool. You'd love her!;)

Well, I'm off to get more coffee!!!

BBL

Last edited:
Good morning ladies !

Yep, I'm thinking lots of water will be in my repertoire today . . . :rolleyes:

Last night's Newport was a KILLER ! I could not go 4 min on a couple of the rounds. Round 8 was all push ups so I skipped that - tried some on my bench but my shoulders didn't want to cooperate. Was too tired for the Challenge at the end - hoping my endurance picks up and either next week or the week after I will get that far. Now after Newport I am askeered to do Firepower next week. May review it first and see if I can handle it or whether I'll rotate between Prov & New.

Jen - I figured work was busy for you. Sorry to hear you are still aching . . . the GWF is probably helping keep you "sane" about not working out by showing a 2,000 cal burn. That's good - I know I don't have a problem not eating as much when I'm not working out - sounds like you are the same. Hope you get a nice relaxing walk in at lunch. I had forgotten the kids were near the end of school already. Boy has this year flown by so far.

Thanks for the encouragement re: work. ITA about the PITA's getting moved around - what I am seeing though is due to growth in the company or restructuring. I am very happy for those with the opportunities, kinda saddened that I am actually kinda being pushed downward and feel like I'm valued only for my "yes sir" attitude. Oh well, I will work on improving myself and do as I am asked to do. Not much else I have control over. Today is another day ! :D

Wendy - I think you will LOVE Newport. You need to open it and check it out girl ! It is so up your alley and the way you have been working out lately. Total body workout with some kicka$$ cardio factor in there, then abs at the end of each round. <<< will be waiting patiently (or not) to see if Wendy opens her Newport soon >>>.

WOW - OK now after seeing you got in that many steps in 45 min - I need to get my batteries in gear and get that ol' pedometer hooked up here. I may just do that this AM and hope it will get me to take some laps for breaks or at lunch today.

Oh do I remember the days of temper tantrums ! My oldest used to throw himself to his knees and bang his forehead on the pavement or the floor. Had a permanent bump on it for 1 1/2 years ! :eek: Now I watch GDS toss himself backwards - mind you he never looks to see what his head will be hitting - dang if he hasn't hurt himself pretty good a few times. Still hasn't stopped doing it yet though . . . Yep, you summed it up correctly . . . KIDS ! The only good thing is they usually grow out of it (though DS just recently started reeling his in at the age of 20+). My other two weren't anywhere near as bad. If Joey doesn't have tantrums daily then you are lucky. If he does, it will probably pass. It sounds like your method of getting him out of it was a good one and worked well.

Hope Mom decides to join you in AC ! What a bummer for you !

Hey there Lori ! Hope your day is going well and you get your posting finished, interruptions or not ! :p

Off to take a few more minutes of shut eye before it is time to get ready for "work". Have a great one girls !

Last edited:
Wendy: Sorry to hear your friends bagged out on you! So not fair! Oh man would I LOVE to go, but I'm pretty sure that's the weekend D-EX is going to be away and the kids will be home with me. I LOL'd about Joey's tantrum (sorry) because I've BTDT! My DD was soooooo bad like that. Many times I had to remove her from restaurants for bad behavior. She didn't sleep through the night until she was two, and one time I decided that maybe letting her cry it out would be the answer...but she got so p*ssed that she threw herself right out of her crib. I watched from the doorway as she fell almost four feet to the floor because it happened so fast and I couldn't get to her in time! She just hiked her leg up over that rail and over she went. Needless to say, the crib came down that morning and she slept on the mattress on the floor until we could get her a real bed. Oy...you are right....KIDS!!

Jacque: Sometimes change is pressed upon us, and maybe someone is trying to tell you that there's better things out there for you? I don't know...but it's so not fair that you're feeling stuck, you've expressed that, and it's seemingly being ignored. I don't know how long I could take that. In the meantime, though, it sounds like those kettlebells are going to work at getting you a much needed endorphin rush! Newport sounds like a goodie, and I'm soooo wanting to get back to my bells now! Not ready for that yet, though :( but I'll be eyeing Newport for the near future.

Can you guys tell the boss isn't in the office this morning :p?

Will get a little work done (cuz I'm responsible like that ;)) and then will bbl~

Jen

Oh, btw, Wendy, the pedometer should def count steps on the tread. I walked two miles on the treadmill this morning and it counted 4000 steps, which falls in line with my lunchtime walk, which is 2.5 miles and 5000 steps.

Jen: My son was in his crib until he was 3+ years old! He never tried to climb out and I thank my lucky stars for that. He LOVED his crib and although he was excited for his "big boy bed", I think he would have loved to stay in his crib just the same until he physically could no longer fit in it! :p I was also lucky in that he started sleeping through the night way early. By 3 months old I was able to get a solid 5-6 hours of sleep with out being awakened! For a while he was taking 2 naps a day plus 12 hours at night. That soon became 1 long nap a day followed by a 12 hour night. Now, he doesn't nap on a regular basis but he goes to bed between 8 and 8:30 and gets up at 6. I can't complain. :) I was very nervous about the switch to a bed. I was afraid he'd get out of bed and hurt himself somehow in the middle of the night. :eek: He never did though and I soon stopped worrying about it. :)

Jacque: He's not a DAILY tantrum thrower so to speak but he IS very inclined to cry/whine at the drop of a hat. He will start the minute he suspects he will not get his way. UGH! Yesterday DH offered him 5 bucks if he could NOT CRY for an entire day from wake up to bed time. It was a struggle and he almost screwed up on more then one occasion but he made it! I thought for sure he wouldn't! Nice mom I am, right? :p So now I get to take him to Target after school to go "shopping" with his money. :) Okay, I suppose after a review like the one you gave, how can I POSSIBLY not give Newport a try soon, right? ;) I just need to get in a couple of work outs with my new Bowflex DBs first okay? :D I'll shoot for trying Newport next week! :)

Oh, btw, Wendy, the pedometer should def count steps on the tread. I walked two miles on the treadmill this morning and it counted 4000 steps, which falls in line with my lunchtime walk, which is 2.5 miles and 5000 steps.

Oh great! Thanks for the info Jen! :)

***NOTE TO SELF: Pedometers can't count steps when one is sitting one's arse in front of a PC all morning!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hey Gals!

I popped in yesterday, had most of my response posted...then DS came along and I never got to finish it! Good intentions must count for something though right?:D

I did STS disc 11 yesterday and a run. I had planned on taking a rest day today but its soooo nice out (despite the stupid wind!) that I don't know what I will do all day while I am waiting to cook dinner and go to work! Even if i get a smaller run in and some abs work, that will be o.k to. Lord knows I need the ab work....I have been slacking in that area lately!

After dinner yesterday my belly was bad again:( I am going to chalk it up to TTOM...b/c its coming soon. I could feel the gas pains in my stomach. Hopefully it won't happen again today b/c the bloated feeling comes along with it and when I am getting dressed to go to work its a real pain!

Jen** As the pain subsided at all? Hopefully it won't stay around to long! It really...really sucks when we hurt oursleves!!!

Wendy** Ah....Im sure you will ditch that extra .4 that you gained;) I was pleasantly surprised when I hoped on the scale today. Because of the way I felt, I thought for sure the scale would be up but it was lower today then its been since before our trip to FL. I guess the bad belly helped with me NOT eating last night. As soon as I would take a bit of something the gas pains would return.

Jacque** I had a big long post to you yesterday but DS ruined it!!! What is newport all about? Sounds tough!!!! Im looking forward to the next round of STS workouts.

So I went to wallymart and bought a new charger for my ipod, couldn't find the other one anywhere but Im sure it will make an apperance now that I have a new one! Once its charged and lunch is over, I may head out for a run!

BBL!
Lori:)

UGH! I'm still sitting here...:mad::rolleyes::mad:

That's it!

I'm getting up right now!

Must wash dishes and work out.

Must do laundry.

Must go food shopping.

MUST MUST MUST.

I'm going!

I swear.

No really.

Right now.

This minute.

See how fast I'm getting up?

:p:p:p:p:p:p

CDC ALERT RE: VIRUS

OK ladies - this one applies to most of us, huh?

CDC Important Information

The Center for Disease Control has issued a medical alert about a highly contagious, potentially dangerous virus that is transmitted orally, by hand, and even electronically. This virus is called Weekly Overload Recreational Killer (WORK). If you receive WORK from your boss, any of your colleagues or anyone else via any means whatsoever - DO NOT TOUCH IT!!! This virus will wipe out your private life entirely. If you should come into contact with WORK you should immediately leave the premises.

Take two good friends to the nearest liquor store and purchase one or both of the antidotes - Work Isolating Neutralizer Extract (WINE) and Bothersome Employer Elimination Rebooter (BEER). Take the antidote repeatedly until WORK has been completely eliminated from your system.

You should immediately forward this medical alert to five friends. If you do not have five friends, you have already been infected and WORK is controlling your life.

Oh Jacque, that sounds bad!! I better get out of here ASAP!! :p

Wendy, have you gotten up yet???

You're both too funny :D

Yes yes, I got up! :p

I washed the dishes, put away laundry and did two thirds of my work out. I am off in a few to the gym for a short run. After that? MORE laundry. BLECH!

Hey Ladies,

I got home Tuesday night but haven't had a chance to post until now. Our flight coming home was delayed due to thunderstorms in denver. We should've been home by 7:30 but didn't get home until 9pm. I was so tired.

I loved my gb girlies. They are so adorable. Rallie is happy and smiling almost all the time. She also gets into everything. Rylee is a little more reserved and well mannered. She will play with the same thing for long periods of time. She is also a daddy's girl and likes to her daddy to pick her up all the time! Hopefully I can get some pics posted this weekend.

Yesterday I made it to the gym for heavy leg training. I slept in too long this morning so no morning workout to report. Had intended on going to the rec ctr for some cardio but now have a meeting scheduled. :mad: May have time for a 2.5 mile walk though.

Jacque-what size KB did you use for newport? Sorry about the work issues. It sure sounds to me like you should have observed the facilitated meeting at the very least.

Wendy-I remember Joey being in his crib for much longer than my boys. Unfortunately all my boys tried climbing out of their cribs before they were a year old. From then on they each got a big boy bed for their first birthday. Sorry about the temper tantrum, he doesn't have them that often so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Kids will be kids and will always try to get their way. I'm an adult and I want my own way too!;)

Jen-I don't think you should be mowing the lawn...get SO to take care of that for you. Hope the pain subsides soon.

Lori-I can't believe all the running you do. I just can't seem to get myself back into it. I also had big strenght gains with STS. I think my heaviest barbell curl was 52lbs. I would've never even tried lifting that before. Now I really need to focus on cardio, circuits and full body weight workouts to lean out and drop some pounds.

Laura must be in Vega$$$$ Hope she is winning big!

Diana

Popping in quickly.

Well I did get new batteries on the way to work. Apparently have been sitting too much today :( as when lunch time hit I only had 1100 steps. So I took a stroll around the lastest store opening, Burlington Coat Factory. Got about 1,000 steps in so I'm up to 2,400 now. Not sure how I'll get to 10,000 and still get some work done here? :confused: I do have a CC planned for tonight's workout - may just end up adding a walk after that . . .

So Wendy - can you walk around while you are folding laundry? :p Hope your workout went well.

Jen - great job on the steps - wanna do some for me? ? ? ;)

Lori - did you get that run in since it was nice out. Thanks for the post - maybe it will "appear" one of these days . . . :rolleyes: It is the idea that counts ! Well Newport is one of the Art of Strength DVD's for Kettlebells. It is 8 rounds of 4 min of straight alternating exercises and then he adds a minute of abs with a 1 min rest between rounds. Thoroughly exhausting for me, but then I think I lost quite a bit of endurance while doing the STS program. I missed lots of my cardio sessions in between the weights.

Diana - WELCOME back ! So glad you had a great time with all your kids ! Can't wait to see pics. Did you get any workouts in besides lifting little girls? :p I used a 15 lb. for the Newport - even then some of the exercises where I had to lift over my shoulder didn't feel very good (with my shoulder issues), and I was completely DEAD by the end of the 4 mins. Actually stopped a wee bit early on a couple of the rounds. Have you done that one?

Back later gators . . .

CC #4 Done ! ! ! Went just over 4.5 miles in 42 min and was only at 8,200 steps so just kept on walking until I hit 5 miles at about 62 min. That was just a few steps over 10,000.

Totally drenched and dripping but wanted to say Thanks Jen & Wendy for getting me off my duff and getting in my 10K steps ! I needed the motivation.

The 10K doesn't even count my AM steps before I got to work or those that I will be taking until bedtime tonight and it is only 7 PM. We'll see if I can keep it up and make the scale go down! :D

Toodles 'til the morning. And a Happy Friday one it will be ! ! ! :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.