Damage Control ~ Happy Saturday :-)

Jacque: What's up with the poor sleep? Stuff on your mind? Hope you're catching plenty of zzzzz's this morning. Just read your post from 2 days ago and just want to give you ^^^^5's for confronting your boss about your job ennui (ooh, fancy word :D). I totally get how that would help with your energy levels, and I hope hope HOPE it means he'll help you find a greater challenge where you are. While I know changing jobs and making more money can be exciting, I suppose is can also be very nerve wracking in this economy not know which companies will or will not survive. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you can find what you're looking for where you are.

Wendy: Foxwoods has no idea what it's in for :D;):p We're going to have a blast together and I cannot wait! I haven't had a martini there, or anywhere, for that matter, in sooooooo long. Congrats on the job interview!! Woohoo! It sounds like holding out was worth it. I'm sure they're going to LOVE you.

Laura: Yay for sun! Finally! I hear ya, because we're finally enjoying some today, too. We've had, rain, fog, mist, for several days now and what a downer! I wondered if I had moved to London in my sleep! Hope you're enjoying the rays by the pool today! And a few cabs, perhaps?

Diana: I hope, no....I know you're enjoying those DGDs. Will love to hear how everything went when you're home.

So here's my GWF report: You guys have to get one of these!!! OMG, it is sooooo cool. I'm on my third day with it. The first two days I burned 2400 calories each day :eek: (2404 on day one, 2397 on day two) That's higher than I thought. I reached over 14k steps the first day and over 16k steps yesterday. The software that you upload the data into is rather basic (visually) and super easy to use, but it build these graphs that breaks down for you how many calories you burned during each minute of the day, and how many steps you took during each hour of the day. So there's high activity early in my day when I work out and get ready for work, then there's this lull, like I've flatlined :eek:, for the time I'm sitting at my desk. Then another spike during my lunch hour walk (which is 4900 steps, btw), then another lull afterward until I get home and I'm moving around more. It's pretty cool.

It is a HUGE motivator. I have to say that I'm a little obsessed with it atm, and I suspect that should subside over time, but it definitely makes me want to move more. The step counting feature alone is making do things like park further away from places I'm going to or walk to the ladies room that's two floors away rather than one. And lo and behold, these things actually make a difference :rolleyes:

This morning I did Burn It Off and Recharge, and when I looked at the stats afterward and saw that I had 13 minutes of vigorous activity(which is 6+METs) from it, and knowing I set my goal at 30 minutes per day, I hopped on the treadmill to meet that vigorous activity goal. That workout also provided 28 minutes of moderate activity, which is considered 3-6 METs.

Oh, and I'm logging my food and hitting about 1600 calories. That's a decent deficit, and I'm not sure if I'll maintain that or if I'll up the calories a little. I'm going to wait until the end of the week and evaluate it then.

Anyway, I've babbled about it enough. I'm going to post this baby before I lose it for some reason, and get my sweaty self into the shower. BBL~

Jen

Happy Saturday .. and YESSSSS .. I have sunshine ... wooohooo ...:D.. me and SIL just finished BBC full body workout .. OMG .. I forgot how hard that was .. I am one big sweaty mess .. and have a feeling the chest will be sore tmrw from the bizzilian pushups he did :confused: .....about to tackle my floors then cook something then SIL, DB and DN and 2 friends are coming over and we are laying by the pool .. gonna soak up some rays and enjoy some CABS ... VBF says she is bringing the Malibu rum :confused:... uummmmm might have one small one .. but gonna stick to my coors light ... LOL ..

Wendy ... I too forgot how hard BBC was .. SIL and I decided to do a short round of BBC before starting STS over again .. totally different workouts .. and think it will be good to really confuse our muscles!!!

Jen ... sounds like you are enjoying your new toy ... WOW .. that is pretty neat ... to know how many calories you burn in a total day .. and how many step you take .. interesting stuff ..

.. hello to all that follow .. I gotta get to cleaning before company arrives .. will try to pop back in later ... have a great one ... :D

Hey chickies !

Yes sooo verrrryyy happy it is Saturday ! Got up and got the kitchen scrubbed up a bit, lazed back in bed :rolleyes: and started on the choresy stuff again. Today is DD's bday and I can never get her to call me ! :confused: Will try again later - she is one of the "free spirits" and lives half an hour away with a schedule that changes so I can't "pop in". She turned 20 - I guess freedom is where it will be for her for quite a while. Will call one of the DS's and have them text her. Whenever I'm with her she is constantly checking her phone so I am figuring that since all my kiddos are "texters" I may just resort to adding that to my phone soon in order to keep up with them ! <climbing back up onto my chair - DD just called while I was typing ! :eek: Will be going up to see her tomorrow afternoon>

Jen - I was up with the dog the other nite - wanted out at 2 AM, wouldn't come back in, I got back to sleep until 2:30 when she wanted back in. :confused: DH was sleeping "loudly" so eventually I just got back up for a while and played on the 'puter. Got another hour or so before I got back up. TGIF made it easy cuz we get to wear jeans to work - no ironing needed !:p

You know I wore my HRM once for 24 hrs and it showed a 2400 cal burn for me and it was a good workout day if I remember correctly. You are definitely getting me more intrigued by the minute and sometimes I wonder if I would just hop on my TM for an incline walk while watching TV after dinner (not a hard workout but just added steps for the day) that it might help. Will have to see how the $$$$ goes for the next few weeks and it just might be a possibility.

Laura - was happy to see you made it here today and things are going well for you now that it is a "non-work" day ! :D Was looking for some workouts for the week after next and ran across the "Look Great in 8" posts in the Rotations forum. Looks interesting, challenging and also varied. I still want to use KB's twice a week and work on full body/circuit workouts, but this one might be something that will be pretty close. Like you, I want another "shock" factor to keep my aging body guessing. ;) You and your girlie friends have a great time today - enjoy the sun. We are going to have a decent day, starting to get very windy though - supposed to be about 75 - not sure if it will get there as the sun is still hiding.

Hi Wendy & Lori ! Diana too if you have a chance to check in from Portland ! Didn't do STS last night - getting really bad when I have to go shopping after work - never want to work out after that. I need to rearrange my shopping schedule some. So I wanted to do CCPP today and still need to do Bi/tri/sh's but have a hard time doing UB back to back. Not sure what my answer will be here, but will be doing something here really soon.

Happy Saturday !

Good Afternoon Girlies.

Where's the day gone? I had to work from 8-11 this morning so that killed my morning. By the time I got home and we ate lunch it was about 1 and then we went outside for an hour so Joey could play in his pool and mamma could work on her tan. :) I would have stayed out there for another hour but Joey actually told me he was ready to go in after an hour. *shrugs* Oh well, such is life with a 4 year old. He's napping now. "Swimming" wears him out so he is quite willing to nap for a bit afterwards. I am no fool. I take FULL advantage! :D In fact, I'm gonna lay in a just a few myself....

We are heading out tonight. DH's cousin is turning 40 and her hubby is throwing her a surprise party tonight. We wanted to go but DH was supposed to work until 7 tonight and possibly tmrw so he wasn't going to want to go. Well plans changed and he is now only workin' til 3pm and no work tmrw so we are on again for the party! WOOH! :D We are meeting his sisters at my MIL's house at 7. DS will stay with MIL and those of going to the party will head over together from there. Any excuse to have a few drinks is fine with me! :p

Jen: Okay girl. I just convinced my DH to spend $360.00 on the Bowflex weights. I can't possibly convince him to let me spend another $200 more on the GWF so PLEASE stop enabling me!!!!!:eek: LOL You had me thinking about how many steps I get during the course of a day. I think maybe I'll go buy myself a cheap-o pedometer for now to see what my numbers are! This morning at work I was alone for the first hour and it was quiet so I was doing laps around the room and COUNTING my steps as I went! I got to 700 before I got interrupted. I know. I'm such a dork! :p I am really looking forward to our Foxwoods trip as well. I am going to taste test a couple new martini flavors in AC when I go in June so that I am armed with a few choices for us! ;) Seriously though, I am not an alcoholic! I just play one in AC! :D

Laura: BBC is awesome. Very tough endurance work outs! Great for a change up from the heavy lifting! I may continue to mix them into my rotation over the next few weeks if I can. I have soooo many options with the new work outs I got. This SHOULD be fun but could also be MIND BOGGLING!!! :confused::eek: LOL Enjoy your CABS by the pool and play it smart. Stay away from what you know will make you unhappy later. I once drank rum and gingerale on the beach in St. Croix with my mom and ended up with a headache that had me in tears, in a public rest room at a restaraunt trying to make myself throw up because I felt so nauseaus (from the headache!)! :eek: It was downright AWFUL!!!! I didn't know any better though. I never really drank during the day in the sun like that. Had I been drinking my Coors Lights I probably would have been fine....

Jacque: Your DD is 20? Yeah, I'm not surprised then. :p I love texting. I am not a phone person. I used to be but haven't been for years now. I will talk for a short time but after about 10-15 minutes I am soooo done. I like texting because a conversation can last for days on end...literally! There is no worries about "dead air" or about having to hang up or anything. You just text back when you can and if you can't for a while it's no biggie! :)

Guess that's all for now. No work out for me today. It's killing me not to tear into something new but I'm holding strong! :p

Off for my nap now.
BBL!

Well, our plans have changed once again. We are not going to this party after all as we were misinformed. It's not actually a PARTY but more like a GTG at a very expensive bar in a very expensive NEW hotel in a very expensive town in NJ. This means no food. Just drinks that we have to pay for. We aren't cheap people but we don't feel like driving 2 hours to have 1 or 2 overpriced drinks and then come home again! :eek: In addition, DH, thinking it was really a PARTY, went and bought his cousin a $50 giftcard to the Gap which she is now not getting!!!! :rolleyes: So now what will we do, you ask?? We are going to dinner with DS shortly and then we will go shopping to the Gap ofcourse! LOL I was looking forward to having a few drinks and hangin' out but oh well. It's not like we don't get ample opportunity to do that both together and apart from one another. I guess I COULD have driven up there and gone with my SILs and left DH and DS home but I feel bad so I am opting not to do that.

Alrighty, gotta go...BBL or tmrw!!!:)

Hi ladies,

I'm here in Portland and it is so hot, 86 degrees. I am visiting with granddaughters-who by the way are so adorable. I will certainly be uploading pics when I get home.

I'm at DS's and had to ask permission to use his computer. Of course he asked what for and laughed when I said Cathe.

The girls are up from their nap so I'll catch you ladies later.

bbl

Heya girlies!

We took the kids to Providence today to walk around the city a bit. It has a gorgeous canal and plenty of history, and the weather was nice today. There's also a great mall down there, too, so we walk throught that a bit. Didn't buy anything great, just a few necessities. But by five everyone was starving because we had all skipped lunch, and so we went to The Melting Pot for dinner. This was a whole new experience for us as the whole meal is served as fondue! They start you with a traditional cheese based fondue as an appetizer, then the entree is assorted meats that they bring to the table raw, all seasoned, and you actually cook them yourselves in the fondue pot on the table. And of course, there are dessert fondues afterward. OMG, everything was delicous and I feel like I won't have to eat for a week now! It was fun to boot.

Jacque: There's something about the mother/daughter relationship that makes us daughters want to establish some independence from our moms. My sister and I do it all the time! And my mom is absolutely wonderful, I really don't know what I'd do without her <3 But it had definitely improved as I've gotten older and I've learned to appreciate her. Your DD will, too. I can't say enough good things about the GWF. I'm thinking even after I've achieved what I want to achieve with it, it'll be something that I'm always be able to fall back on when I need a reality check, you know?

Laura: Yeah, rum can be a killer. Tasty, but oh so cruel sometimes.

Wendy: I suppose you'll have to wait a bit before DH is ready to let you splurge on the GWF...unless you get that job on Monday!! ;) Then you'll have to congratulate yourself with your first paycheck, am I right?? When to the Selecttechs arrive? I can't wait to hear how you like them. I'll follow your lead on the newest martini mixes. You'll find I'm not too choosy! 'cept gin...ugh....can't do gin. <<<shudder>>> Bad memories of gin:confused: Sorry your plans fell through, but hopefully you'll find something fun at the Gap! I was just there today and they have some really cute stuff right now.

Diana: Thanks for thinking of us even from Portland! Give those granddaughters a big old kiss from your fellow Catheites!

So I think tomorrow may be a rest day. I've had some really bad abdominal pain today. Nothing internal, just soreness around the incision, but I feel like I might have injured it a bit. Will see how I'm feeling in the morning and may just keep it a day of moderate activity like walking. I want to start Push this week feeling strong!

Will be back in the a.m. 'Night girls!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.