Damage Contol..."Just another manic monday"

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Good Morning Girlies.

I am sure to be manic this morning! I have Plyometric Cardio Circuit on tap! I am gonna DIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!!:eek:;):p:D

Quiet day here y'day. Guess everyone was busy. We took DS to see Dispicable Me. Cute Movie. Made me tear up at the end.

So everyone read the news....Cathe made an announcement about 4 new dvds she will be taping! Excited? :D

Diana:: I hope this morning finds everyone doing well in your family..specifically DH as I am quite sure DS is not an issue. I remember when I got my wisdom teeth pulled. I couldn't eat any "real" food unless it was put in a blender first. :D Nope, can't make anyone exercise or change their eating habits unless they want to. DH's cholesterol is elevated. He claims he wants to cut back on the crappy food. We will see :rolleyes:...I'm obviously not sure I believe he will do it though I hope he does. Awesome work out y'day! Not sure I'd be able to do weights and Insanity in the same work out. YIKES! :eek:

Jacque:: So how was 4DS legs? You did the k/b too? I love that k/b work out! The leg w/o is really good too but we both know that me and heavy leg work do NOT get along so as much I like it, I doubt I'll be using it much unless I can feel it using MUCH lighter weights. :( Yay for GDS' 3rd B'day party! How fun!!!! Do DEXH slept thru the party???? WTH? No wonder he's an EX! ;):p:D

Guess that's all for now. I'll BBL...if I survive my work out! :eek:

Good Morning!:)

I was MIA all weekend...and of course I missed you guys! This weekend is a crazy one around here, lots of parties and things to take in.

We went out Fri night and I ran into my friend who informed me that I was doing the 10k road race in the a.m. I had intentions of doing it earlier that day but after a few drinks, I decided I wasn't doing it. That all changed when she told me "oh...your doing it"! LOL I got home at 3:15 and I was up again at 7:15:confused: Ran the race is 46:30....not as good as last year and there were people in front of me that shouldn't have been....but I didn't care! After the race one of the girls convinced me to do another 10k with her b/c we are both training for a marathon...stupid like, I did that to! Needless to say it was the fastest way I ever lost 5 lbs! I came home,went back to bed and woke up at 11:30 with awful stomach cramps and I didn't stop going from the bathroom to the bed the WHOLE day! I don't know if it was what I drank, the pizza I ate at 3, the 20k run, or if I had caught DS's stomach bug. I did have the cold shivers like the cold.

So yesterday was a rest day but I am up today to get a run in before work. I don't plan on being there real long cause today is a holiday here. I also saw my coworker yesterday who informed me that she didn't go to work:mad: Which means, her work is there for me to do as well. DH told me not to do it and to set it to one side but everyone knows I won't do that. I wonder sometimes if she doesn't do these things on purpose to get a rise out of me? She spends alot of time with the "friend" I use to hangout with and Im sure she told her about our arguements in the past. I tell ya, they are a different bunch and they are evil....in the meantime I can't go thinking that everyone is out to get me:rolleyes: So I will go in, do my work and come home again. Even when DS was sick last week I still went in and did my work so she wouldn't have as much to do the next day. Never again. I am learning fast that being nice doesn't get you anywhere!

Wendy** Hope you are surviving your workout! I finally bought the belly button ring I wanted yesterday. Again,there was no one at the jewlery counter. They paged her twice before she came and I thought the lady in front of me was gonna lose her mind. It was the worst service ever. If one is assigned to that area, they should have to stay in that area. Its a purple butterfly with something small dangling from that. I may have to remove the dangling part. Im afraid it might hook into something.
Im excited about these new dvds! Hopefully it will be something I will be interested in. I use to buy them all but not anymore. I never preorder and I usually wait for perviews first. I'm sure DH will say "more workouts? Do you really need MORE workouts"? LOL

I will check back in later, if I have time today I will try to catch up on personals!

Lori:)

Well PCC is done and it's as EVIL as I remember it being! :p

I just finished scarfing down oatmeal with almond butter while reading FB and the forums and now it's time for a shower!

BBL!

Hi ladies,

Hope today I can get back to my regular schedule. It kinda sucks going back to work since I only worked Monday last week. Tues/Wed were scheduled vacation days, Thurs and Fri were spent with DH at the hospital or DS at the oral surgeon.

This morning is Pure Cardio, lunch is C&T and I just signed up for the Aug session of bootcamp. The temps have been in the 90's and I'm so tired of it.

Wendy-nice job girl....at least Shaun is nice to look at while we're doing the w/o's. I'll have to check out the new w/o's Cathe will be filming. I have to say that lately I've been drawn to her circuit, HIIT and bootcamp style w/o's.

Lori-wow, so you ran twice on the same day....after a night of drinking and going to bed at 3am...You really are amazing! The BB ring sounds pretty cute. Although I like the dangly rings, I'm also afraid of catching them on my pants etc. Hope you feel better. Sorry your co-worker isn't pulling her fair share.

Okay, my dh is having a bowl of raisin bran this morning..with skim milk, that's never happened before.

Hi Jacque, Laura and PunkyJen.

Hey Girls, I looked all over the site for the announcement of Cathe's new DVD's but couldn't find anything. I'm guessing she announced to her visitors over the weekend. Any idea what kind of w/o's they will be?

Heading down for Pure Cardio....

Hi Ladies,

I just went over to the rec ctr for weights, and they are closed for maintenance this week. BOOH! I guess I will do some full body w/o's this week instead. Tomorrow calls for rest day in the Insanity rotation so I will do a full body workout instead, leaning towards MIS.

Wendy-thanks for the link. It doesn't work because of the 2 http://, if you remove the extra one it works fine. STS full body and lower body sounds really good to me. I would like to read the descriptions before making any decisions. Not sure if the High Rep would be of any interest to me. What do you think?

Where is everyone else today?

bbl

Diana:: Glad you were able to open the link. I removed one of the http:// and still couldn't open it here but I am sure I'd be able to from home. Cathe's "endurance" work outs were never as high rep as things like Jari, SS, Tonique, etc but this sounds like it might be higher rep then what Cathe usually produces so it may not be for you. Who knows. I'm just guessing! ITA that if I were you I would wait to see what the description is before deciding though. I am very excited to hear about that one and the Intensity one! :)

ETA:: PRESALE STARTS AUG 4TH!!!!!!! I am getting LBB, INTENSITY and HIGHER REPS for sure!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Happy mid-day ladies !

Stayed in bed longer than usual this AM - took a couple of melatonin's last night before bedtime and slept very well. Didn't feel like getting up on time - no going to work early today since I spent 3 hours catching up & cleaning up yesterday afternoon. Was kinda bugged that when I got there the owner and his 2 sons were there too. Didn't want to draw any attention to myself, but oh well. Who in their right mind works on a Sun afternoon when the weather is nice? Well apparently a few of us ! :p

Workout tonight will be 4DS LIS, calves & core. Looking forward to it. A little sore in the hammies so far today - good thing as I don't have any hammies to speak of ! :rolleyes:

Wendy - thanks for the heads up on the new DVD's. Will have to check them out for sure. I know you don't lift heavy but the 4DS is not that heavy - and when I'm not feeling like heavy I just lighten up - "yes you can!" ;)

Lori - wow what a running crazy woman you are ! ! ! :eek: Woo hoo for the new BB ring - boo hooo for the crummy co-worker you have ! Don't you hate it when people are not nice ! Sounds like DS is mended? and you are feeling better today?

Diana - getting a little used to not working, huh? :p It's been so long since I've taken more than a long weekend of perhaps 4 days - think about 5 years or so since I took an entire week off. Hard to do with my work responsibilities, though bossman does it all the time. I really need to get that figured out ! Woo Hoo for DH and his sensible bowl of cereal for breakfast today - seems he usually makes large omletes with all the fixin's, right? Hope it is a new start for him . . . Bummer about the rec center being closed - you have enough workouts to choose from at home . . . that's a good thing !

Okie dokie - wanna check out the new DVD's quickly before I head outta here.

Ciao !

Hey girlies ..

it is first of month ..I am on counter and it is INSANE .. and TYPICAL asylum MONDAY .. UGH :confused: .. PLUS my DH called and has scared me to death .. results from ultrasound showed another pollyp in GALL BLADDER this time .. he is to meet w/a SURGEON .. ok .. so in between the frkn customers I have been FLIPPING out .. his dad had liver cancer and they did that test b/c of the history of cancer and liver cancer usually starts somewhere else .. I AM OFFICIALLY FREAKED OUT ... so pray for DH that it is NOT "c" and that he is gonna be ok ...

Wendy .. my FL friend said she saw about the new DVD on VF .. of course those girls are so nasty about anything Cathe .. UGH .. taking it the girl on there that goes by Caligurl .. is the one that is Kathryn here .. that is so negative about everything Cathe does .. UGH .. that makes me tired!! Uncalled for added DRAMA BS!!!! :mad: anyway .. my FL friend said that some of the workouts look like they are gonna be like my mish mosh class last week .> LOL asked if Cathe had been coming to my class :eek: :p ;)

Di .. glad everyone is at home and doing good ... I will be in freak out mode till I know my baby is ok!!!! tummy will be rebelling I am sure!!! Our Vegas trip is TWO WEEKS from today too :confused: :( .. although just so my baby is ok .. that is all matters

Lori .. sorry things are bad at work .. I hate those PIA that have to have drama BS stirred all the time at work .. usually do it to get out of seomthign they should be doing or get someones mind off of something they messed up .. UUUGGGGGGG

Jacque .. OK: Who in their right mind works on a Sun afternoon when the weather is nice? Well apparently a few of us ! :p OK .. that is just FUNNY!!!:p:p:p:p

had a wonderful weekend .. but today sure has been terrible .. tonight's plan is mish mosh of plyo - KB sets - LB work and core work .. have a great one!:D

Workout blender

OK ..

OMG .. you gotta check out the "Workout Blender" thread on OD ...WOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW is all I gotta say!! :eek: that should shut people liek that Kathryn up .. but they will still find things to B### about .. :confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.