Daily Checkin Wed 1-10

luvtorun

Cathlete
Morning ladies...

I'm not subjecting my knee to IMAX3 today of course. I'll probably pull out the cardio only on LIC or LIS. My knee feels tight this morning. I hasn't really hurt any this morning yet like it did yesterday but I haven't been up long.

I had to go out yesterday and pick up some things at the store. When I came out of the store, there was a grocery cart sitting behind my vehicle, it had actually run into my vehicle and took the paint off. x( x( I can't stand people who are too lazy to put the carts where they are suppose to go. Now I have to see what that's going to cost me to get it fixed! x( x(

I'm going to try not to stress too much about it. Stress + injury = a cleaned out kitchen!:eek:

That cart thing is so annoying. The good news is that it didn't smash a headlight or your sideview mirror! Hopefully, it wont cost an arm and a leg to get that spot touched up. Whatever you do, don't take it out on the kitchen! Are you working today?

I'm resting today. Tommorrow will be GS BB.

Phyllis

http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt check out new pics posted 12/20

Good Morning.

Jane, ((((((hugs))))))), friend. I hope your knee feels better today and I am sorry about the shopping cart incident. Now back away from the kitchen!;)

Phyllis, Enjoy your rest today and GSBB tmrw!:)

I have the X shoulders and arms and ARX on tap for this afternoon and then a step class at the gym this evening. Yeah...I'm gonna be tired later!:p

Have a great day!

Good Morning Fit Chicks!

Today is a 30 min interval treadmill run, the LCD from KM and CM#1.

Jane: I hope today is a better day for you...(((HUGS)))

Phyllis: Enjoy your rest! My son finally received his 1st college acceptance!

Tig: Shoulders/Arms was one of my favorite workouts. It has a great combination of exercises.

Heather: When your done organizing your piles, come on over here!!!

Hello to all that follow....happy humpday!

Good morning everyone,

Sorry about your leg still being a problem, Jane, I hope you didn't add to your frustration by kicking that shopping cart!x(

Today was Kari Anderson Push Hi/lo for 30 minutes, KM leg conditioning drills, and Coremax Tough Core premix ( I forgot which one was on the rotation..whoops..).

Have a great day!!

Hi all,

I did the #3 premix off of Amy Bento's Xtreme Kickbox trying to give myself more practice with the combos and intervals. I think I did better this time and I got to try the bonus bag workout with this premix. It was a good sweaty workout again.

Hope you all have a great day!!:7

That is pretty good Annette, I am not quite to the point where I can just be thrown into the combos all at once. Good job!:)

>Tig: Shoulders/Arms was one of my favorite workouts. It has
>a great combination of exercises.

I LOVED IT, Tammy! You are sooo right! Fabulous work out!:)

After much debate, I've decided to skip a day on the rotation and do GS C&T today and give my knee another day. I'll see where it is at tomorrow. It hasn't hurt at all today to walk but it feel tight and I don't want to risk making it worse if it is on the mend.

>That's great news Tammy! Is it his first choice?
>
>Phyl
>http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt check out new pics posted
>12/20

Yes, I think it was his first choice, but I'm really trying to steer him in the direction of the state schools. If nothing else, it took the edge off the "waiting game".

Okay... just before I started to workout, I talked myself into doing cardio. I started with LIS and skipped the cool down and did three combos with the blasts from LIC with the cool down and stretch. My knee did okay. I hope I wasn't foolish. I could definitely "feel" it. It didn't hurt at all but I could tell it definitely wasn't going to like me if I twisted it the wrong way. I was extremely careful. GS C&T tomorrow and then we'll see if a run is in the cards for Friday.

I keep telling this almost 46-year-old body not to fail me now! :p

Daily Check-in

There are days to march forth in victory, and there are days to stand firm and celebrate not losing ground. This was one of the latter. I did not sleep well last night as a result of an annoying tickle in my throat. I was tired this morning, but I persevered.

After my quiet time, I decided to give Power Max another whirl. It is my goal to add more variety to my rotation this year instead of sticking with my favorite workouts all the time. I did Step Fit last week. It has always been my favorite workout on the Cardio Hits DVD. I did not have the mental focus or physical energy to tackle Step Works, so Power Max won by default. It is an intense workout. It is a good workout too. It simply does not rock my world. I am visually inspired. The CIA set with a fireplace in the corner of a small room is my least favorite of Cathe’s sets. I feel confined when I do this workout for some reason. I prefer bright and open sets and love dance studio sets with big windows. I love Cathe’s new set. I like the Step Fit set. It is more visually appealing than the other sets on this DVD. Cathe is cute in Power Max. The thong leotard she is wearing does not bother me at all. I can deal with thongs leotards and leg warmers too if the set is pretty and the music is good!

I have a short attention span, and Cathe lost my interest during the warm-up. This has to be my least favorite Cathe warm-up of all time. She includes a lot of fun moves in the step combinations like ponies with party arms, but the choreography overall is very basic. Cathe spends more time breaking down the choreography, and it is not as dancy or complex as my beloved Rhythmic Step. This is one of Cathe’s more popular step workouts, but I do not feel the love. The music is not my favorite either. I can imagine loving this workout with IMAX2 music! I also prefer Cathe’s fun personality and relaxed camera presence in her newer workouts (from the Slow and Heavy Series forward). Power Max is a great workout without a doubt, but Cathe has definitely improved as an instructor (and grown more beautiful!) through the years.

Power Max is not a total loss because I do love parts of it. The first combination after the warm-up is fun. Cathe cools down with a dancy Latin combination and includes the mambos and pivots I adore. It is a lot of fun to do too. The cool-down is actually my favorite part of the whole workout! After I experience Step Works again, I may create my own workout by combining my favorite parts of Power Max, Step Fit, and Step Works. Another warm-up with the first combination and the cool-down would be a fun timesaver workout. As much as I love Cathe, this workout as produced is not my cup of tea. I love Boot Camp and her new series with more athletic choreography, so it is not that I only like dancy choreography. I likewise love Low Impact Step with more basic choreography. It does not have Cathe’s best music either, but it makes me happy. I have not bonded with Power Max for reasons I cannot define. I am not one who can read a description of a workout and know that I will love it. I have to experience it. How a workout makes me feel is far more important to me than how effective it is. I want to dance and delight and experience joy. Working out should be about pleasure and fun, not just results. Exercise for me is more about worship than weight management. I am a Christian hedonist!

I received a package from Cathe today with my replacement DVDs. I need to preview them before I return the originals. I am extremely tired and ready to call it a day. I feel like I am coming down with something. Please pray for healing.

Tammy, do not be looking for me anytime soon. It may take a year for me to tame the paper tiger in my home.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.