Daily Checkin Tues Dec 18

Good Morning Glories!

Today is StepBlast :D Brrrrr...it is cold this morning. As of yesterday I have a new parking assignment at work...I've been relegated to the farthest outside parking lot x( Y'all should see how fast I can walk ;)

Phyllis ~ aka our very own Belle of the Ball(s)..have fun with C&W!

Have a good day ladies!

Good Morning!

Ha! More (dirt) balls, eh Phyllis ?? I told you no one can resist them!;-) :7

Tammy, it's 16 degrees ....and if that were my parking lot space...I'd probably be running! (but look out for ice!):eek:

The rotation says SJP step & hi/lo, but I like the idea of Stepblast so I'll probably sub.

Try to stay warm !

Becky

I am back. Just wanted to tell you something for Jane.
Her dad had a stroke yesterday.
She spent yesterday at the hospital, and will go there today after work. She probably won't get on today but she wanted you to know.

Becky

I am so sorry to hear about Jane's Dad and will keep him and her family in my prayers. I know about rushing to the hospital all to well as of late.

Phyllis: You are too funny!
Tammy: Do you plug in the iTread and hustle in as fast as you can??
Becky: I woke up to 11 degrees, probably about the same as Tammy this a.m. I bet she was runnin'!

I did not do my low max premix last night and I won't be able to fit in a w/o tonight either. After spending a few hours visiting mom at night and then going home to prepare dinner and lunches for the next day I am exhausted. By the time the weekend rolls around and I do have time I find myself really just wanting to curl up in bed with a book and read until I zonk out. I feel discouraged. I just can't keep up with it all.

Hi all,

Please send Jane my thoughts and prayers, this must be so difficult for her.

Today was SJP step and hi lo premix. I did Christi's Cardio Collectibles, step and Hi/lo for over an hour, and the core section from LIS.

Have a good day.

Today is cardio day for me. 60 mins of huffin' and puffin'! I am thinking a combo of 2 4DS cardios. Any suggestions on which 2 I should do? }(

Beavs: I adore the kickboxing work out but I just did it on Thursday so perhaps I will save it for another time.

Conni: I just did Lower Impact Step on Saturday as well but I could honestly use the practice with this one. I have only done BC once and it was a while ago. I think I like this combo! Thank you for the suggestion!

I SHOULD do Higher Impact Step so that I can begin to learn it but I don't know if I feel like dealing with that today. I'm obviously not very patient when it comes to learning tricky choreo. :p

<I'm obviously not very patient when it comes to learning tricky choreo>
Me neither. I haven't even attempted it.

><I'm obviously not very patient when it comes to learning
>tricky choreo>
>Me neither. I haven't even attempted it.

I did HIS before LIS and at first I thought it was easier. DOH! Little did I realize. I must have been having a "good" day when I tried HIS for the first time cause ever since then...FUGGETABOUTIT! LOL I found LIS tricky too but I was able to catch on pretty quickly.

I am actually reconsidering trying HIS today though. As much as I don't know if my brain can handle it I am thinking my bod will like the intensity of the BC work out even less. I have a little bit of a headache and don't think all of that back and forth and bending over while moving at the speed of light ;) will help me any!

So after all of the back and forth I am most likely going for the 2 step work out premix! Wish me luck! :7

My work out is done!

So the 4DS step premix puts LIS first. I wanted to get the learning process out of the way first with HIS so I did my own mish/mosh as follows:

HIS warm up
combos 1 and 2
(I attempted combo 3 for about 2 mins and quickly realized it wasn't happening! LOL I also didn't do the blasts as I didn't have patience to learn them either.YIKES!)
repeat combos 1 and 2
finished product through powerboxes after combo 2
LIS as produced but skipped the warm up

This took me almost exactly an hour. It was perfect. It wasn't all that intense cardio wise though and that was disappointing but I attribute that to not knowing the routines well enough to really put my efforts into the intensity w/o having to worry about the choreo. It will come with time...

Hi all,

I did PUB down only premix for a change of pace from Slow and Heavy, then I did MIS abs.

I forgot what she started with for chest and about killed myself using 25 pound dumbells. I quickly changed. UGH!!!

Have a great day!!:) :7

SB is done and I had a BLAST!!! Love that one :D I parked in row F this morning...which stands for REALLY BAD F*CKING PARKING SPOT!!!!

Annette ~ I did PUB yesterday...Yowzers on the 25 lb db's!

Jane ~ Lots of prayers for you and your family tonight.

Wendy ~ It took me awhile to learn that 3rd combo from HIS. I'm still not crazy about the cardio in LIS and HIS...I barely break a sweat and my heart rate just never elevates. I do like the cardio from kb (although that doesn't set my heart a racing either) and bootcamp (heart rate does get elevated with this one) though. All in all I just don't find the cardio in the new 4ds that intense, even after learning the choreography.

Conni ~ Great sub...Phyllis is Queen of the Dirty Balls and you remain Queen of Substitutions ;)

Patti ~ I find it hard to fit it all in too...cut yourself some slack, your mind AND your heart are in a million different places. Hopefully, things will calm down soon and you can find some time for yourself.

Becky ~ Thanks for the update on Jane. Did you join me in SB?

Have a good evening y'all!

Tammy,

BC definately gets my heart rate up there and KB is pretty good as well. I will try to keep up with the choreo on the step routines so eventually I can try to put more into them and hopefully it will get better. If not, atleast I know I'm not the only one. Thanks! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.