Daily Check in for Weekend Jan 23-24

Conni

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

Getting us started today.

Carmen, did you get my cookies??????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Today was KPC, but subbed Amy's Kickbox Surge and Core. Kicked my butt..

Hopefully seeing Avatar today with DS, but if he takes a friend than I am just the driver..:confused: The reality of kids getting older, I guess...

Good morning ladies - Just did AM yoga. Today I have KPC on tap - cant wait!! I just orderd BSN Lean Dessert from vitacost.com. The price is very good. I use the GNC pro performance Whey Protein but wanted to try this stuff after reading the rave reviews here on these forums.

Conni - The peanut butter chocolate are 2 die 4!!! Its like eating a peanutbutter cup. I had one cookie for each of you ladies last night! :eek: Cant wait to hear your movie review.

Enjoy your day. I'll check back later.

Happy Saturday!!

Hi All! Today I have STS Disc 9 Legs. I'm going to lay a small rug down on my puzzle mats and see if the paper plate exercises will work that way.

I have the usual Saturday stuff to do...cleaning, laundry, errands :confused:

Conni ~ Thanks for getting us started this weekend. Hope you get to go to the movies ;)

Carmen ~ Those cookies sound yummy! Have fun with KPC...I like that one.

BBL...

This morning was shopping and LOT'S of it . Food and odds and ends...........

Also we just sold our camper:(. We didn't really WANT to but really never find the time to go anymore .......and it seems wasteful for it to sit outside and never be used. Someone just offered to buy it and offered a fair price so we sold it. We spent a good part of yesterday emptying it out.
I'll be sad to see it go. So many memories vacationing with our kids. We've had it for 14 years so they were pretty young when we started.

No workout yet today. It's supposed to be MMA fusion. I haven't done that one. I really like boxing, so I'm hoping it's like that.

Have a great weekend !!

Becky

Hi all,

Just popped back to say that we did get to see Avatar earlier today..

OH MY GOODNESS, ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!

Don't miss this. It is over 2 hours and no one in the place budged the entire time, no matter how much they had to pee!

Go see this, it is a work of art.

I...can't...walk! My legs are SO sore...the paper plate work woke up muscles that I apparently haven't used in quite some time :confused: the rug worked well with the paper plates.

Conni ~ Glad you enjoyed the movie. My youngest son loved it too.

Have a good night all. I didn't get everything I had planned done, but tomorrow is another day! ;)

Today was a little rest day for me. I slept in, went to Starbucks and read for a few hours, and then came back for a nap :p I'm off to our company "holiday" party and I will be dressed casual. So many people dress like it's the prom and it's ridiculous. Tomorrow I will doing JM's Banish Fat, cooking, reading the Sunday NY Times, and sipping tea. It sounds like you all have a great weekend....some with sore butts :p

Tammy- omg I know about the paper plates !!!! Isn't it crazy ??

Glad you liked the movie so much Connie.

Beavs- Starbucks , yum.

I didnt care much for MMA fusion.:( I don't have room for a lot of the moves, and there were a lot of explosive floor to AIR moves that I just plain didn't like. I LOVED the core work though , so for that I will keep the dvd.
I'm loving the step:D.......not liking Hiit , CCC or fusion.:( and haven't tried kickboxing yet.

Since I didn't feel I got a GREAT workout with fusion (skipped combo 2 completely......modified moves in combo 3 ) I added on 45 min. of yoga.

Enjoy your Sat. night !!!!

Becky

Good evening ladies - sounds like you all had a great day. My lower body is sore today too.

Connie - glad u liked the movie. I'll have to plan a date nite with hubby soon to see it.

Tammy - hope you feel better tomorrow.

Beavs - sounds like a fabulous day.

Becky Which yoga do you do?

I'm enjoying a cup of calming tea.

Good night. Carmen.

Becky ~ I had NO idea!! Ouch! I have MMA Fusion tomorrow...uh oh!

Beavs ~ Have fun...I know you will look fab.

Carmen ~ Enjoy your tea!

Good Sunday Morning!! Rest day for me today. After church I will take Bella for a walk, bathe all the dogs (I have 4 of them), organize and purge my closets.....:confused: Pretty ambitious agenda. Let's see how far I get.

Have a great day, I'll check back later.

Carmen.

Good Sunday Morning to you too Carmen ! And everyone else, of course !!! :)

Carmen- I usually do yoga from Yogatoday.com . they have downloadable workouts, for 3.99, I think but also one free workout a week and I always take advantage of that ! It's usually a full hour and varies in intensity . Very good yoga workout, imo.

Tammy- don't be scared ! If you are enjoying the other hiit, and CCC workouts, you'll probably like fusion too. I think I'm in the minority. It's just not my type of workout. I'm sure for a lot of people it's great and they love it, I just don't want to jump so much and then go from floor to air so fast. I feel it risks my form and possibly injury.(jumping HIGH and straight into a pushup- is one especially that comes to mind.)

Yesterday when we were doing that last plank move (in core work) and she said NOW FAST ! I felt and heard something snap in my shoulder/upper arm !!!!!!!!! Its fine today so I don't think it was anything big, but .......for me a huge wake up call.
I will still do that move, but SLOW was better for me.
If your legs are still so sore, walking might be better for you then Fusion though today !!;)

Anyway, today is my rest day.

Have a great Sunday !

Becky

Good Morning!

Carmen ~ Enjoy your "rest" day...sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you! I need to organize my closet too...it's a mess.

Becky ~ I'll let you know how I like MMA Fusion. I don't like the cardio core circuit because of all the fast position changes. Enjoy your rest day!

I'll BBL.

Hi everyone,

Happy Sunday. It seems like everyone feels like I do about CCC. Tammy, I agree, too much up and down, and for what? The moves are not all that centered on the core at all, imo..
Anyways, I still have the circuit blast one to try, but I am not excited..:confused:

Today was upper body day - I did Tracey's Upper body workout from the Parts Series. I upped the weights and am thoroughly cooked. I already did my cleaning for the day, I have laundry, ironing, and relaxing on the schedule hopefully.

Have a good day,

Got most done today except bathing dogs. That will have to be an evening this week. I even got some yard work done today. Closet mostly done, lots for the thrift store.

So much for rest day.....:D

Carmen.

Carmen ~ Good job!

Conni ~ I did like Circuit Blast.

I liked MMA Fusion, but I should have listened to Becky. My legs were still really sore and I really struggled to just stay standing :confused: I learned the 3 combos quickly and I also liked that she didn't repeat them ad nauseum. I liked the core work in this one too...in fact, I like the core work in all three MMA workouts and strung together they would make for an excellent ab workout.

I'm off to do the ironing now :confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.