Daily Check-In Wednesday, May 23rd

Tamster

Cathlete
Good Morning Fit Chicks!

Today's rotation calls for B&G, but it is leg day at the gym so this morning I'll be doing CC#3.

Wendy ~ LOL! But can you do it two days in a row?

Have a great day, I'll check back later.

Good morning Tammy and Phyllis....

Today is PUB and PLB up pyramid only premixes. Hopefully I'm on a roll!!!

Have a good one!

Happy Hump Day!:D

Thank you for all your support ! You guys are the best!:D

Today is a leg day for me and I'll do my own thing.
Probably firewalkers and floorwork from B&G and will add on something else too.

We're getting some real summer heat now and I love it!}(
Yesterday was almost 90 degrees!

Have a good one !:D (Jane, YAY!! on the workouts!!)

Good Morning.

I was soooo sore and tired by the time last night rolled around that I actually felt SICK. ACK! I took 2 ibuprofen before bed last night and slept like a rock! I feel much better this morning!:)

I have yoga on tap for today-that's it...Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!:D

Tammy: I guess I will find out today if I can follow my rotation 2 days in a row! I'll be back after my work out to give you the results!:7

Have a great day!:)

Good Wednesday Morning Ladies!

Today's workout is BC everything but core premix with ME abs

My tri's are still feeling DOMS from Monday's WO lol - guess going heavier worked them hard }(

Hubby slept all day yesterday and woke up feeling better but we both think he may have bronchitis he woke us both up this morning at 2am with his coughing , thankfully he left our bedroom and stood in the family room as he couldn't sleep anymore. So I was able to continue my sleep.

* Tammy - it must be really nice working with a trainer to check your form and all that it involves. Enjoy your leg work today!

* Phyllis- ahh rest day - enjoy it, I won't see mine until Sunday. No vacation weekend for us as both hubby and oldest dd are working :::sigh:::

* Jane - oh boy I did this rotation on Monday , went heavy on both LB& UB but I still feel it in my arms 2 days later. Have fun with it- it was a good wo. :)

* Becky - how's mil doing? Here's hoping you and hubby can find some de-stress from worrying about her care.
Another one doing legs today- I love those firewalkers they hurt so good }( have fun with them

* Wendy - hey you posted while I was getting this post ready.

Wow that sore eh? Maybe you should soak in some epsolm salts today to help those muscles recover. Yoga sounds like the ticket - Enjoy it

Hellos to all who follow! :D

Have a wonderful Hump day Ladies - the weekends almost here! :7

Workout is done !

I did the B&G premix floorwork & abs and added FIREWALKERS & calves }(
I liked it ! It was a toughie to do the day after Lowmax! My legs really FELT IT !:eek: :p :eek:

I'm trying to decide when to take a rest day--tonight might be good so I can spend some time with my SO before he's off to see his Dad this weekend. I'll have to report back tomorrow :) I may go crazy and B&G Xtreme or Bootcamp standing on my head.

Tammy: Have fun with the leg work. I look forward to seeing you on Saturday. We can meet at 10:00 if you prefer. Just PM me or send me an email.

Wendy: I'm glad to know that I am not the only one who feels that way at times. It's a welcome relief to go upstairs, curl up in bed, and read before passing out...after the ibuprofen of course!

Jane: I really like PLB/PUB. I find I can squeeze a bit more effort out of my muscles knowing that soon I will change weights!

Becky: Enjoy the DOMS! x( ;-)

Phyllis: Enjoy your rest day. I may join you!

Vilma: I had forgotten the comfort of an epsom salt soak. Thanks for the reminder!

Greetings to all who follow!
Patti

Hi gals,

I decided to do something I hadn't done in a really really long time today. I have been doing strength (heavy) weight for the most part since I started this weight only rotation. Sooo today I decide that my muscles need a shock or something different so I did upper body and in some cases only selected exercises off of POWER HOUR today. I haven't done Power Hour in about 3 or more years. It was the first Cathe weight tape that I purchased. It was a killer and I had forgotten that she uses the barbell in the warmup. I did not do any legs or abs (other than the squats in the warmup and I skipped the lunges in the warm up also). I will be very sore tomorrow I know it.

I also did the 8 min. taebo for a little added cardio for variety that I usually do on Wednesdays. So hopefully I have jolted my system because my weight is still up from the weekend and I need it to come back down.

Have a great day!!:7

I stuck to my rotation, Tammy!!!! I did 30 mins of yoga and THAT'S IT!!! Proud of me? :p

I did XFlowsion's Calm Down Dog and it fit the bill PERFECTLY!:)

Wendy ~ Of course I'm proud of you;)

Annette~ Great workout!

Patti ~ We'll get together sooner or later...DOH!

Becky ~ I love those firewalkers....I imagine your LB will be screaming tomorrow after Lowmax and B&G!

Vilma ~ I am enjoying working with the trainer. Great workout today....that BC premix is divine!

Jane ~ Did you roll through the pyramids today?

Phyllis ~ I hope you had a great rest day :+

I'm off work until Tuesday :7:7:7 I LOVE this new schedule, but know it won't last forever. Sooner or later they are going to change my hours. But for now...I will thoroughly enjoy it!

Daily Check-in

I have been missing in action again. This was an unplanned computer break. To make a long story short, I had an appointment with my doctor Monday afternoon. I forgot to ask y’all to pray for me, but I went to have a place on my arm checked. I suffered a blistering burn in high school and have been watching a spot for years that started changing recently. It turns out that I do not have skin cancer, which is a good thing. It is something else, but thankfully it is not likely to result in cancer. I do believe God led me to schedule this appointment. Peace of mind is nice, but my doctor also gave me a good kick in the butt about my weight. I am having hormonal problems, and I have a weight goal for the Road Trip now. I weighed 216 pounds Monday afternoon. My doctor wants me to shed 36 pounds sooner rather than later. We can regulate my hormones with birth control pills, but it is not worth the risk at my current weight. Several of his patients have lost over 100 pounds in less than a year. I am greatly encouraged because they did not resort to pills or surgery or a legalistic diet. He prescribed cardio, cardio, and more cardio for me. He wants me to do 90 minutes of cardio at least 5 days a week and preferably 6 days a week. My eating and calories are right on target according to him, but he told me that I am not exercising enough. Oh my! I am grateful that he did not counsel me to cut my calories, but I was shocked when he told me that 60 minutes of exercise a day is not enough for significant weight loss at my age and size! Apparently, being more than 50 pounds overweight causes hormonal changes and makes it more difficult to shed the stubborn fat.

I went to my friend’s cardio boot camp class Monday after work. She is in total agreement with everything my doctor told me. It has worked for me in the past. It is the only thing that has worked for me. My Cathe rotation is solid, so I am planning to supplement with a second cardio session after work. My personal trainer friend and my doctor both reminded me that I can split my workouts into more than one session. My friend and all her clients are in amazing shape, and I have a tremendous amount of respect for her.

I figured out how to use the self-timer on my digital camera this week and took a self-portrait wearing my Cathe “embrace the challenge” baseball tee. It does not look as bad as I imagined. I still have a long way to go, but I can do this.

My morning workouts so far this week have been Rhythmic Step Sunday morning, Drill Max cardio leg blast premix Monday morning, Body Max 2 cardio and weights premix Tuesday morning, and Cardio Kicks this morning. I did my friend’s cardio boot camp class Monday after work and bounced on my rebounder last night. I wasted several hours tonight resolving a customer service issue with my phone company. I was hoping to go to the club and jog in the pool with Rebecca, but that did not happen. I am crashing a friend’s wedding tomorrow night, so my second workout will not likely happen. I am avoiding the pit of legalism and giving myself a lot of grace with my second workout of the day. My game plan is to stick with my planned Cathe rotation every morning and supplement with extra cardio in the evening when I have time and energy to do so. I know from experience that wearing myself out will backfire on me in the long run. My second workout of the day will usually be something gentle like rebounding, jogging in the pool, or enjoying a nice walk at the lake. The club just bought all new cardio machines that are equipped with LCD TVs. I can ride the recumbent bike and watch a movie or other show. I want to try the new arc trainer too. As I have shared before, I am a morning glory girl. My Cathe workouts are what I do for results. My extra cardio after work needs to be fun, joint-friendly, relaxing, and not over the top in intensity.

Low Impact Circuit is in my DVD player for tomorrow morning. If I get home too late from my friend’s wedding tomorrow night, I will check-in again over the holiday weekend.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.