Daily check-in Wednesday 4/22

Tamster

Cathlete
Good Morning Glories :D

I'm tired this morning! I'm going to do a 45 min steady state treadmill run and then after work it will be MTV Pilates Mix#2.

Happy Humpday ;)

Last edited:
Good morning Tammy and all that follow....

I'm trying to wake up myself this morning Tammy. This is the second morning in a row DH has had to nudge me to wake me up. I'm happily snoozing through the alarm. I am downing my first cup of coffee now... hopefully I'll wake up soon.

Today is STS Disc #9 - legs

I thought last night if I could just get up and get this workout done this morning, I'd be done.... that thought was no where to be found this morning. :rolleyes:

NOT an early morning exerciser.:eek:

Tammy, enjoy your run. Do you ever run outside?

Jane,I think it takes time to make the early morning thing a habit. I LOVE being done and having the rest of the day.

Today is the first plyo leg workout for me - I'm a little worried.

Good Morning Tammy, Jane , Phyllis & all who follow !

Have a good TM run Tammy!:)

Jane, good luck with those legs !;)

Phyllis, ACK! Plyo legs !:eek: I finally previewed it and it's scary! It looks to me like a very hard leg workout/ bootcamp and drill max all rolled into one !
I honestly doubt I can do Plyo legs because I work out on carpet over concrete. Jane suggested puzzle mats and I am giving that some thought, but I really have a tiny area, not sure how that would work.
Maybe I am looking for an excuse NOT to do it ???? ;):(:confused:

Yesterday I did CC and in the afternoon , some 1rm testing that I had missed.
I probably did too much because I am sore this morning.:(

Today is more cardio- still undetermined, but I'll figured something out !

Have a good one ,

Becky

Good Wednesday Morning Ladies!

Yesterday was a scheduled day off from my workouts as is today but I ended up doing Push Circuit 3 as I missed it on Sunday.

Tomorrow I start week 4 of the Push Phase.. I am really enjoying this program and I get no dread factor but then again I have mentioned it before :eek:

Tammy Have a great run.... How are you enjoying those pilates workouts?

Jane I have those mornings also when I just keep snoozing while my alarm is on :p

Phyllis Is pylo leg very hi impact? Oy reading what Becky says what it has I would be a bit worried myself...but I'm sure you'll tackle that one also with gusto ;)

Becky Is this a recovery week for you? Enjoy whatever cardio you decide to do :)

Well Have a Wonderful Wednesday --- hopefully I can convince my dh to go out for a nice morning walk after I get the kids to school

picture.php

Vilma !! YOU are the one doing CTX (is that what it's called ?) !!!

What is it like ?? Do you know if it is like STS ?

I've read a little about it and am curious. I know a lot of people really like it.

Just wondering if it's something I might buy one of these days. I have no idea what I'm going to do when I finish STS and thought maybe that would be an idea. ?

Anything you could tell me about it......I'd appreciate !!! :)

Off to workout !
Becky

I'm back after my workout.

I did CC #1 on the bike (first time on the bike ! Loved it !) and Biggest Loser Yoga/Pilates abs.
Really good choice for today for me ! :)

Have a happy day !
Becky

Becky I can't comment if its like STS as I canceled my preorder back in late August when I was going through a workout lag along with severe depression; but I do remember feeling a dread factor when I viewed the previews before the program was ready for mailing.

Anyways I do enjoy CLX due to the short workout time and I am drenched and my muscles are quivering by the time I am done. She tells you to go as heavy as you can to failure by 10 -12 reps in the Burn phase and 6-8 reps in the Push phase ...she mentions that if you feel you can do more reps then you need to go heavier. I am going to get the paceweights for my birthday as I need to go heavier but some exercises that big 5 lb jump is just a bit much for me.

Also if you are a member of the Ya Yas here is a great thread that was just started recently about it .... http://firmbelivers.yuku.com/topic/31477

if not let me know and I will try to pm you some comments that others who have completed the entire program say about it.

As it is I have it on loan from a forum friend here who lent it to me once she got her STS. Since I can't afford both it was great of her to allow me to use her CLX to see if I liked it .... and I really like it as I go as heavy as possible and safely without a spotter.

HTH :)

picture.php

Haven't worked out yet but I have a question... if you had the opportunity to join a gym mostly for variety in your cardio (can't step anymore and the bouncing hi/lo hurts too, I only do kickboxing workouts now) would you give it a try? I have a 7 days free trial at a Gold's Gym that I want to do and then decide if I am a 'gym' type person. I figure I can try some of the classes for variety and of course the weight machines for variety also. Is it worth it? I have never had a membership at a gym before and I don't want to look like a dork.

Thanks.

It's free ?? Then what do you have to lose ???

Give it a try !! You might love it !

If not, as least you know !! :)

Becky

Thanks Becky,

I did 35 min. of taebo today with my weighted gloves on for added intensity since I don't have bands.

Hope you all have a great day.:D

Annette ~ I agree with Becky. Try it out for a week!

Vilma ~ Yes, I am enjoying my pilates DVD. I really want to take some classes.

Becky ~ Great workout!

Phyllis ~ I rarely run outside...prefer the ole dreadmill :rolleyes:

Jane ~ I used to always be an early morning exerciser and I started back this week. So far, so good :)

Conni ~ Where are you?

Have a good night everyone!

Annette, I agree with the other gals. Try it out. You have nothing to lose and you will never know until you try. If you don't like it - you just go back to doing what you were doing.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.